TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
You and Me Down by the Sea [Alola]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 19:57:58 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

"We'll be fine, thank you," Nenet calls to her father, practically slamming the front door in the man's face to ensure he doesn't follow the pair outside and down towards the beach. Nenet's family home was large for the number of people who usually occupied it, but currently it was packed to the gills with her immediate family who spent the entire day questioning and examining Zev as if he were an insect under a microscope. Nenet supposes she should be grateful her mother even showed an interest, as the woman video called in from the field out in Unova, on a staticky connection they could barely make sense of, but she had never shown an interest in Nenet's guests before so that was a relatively new experience. She suspected her grandmother's bullying was ultimately to blame.
[break][break]
"I did warn you," she muses good-naturedly while tugging Zev towards a nearby hammock. She was tired, and was certain Zev must be too - not to mention they were both jet-lagged to hell and back. The Nzingha family could be a lot.
[break][break]
Such affection rare, Nenet nonetheless tips into a hammock that sways lightly in the breeze, her body curling comfortably against Zev's. It wasn't cold yet, the sun was still setting, but the temperature would continue to drop with the loss of light and the continuous ocean breeze.
[break][break]
Her arm thrown languorously over his torso, Nenet muses to Zev, "Ready to run into the sea yet?"

NOTES

- .[break]
- Mission: Prelude to Paradiso.[break]

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 2:30:55 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

In the lull of activity following the battle at the Ancient Tomb, as Team Rocket pieced together its understanding of what exactly had happened, Zev managed to book a vacation. With two weeks of free time on their schedule, he and Nenet had booked a flight to Alola.[break][break]

To relax, of course, and also to meet her family.[break][break]

Nenet had warned him what to expect, but the knowledge paled in comparison to reality. Zev was besieged on all sides by Nzingha family members.[break][break]

Nenet's father was clearly assessing him as a suitor for his daughter, oblivious to the fact they were already married. Her twin sisters cackled and pestered him with questions. Her grandmother, the obvious matriarch, even attempted to spook him by claiming she'd murdered people.[break][break]

She'd amused him enough that he'd taken an immediate liking to her.[break][break]

But the onslaught of interactions, met with his charming civilian persona, had completely drained him. Zev was happy to escape the chaos, even for a little while. He let Nenet pull him into the hammock, curling his arm around her as she snuggled against his chest. Their legs tangled together, and he tucked his other hand beneath his head.[break][break]

"You did," he conceded, weary, his smile falling away as his mask slipped off. "We should have gotten ourselves a little hotel room nearby."[break][break]

Instead, they were staying in Nenet's old bedroom. The massive collection of space-themed memorabilia housed there should not have surprised him as much as it had.[break][break]

Lowering his voice as he tilted his head to brush his lips against her forehead, Zev murmured, "You still haven't told them we're married, huh?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Prelude to Paradiso (B&B)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 3:47:58 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

"I can still get us a hotel if you'd rather," Nenet muses. Her eyes fall closed in contentedness as she feels a kiss brushed against her forehead - no sooner than they do she opens them again, a sly expression crawling onto her features.
[break][break]
"I haven't," she confirms. Lifting up just enough to look him in the eyes, she demands pointedly, "Would you tell them you were married without inviting them?" Nenet arches a single eyebrow - as if to prove her point, the back door some distance away slams open and her dad calls unhelpfully, "We're watching home movies if you want to join us!"
[break][break]
"No, dad," bellows Nenet pointedly over her shoulder.
[break][break]
There's some faffing before her father finally closes the back door again; Nenet slumps dramatically against Zev in response, and incredulous laugh spilling from her lips as she confirms, "I should have gotten a hotel room."
[break][break]
A fond exasperation overtakes Nenet's expression before it softens minutely, her hand trailing gently over his torso and, subsequently, over the scar there. "How's this doing," she murmurs in question.

NOTES

- .[break]
- Mission: Prelude to Paradiso.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 4:15:57 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

As much as Zev did want that hotel room, Nenet would not have insisted on staying with her family if she didn't value time with them. He knew that jumping on the chance to book a hotel right away—on the first night of their arrival—would displease her despite her jokes.[break][break]

"We'll stay with your family for a few days and get a hotel room for the rest of the vacation," he said by way of compromise. "We should see more of the islands, anyway."[break][break]

He wasn't going to spend two whole weeks stuck in his in-laws' backyard.[break][break]

Zev fell silent as Nenet handled her father, whose announcement about home movies was surely a ploy to keep his daughter and her new partner from spending too much time alone. But Mr. Nzingha left them eventually, shutting the door loudly behind him.[break][break]

"You're right," Zev said, a rare comment for him to make when not pretending to be normal. "Your family would never stop harassing you about it. Maybe we just never tell them." He was good at living a lie, after all.[break][break]

Nenet's fingertips brushed over the months-old scar along Zev's abdomen, drawing his attention to the way her touch warmed his skin.[break][break]

"It's fine. It doesn't hurt anymore." And anyway, he had acquired something new that would make sure he didn't get injured like that again. Not that she knew about it.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 19:34:10 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet hums in acknowledgement, her fingers abandoning the scarred flesh to instead settling comfortably on Zev's hip. A cool breeze flows off the ocean, sending the hammock swaying minutely beneath the palm trees as dusk begins its descent.
[break][break]
"I'll take you up the mountain after the weekend and then we can go to Malie. There's gardens I haven't been to in ages, and they have a Kantonian Gym you might like to see." Allowing a smile to curl into her lips, she teases, "You can pretend to be homesick."
[break][break]
"After that..." She trails off, her expression pensive as to what else to show Zev. "We have beaches - not the tourist ones - if you want to try surfing or Mantine surfing."
[break][break]
Tipping her head up, Nenet grins as she suggests as well, "Or you can just stay listen to Tutu try and convince you of her secret ops days some more. I think she likes you."

NOTES

- .[break]
- Tutu = grandmother!.[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 22:13:15 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Nenet's suggestions for sights to see sounded fine to Zev. He wasn't much of a tourist, having never developed an interest in travel. But he got restless easily. A regular change of scenery should, theoretically, keep him from growing bored—especially if there were thrilling activities to enjoy, too.[break][break]

Like surfing. He raised an eyebrow at the suggestion. "Mantine surfing? It has been a while since I've done that." The last time was during Splashfest last year. "Put that on the schedule, then," he decided, knowing Nenet had one written down somewhere.[break][break]

The gentle swaying of the hammock, the cool breeze from the ocean, and Nenet's warm body cuddled against his were doing wonders for Zev's state of relaxation. He tightened his arm around her shoulders, pulling her even closer to him.[break][break]

A low chuckle rumbled his chest at the mention of Nenet's grandmother. "I like her, too. She's amusing." Then he frowned. "Your sisters, on the other hand… what's their deal?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 15:38:07 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

"Consider it on the list," Nenet confirms, her cheek resting comfortably against Zev's shoulder. Mantine surfing does sound rather fun now that she's said it - she also hasn't been since last summer's festivities.
[break][break]
She glances up at the mention of her sisters, a wry smile crawling over her lips. "Not your favourite people?" Trying not to laugh, she clears her throat and then shrugs. "I don't know, they've always been like that since they were little. They take more after our mother than I do."
[break][break]
Her mouth opening to speak more, Nenet abruptly falls silent as she peers over Zev's shoulder. There, just a few feet away and staring intently at them, is a little Mimikyu. It take a single shuffling step towards the couple before she warns it, "Absolutely not. Back inside."
[break][break]
A few seconds pass before the Mimikyu finally decides to listen and shuffles back towards the house, looking rather dejected all things told. With a huff, Nenet confides to Zev, "You know, we genuinely don't know if they have one or two of those." Suddenly looking pensive, she adds, "I'm going to have to add wards tonight to keep them out of the bedroom."
[break][break]
Looking somewhat apologetic, if mirthful, Nenet then says, "Thank you for coming. We'll spend the rest of the visit in hotels after Monday and it all won't be so much, then." Leaning upwards, she presses a soft kiss to Zev's cheek.
[break][break]
"I still think we should stay here in the hammock all night," she adds, though she does press closer; the temperature continues to drop as the sun nudges lower in the sky, nearly disappearing behind the ocean. Above, the stars glitter brightly.

NOTES

- .[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 18:52:36 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Nenet's explanation for her sisters' behavior meant nothing to Zev, and the twins didn't interest him enough to continue a line of questioning, so he dropped the subject. Instead, when Nenet fell abruptly silent, he turned his head to look in the direction of her stare.[break][break]

The Mimikyu's presence didn't spook him, as he had grown up around Ghost-type Pokémon and spent a lot of time training the ones in his possession. But the hard tone in his wife's voice told him this one caused mischief.[break][break]

"I can have one of my Pokémon keep watch while we sleep, if that helps," Zev offered after the Mimikyu had left. He'd brought six with him, each one associated strictly with his public persona, such as his Lycanroc.[break][break]

But then again, Nenet was an expert in handling her sisters, so perhaps it was better to leave their defense in her hands.[break][break]

The kiss pressed to his cheek drew Zev from his thoughts. He turned his face toward Nenet's to return the kiss, this time on her lips. His hand on her shoulder moved to caress her cheek.[break][break]

"As much as I want to stay here, too, I'd rather have you in a bed," he murmured, choosing his words with precision. The darkness hid his smirk, but not the suggestion in his voice.[break][break]

Perhaps other men were more restrained in their in-laws' house, but Zev didn't care what Nenet's family thought.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 2:04:44 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

"It might be worth it," Nenet muses as to Zev releasing a Pokemon for the night. She also was little phased about the Mimikyu's antics, but given it was her sisters' Pokemon it was prone to chaos when given the chance. The last thing she wanted was to wake up with Mimikyu inside one of her Minior plushes while tearing the stuffing out a different toy while all of her music boxes played at once.
[break][break]
Again.
[break][break]
Her attention is diverted from her memories to Zev at his words, her eyebrow arching sharply. "You know those locks on the doors are for show," she asks dubiously. "None of them actually lock. And no one in this house knocks."

NOTES

- .[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 15:42:31 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Nenet's response cooled Zev's passion and drew a frown across his face. While he had no qualms with a nighttime romp in her childhood home, he was also a man who valued his privacy. The last thing he wanted to deal with was her father potentially causing a scene.[break][break]

Zev grunted in reluctant surrender. "Then we'll stay here for a little longer."[break][break]

At last, the sun slipped below the horizon, bringing night upon the world. All around them, the air filled with the croaking of Politoed and the soft glow of Ledyba, the endless rumble of the ocean's swell and the rustle of palm trees in the breeze.[break][break]

Before long, Zev dozed off, nestled comfortably against Nenet. The heat of the light he carried inside him radiated outward, warming them against the night's chill.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 23:16:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: