TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
there goes the neighborhood [m]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 6:44:06 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]

though trouble was expected in petalburg, the ranger never expected something quite like this.
[break]
[break]

the loud boom within petalburg woods chased away whatever wild pokemon still called this place home. assuming the worst, derek responded with the intention of fighting his way through today's problem. only to find that it would not be so simple.
[break]
[break]

embers trickling down the broadcast tower smoldered on the foliage below. while the other team of rangers were nearly done with their efforts to fight the fire, another group needed to replace the relay terminal up above. or maybe it was a transformer? derek wasn't really all that tech savvy...
[break]
[break]

what he did know was that they would have to make repairs while also fending off wil insects, avians and more using it to avoid the danger. arriving at the base of the tower, he was quick to get past introductions. "hey, i'm derek. i'll be the ranger on assignment for your job here." thankfully she came prepared, boasting an array of tools and other equipment.
[break]
[break]

although he wasn't sure how to feel about a new face. derek fought any urge to try and welcome her, as if he still respresented petalburg in any capacity. wearing the colors of a cadet, it felt like it would be weird to do so. "let me know if you need help with anything...like getting up there." he didn't doubt she could climb it, but whether she could hold on while being attacked by the wild pokemon up above...
[break]
[break]

maybe he should have just offered to clear the way up first?

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-skarmory"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".derek1"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote b, .derek1 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .derek1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .derek1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .derek1 .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .derek1 .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
there's a pretty big twist at the end. i doubt you'll like it.
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 14:23:59 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
 “Yujin. Yujin Ha.”

She had been crouched over at the base of the tower, disconnecting the clips of her duffel bag. Still, she found time to turn and smile broadly at him, looking fairly unhurried even as another ember drifted past their faces.

When she stood up, she raised a hand: there was a light poosh of air as something attached to a cord flung high upwards, landed against the steel frames, and immediately magnetized.

Yujin put one foot on the tower and heaved; the cable looped around her seemed to hold.

“I’m good with the climb, darling. But if you could look busy about all the birds, I would really appreciate it ♥”

Her porygon-z side-eyed Derek all the while, as inscrutable as her holo-blue sunglasses.

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 1:11:11 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]

"that's handy." the gadget seemed like something mr. bigshot silph would whip out in a pinch, but she was just another engineer. maybe yujin had a knack for making useful things. could be useful to be friends with someone like that.
[break]
[break]

a lone skarmory is employed from the pokeball soon cusped in derek's hand. it's steel wing deters the bugs and the birds from interfering with yujin's work. well, save for one that proves exceptionally defiant.
[break]
[break]

whistling for his pokemon, derek flies up for a closer look. the mother swellow is protecting a pair of injured hatchlings burned at the wing. with a reassuring nod, spare pokeballs are used to capture them all. his time in petalburg woods has granted a positive relationship with it's denizens, and his face is much more welcome than the lady scaling up the tower.
[break]
[break]

"all clear." offering a thumbs-up as a signal to proceed, derek returns to the ground. in the meantime his skarmory flies towards the city, seeking out treatment for the injured birds.
[break]
[break]

it wasn't until now that derek noticed the creepy eyes of the porygon-z observing him. "well you're a creepy one, aren't you?" as helpful as they might be in her line of work, that wacky look on their face always made him wonder—What does an inorganic pokemon think about? What motivates it, if not hunger and thirst?
[break]
[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-skarmory"]

[newclass=".derek1"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote b, .derek1 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .derek1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .derek1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .derek1 .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .derek1 .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 17:22:11 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
 The skarmory and its rider sail high above, delivering their fell swoops.

As Yujin climbed, she noticed that she heard no particularly painful squawks, felt no bodies fall past her and saw no feathers drifting in the air. Rangers continued to be soft, no matter the region.

The tower itself wasn’t in bad condition though every now and then she stopped to apply on the weakened steel something that looked suspiciously like black gel.

Halfway up, she returned the thumbs up to the ranger-rider.

At the top, she began working on the damaged antennae.

By the bottom, Derek would come across the porygon-z named Byzantine. Eerie as it was, if Derek had experience with the species, perhaps he would notice the swirl of its eyes and crackle of energy as it watched the last threat fly away.

And if he didn’t do anything to stop it, it would fire a concentrated hyper beam directly into the sky after the swellow.

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 14:19:57 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]

the coalescing energies of a hyper beam manifest before his eyes, forcing derek to bring a pokeball before them. shield!"
[break]
[break]

the aggron that came of the ball brings forth a barrier, and though hastily made, performs well in it's job to protect both the trainer and itself.
[break]
[break]

viewing it as unprovoked, derek curses the thing as he waves away the dust and dirt clouding air and lung. "what the fuck is this guy's problem?!"
[break]
[break]

the face of derek's boot resonates upon the tower as it impacts it's base. "you a god damn rocket or something!?" either way, it made no sense to launch an attack at this point. let alone at his pokemon (who was carrying the swellow all along).
[break]
[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-skarmory"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-aggron"]

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 22:50:43 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
 One could say she felt the kick more from intuition than the actual tower. It wasn’t the largest structure, but it was solid steel.

Yujin squinted as she looked down, the pale shock of Derek’s hair bobbing erratically as he cursed and gesticulated. “Uh oh,” she chuckled, checking the antennae one last time before descending.

“...Ah, did it misfire? My apologies. The targeting on that thing needs adjusting now and then…”

Yujin detached her climbing gear and loaded it into her bag. She’d gotten the gist of the situation—mostly. Byzantine stood there impassively with no shame whatsoever, watching the aggron.

“No one got hurt? You especially?"

Yujin would circle and pat at Derek's clothes, as if he was hiding blood underneath dirt, embers, and sweat.

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 10:21:34 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]

squinted hues of scrutiny observe yujin as she shrugs it off with a chuckle. so blatantly callous to the haphazardous nature of her pokemon."...a misfire?" that's all she chalked it up to.
[break]
[break]

she must've been used to working with this thing as her lookout and guard.
[break]
[break]

not with some ranger underfoot, taking care of all the rabble.
[break]
[break]

but still...
[break]
[break]

"whatever. you should teach the thing not to fire unless told to." even for a pokemon running via programs, protocols and subroutines—or whatever you'd call it. they should still be able to understand an order. and abide by it.
[break]
[break]

derek takes a step back, distancing himself from yujin while gazing up at the tower. "seems like you've finished." derek's offhand moves to return the aggron into it's ball, but hesitates due to his initial suspicion. best not to leave another opening.
[break]
[break]

"so what's next? got another appointment to make, or are you free for a drink? i'll buy." while a little uncouth, derek doesn't see any harm in offering. besides, she might have a story or two worth listening to.
[break]
[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-skarmory"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-aggron"]

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 19:38:00 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Unless told to? Hmm… but that defeats the purpose.”[break][break]

She didn’t have a reaction to his widening the gap between them. Instead her hand went to her chin, like they were discussing the weather. “It’s like my sentry turret. I’m usually preoccupied when I’m working, so it watches my back and eliminates anything that sneaks up on me.”[break][break]

But she held out her hand and would whisk the creature away back into its holding with a crackle of psychadelic light.[break][break]

“I suppose it’s like teaching a child what’s wrong and what’s right. I’m not good with kids though, got any advice?”[break][break]

Yujin would nod at his fair assessment of their work being complete. Mostly; she still had to pull the rotom phone from her bag and report back.[break][break]

At his offer, she’d grin. “Don’t be silly. I’ll buy.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".yujin"]--accent:#366bcb; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .yujin blockquote b { font-size:13px!important } .yujin blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 11:30:53 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]

"That works too." If she really wanted to pay, she could pay.
[break]
[break]
"As for teaching them? I'd start with etiquette. Shooting someone in the back isn't a good look." Especially a wild pokemon fleeing for help, it's babies in tow.
[break]
[break]
"But that's if you care. Personally? I save that kind of thing for rockets." Might as well abide by their playbook, now that the league was compromising it's image. Not to mention he no longer represented them.
[break]
[break]
"But I don't imagine you'll see much of them." Team Rocket was everywhere and nowhere at this point. "They're probably hunkered down somewhere with the seal stone. Figuring out some kind of way to exploit the damn thing." Just like the League would be doing, had they been successful. He could only wonder to what end.
[break]
[break]
"Anyway, we can talk more over that drink." Withdrawing the Aggron in favor of a Garchomp, Derek climbs onto the creature to dismiss himself. "Gonna change out of uniform at home. Meet ya at the bar." The nudge of his boot prompted the dragon to begin it's ascent, launching them in the direction of the city, where he'd be waiting.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-skarmory"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-garchomp"]

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 15:36:37 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

An eyebrow raised at his admittance. The man was broad and had a cute face, but he said such mercurial things. Like a big, bushy lycanroc; she wanted to pet him, and maybe she’d be OK with getting nipped at the same time.[break][break]

“How surprising, we're more alike than I thought.” She was the last person to care about personal integrity. In her line of work, not only do you shoot from behind but you double-tap to ensure nothing gets back up.[break][break]

And the ranger seemed to have strong feelings about the terrorist organization. Though most in this region seemed to, as well.[break][break]

Yujin waved as Derek left, only realizing a few moments later that she had no idea what bar he meant. Surely there was more than one in Petalburg? She didn’t even have his phone number.[break][break]

“Oh… oops.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".yujin"]--accent:#366bcb; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .yujin blockquote b { font-size:13px!important } .yujin blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 21:44:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: