1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
the path that separates | e4
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 17:54:41 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Greyson?" Callan knocks on the door to his counterpart's office before quietly opening the handle and slipping inside.

Red eyes move across the decor to the raven haired Elite Four. Callan stands in the center of the luxurious office, hands slipped into the pockets of his jeans.

"I didn't expect our first meeting to discuss the challenge to be here at your office," Callan's voice was curious. He had assumed they would prepare in the training arena today for their upcoming battle. Yet here he finds himself, in Greyson's domain.

"Might be a bit late in saying this, but congratulations on Elite Four." He pauses, "And my sympathies for the cancerous politics that come with it."

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,066 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 18:18:11 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]Greyson sat behind a wooden desk, fingers tapping contemplatively on its surface. The desk was a clutter of paper, folders, drinks, and more. The corners were worn down from years of use, its paint faded with age. Greyson looked up as Callan entered, eyes widening a smidge in surprise. He collected himself near instantly, lips widening into a pleasant smile.
[break][break]
"Callan," he said, standing. "Please, come in and sit."
[break][break]
The chairs situated in-front of the desk were mismatched - one with plush leather, the other your standard four-legged wood. Shuffling the papers out of his way, he found the comfort of his seat once more.
[break][break]
"So, you want to undergo my challenge." He would be Greyson's first, in-fact. "But before we begin, I have to ask: why do you want to challenge me?" His expression is uncharacteristically serious, fingers now clasped in-front of him.
[break][break]
"You're a member of the Elite Four yourself. There's really no higher than this, short of the Champion or perhaps 's chair. So, I'd like to know your reasoning before we begin - Straight from the source. Is it fame? Prestige? Someone to test your mettle against?"

[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #2a879e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 11:10:26 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan gives a warm smile as he takes the plain wooden chair. Clasping his hands under the table, he meets Greyson's gaze earnestly.

"All three reasons resonate with me," he says. "But most of all, I understand the dedication it takes to master this craft. The long hours, the hard work - I think it's a journey we're both familiar with."

He pauses. "I seek to challenge myself against others who've walked that same path. To test my skills, yes, but I'd be lying if I said this was for purely altruistic purposes."

Callan's eyes glance towards Greyson's clasped hands.

"I won't deny that the fame and prestige are strong motivators. But I want, most of all, to validate the belief in myself."

Leaning forward slightly, he says, "I aim to be Champion to see how far I can take this craft we've devoted ourselves to. It's a personal milestone, and one that I've had the intention of achieving since I began the challenge."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,066 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 23:33:59 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]He listens, and when finishes, he's silent. Fingers still locked he taps the side of his knuckles to his mouth.
[break]
[break]

Finally, he stands.
[break]
[break]

"Very well."
[break]
[break]

Greyson moves to a nearby coat rack where his badolier rests. It was made of intertwined vines and flowers, the product of a dozen comfey working together. Collapseable orbs sat comfortably in indentations made just for them.
[break]
[break]

"I accept your challenge." A click reveals a Delphox. She sniffs irritatingly at Callan. "Prepare for Teleportation."
[break]
[break]

He nods to the Witch, and they're all consumed in violet light.
[break]
[break]

[break]
[break]

They arrive in a large stretch of grassland.
[break]
[break]

The field is more weed than grass, but nearby a number of comfey and grass-type pokemon work the field to their liking.
[break]
[break]

A small flower filled meadow breathes new life into this place; a hopeful sign of things to come.
[break]
[break]

In the center of the clearing, and where the two men would find themselves, is a rectangle in white paint; it's a crude imitation of what is used in tournaments, or gym challenges. Some 50-meters away are a circle of trees that surround the clearing.
[break]
[break]

The Pokemon nearby stop their work and turn their curious gazes onto Greyson and the new arrival.
[break]
[break]

"And old friend ( ) and I would often come here to battle. It's where I decided I would one-day be worthy of the title of 'Champion'." He tosses an easy smile in Callan's direction. "I could find no place more fitting."
[break]
[break]

Greyson indicates with an outstretched hand where Callan should go. Greyson heads to the opposite-side.
[break]
[break]

"This will be 6 vs 6 battle. We will each field two pokemon at a time until either one of us has been rendered unable to continue, or surrenders."
[break]
[break]

Two Pokemon take the field - an Umbreon and a white-scale Salazzle.
[break]
[break]

"Your move."

[break]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 11:21:24 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan pauses as the silence overtakes the room, before Greyson seemingly makes up his mind. Callan smiles, and as Greyson reminds him of their mode of transport, Callan stands up and into a clear space, he smiles at the haughty Delphox, before a flash of light overtakes him.

The smell of Oldale is immediate. Roots and grass, though this clearing is foreign to him, he could make out the mountains, the Icelands in the distance, the routes to Petalburg. He puts his hands in his pockets as he looks around, before turning his attention back towards Greyson.

"I see," He replies, smiling politely. "it's nice to have a friendly rival push you to be your best." He moves towards his side of the battlefield. With the paint, was clear where they were supposed to stand. "When you are free, I would like to ask you about what motivated you to become a Champion, now that you know mine."

But that would have to be after the battle.

Callan unclips two Ultra Balls from his belt and tosses them outwards, as an Alolan Ninetales and an Indeedee take his side of the field. A SNOWSCAPE begins to fall as a surge of Psychic energy ripples from his Indeedee, creating a PSYCHIC TERRAIN.

He nods as Greyson affirms the challenger to have the first move.

"Lyselle, FOLLOW ME. Yukianesa, AURORA VEIL." Lyselle's finger waves into the air as the PSYCHIC TERRAIN wafts around it creating an invisible target upon itself, a veil of light wafts from the snow and encircles the two. As the two Pokemon prep for battle, Yukianesa begins to empower itself, raising its mental faculties with NASTY PLOT.

Psychic Surge: 5 turns
Snow: 5 turns
Aurora Veil: 5 turns

+ Callan sends out Indeedee and A!Ninetales
+ Snow Warning and Psychic Surge activate, creating Snow and Psychic Terrain
+ Indeedee uses Follow Me, redirecting all opponent moves towards her.
+ Alolan Ninetales uses Aurora Veil, generating defensive shields of light.
+ Alolan Ninetales uses Nasty Plot, empowering its moves.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,066 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 12:42:47 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
"Perhaps if you win." He says smiling.
[Break][break]
starts off much like Greyson expects. On edge, but appearing none the different, he snaps off quick commands of his own.[break][break]

"Umbra. Taunt." The dark-type immediately turns and shakes her rear provocatively to her two opponents.
[Break][break]
Greyson's already issuing commands to his salable.
[Break][break]
"Ghost. Show some appreciation." The lizard claps appreciatively, forcing an encore of the follow me to the now taunted psychic-type.
[Break][break]
Satisfied, Greyson goes on the offensive.[break][break]

"Coat the field. Let's make them work for it, Ghost."
[Break][break]
Happily, she consumes her opponents field in a poison gas.

[break]

notes

[break]taunted both ninetales & indeedee[break]encore on indeedee[break]Poison gas on Callen's entire side of the field.[break]

[/div]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 16:49:31 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
It was a staple tactic, particularly in tournaments, to utilize an Indeedee's ability to prevent priority attacks, while simultaneously utilizing self-projecting Priority moves in order to prevent opponents from taking critical setups through the use of either crippling status moves, and having their Indeedee take the brunt of the attack.

Indeedee, the main purpose for Callan in having brought Lyselle in the first place was to use such a tactic to establish a powerful presence.

As a result of FOLLOW ME's PRIORITY BRACKET, it would land first, before TAUNT strikes the both of them, and absorb the TAUNT that was meant for Yukianesa as well. Despite the fact it had been a single target attack, it's mainstay was to be able to impact through targeted suggestion.

A verbal attack that designed to psychologically efface Pokemon to the point of forcing them both to strike would only truly impact one.

Yukianesa, his Ninetales, finds irritation, but AURORA VEIL and NASTY PLOT would go through, unimpeded. Unfortunately, staying in meant subjecting both of his Pokemon to the effects of POISON GAS and Lyselle to TAUNT, and Callan would now have to deal with the continual loss of health on both of his Pokemon.

Nevertheless, he must carry on. Taking to the offensive. Callan switches out his INDEEDEE for UMBREON.

"DAZZLING GLEAM. YAWN." Callan orders.

Yukianesa unleashes a flurry of SPECIAL BOOSTED FAIRY ENERGY, exploding forwards towards both Pokemon like ultraviolet rave lights, as Umbreon hummed under its breath, aiming towards the Salazzle, it's hypnotic tone would inflict drowsiness, before rendering it unconscious in a few moments.

Using Taunt and Encore allowed one to lock an opponent into a perpetual state of inaction except to switch. It was a nice play.

Snow: 3 Turns
Aurora Veil: 3 Turns
Psychic Terrain: 3 Turns

Ninetales (82.5%): +2 Special Attack, Poisoned
Indeedee (100%): Poisoned

+ Indeedee's FOLLOW ME has priority of +2, it goes first and escapes TAUNT.
+ TAUNT and ENCORE target out Indeedee, Ninetales' NASTY PLOT and AURORA VEIL go through unaffected.
+ POISON GAS poisons both Ninetales and Indeedee
+ Callan switches out Indeedee for Umbreon.
+ Ninetales uses a 200% power DAZZLING GLEAM on both opponents.
+ Umbreon YAWNS on Salazzle, which will induce SLEEP after she attacks.
+ Ninetales takes 1/8th of its life as damage from poison.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,066 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 2:00:54 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
Greyson clicks his tongue.
[break][break]
The yawn was a problem, but one he'd have to manage through. His eyes flick to the drowsy, white scaled lizard.[break][break]
"Last effort girl. Disable his Umbreon." He snaps his attention to his own. "Taunt them both. Again. Stagger it."
[break][break]
That meant that the dazzling gleam and hail would go unimpeded. Both his Pokemon take the strikes, grunting or groaning from the pain.
[break][break]
"Moonlight."
[break][break]
And all that pain is washed away beneath the light of a full moon.

[break]

notes

[break]> Poison Gas, unless swept away by an attack (e.g. wind, or otherwise), should still linger and poison any Pokemon that are summoned inside of it.[break]> Disable used on Umbreon's "yawn".[break]> Taunt on both Pokemon, staggered so as not to occur at the exact same time as Disable.[break]> Both Pokemon are struck by weather + attack[break]Moonlight heals them (not entirely)
[break][break]

[/div]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 15:11:38 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The taunt goes through this time. Callan's Ninetales and Umbreon find themselves unable to use non-offensive attacks. In addition, Umbreon finds itself unable to use Yawn thanks to its disable ability.

The lingering poison erodes at Yukianesa's vitality. The poison itself needed to be dealt with quickly. "SPARKLY SWIRL." Callan orders. A gust of fairy-type wind blows out from the Callan's Umbreon to sweep against Greyson's Umbra.

As it sweeps out, the winds disperse poison, enchanting Callan's side with a healing ward and curing his party of its ailments.

SPARKLY SWIRL
90 BP | FAIRY TYPE | SPECIAL ATTACK |
The user attacks the target by wrapping it with a whirlwind of an overpowering scent. This also heals all status conditions of the user's party.

Yukianesa follows up with a barrage of empowered DAZZLING GLEAMS, doubling over its power in order to break through Umbra's defenses.

Snow: 1 Turn
Aurora Veil: 1 Turn
Psychic Terrain: 1 Turn

Ninetales (75%): +2 Special Attack

+ Poison Gas lingers on the field.
+ Callan's Umbreon uses SPARKLY SWIRL, creating a fairy whirlwind that targets Greyson's Umbreon.
+ SPARKLY SWIRL clears the poison gas and recovers Callan's poisoned Pokemon.
+ Callan's Ninetales uses two empowered DAZZLING GLEAMS at Greyson's duo.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,066 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 16:07:56 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]taunt gets him a chink in the other mans armor. It wouldn't be enough to seal a victory here, but the temporary advantage it granted him here could not be wasted.
[break]
[break]

"Get close Jester, quickly."
[break]
[break]

Lopunny takes the order literally. Empowered by an increased agility, she bounds across the field in small bunny-like leaps. It's quick enough to dodge one of the Ninetale's attacks, but the other washes over her in a spray of twinkling dust. Her speed slows a fraction, muscles tensing to push through the pain, but her forward momentum never stops.
[break]
[break]

On the other-side of the field, Greyson's already giving orders to his Umbreon.
[break]
[break]

"Use the field to your advantage. Psychic!"
[break]
[break]

The counter-attack does little to stop the sparkly swirl, being wind-based as it was, but it could solve the other issue. A chunk of earth rips from the battlefield, empowered by 's psychic terrain. She lifts it like a wall in-front of her, taking the brunt of the dazzling gleam. Satisfied with her ad-hoc defensive measures, she simply lobs the earth across the field toward her species counterpart.

[break]

notes

[break]agility used by Lopunny. She crosses the field.[break]
dodge used by lopunny. She takes ONE dazzling gleam attack.[break]
PSYCHIC used by Umbreon to block dazzling gleams. [break]Umbreon takes the sparkly swirl attack head on. Umbreon lobs the piece of earth at Callan's Umbreon.[break][break]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 0:55:13 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan's Umbreon is struck by the piece of earth from Greyson's. The PSYCHIC's damage was mitigated, but the power of the chunk of rock striking against the Umbreon was akin to a ROCK SLIDE. The chunk strikes into his Umbreon, dealing a small amount of damage.

Callan considered what was the best course of action, at present. So long as Greyson's Umbreon was on the field, there was a great degree of difficulty on his part to break through. "It seems like you have quite a defensive battling style Greyson." He remarks, taking note of his use of statuses and use of moves.

Switching out his Umbreon, Callan sent back in Indeedee. PSYCHIC TERRAIN once again expels from its body, as it quivers in anticipation. "Lyselle, HELPING HAND." The Indeedee's palm extended outwards towards Ninetales, blessing it with an empowered aura.

There was nothing else to be done, if he could not wallbreak past Greyson's Umbreon, it would be a battle of painful attrition that would extend until one side gives from exhaustion, or until one of them realised that the battle was fruitlessly unenjoyable.

"DAZZLING GLEAM, Yukianesa."

The fairy light expelled outwards once again towards both Pokemon from Greyson's side of the field, the power would, this time, hopefully be enough to bust through the defenses of any literal walls, with the empowerment from Lyselle's HELPING HAND. The strength of the Dazzling Gleam, in addition to any accumulated damage, would arguably be enough to knock out Greyson's Umbreon.

Psychic Terrain (5 turns)

Greyson's Lopunny: +2 Speed.

Ninetales (75%): +2 Special Attack, Helping Hand Boost
Indeedee (100%)
Umbreon (90%)

+ Callan's Umbreon is hit by the Psychic ROCK, Greyson's Umbreon is hit by Sparkly Swirl (Reference) (Note: I've reset the damage counter on Greyson's Umbreon.)

+ Callan' switches out his Umbreon for Indeedee, PYSYCHIC SURGE activates.

+ Indeedee uses HELPING HAND on NINETALES, empowering her next attack.

+ Callan's Ninetales uses DAZZLING GLEAM at Greyson's Umbreon (Reference) and Lopunny (Reference).

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,066 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 23:04:51 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"I've found that sometimes it's easier to let your enemy skewer themselves on your blade. All subjective, of course."
[break][break]
His eyes dance meaningfully on the approaching Lopunny who, empowered by her previous agility, flies across the field. The rapidly approaching dazzling gleam presents a threat, but one she's prepared for.
[break][break]
"Hyper Voice!" he commands, and the rabbit has barely a moment to slow before an eardrum splitting soundwave shoots from her maw. It acts as a counterweight to her momentum as she comes to a near stop, only slightly stumbling backwards from the force of her attack. It does however spread into a cone in-front of her aimed directly at Ninetales, scattering the fairy dust that's headed her way.
[break][break]
All the while a bright crimson light shines on the field, replaced by a pearlescent stream. gone is the umbreon, replaced by a Comfey that finds itself wrapped around the Lopunny's wrist. She takes a glancing blow from the leftover attack from the ice-type, but her typing reduces the damage significantly.
[break][break]
From beneath the duo, a Grassy Terrain rises. Both terrains clash with one another for dominance, until a synergy is reached to allow them both to remain.
[break][break]
With only a moment of hesitation as her attack fades, Lopunny is on the move once more.

[break]

notes

[break]agility still empowers the Lopunny, who uses hyper voice to bring herself to a stop and scatter the incoming attack from Ninetales.[break]
umbreon is recalled.[break]
comfey takes the field, wrapping itself around the Lopunny's wrist, and taking minimal damage from the dazzling gleam. it uses grassy terrain, creating a synergy between the two terrains (this is so we don't have to do a constant back-n-forth with terrains lol)[break][break]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 13:58:05 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I certainly hope that's not what you think I am." Callan smiles, as he watches the light from his Alolan Ninetales' Dazzling Gleam dissipate from the shockwaves created by Lopunny's HYPER VOICE.

There was certainly a malleability to the usage of moves that Greyson possessed that Callan eprsonally could learn from. It was a good thing that he was a swift learner. To adapt to another person's training regiment was a key component of every trainer's toolkit. If traditional forms of damage would not do, he would simply have to adapt.

The Comfey that comes out binds to the wrist of the Lopunny. Callan wondered how long this match would stall out, perhaps that was the entire goal, to frustrate the trainer into doing something reckless.

"IMPRISON them, use EXPANDING FORCE within the domain."

If the Lopunny's ability was to be able to move out the way and react in time enough to create light, then it would do to first seal away its avenues for escape. A large, cubic form creates itself around the two opposing Pokemon of contrasting terrains of grass and psychic, shrinking inwards as it begins to seal in the Pokemon as it begins to shrink and limit the bunny's movement. Before the EXPANDING FORCE comes out from Lyselle.

Psychic Terrain (3 turns)
Grassy Terrain (5 turns)

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,066 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 21:49:56 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Greyson watches on silently, the battle unfolding in new, creative ways. He admired the strategy Callan was using, noting some things down for his own practice. Just a test.
[break][break]
"Send it right back at them!"
[break][break]
The sheen of the Lopunny's fur turns opaque, like a pearl, as the mirror coat meets the expanding force. The attack was likely meant to crush them, but turned back onto their opponents, it was more likely to break their new 'cage'.
[break][break]
For good measure the shadow-comfey releases its own expanding shadow storm, to shatter this barrier, and to consume her opponnents.

[break]

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 7:51:09 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
If that was the effect of Mirror Coat in this battle, so be it.

"BATON PASS to ZENOS!" Lyselle switches herself, throwing a light stick into the air that forms into a Pokeball. As the MIRROR COATED expanding force rebounds back towards Callan's side of the field.

"COPYCAT!" The Spinda that comes out redirects the incoming EXPANDING FORCE and the additional SHADOW STORM behind it, it's fur replicating the opalescent, defensive properties of the Lopunny as it rebounds the apparently barrier shattering force into the two Pokemon with a SHADOW STORM behind it.

"DISABLE." Callan commands, as Spinda clicks its fingers, stopping the Greyson's Lopunny from being able to use MIRROR COAT again.

Psychic Terrain (1 turns)
Grassy Terrain (3 turns)

MADE BY MIZO