Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Cross-Eyed Strangers [M]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 13:09:06 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Déjà vu mixed with curiosity as Nomi traversed the uneven footing that heralded the entry to Granite Cave. Several weeks had passed since Rocket had recovered the Seal Stone from the violent depths of the Ultra Deep Sea; some within her faction now considered that rift "old news", less interested in further exploring it - especially now that locations such as Lesser Megalopolis could be accessed.[break][break]
Something about the Ultra Deep Sea called out to Nomi, however; beckoned her like a siren song, whispering of power.[break][break]
An old, familiar power. A name on the tip of her tongue that felt just out of reach. Faded memories that made her think of old bones and the sharp, burning scent of acid.[break][break]
Oddly - or perhaps, to a keen scientist aware of the region's turmoil, expectedly - the terrain within Granite Cave had changed. At first it was subtle: small craters where the ground had once been flat, tunnels she did not recognize being there from her first few visits. She did not have any specific plan, necessarily, and so she simply followed after the Unown-N that drifted ahead of her, wondering where it would lead.[break][break]
Something glittered in the low light. The Unown-N halted, floating silently in the air. Nomi took out a flashlight from her backpack, clicked it on, then sucked in a breath.[break][break]
They were in a small cavern littered with pearlescent crystals. Though they sparkled like so many winking eyes, Nomi's first thought was that it reminded her of a graveyard.[break][break]
"Are they Tera crystals?" She whispered aloud. She approached one cautiously, intending to run a hand over its smooth, translucent surface.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Tera Tunneling (Act 1)[break]
Outfit Inspo (hiking)[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Cross-Eyed Strangers [M]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 19:55:13 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelotag"]
[attr="class","angelomain"]One last sweep of the Dewford sea after weeks of combing through the waters, and it could officially be declared as picked clean. Wrecks of the Rocket cargo ships that Nautica had sunk during the clash in the Ultra Deep salvaged and plundered. By their hands, naturally.

It was only polite to clean up (and keep for themselves) the mess they’d created.

Angelo had spent the day observing from the air for anything they’d missed and once he was satisfied, he’d landed his trusty seaplane back in the small island town. He’d have stayed close to the dock, waiting for refuelling to be complete, had he not been called to.

Not by phone, mind you.

Ever since the mission at the Ancient Tomb, connections he hadn’t realised he’d forged flare without prompting when they were close by. He was still getting used to controlling these abilities, much less when they were strong.

Like he’s being lead by a string, he’s guided to Granite Cave.

He grimaces. Past events led Angelo to not feel at peace within cramped spaces but fuelled by curiosity he wanders into the dark, reluctantly trading his sky for one of rock.

At his side, his illumina Dragapult keeps close company. X-Ray’s glow and his phantom force capabilities a soothing comfort.

After picking his way through the tunnels, Angelo finds the end of the line. Lead to a pink haired woman, with millions of hauntingly large eyes staring at him in the reflection of the crystals she examines. The pilot is too intrigued by the strange thought of strawberries popping into his head and a sense of nostalgia for their scenery, to let the Unown’s unblinking reflections phase him.

"Well, it doesn't look like any moonstone cluster I've ever seen," he responds to a curious little whisper. "I'm going to go with 'yes'."
[attr="class","angelopoke"]
[newclass=.angelo] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.angelomain] margin: 0 auto;width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelopoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Cross-Eyed Strangers [M]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2023 1:15:12 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi jumped, startled.[break][break]
A man had approached her, his footfalls so silent not even her Unown had heard him. He was much taller than she was, lean and muscular, his gait confident though she sensed just a touch of unease. He was dressed in rugged clothing, unmarked and unadorned - this was no League Ranger. Auburn hair, wind-swept, with blue eyes that glittered like sun on water. A grin worth its weight in gold.[break][break]
She had never seen this man before in her life, but she also, inexplicably, felt like she knew him.[break][break]
"If they are," she continued, finding that it was easy to relax once she had seen his face. "They are larger than the typical specimens. Tera crystals tend to be palm-sized on average. These are..." Well, the crystals could speak for themselves, couldn't they?[break][break]
The Unown-N drifted over to the illumina Dragapult that accompanied the man, as if to investigate it. Nomi knelt and pulled out a small chisel from her backpack, intending to chip away at one of the impressive crystals, a sample to take back to the lab.[break][break]
"What brings you here?" She asked, genuinely curious. Oddly, she felt as if she ought to know his name. It was on the tip of her tongue, just out of reach, slipping through the cracks in her memory like tendrils of shadow.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Cross-Eyed Strangers [M]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 20:20:07 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelomain"]Something between them twanged, as if the cord he’d followed from the dock had been plucked like a guitar string in an uneasy wobble. Uncertainty radiated from the woman. Angelo could sense it.

She turns around, eyes bright in the bioluminescent glow that warmed their quiet nook. Soft pink hair. Small. Yet she was kitted out in gear that hinted she knew what she was doing and that she was already deep into the cave, he could easily assume this wasn’t her first rodeo.

Angelo gives her a crooked smile, feet remaining trenched some respectable two or three paces away. Motivated by some feeling of unexplained care to not agitate the tether further. “Huh. If they are, then I'm impressed they're still here. You must be the early bird.

Gradually, he feels the tension begin to ease.

I have an exploration company. Kinda my job to stick my nose into Hoenn’s weird and wonderful locales.

He holds out his hand towards her then, just as X-ray lifts the tip of a glowing tail to curiously nudge the tip of the Unown-N’s ‘appendage’.

Angelo Vestri,” he introduces, words tasting strangely of Déjà vu. Its combated by a roguish tilt, mischief flavouring his words. “And you? You a rock licker?

He’d frequented the Lilycove and Slateport museum halls enough to pick up on geologist jabs.
[newclass=.angelo] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.angelomain] margin: 0 auto;width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelopoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Cross-Eyed Strangers [M]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 13:23:11 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Angelo. Nomi's stomach did a weird little flip. It was the right name, like the last puzzle piece fitting perfectly into the only opening available to complete a very specific picture.[break][break]
"Naomi Sato," she replied in return, taking his hand. It engulfed her smaller one, but she liked the feel of his grip - strong and dependable, calloused in a way that made her think of tree trunks and fishing nets. "But my friends call me Nomi."[break][break]
The Unown-N allowed itself to be prodded by the Dragapult, though it did not take its eye off Angelo as he interacted with Nomi.[break][break]
"Rock licker?" She giggled. "No, I'm a scientist. A graduate student at Slateport University studying biomedical engineering." She smiled. "My thesis is on the physiological effects of Terastallization, so I can't help but find crystals like these interesting."[break][break]
She waved a hand at the massive chunks of glittering rock. Her explanation was a bit of an understatement; she was, after all, the Rocket Head Scientist responsible for studying and utilizing all Pokémon-altering phenomena, Terastallization being only one of them. As friendly and familiar as Angelo seemed, however, he had not yet earned that particular tidbit about her.[break][break]
"Exploration company?" She began shaving the nearest crystal with a specialized knife, making sure to do so over top of an open sterile container on the ground meant to catch the flakes. "To what end? Are you looking for something?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Cross-Eyed Strangers [M]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 20:52:51 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelomain"]Then Nomi it is, he thinks to say, as if its the most natural response in the world. Only he doesn’t. Keeping fond familiarities of hazy origin locked behind the bars of a smile.

Knowing someone he can’t remember knowing is really fucking weird.

Harsh. Rock lickers are scientists, too.” He smiles, taking a step forward as Nomi appears to relax. His back meets the cool cavern wall, leaning as he observes the newly introduced scientist work on the crystals.

You picked a good time to get into Terastallization, with all these new cave systems appearing.” A nod towards the clump of ore she inspects.

Terastallization was no doubt a hot topic, what with it being so new to the Hoenn region having only recently fallen into their laps. Almost literally. Angelo had been there to see if happen, had plummeted from the meteor alongside it. No doubt something she might take interest in, had he any desire to share.

Anything. Everywhere. New an' old. Until I’m too ancient to explore any more, I suppose.Or when an adventure becomes his last... “Don’t think this world will ever stop spitting out something to discover. Sure you can relate.

Angelo grins, arms folding loosely over his torso as if privy to a shared secret between the pair of them. Scientists were sort of like explorers.

Losing interest in the unown, X-Ray takes to a different cluster of rocks where the glow of his lounging, lizard body bounces off the sharp edges. Tiny flecks of light shiver in a multitude of colours upon the walls.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Cross-Eyed Strangers [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 1:18:29 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Shimmering shards of crystal, paper thin, began to fall into Nomi's collection container. She nodded in response to Angelo's comment about the cave systems.[break][break]
"I was actually lucky enough to procure one of the first tera shards...that fell from the meteor," she commented, carefully. "Through the university, I mean." Certainly not via a Rocket-provided space craft. "I helped with the research behind Tera Orbs. Fascinating process, Terastallization. To change typing via attunement, without evolution? It was the first we'd ever seen of such a phenomenon."[break][break]
She babbled on excitedly.[break][break]
"Based on what we know so far, we think it's technically possible for a single Pokémon to attune to every type of shard, thereby giving it access to all types. It would be arduous for someone to collect all the various shards, of course, and it might put a tremendous strain on the Pokémon itself but...previously, the only Pokémon we knew of that could access all eighteen types was...well, Arceus."[break][break]
Was she rambling? Oh dear, she was rambling.[break][break]
Nomi blushed, pausing her work to actually look at Angelo. She regarded him, trying to figure out whether or not she was boring him. He didn't look put off by her passion, that was good at least. If anything, he had a crooked smile on his face that betrayed a fondness for her enthusiasm.[break][break]
"Hey, you know, if you're the sort of person who explores places...maybe you could help me find one of each shard?" She realized. "So I can actually conduct that test."[break][break]
It was strange...almost like she'd asked him for help with one of her scientific projects before. But how could that be, when they'd only just met?[break][break]
"We can start in these cave systems. Seems logical, right?" She grinned.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Cross-Eyed Strangers [M]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 0:37:44 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

In the end, they managed to gather a handful of Tera shards: but only ten of the eighteen types. Angelo was the one to finally encourage a break, realizing that it had grown quite late in the day (hard to tell when you're underground, admittedly). Reluctantly, Nomi agreed to head back to the mouth of the cave, not far from where she'd first encountered him.[break][break]
There was so much she wanted to say...so many memories dancing just out of reach. She felt oddly compelled to tell Parker all about her encounter, even though there was no logical reason why the other woman might care about some random explorer Nomi had run across while digging for "weird crystals" so long as she came home in one piece. Nomi just had the weirdest feeling that Parker might know him...or know of him? Something like that.[break][break]
"Well, perhaps we'll get a chance to work together again," Nomi said as she breathed in the cool air outside the cave, stars winking down on them from above. "And give my regards to your wife."[break][break]
It wasn't until much later that Nomi realized had never mentioned anything about having a wife.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,996 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Cross-Eyed Strangers [M]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 6:32:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: