part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fear and Hatred [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 5:08:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEAR AND HATRED

MISSION

“AMONG OTHER THINGS,” he says with a passive disinterest, “yes.

he blinks. once. before leading the conversation in the same direction it always goes. navidson today. stone yesterday. who else, tomorrow?

but i will entertain your point, navidson. if not me, then who?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,478 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Fear and Hatred [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 5:25:56 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Doesn’t matter who.” Navy says at once. “The point isn’t that someone else could do it better. Point is your branding sucks.” Navy will never like this man. He will never enjoy the ironclad certainty with which this man, who has had to be a council of one through Hoenn’s tumultuous history, speaks.[break][break]
But he has been told too much to deny there are things he can do which others can not. That is what the mind tells him. The trouble, as always, lies in the heart.[break][break]
I know probably one one-hundredth of what you know about the shit Hoenn’s going through, and that’s generous. It’s enough to know we need your mind. Hoenn’s the people who live here. We’re still at war. If we lose them to Rocket, everything’s for nothing.”[break][break]
Ruminating, he considers who he would follow. Who would make someone good to put in front of the cameras. He remembers Rayquaza’s descent in a whipping whirl of green wind. He remembers a Salamence scorching the beasts that would ruin them all. He remembers how that made him feel.[break][break]
I wouldn’t replace you, but I’d put or in front of a camera long before I would your grim mug.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,940 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fear and Hatred [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 5:37:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEAR AND HATRED

MISSION

“INTERESTING.”

fernando inhales his words with a contemplative hm. such critiques do little to disarm his own stance. for it is not him who is under judgement and review.

who is already stretched so thin that she exhibit patterns of burnout. or , who abandoned her post as council member for years because she could not steam roll through team rocket by promising hawkish victory.

an eyebrow raises but it settles on its own.

tell me navidson, should a meteor threaten to crush this region, what would it take for you to quit the league and join team rocket in their endeavors to sell out our continued existence for material gain?

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,478 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Fear and Hatred [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 6:06:29 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

There was only one price he could think of, and it comes at once.[break][break]
They’d have to be able to bring the dead back to life.” He admits, only to scoff. “But there wouldn’t be much point, considering they’re the one who put the kid there. Plus, we’d all just die again anyway.” That’s only half the story.[break][break]
There’s a guy who probably would’ve in me, once. I’ve starved before. They pay well.” He says this with certainty he hopes the man doesn’t dwell on. “But the guy who would do that died in Dewford while all of you fought for the seal stone.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,940 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fear and Hatred [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 7:02:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEAR AND HATRED

MISSION

“THEN IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO SELLS YOU YOUR LIES,” is his truth. “i would those who sit our ranks to be given the honesty of their position rather than sold lies by councilmen and gym leaders who do not last til the end of the year.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,478 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Fear and Hatred [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 7:44:03 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Then tell them the truth!” His voice is raised before he can contain it. “Tell them what they’re in for! Not me! The kids who volunteer to help us and then run around like torchic with their heads cut off! Put out a statement. Double down! Don’t quietly tell the truth behind closed doors and then let people believe what they want!” He says, even as some rational part of his brain tells him people will believe what they wish to believe either way.[break][break]
Or turn ‘em away! Or anything! How many more kids does Rocket have to kill? How many kids are you planning to kill? That was a child you almost killed when you collapsed that tomb!

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,940 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fear and Hatred [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 7:52:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEAR AND HATRED

MISSION

“WE HAVE,” is his stalwart position on the matter. “those who sign up for the league know what they are in for, implicit or not.

in the face of exasperation, fernando only doubles down. no amount of emotion can rouse him from his taciturn reply. michael is not even the most compelling of those who have cried in these halls.

like the primal rifts, many refuse the league’s warnings on the off-chance they can acquire these new ultra beast pokemon. there is a point where our hands our tied.

he hums a ‘hmph’ of defiance.

or perhaps you should redouble your efforts in clearing the battlefield of these individuals who despite not belonging there so desperately crave to be on the front lines.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,478 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Fear and Hatred [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 8:09:04 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

I am, councilman.” The gym leader snarls. “And it’s probably winning me even less friends than you have.” He himself knows that Silph has the right of it. People sneak past him into the Ultra Deep Sea all the time. Navy, who is supposed to be the guardian of the place, the frontline of defense against the dangers of the place, and the lead investigator all rolled into one. A more rational mind would see eye to eye, build a bridge of understanding if not friendship, but he is beyond that now.[break][break]
Every starry-eyed kid I send away from my gym crying’s one less person we’ll see on the battlefield.” There will be exceptions. Navy very much doubts is going to stay away. But for every Vanilla, there’s ten that finally understand the truth of Hoenn beaten into him by the likes of and .[break][break]
I promise you this, too: I’m not goin’ anywhere. The revolving door you call the gym circuit isn’t gonna crush me.” As much as he wishes he could. Take Tsubaki, try and convince Eris, and just leave. But he can’t. Not while duty and ghosts chain him.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,940 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fear and Hatred [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 8:13:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEAR AND HATRED

MISSION

“EXCEPTION NEWS THEN,” he says with a half crooked smile. “i’ll have you lead it so we can reallocate resources toward needs that actually matter, such as preventing the ruination of this region and by extension this universe.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,478 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Fear and Hatred [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 8:23:03 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

His hand is a fist against his knee. This man insults everything he stands for. He sneers at him. It would be so easy to raise that fist and…[break][break]
…prove he’s the thug from Slateport his dad always told him he was. And trust me, Michael, I can hit harder than you. He hears his father’s ghost say from some burning corner of his mind.[break][break]
That’s not the sort of animal Navy is.[break][break]
…saving the universe is pointless if we can’t save the people who live in it.” He meets Fernando’s eye. He speaks with a warrior’s voice. “Or if we can’t defeat the monsters who live here.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,940 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fear and Hatred [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 8:45:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEAR AND HATRED

MISSION

“WELL, THEN,” fernando inhales, the only break he’s taken so far before committing to his words. there’s almost a second of hesitance behind them. but he knows better. fernando silph does not mince words.

feel free to turn around and tell everyone who has worked so hard to keep this region upright that they should give up and resign to an obedient death.

for their efforts are pointless, no? after all, many brave trainers have fallen in the line of duty. i am sure many will agree with you: if we cannot save everyone then we should not save anyone.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,478 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Fear and Hatred [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 9:04:09 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

…heh.” He smiles, despite himself. Despite the anger, despite the hatred.[break][break]
I’m not saying anyone’s death was pointless…I was saying sure, Silph. Sure. You save the universe, I’ll save the people in it. I’ll be blunt: from everything I knew ‘bout you before today, I didn’t think I’d like you. I still don’t. But if you’re so sure you can save the world, save it. I’m gonna honor the memory of everyone who’s died by doing my part.”[break][break]
Gunmetal eyes are on Silph. Sacrifice is written across his face. It’s written in the dead eye hidden behind the lid.[break][break]
I told Young this, too. I’m just a guy with an Urshifu and his fists. I don’t have the brain to invent pokeballs. But I can fight. So I will. Just like you will.” That, alone, he feels they have in common.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,940 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fear and Hatred [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 9:15:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEAR AND HATRED

MISSION

IT TAKES CONCENTRATED EFFORT NOT TO ROLL HIS EYES. but somehow, he manages. at the very least, this ramble doesn’t feel too wasted, if only to be repeated once more when the second or third michael navidson comes to replace this one.

we have and will continue to do so, as is the league’s purpose.

he spares a glance at his watch.

if you’ve sated your need to cry about how someone did not die, which no one else has brought up, we can let you go with your first assignment, savior navidson.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,478 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Fear and Hatred [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 9:45:11 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

I’d do more than cry if— He cuts the intrusive thought off.[break][break]
What can I say, rumor mill told me you’re the best free therapy in the League.” If he can’t punch him, he can hit Fernando in other ways.[break][break]
He has to bite back the urge to add “dick”.[break][break]
Instead, Navy leans back in his chair. Tsubaki is alive. Nothing the council of one has done has changed that. He’ll just have to be more careful in the future.[break][break]
First assignment, huh?” He frames it as a question, letting the man take the lead.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,940 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fear and Hatred [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 16:58:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEAR AND HATRED

MISSION

“TELL THEM THE TRUTH.”

like leading a mudsdale to water, the conversation ends with one lapping away at crumbs. experience has taught fernando many things. one of them is that the truth michael wishes to shepherd is perpendicular to the one he refuses to face.

hoenn is a region fraught with twists and turns. none of it makes sense to someone who refuses to abide by what lies in front of their very eyes.

that partaking in war fronts and high operations have an inherent risk of danger. as we delve into situations that threaten doomsday at our doorstep, not all will make it through.

i hope your voice will prove louder than the copious amounts of warnings we reiterated year after year, incident after incident.

he says so with a condescension that overshadows the slimmer of optimism in his voice.

perhaps you can convince to resign and move abroad, to the safety of a region not burdened by strife.

his hand turns before settling into his other.

but i think you will find your efforts just as pointless as your use of my time today.