Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
RKS: BARNABY & CILLIAN #1
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 4:38:46 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]science event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TINKERING 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You enter a messy workshop. Various material, tools, and machinery surround you all and a workbench. On the workbench is a broken PokeGear. It does not bear the Silph symbol; instead, it bears an odd logo instead:[break][break]

[break][break]

What do you do?

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Find materials to fix it.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Destroy it and the workshop.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 4:45:08 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

DESTROY IT AND THE WORKSHOP
[break]

"See the symbol, Cillian?" Barnaby gestured to the PokéGear, specifically the odd, multi-hexagonal logo that replaced the usual Silph Co. moniker on the front cover. He was sure the underboss would recognize it.[break][break]

"I don't like this..." The entire workshop was unsettling. What was the purpose of it? Was the DRK Triad trying to infiltrate their technology markets? What else was being created here?[break][break]

"I say we torch the place."

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]
[break]
TOTAL RKS POINTS: 50 pts

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 4:59:53 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I see it," Cillian affirms, grim.[break][break]

It's not the first time.[break][break]

Like the admin, the Rocket underboss feels unsettled by the Triad's mark on this place. It feels dangerous to delve into this place... yet he will go anywhere in Rocket's name, even if he now yearned for the freedom of a memory.[break][break]

He smirks, though, at the call to violence.[break][break]

"Say less."[break][break]

He could use a little destruction to vent his emotions.[break][break]

DESTROY IT AND THE WORKSHOP
[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 5:03:26 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]science event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TINKERING 1-B

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Together, you all destroy the workshop. Eventually, you even tear down the metal plating the walls to reveal that you are encased in a large glass tank surrounded by a vast audience. Their faces are swathed in darkness, rendering their identities wholly undecipherable.[break][break]

Suddenly, they erupt in applause. The clapping crescendos into the next shift.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Cover your ears until the shift.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Break the glass and retaliate.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 5:09:39 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

As predicted, it's cathartic to take out his pent-up grief and aggression on his surroundings, even if they are simulated. It feels real enough, and that's what counts. He's breathless as he drags at metal plates, eyes gleaming.[break][break]

His good mood falters before their faceless audience.[break][break]

"What the fuck."[break][break]

Still riding the high of rage, he doesn't entertain any option beyond putting his fist right through the glass. And then, simulation willing, through the formless 'face' of their applauding onlookers.[break][break]

BREAK THE GLASS AND RETALIATE
[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 1:24:02 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

BREAK THE GLASS AND RETALIATE
[break]

This was like some crazy jump scare from a B-list horror movie. As the walls came down, it was revealed that the two ROCKETs had been contained within a glass room and spied on by... who? [break][break]

Barnaby had to remind himself that this was a simulation, meant to show him some view of past or future events. Still, it didn't keep him from grimacing at the applauding audience.[break][break]

And didn't stop Cillian from trying to retaliate, though his punch would never find a satisfying connection onto the shadowed face of one of their observers.[break][break]

The world started to shift just as shattered pieces of glass tinkled to the floor.

[break]
TOTAL RKS POINTS: 50 pts

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 1:33:50 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]ditto event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WHACK-A-DITTO 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourselves in a child's toy room, but it is more akin to that of a wonderful emporium. Large alphabet blocks, train sets, SUBSTITUTE plushies and SNORLAX cushions surround and tower above you.[break][break]

There are no exits. However, there is a plaque that reads: "find the Ditto and you will be granted escape."

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Start hitting everything.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Exercise a strategic approach.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 2:11:57 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Wealthy as his family had been, Cillian's room hadn't resembled anything close to this palace of childhood wonder. Instead, it had been filled with books and some sporting equipment.[break][break]

Though less immediately threatening than a crowd of faceless onlookers, the underboss is nevertheless perturbed by this place. He glances around the room as if expecting the dolls to come to life and attack them. However, nothing moves. Yet.[break][break]

He frowns at the sign.[break][break]

"It's got to be one of the dolls, yeah? Usually there's some kind of tell..."[break][break]

They could start trashing the place as they'd done with the workshop, but Cillian's still winded from their earlier destruction. His hand drips blood onto a puzzle-patterned carpet, staining its bright surfaces with drops of crimson.[break][break]

He starts to search among the dolls, grabbing a plush child's blanket to bind around his injuries.

EXERCISE A STRATEGIC APPROACH
[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 2:31:19 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

EXERCISE A STRATEGIC APPROACH
[break]

The realm shifted, bringing them to a child's playroom. The space was crammed full of plush toys and other odd markers of youthful entertainment. Why would this sort of place manifest within the simulation?[break][break]

"Reminds me of when your Ditto went off the rails..." Barnaby still had a scar on his right ass cheek after that little incident. The thought brought an amused smile to his face, though it hadn't felt that funny back then.[break][break]

"Let's split up. I'll take this half of the room and if you see something odd, call out." A systematic approach was best. It was better to be thorough and rule out objects as they went, rather than wildly attacking without a plan.[break][break]

[break]
TOTAL RKS POINTS: 100 pts

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 2:31:37 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]ditto event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WHACK-A-DITTO 1-B

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Searching this way takes some time. However, there is less destruction. Less chaos. Eventually, you find the DITTO that had been masquerading as one of many toys in the room.[break][break]

You hear a human voice emanating from the DITTO'S MOUTH: "how fascinating! when given the opportunity for aggression catharsis, the subjects decide to proceed meticulously and thoughtfully."[break][break]

A never-before-seen door materializes on the other side of the room.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Leave through the door.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Three.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 2:38:57 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A strangled noise caught between revulsion and surprise catches in Cillian's throat as he takes a step back from the 'Ditto'. Shock quickly turns to anger, his eyes narrowing.[break][break]

"Already busted my hand up, thanks."[break][break]

Nothing in this place seemed to last long enough for true catharsis. Like sand in an hourglass, their time drains away, and with it the colours of the room. It becomes harder to focus on the finer details of the room, as if his vision were a camera lens going out of focus.[break][break]

"This is making me ill," Cillian gripes, as he steps through the blurring door.[break][break]

[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 3:16:19 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

LEAVE THROUGH THE DOOR
[break]

Barnaby was starting to pick up on a theme here.[break][break]

They were being watched. Studied, even. It made him feel less-than in a way he hadn't in a very long time.[break][break]

"...Let's get the hell out of here." [break][break]

seemed to have no issue with this, not that they had much choice. The simulation around them was already beginning to melt and shift to their next instance. [break][break]

The admin walked toward the door, but as soon as he touched the handle they were whisked elsewhere.

[break]
TOTAL RKS POINTS: 100 pts

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 3:16:37 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]arceus event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]1000 HANDS 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourselves on an advanced space ship. Around you stars and space debris sprawl out in incredible kaleidoscopic vistas. Upon investigation, the ship's notes and instruments seem to be seeking the "ascended hall of origin".[break][break]

Eventually, your out of world experience is interrupted by a violent rocking of your vessel and blaring alarms. A large hand-like being crushes a part of your ship as if in search of you and your friends.[break][break]

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Fight back.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Let one of you be taken.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 3:47:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian groans as he finds himself on the deck of a now-familiar ship.[break][break]

"I died here, last time. There's gonna be a hand-"[break][break]

On cue, the hand of Arceus takes hold of their vessel with the sound of groaning metal and blaring alarms. He knew from prior experience that fighting would get them nowhere good. He doubts Barnaby would like to know how it feels to suffocate.[break][break]

"I'm going to try something stupid," he says firmly, and steps toward the grasping hand.[break][break]

"If this kills me," he calls back to Barnaby, as it reaches for him, "you'll have to let me know what happens once we're out."[break][break]

Fingers of white and gold constrict around him.[break][break]

LET ONE OF YOU BE TAKEN
[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 19:34:35 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

LET ONE OF YOU BE TAKEN
[break]

The jarring differences between each simulation was something Barnaby was still getting used to. From workshop, to playroom, to spaceship — his mind worked to piece together the significance of each of these instances. [break][break]

And what the outcomes of their choices meant.[break][break]

Apparently had been here before — and died here, too. Perhaps this time would be different?[break][break]

He let himself be taken by the godhand, leaving Barnaby to watch with mild concern.[break][break]

"Understood." Barnaby agreed as Cillian floated away, leaving him alone on a semi-functional spaceship.[break][break]

He looked over at the control panel and its hundreds of buttons.[break][break]

How the hell do you fly this thing?

[break]
TOTAL RKS POINTS: 200 pts