awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
simmer
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 19:50:50 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
sweat licks her skin. the heat is oppressive, in the air especially, and lyune has to fly close to the ground as they approach the site. league personnel scramble about the area, calling out orders. civilians are shepherded away, promised that the league has this under wraps. 

but she's recognized and sent to join a team of others to contain the burning wildfire.

murktide's tail is coiled around her midsection. she holds the base of him for support as powerful blasts of hydro pump sweep over the ground. out of the corner of her eye, she spots a familiar face, and is reminded of his sweet message from her amigo.

"funny we're running into each other on the battlefield again," she calls over the roar of flame and water. 
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
simmer
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 1:21:52 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner arrived on the scene moments before Freya did, his own Salamence descending as low as possible among the trees. The immense heat was incredible. He fought the protective urge to turn his face away from the conflagration. Instead, he reached for a Pokéball and released his Wailord.[break][break]

The massive Pokémon rose in a slow and graceful flight through the burning forest. Branches snapped against her bulk, cracking like lightning.[break][break]

"Viviane, take care of this, please," Gunner called up from Bruin's back.[break][break]

The Wailord bellowed and unleashed a torrential HYDRO PUMP upon the wildfire.[break][break]

Gunner caught the sound of Freya's voice over the roar of fire and water, and raised a hand in greeting. "Based on what I know of you, I don't mind at all," Gunner said as he drew near. "You're quite formidable. I'd hate for you to be my enemy."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Wildfire (SS)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
simmer
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 4:12:03 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
a shadow passes overhead. the wailord is a welcome sight. torrents of water sweep over them, making quick work of their section of the forest. murktide's back fin flutters and freya smiles. she's a prideful thing and doesn't appreciate being shown up. 

"dampen the outer ring. we'll adjust," freya says. she shifts, eyes narrowing with annoyance, and snatches humidity from the newly drenched air. it coalesces, blooms into storm clouds, and patters back down from her rain dance

"oh? i'd think i'm more known for setting fires than putting them out," she jests. it's no secret her approach to battles and combat. gunner had borne witness to it during their dive into the ultra deep sea. 

"i'm well, by the way. sorry about not replying on the app. i forget it exists."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
simmer
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 22:09:13 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner caught the joke in Freya's words and laughed. "That's what I mean," he said, the warm smile a contrast to their current predicament. "It's why I'd rather have you on my side."[break][break]

A tree snapped to their right. Gunner's Salamence veered away with ease, dodging the thick trunk eaten by fire. The air filled with a tremendous crash as towering giants toppled and fell.[break][break]

"Viviane!" the blonde man called to the whale above them. "Keep it up!"[break][break]

A WATER SPOUT followed the Wailord's initial cascade of water, drenching everyone and everything in the immediate vicinity. Gunner shivered in his soaked uniform — a good sign.[break][break]

He turned back to Freya. "Don't worry about it. I'm sure you have better things to do than waste time swiping. I'm just glad to see you fully recovered. You took some hard hits back there."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
simmer
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 2:45:43 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
in most respects, she had recovered in full. in those that mattered, at least. freya has never quite considered herself vain - though she wouldn't lie and claim genetics hadn't been kind to her - but her ruined patch of blotchy, shiny skin on her shoulder is an eyesore she can't bear to look at. 

his mention of it ghosts a phantom pain over her and she shivers. jostled, murktide's concentration wavers, and the rain comes down lighter. but with a bubbly snort and a toss of her head, she settles back down. 

"it means more than you know to hear that," she admits. "to be honest with you, i don't have much more to do. but that's a whole can of worms."

she pushes some wet strands of hair out of her eyes. "were you there until the end?"
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
simmer
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 2:00:04 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner's expression turned grim at her question. Though months had passed since the Battle of Dewford Town, he still remembered the events of those adrenaline-filled hours as if they had occurred yesterday.[break][break]

Battles in interdream mist. Midair combat on the backs of Dragon Pokémon. The mysterious creature who attacked Team Rocket in front of him and in the middle of the night.[break][break]

The radio announcement that Rocket agents had obtained the Seal Stone.[break][break]

"Yeah. I didn't get home until early morning, like three or four o'clock," Gunner said to Freya with a sigh. "We were still trying to put out fires in Dewford, get civilians the medical help they needed, stuff like that."[break][break]

He glanced sidelong at her as the cool water from Viviane's WATER SPOUT pitter-pattered against his face.[break][break]

"What about you?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
simmer
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 2:41:27 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"yeah." her response is distant. she doesn't really recall the hour. the days that bled into one long, endless night. the deep sea and its dream mist warps the mind. it stretches and pulls and looking at it now is like looking through murky water. she'd been drunk on pain and loss of blood too. 

"i don't know actually. i ran into by dewford. she helped stitch me up." she swallows. "i lost a couple of dragons.

"it was hard after that, hearing that we lost."
she tilts her head back. rain drips down her cheeks, resting in droplets on her lashes. 

"but there'll be another battle," she says with a breathless laugh. "always is." her gaze slides to him. "and we'll just have to win that one."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
simmer
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 2:23:36 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner's eyebrows rose into his forehead at the mention of , though it should not have surprised him. He recalled her presence at the battle, not only as a Head Professor but as a representative of the medical corps of Hoenn's army.[break][break]

"I'm glad it was Dr. Morales who helped you," he said. His encounters with the professor had always been positive. "She seems like a really good person. Dependable and strong-willed."[break][break]

A coolness began to settle over the forest as the inferno succumbed to the continuous efforts of their Water Pokémon. The transition mimicked the solemnity that settled on Gunner's shoulders as Freya lamented their loss at Dewford Town.[break][break]

"We will. We have to win," he said, frowning now, voice firm and resolute.[break][break]

Then he turned to Freya. "If you ever want to train together — either our Pokémon or ourselves — feel free to reach out to me."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
simmer
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 16:47:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"she's the best person i know," freya says with a nod. envy is still a hateful little wyrm in her heart, but it's a shadow of freya's other feelings for the woman. admiration, devotion, and something else that's lingered since her return from galar. 

she turns her face away, gazing out at the trees. the burnt trucks shine with water. glowing embers whistle under the dampened earth. everywhere are murmuring sizzles and pops, the drip-drop of never-ending rain. 

murktide sprays the occasional bush as they go by, ensuring no stray embers can cause anything to catch again. 

"i'll have to take you up on that. my dragons need a challenge." her sentiment is warm. she means every bit of it. 

the volunteer groups are being called back now. there are enough rangers on the scene to continue monitoring the situation. freya gives murktide an appreciate brush on the cheek and returns the kingdra to its ball. 
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
simmer
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 18:30:04 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner did not know Eva in the same way Freya did, but he smiled nonetheless at her glowing admiration. If there were any words he could believe to be true, it was that Eva was the best of them all.[break][break]

"I'm usually in Ever Grande City, at the HBIC headquarters," he said to Freya. His grin contained a hint of sheepishness as he added, "I'm a workaholic, so I'm there more than I am at home."[break][break]

With the inferno subdued and reduced to crackling embers, Gunner recalled his Wailord into a Pokéball. With the heel of his shoe, he urged Bruin to turn toward the open field beyond the forest.[break][break]

But before they departed, he cast a final glance over his shoulder at Freya.[break][break]

"Stay safe out there. I'll see you later."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
simmer
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 5:36:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: