Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Mesprited Away [M]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 12:47:50 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Navy’s Dewford beach house is much, much more comfortable than the office he practically lived out of back when he was a private detective in Slateport. There’s room to kick your legs out, for one. The view is to die for, even if the sounds from the ocean are strange upon these dark sands.[break][break]
Straddling a chair and sitting in it backwards, he looks at and speaks with a matter of fact tone.[break][break]
So, you’ve been hiding a legendary Pokemon from the League.” Navy stands in the middle of a forest path. The road diverges into a thousand different responses. He laughs. “Good job! That takes guts! They’re so desperate for legendaries they don’t know what to do, and you’ve had Mesprit this whole time.”[break][break]
Suddenly, he has a headache. Murky memories of another life return. Clutching his head, he tries to tell himself that he is Navy once more. Lord Navidson and the life he led are gone. Done. That part of his life is over, that battle is won. He watched this girl grow. Somewhere along the way, he swears he saw some hint of this spirit.[break][break]
You’re lucky I’m good at doctoring tapes. So, I’ve got a lot of questions. First one is, how’d you two meet?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Mesprited Away [M]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 4:47:19 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Where makes himself comfortable on a chair, Eris finds even a fleeting sense of joy just leaning against any window sills and taking in the view.[break][break]

"It's stressful." She meets his laughter with truth, clean cut as the weary look she shoots him. "If anything, I'm pretty sure the League is winning in the whole legendary arsenal aspect. Not such much the strategies."[break][break]

Glossy fur runs right over her palms, a Luxray gently pressing his head into her chest with a low rumble. And she'll hug him back, taking in a long, deep breath then sighing. Navy's the one that controls their fate here, hers and the bond she shares with that little pink pixie that has busied themselves with whizzing all about the room.[break][break]

"In my garden back in Mossdeep. That was the first time we met." Her answer is bare minimal, her eyes slowly drifting from Reiner's coat to the whimsical ways of Mesprit up above. "Is that really important to you?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Mesprited Away [M]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 9:54:52 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

It’s just my nature to try and get to the bottom of things.” He remarks. “I’ve been a detective for most of my adult life. Old habits die hard.” Navy’s voice is soft, only a trace of his normal playfulness.[break][break]
Look, I’m not gonna turn you into the League, if that’s what you’re worried about. It’s not my business, and Arceus knows you don’t need me to tell you why you shouldn’t trust them. I just wanna know what’s going on.”[break][break]
He looks between Eris and her Pokemon. She’s always so nervous. Thanks to Josh forcing his hand, making him aware of a certain incident and making it prudent to look up info on this girl, he understands why.[break][break]
I wanna help you, Eris.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Mesprited Away [M]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 10:23:44 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I don't think helping usually starts with interrogation." He speaks his mind and in turn, she should speak hers. It's not that she dismisses his concern with ease, but rather that she fears just how easily he goes along with all of it, how readily he offers help when she hasn't asked.[break][break]

"The more important things are what Mesprit wants and what I plan to do with them, isn't it? Whether I'm gonna be a bad person and do bad things or whatever?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Mesprited Away [M]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 10:36:54 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

I don’t think you’re a bad person.” He states bluntly. Maybe it’s silly to say that with his chest, but he truly believes that with all his heart. “Not that I’d be one to judge if you were.” He gets out of the chair and goes to the window, looks out across the waves. How odd that the League rewarded him with this post after living on the sidelines his whole life.[break][break]
…back in the day, before Gabe died, I did a bit of work with Rocket on the side. Nothing major, I just smuggled some stuff for them. Hated myself for that after Sootopolis.” He knows that must seem a random thing to say, so he quickly adds, “I know a secret about you. It’s only fair you know one about me.”[break][break]
He looks to wherever Mesprit seems to be, whether that be in her backpack or somewhere else. What a curious thing, to tote around a Pokemon of legend. He doesn’t know how Eris, Kyle, or the rest do it – bearing that responsibility isn’t exactly something he wants.[break][break]
What does Mesprit want? If you don’t mind me asking.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Mesprited Away [M]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 11:08:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"You? Working wit-"[break][break]

Well, when she can actually imagine it if she stops to imagine. Judging by what she'd seen of him and what she assumes must have been fragments of his inner sanctum, it'd probably be insulting to assume he couldn't get his hands dirty.[break][break]

"You did it because you needed to survive. You didn't end up trying to kill people that you care for though." She mutters. If he's already this certain of what she's like, then he must also have seen what she's done - The attached reports of Melody being attacked or something. Heaven knows what's been written into the logs about her.[break][break]

"As for them..." Tracking Mesprit's flight path isn't all that hard, as long as she pinpoints any areas of interest within the room. Book pages might ruffle rather quickly, cups levitated off surfaces and turned upside down for the pixie's discerning gaze, pictures are briefly touched upon as they take the faces in.[break][break]

"I don't know what they want exactly. They do whatever they want. Mess with me, interact with others they deem trustworthy or something. All I know is that something is wrong with one of them. Azelf's been missing and I..." A light swallow, her fingers start to fidget with Reiner's mane. "I keep getting that feeling that we're running out of time."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Mesprited Away [M]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 11:42:34 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

…me too.” Maybe it’s wrong, admitting that to her. You’re supposed to put on a brave face for the youngsters, tell them that they’re worrying too much. Navy doesn’t believe that, not after what Callan told him. The hour grows late and it’s getting later still.[break][break]
Young told me about Mirage Island. I’m gonna assume you were there, too. You have a habit of being in the thick of things. It sounds like we’re in for a bad time unless we can stop what you all saw from coming to pass. Same with the constellations in Galar.” How odd that the only person who seems to listen to him sometimes are the young. Most of the other adults are too caught up in the sway of their own lives until it’s too late.[break][break]
Mmm…do you think finding Azelf would help?” It’s a simple question, a cursory opening salvo. Navy watches Mesprit float around and observe the pictures. There’s some of a younger Navy and his brother. There’s some of , even one of with and their dog kennel. They stand to lose much if the DRK Triad has their way.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Mesprited Away [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 3:04:39 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Young... Ah, he must be talking about . And Mirage ISland must refer to the time they all dived into whirlpools and came back all messed up.[break][break]

"Yeah... I nearly got deleted." She admits, shifting just a little so she can afford to slide down against the wall and sit on the ground. And as she does so, Reiner follows suit, making little adjustments until he can afford to comfortably lie down beside her and stretch out. "I need to know things, Navy. I can't... fight like other people do, and I can't win real battles. But if I know enough, maybe I can stay one step ahead."[break][break]

Maybe that'll be enough, though she isn't really certain if Navy would understand where she comes from.[break][break]

"I don't know. It's... not entirely about whether Azelf can or will help us... Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Legendaries do as they wish, if it benefits them." She glances towards him, trying to glean his thoughts from any expressions. That much should be clear to him, right?[break][break]

"I just don't want them to die. Then I'll... I'll figure out something from there."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Mesprited Away [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 6:12:51 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

You’re hitting the nail on the head ‘bout why all this avatar crap makes me apprehensive.” It’s time for another divertissement, another opening of his heart to her. They’re past the point of secrets – he by choice, her by force, thanks to Josh.[break][break]
I knew Lopez before Big Bird made him its avatar. He’d probably say it didn’t change him. I disagree. He used to be more laid-back. Still kinda is, but nowhere near as much as he once was. Thomas, Thomas Benoit, wants Yveltel back. Same with Illeana Reyes and Palkia. Their eyes, Eris…it’s like they got a hit of a good drug and now they have to keep going – all the while, the legendary’s just using them.”[break][break]
He looks to Mesprit apologetically.[break][break]
No offense, of course. I’m sure you’re great. But there are plenty out there who aren’t. But,” he returns his attention to Eris, pacing. He does his best thinking when he paces. “if you want to find Azelf, I can try to help – without telling the League, by the way. I’m not about to piss off your friend by infringing on his neutrality. Seems to me like if he wanted to throw his lot in with the League, he would’ve done so already.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Mesprited Away [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 6:47:00 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Avatar? Oh... I guess. Used to think about it. Not much now though. Got lotsa other things to be worried about, like getting stabbed by all kinds of people." She's well enough to give it a little laugh, or perhaps, it's just her trucking through to try and rid herself of that growing fear. "The avatar bond is kind like... well... I would guess it's something like, so and so decide that they have the same views as this legendary. And the said legendary kinda thinks, they ain't that bad to use. There's the whole you gain powers and stuff, but you're also kinda bound to them now."[break][break]

Legendaries did not need avatars, but people did. They needed to claim that power to realise their aspirations.[break][break]

"Mesprit's just been watching me. What I do, what I choose. They save me when I need help but most times, Reiner and I find ways to get around stuff." Hell, the duo had fought their way together through a fictitious Galar and the end of the world. "Either way... they've never once given me a hint on where to start looking."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Mesprited Away [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 9:25:59 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

All that to say you’re not an avatar.” Navy sounds relieved. The way some people chase these powers they do not understand unnerves him. To see one so young trade the chains of Rocket or the League for that of a god does not sit right with him.[break][break]
Probably for the best. You sure know a lot about ‘em, though…” He sounds impressed, stroking his chin. “You sure weren’t lying when you said you need to know things. Happen to know some winning lottery numbers, too?” He knows the joke doesn’t land before he even enunciates the last synonym.[break][break]
…nevermind.” He’s at the window again, watching the waves. Thinking. “What kind of a client wants help finding someone and then doesn’t tell you anything? Alright, Little Miss Scholar, tell me this: what do you know about Mesprit and their friends? Can’t say I know much about ‘em. What’s their story? Is it as insane as Groudon and Kyogre making Hoenn while they dueled?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Mesprited Away [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 9:50:38 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]No, she is indeed not an avatar. But would she consider being one if offered the chance? That remains to be seen and she won't go placing the burden of worry on anytime soon.[break][break]

"I don't think I'm allowed to buy lottery tickets." Instead she deflects, raising a brow as he turns away. "What I know about them..."[break][break]

A pause allows her time to pull her backpack over, reaching in and taking out a leatherbound journal before carefully flicking through the pages.[break][break]

"Emotions, knowledge and willpower. There's some old tales that they taught humans about those traits, or about them being able to placate other legendaries... There's also this little passage that warns you about them. Look into Uxie's eyes and you lose your memories, touch Mesprit and you lose your emotions, harm Azelf and you'll be immobilised for life."[break][break]

And as she says this, the pixie flutters over, cheekily taking her hand and holding it tight as they chirp with glee.[break][break]

"Yeah, you sure have taken my emotions once. Wasn't very nice of you. Even gave me brain bubbles that could've killed me."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Mesprited Away [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 12:40:08 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

She pulls out a book and tells him a story. It’s not a long story, not a particularly novel story, but it’s a story all the same. Emotions, knowledge, willpower. Heart, mind, soul. When framed that way, the sheriff feels some kinship with Mesprit. Voicing that is to pop open a certain box, allow that topic to color how the thing views him forevermore. The thought dies in his head. Instead, he focuses on the journal.[break][break]
He wonders what other stories are in that book. Is there mention of the two wolf heroes of Galar? What of its ancient high king? Once more, he is under a churning purple sky. Stars, younger than Hoenn’s firmament, dance above him. They tell stories recorded by those from a distant land.[break][break]
This doesn’t sound like any Hoenn legend I’ve ever heard of. You think maybe they’re from one of the other regions? Could be from Johto, they go in for mystic stuff over there.” Already the tracks in his mind turn. Already he tries to offer her solutions, working from nothing to drive her towards his conclusion. Anything to busy himself. Anything to chase away the shadows of death and loss that hang over him.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Mesprited Away [M]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 1:56:43 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Sinnoh."[break][break]

She could thank her mom, and for teaching her about it. She notes the way that he looks towards her journal and instinctively hugs it closer, pulling up her knees as if that would help cover it up from his line of sight.[break][break]

"I've wanted to go and investigate, but I'm not allowed to go by myself."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Mesprited Away [M]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 2:21:44 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Sinnoh.” He repeats after her. He’s never been. Heard it’s terribly cold. If it would make her happy, if it would give him something to focus on…[break][break]
I’ll make you a deal. If you help me look for the heroes that were at the tomb and the king from the visions, I’ll go to Sinnoh and see what I can dig up. I was gonna go to Galar anyway with once things settled down a little. I could go to Sinnoh first.”[break][break]
In his mind, it’s fairer that way. It’s not charity. It’s friends helping each other out.[break][break]
I have something I wanna say to the two heroes.

[break][break]