Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
EXTRACTION: NAVY & KYLE [HEART GOLD]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 8:41:52 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]league - ultra deep sea
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]EXTRACTION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: PREPARATION

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]After surviving a journey to the deepest extremities of Ultra Deep Sea, you find yourselves in a chamber with a glowing, magenta organ pulsing in its center. It's a gargantuan core that continuously emits energy. Terrifyingly, the radiation it spreads seemingly distorts space and time around it.[break][break]

Around you, Poison Tera Crystals, minerals imbued with Dynamax Energy, and more exist for you to mine, harvest, and gather.[break][break]

To overcome the energy's paranoia or hallucinogenic effects, designate someone who will take the brunt of the core's radiation.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Designate one character.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Take the brunt equally.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#b35ab3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 8:45:38 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

An army shambles towards them. If these creatures care that they shamble towards Hoenn’s top champion and its premier champ in the making, they don’t let it show. Navy’s Pokemon are hard at work defending them. Vortigern tears apart monsters. Here, the black dragon can run free. He is no legendary, but he is mighty. A magenta organ pulses, inviting them closer. The only thing that steadies Navy and keeps him sane is Kyle.[break][break]
Kyle is his friend. Kyle is someone who’s seen him through some of the worst days of his life. Together, they can do anything. This is a burden they have to share. For either of them to wholly take it upon themselves is to do the other a disservice. There’s no time for discussion. There’s no point to debate. Navy offers his hand to Kyle for a shake as they approach the organ. The show will soon start, and they’ll have to fight together.[break][break]
Ready, partner?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 1:17:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he blinks at the offer of the handshake, then takes it.

"ready, partner."

kyle already has a sygna suit while navy was still in the process of ordering his, as well as other stressful parts of procuring one, such as payments, scheduling, design, and a lot more. it was probably safer for him to take the brunt of the damage but where was the fun in that?

the pact has been made.

"can you carry me when we do fight these pokemon?" he asks. "i don't think smeargle looks cool when he does that."

people have done it before them, and events have already been described to them one way or another. after all, no matter his reservations, the higher ups still hold kyle with importance and had others scout before letting the champion deep in ultra deep sea.

during the last time kyle had been here, the self-preservation the champion always observed wasn't, well, observed.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 1:58:29 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: COMFORTING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]As materials are mined and gathered, the designated trainer(s) will begin to experience heightened anxiety and fear. The walls around you are slightly translucent. They are fleshy and pink, pulsing with energy ever so often. Through them, you can view the great starry fields of space.[break][break]

Threats may begin to encroach upon this chamber. Nihilego, Poipole, Naganadel, and mutated Pokemon who have found themselves unluckily teleported here.[break][break]

The heightened mental anguish may also take a toll, requiring healing or barriers against assaults of the mind. However, there is limited time to mine. What will you do?

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Focus on heals/defense.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Focus on mining.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 1:58:57 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Sure.” A stoic nod accompanies the words. “And I’ll tell everyone you whipped out Entei and stole the show when they ask. Hell, I’ll say Big Bird himself came down from on high. That’ll make for a good story.”[break][break]
The pact is sealed. Eternatus’s magenta organ pulses, its eyes turned upon them. They must both bear the brunt of this together. Navy wonders just how much easier this would be if his sygna suit had been delivered already.[break][break
Oh well, there’s always tomorrow. Always another fight. Nihilego begin to swim in, an army of the things. Two men against an army…Navy likes those odds.[break][break]
Smeargle might not look cool, but knowing you, it’s got some smart moves.” Navy chucks out a pair of Pokemon: Shuwen and Flora. A powerful fist and a gentle healing touch.[break][break]
It messes me up that so many of you guys have bears like Shuwen and you don’t use ‘em.” Whatever the Urshifu’s opinion on that is, he keeps it to himself. Instead, he paces along a defensive line he’s drawn in his head. Flora throws up a light screen to defend them from what’s coming.[break][break]
Looking down at his hands, he realizes that he is once more wearing the clothes he wore in Galar. They’re under that poisoned sky. Skeletal figures whisper their names.[break][break]
I feel like the rest of you guys. I’m getting’ used to this.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 2:41:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"please don't. they'll see me as competent and assign me the more dangerous jobs."

while he'd rather do solo jobs, it was never going to be possible. the next best thing was to appear capable enough, but not too much, that he can request his entourage rather than the office assigning them for him.

the pokemon of choice makes it possible, in a way that navy probably questions a lot.

"i use mine," he tells navy. "he helps with chores in the house, carrying stuff and training with noah's pokemon. he even has a nickname, ike."

with the sygna suit active, there was no need to order his pokemon what to do. the connection between them is established with their bond, and a swish of the smeargle's tail enacts what kyle would have done in the scenario.

roar of time slows down their advances, giving time to set up their defenses and for the urshifu to strike.

"i could take the spotlight if i start doing that," he mentions, pertaining to his usage of mid-tier mons such as mightyena over entei, urshifu and naganadel. "isn't it always better to build other people's confidence after they see themselves doing something cool?"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 3:27:28 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

The hell’re you talkin’ about, man?!” Navy has to stifle a sound halfway between awe and laughter. Kyle’s smeargle, considered by all rights a mediocre Pokemon, just unleashed the roar of a god – one of the gods, even. Dialga is brother to Eternatus, the same beast in which they now mine for ore.[break][break]
Anyone who’d call your Smeargle mid needs to get their eyes checked. That said, Shuwen needs a sparring partner.” Maybe it’s a testament to their strength that they can talk like this while surrounded by a horde of horrors. Maybe it’s simple madness. Maybe they’re both far more in their element than one of them would care to admit.[break][break]
Bring out yours sometime. I wanna see him crowned king of Urshifu.” It’s a silly dream, stupid when he says it out loud. Shuwen scoffs as he bursts forward, his rapid fists far outpacing the slowed Nihilego and Naganadel. Falling back to the battle line, Navy glances behind at the Pokemon mining. They’re not making as much progress as they would if they focused solely on it, but they’re having fun.[break][break]
The league will get their share. They sent in the Top Champion and the hotshot new gym leader running the circuit, after all.[break][break]
You think this stuff’ll make a difference? In the war with Rocket?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 2:17:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you should have him try against kazimir's," he responds. "you know, the previous elite four member. i think his urshifu's the most involved out of the rest i've seen."

it's a subtle way to dodge a responsibility, but it was in no way an avoidance from navy himself.

to double down on slowing the advances down, the smeargle releases a cold blizzard towards the ultra beasts, glaciate covering their bodies with frost and ice. it wasn't as impressive as it would've been had it been the actual thing, but the sygna suit helps.

"war with rocket? hell, no," he answers without reservation. "by the time league develops something from this, we'll get a turncoat relaying information over to rocket anyways. well, i guess that works both ways nowadays. loyalty means little with these people."

the last sentence was supposed to be left in his thoughts, but it found its way to his lips nevertheless.

"on the other hand, it might be useful for the next supernatural event that would happen in this forsaken region."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 8:22:40 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: CONDEMNING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Eventually, the Eternatus core expels enough energy to cause the designated trainers experience extreme distress and fright. At first, they may point out things, Pokemon, or people that do not exist; however, over time, their hallucinations begin to manifest into reality.[break][break]

The Poison Tera Crystals glow bright as all manner of terrible things appear, drawn from the conscious of those affected by the Eternatus core. Eventually, these manifested figures will expire, disintegrating into nothing but residual Dynamax Energy.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Battle a fusion Pokemon.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Battle a manifested trauma/memory.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 8:23:08 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Yeah, we are gonna need all the help we can get.” Navy muses. Shuwen’s fists haven’t stopped moving since they started. They’re powerful enough to destroy Nihilegos’ outer shells. The creatures shriek, falling down, writhing. They cry out. Navy pays their death rattles no mind.[break][break]
Nobody’s loyal to anything these days…you’re right about that.” Shuwen punches. Navy walks just behind him. He’s not afraid, not anymore. Fear has no place on the battlefield. Maybe he just doesn’t want to show fear before this creature. Eternatus is his enemy. He’s decided on that. He’ll fight this skeletal dragon and its agents wherever they appear.[break][break]
Part of me wonders just what the League and all of Rocket’s agents could accomplish if we worked together…probably just a pipe dream. Plenty of those guys are assholes.” Says one League asshole to another.[break][break]
While Shuwen punches and the Smeargle paints, something steps out of the fog. Navy looks at it and feels his jaw hit the floor. It’s a fusion of two Pokemon – Entei and Suicune. The body of the former, the head crest and color of the latter.[break][break]
Damn but if that thing isn’t beautiful. Y’know…dunno if I ever told you, but Suicune’s probably the one I would’ve picked in your shoes.” Navy admits, not that he has any special attachment to any of them.[break][break]
Look how pretty that coat is.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 3:39:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"even if they weren't terrorists, i'm sure they'll still be prioritizing themselves. i'm sure there are people who hide things they know just so they'll be the first to face a legendary pokemon, or something silly like that."

the league has a lot of those, and it wouldn't surprise kyle if rocket had more.

a new challenger faces them, looking more formidable than the abominations they've been facing while they take resources out of this hell hole. it's more familiar than the rest, and kyle oddly takes a liking to it.

"it would've been more practical if suicune had been there instead of entei. most of my favorite pokemon are already weak to ground-types so fire doesn't help much."

to talk casually in the face of imminent danger wasn't unheard of. it's the way they cope in these situations, but it doesn't discount the way they're going to approach this challenge.

the pokemon of choice makes it possible, in a way that navy probably questions a lot.

"but entei's my boy." he adjusts a cap that was a part of his sygna suit, sharing the hype with his pokemon. "you would choose entei too if he was yours."

a swipe of its tail tears a small scar in space, rendering a portion of the area in front of them impassable for the abomination. it attempts to power through the spatial rend, but the tear holds long enough for navy's pokemon to get a clean hit in before it slowly closes up again.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 4:12:47 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

…heh. ‘Course I would. Doesn’t matter who’s the strongest. It matters who has your back.” The abomination cries out in protest, trying to cross the spatial rift to no avail. Smeargle is a frightening Pokemon. Navy decides he’s going to try and grab himself one before it’s all said and done. Maybe he’ll get his own collection of insane moves going.[break][break]
Men have to make decisions with their hearts, not their minds.” He says from a privileged position. No one on the council can afford to think like that. “Shuwen! Show ‘em what I mean!” Holding up his wristwatch, Shuwen is enveloped in white light, emerging from it in his mega evolved form.[break][break]
Only…he’s taller. Much taller. This close to the organs, this legendary bear’s true power awakens – if only for a few scarce moments. Looking down at the abomination treading upon this domain, the King of Fighters roars out a battle cry.[break][break]
ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”[break][break]
His fists of fury smash across the rend made by the Smeargle. They smash through space and time itself. They bash this monster into next week.[break][break]
Arceus…” Navy swears as the bear keeps punching.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 2:59:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
while the urshifu was dealing with the problem and its trainer was stunned at the show his own pokemon gave him, kyle makes his way to the objective and starts stuffing their bags with loosened shards and crystals.

"let me know when you're done," he casually calls out as he fills bag after bag with resources. "actually, do you want to switch? urshifu can probably carry more of these than smeargle can."

it meant that they won't need to do more return trips, which meant more work, which meant less time to actually do the things he wants to do.

kyle drops a bag full of these crystals by navy's feet as he takes position behind the urshifu. he feels himself sync with the smeargle with the next move that comes out of the pokemon's tail tip.

as soon as the barrage from the urshifu finishes, glaciate freezes the abomination all over. whether the damage dealt was enough or not was undetermined, but the important part was that they're free.

"my heart tells me i want to go home and shuwen over there can make our lives easier. please."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 5:33:32 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: CONTROLLING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]The mental anguish rises to unbearable levels. As the Eternatus core whirs, the fleshy walls begin to swarm with pink eye-like shapes. Still, through these translucent barriers, you catch a glimpse of a nearby planet. One that looks suspiciously like the one you all live in—except that a large portion of it seems covered in land.[break][break]

You must escape with your gathered material. Your ally or allies may be incapacitated by the paranoia settling in their psyches, or perhaps, the eldritch mutations beginning to metamorphose their body or bodies.[break][break]

Depending on how much your characters have mined, you may need to lessen your extracted load to ensure successful escape from this wretched place. After all, the horrors that reside here may make chase.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Lessen the load and escape.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Escape with your full load.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 5:40:14 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Shuwen and Navy both let out a soft ‘pfft’ as they regard Kyle. Hearing the Champ’s words, the bear gives one final cry and smashes his fist into the frozen monster. It shatters into a thousand pieces, leaving their way forward clear. Slinging the pack offered by Kyle across his shoulders, the bear starts walking out of the chamber.[break][break]
You’re one lazy guy, Lopez. Anyone ever toldja that?” He looks back at the pulsing organ. He remembers the conversation he had with Matias. What would happen if something truly powerful struck one of these organs? Would it collapse this place? Would it do anything at all?[break][break]
Who can say, and it’s not a mystery they’d find out today.[break][break]
Today, they leave. On their way back, a few strands of ore go missing. Hard not to let some slip free when there’s a whole army of ultra beasts that seems hellbent on destroying them. The duo manage, and they’re home before they know it.[break][break]
One of these days, I’m gonna get you to showboat with me. I know you’ve got it in you.

[break][break]