snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
casualty of your dreams
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 5:11:55 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she brings him back to the beginning... and, in a way, the end.

a fitting way to showcase all she has done, perhaps, and what little she has to show for it.

her head turns as he approaches, a small smile spreading after a moment.

"hey, right on time."

behind her, a trio of unown watch him with unblinking stares. occasionally, they chitter in odd, broken sounds.

"are you ready? a distortion is beginning up ahead... we'll have about fifteen minutes before it disappears."

she has planned this, mapped it out to the seconds.

and she knows, deep down, this will end in the same way it always has: a string of failures trailing behind her.

he promised to help, however, and she needs as much assistance as possible at this point.

turning away from him, she begins to lead them toward the distortion, toward the roaring wind and distant sound of thunder.

"the last time i was here, it was the only mild success i had found with these experiments."

a thoughtful hum follows.

"i don't believe i can re-create it to show you, but it's possible."

surviving space-time.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
casualty of your dreams
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 8:53:30 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

He resolves to give her his best.[break][break]
Landing at their designated meeting spot atop Old Ironsides, a Skarmory far too old for what his trainer puts him through, Navy dismounts. A long scarf trails behind him, a mingled red/orange thing with a sync stone knitted into the fabric. The rest of his outfit is much as it was before, save his jacket is now long-sleeved and a deeper blue.[break][break]
Dr. Reyes.” He says with a resolute smile. “It’s a pleasure. I’ve brought the best team I have with me today.” It really is an all-star line-up. Most of them will stay in their ball for now. This is a test as much as it is a battle. A trial by fire for him and the Pokemon he has chosen as his true partner.[break][break]
Ironsides is recalled in a flash of red. In his place, Navy pulls out a black and yellow pokeball. Inside slumbers a black dragon. It seems to stir from how the Pokeball rumbles. Oh how fear has gripped him with this ball in his hand before. That fear is absent. Trainer and dragon practically share a heartbeat while bound by the sync stone.[break][break]
Guess I’m lucky that the League likes me. I put in for a sygna suit and my requisition request got approved.’ Out comes the black dragon, the biggest Garchomp most people have ever seen. The emotions felt by the dragon almost sweep him off his feet. He’s calm for now, although the scent of other Pokemon in the air threatens to agitate Vortigern.[break][break]
Meet Vortigern, Dr. Reyes. He’ll be disposing of anything stupid enough to attack us.” Cracking his knuckles, he turns towards the rift and walks forward with a confident stride.[break][break]
Let’s go get you your lead.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
casualty of your dreams
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 16:42:30 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]his best team... perhaps they will need it, in the end.

her smile holds strong in the face of the unknown.

"congratulations on the sygna suit, navy. it is well deserved."

she has no doubt, really, of his skill. after all, his willingness to help and investigate speaks volumes to the head scientist. she is certain the league has a similar mindset to she, surprisingly.

her head dips in acknowledgment to his dragon. behind her, the trio of unown chitter through what seems to be a stuttering greeting.

"come, then... it is not much farther."

she does not wait for approval before beginning to lead them through the rocky terrain. thunder rolls lazily overhead. she can hear the bells within each low rumble. a warning or a greeting, however, is not discernible at this time.

at first, there is nothing...

and it starts with a crack of lightning, a flash of purple, and the raising of chaotic walls. her hair whips into a frenzy behind her, a makeshift cape for a spatial queen.

the look in her eyes, then, is wild when they turn to him.

"ready?"

edges of the distortion paint her in different hues of pinks and purples but one thing is clear: she transforms into another thing entirely.

surviving space-time.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
casualty of your dreams
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 0:28:18 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

How unnerving these things would be to the man he had once been. Unown stare at him – mysteries personified. It’s in their name. The detective in him wants to ask about them. The warrior he has become nods under their gaze. Let them look. Let them judge. They will not find him wanting.[break][break]
In him beats the heart of a dragon. A dragon does not back away from a challenge.[break][break]
Oh, Professor Reyes, I could get used to this!” The road ahead is hard. As they walk it, basking in the protection offered by technology and infinity energy, it is soon caked with bodies. Many are tossed aside, knocked unconscious as a sign of respect to . The woman he loves loved in another lifetime has a soft heart. He tries to be merciful. There are some things that simply refuse mercy.[break][break]
Damn, these things are big.” A Gallade skids into their path, twice as tall as a human. His arms seem to come to life, resonating with psychic energy. Like many Gallades before him, he is lost in the elegance of his own swords dance. Navy simply looks at the exposed throat of their latest victim. Vortigern clenches. Gallade is tossed aside.[break][break]
What happens when we get there? Smeargle gonna do his thing?

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
casualty of your dreams
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 19:15:27 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her grin is almost biting.

"there's more where that came from, unfortunately."

her unowns all chitter in an odd unison, one sound flowing into the next. and while they are wonderous, curious creatures, they cannot help them here - not yet, anyway.

she releases another pokemon into the fray without hesitation. a golurk rises to tower above them, discolored clay painted purple in the distortion's light. it's familiar enough to soften her eyes.

and the automaton, with little care, begins to clear a pathway for the scientist and navy to follow. she ignores the pained yelps of crazed pokemon as they're knocked away by large, swinging arms.

concern has no place here.

there is a duty, a purpose, and she will be unwavering steel until it is done.

"we need to get to the edges of the distortion by any means necessary."

at the edges of the world, of the galaxy, magic happens.

while her eyes do not turn away from the path ahead, her unowns do. they slowly rotate to face navy, eyes unblinking as they stare.

"understood?"

surviving space-time.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
casualty of your dreams
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 10:36:54 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

How unnerving these things would be to the man he had once been. Unown stare at him – mysteries personified. It’s in their name. The detective in him wants to ask about them. The warrior he has become nods under their gaze. Let them look. Let them judge. They will not find him wanting.[break][break]
In him beats the heart of a dragon. A dragon does not back away from a challenge.[break][break]
Oh, Professor Reyes, I could get used to this!” The road ahead is hard. As they walk it, basking in the protection offered by technology and infinity energy, it is soon caked with bodies. Many are tossed aside, knocked unconscious as a sign of respect to . The woman he loves loved in another lifetime has a soft heart. He tries to be merciful. There are some things that simply refuse mercy.[break][break]
Damn, these things are big.” A Gallade skids into their path, twice as tall as a human. His arms seem to come to life, resonating with psychic energy. Like many Gallades before him, he is lost in the elegance of his own swords dance. Navy simply looks at the exposed throat of their latest victim. Vortigern clenches. Gallade is tossed aside.[break][break]
What happens when we get there? Smeargle gonna do his thing?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
casualty of your dreams
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 1:19:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she allows him, his pokemon, and her golurk to carve out a path - bodies dropping like flies against solid ground not enough to deter the scientist from her path.

and as he takes care of the front, her unown observe their backs. unblinking stares observe as the once active pokemon exist in a state of unconsciousness before they fade out of this field. back to where they came from, perhaps.

"not quite."

faintly, there's a coy smile rising to her lips. it lingers as they reach their destination.

"we'll start with my first experiment and go down the list."

two unown first, then three.

with the last obstacle falling into dirt, she steps forward to greet the distortion's edge as one would an old friend. she is comfortable here, familiar even. it feels more like home than some places in hoenn ever did, perhaps.

"ready?"

she does not wait for his response. instead, her golurk and two of the three unown step forward. a moment later, z-move: never-ending nightmare and two sets of hidden power collide in the same spot against the wall. curiously, a pink cyclone-like energy emerges to repair the damaged wall. it fades as quickly as it comes and all that stares back at them is the distortion's wall.

surviving space-time.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
casualty of your dreams
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 20:39:23 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Yes, ma’am.” He returns the coy smile with one of his own, like they’re sharing some private joke. He’s not in on the joke, but he reckons he’ll understand where she’s going with this soon enough. As the battles subside, he takes solace in the silence. It stills his heart, brings order and humanity back to his soul.[break][break]
Vortigern feels it, too. It makes him content to pace in his odd, lumbering manner. Doubtless he’ll rush into danger at the first sign of trouble, but for now he simply watches. Golurk’s an interesting choice for her partner Pokemon. He doesn’t know Illeana, but he thinks it suits her.[break][break]
He’ll have to ask about that later. For now, he stands guard. Dumb muscle, watching someone with a functioning brain attempt an experiment. Gasping, he takes a half-step forward at the clash of energy. A moment later, he realizes that all is in order. Nothing seems to emerge to fight them, nor does trouble seem to be forthcoming.[break][break]
So…that good or bad? That it seems like we’re still alone?” Palkia’s not there, and that seems answer enough for now. More experiments are sure to follow.[break][break]
Vortigern huffs impatiently, only for Navy to chide him through the sync stone.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
casualty of your dreams
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 22:15:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a hum is his only response for a moment as she motions for her unowns to step back and regroup. the letters chitter idly, more foreboding hymns than simple existence.

and when her head turns toward him, there is no failure written into the expression - only understanding.

"neither good or bad, i suppose."

a smile spreads. it roots itself into her cheeks.

"gods do not come among us without reason so i highly doubt one would have appeared just now, but this course of experimenting has resulted in better understanding of both the distortions and the dome hoenn had previously been surrounded by."

the unown have moved. they float around her head now, unblinking as they stare at navy.

"the distortions have been caused by something - or, well, someone, perhaps - in the same way the dome had been. another experiment in a different location showed glimpses of other universes against both the dome and these very distortion walls."

but attacking them has always proved futile. to expect otherwise is to spell out the demise of dreams.

"yet, we still have not come to understand what's behind these distortions. not fully, anyway."

her eyes drift back to the walls, to where the pink energy had come and gone.

"perhaps one day, we will."

surviving space-time.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
casualty of your dreams
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 23:03:46 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Hmm.” He thinks. A rare notion, but it happens. Musing on what she says, he stares out at the edge of this distorted reality. On any other day, he imagines something banal would be on the other side. Maybe a storefront here in the outskirts of Slateport. Maybe just empty air.[break][break]
Today, it feels like anything, in all the worlds, could be on the other side. Turning his attention on the woman, he looks at the Unown which unerringly stare. His eyes move downcast towards her. They’re playing with fire – all of them.[break][break]
"Think it's our ole pals the dark triad? Pulling the strings, I mean. Doing all this." He asks the question so casually. No one can keep a secret in Hoenn. While he speaks the words, he ruminates on what she said.[break][break] Gods do not come among us without good reason.[break][break]
She is absolutely correct. He is but a humble man of low birth. A gutter rat who chews his way up the rope. Perhaps it’s good that nothing showed up.[break][break]
The thought was given too soon.[break][break]
A backlash from the wall blasts Navy, knocking him back before Vortigern or Illeana’s Pokemon can intervene. He’s knocked ten feet back, his launch only interrupted by a wall. If he was in his street clothes, Navy imagines he would have broken a few ribs. As it is, he stands up…[break][break]
…and another man looks at Illeana. The features are mostly the same. Dark blue hair faded to brown, a quirk of his family once they hit their 30’s. His hair, once styled by gel, now falls flat about his face. Lines are there where they weren’t before.[break][break]
His eyes are the same battered gunmetal. Nothing about them has changed. Whatever happened here may have took kindling from the fire of his life, but it did not stamp it out.[break][break]
I’m fine.” He says in a voice aged like rum in a barrel. “Wanna have Smeargle pop out and do his thing before we head back?”[break][break]
If he knows anything is wrong, he doesn’t let it show.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
casualty of your dreams
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 3:57:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]while it'd be easy to blame everything on the drk triad, she knows deep down that it's more complicated than meets the eye. there's intricacies they can't possibly understand yet - moving pieces kept hidden in the dark until just the right moment.

"no, not all of it."

there's other forces at work... ones that aren't aligned with the creator, ones that oppose it.

"they might be the puppeteers behind it all, but this is the work of something else."

she'll find out months later just how it all clicks together but for now, she is left in the shadows of mystery a while longer.

and as the distortion's wall reacts, it launches navy backwards before she can intervene. he lands and rises a different man - aged in a way she's only seen in reports. her eyes focus on him as if he's a new puzzle she's trying to solve right then and there.

"um..."

does she say anything? does she leave it?

"it'd likely be pointless to continue - nothing new will occur."

besides...

"let's go back to the lab instead. i'd like to make sure you're definitely okay if that's alright."

she gives him an out all the same.

surviving space-time.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights