fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
moving on
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 2:06:03 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gideon-wrap"]
[attr="class","gideon-main"]
[attr="class","gideon-words"]

was living proof that you could teach an old POOCHYENA new tricks. Though he'd never used a dating app in the past to foster prior relationships, his brother really pushed him toward this digital avenue. Something about helping him move past a certain ex-florist.[break][break]

seemed like a lovely man, despite their limited textual communication up until this point. They had quite a bit in common, too, based on what he'd read on the man's AmiGo profile. Gideon was looking forward to taking him out and exploring whatever potential chemistry there was between them.[break][break]

To this end, he'd opted to bring his date to The Halstead Galley, located only a few blocks from the Natural History Museum. The building's architecture was Neoclassical — grand and ornate — with a large central atrium currently housing a stroll garden (something that Gideon thought Kaname would uniquely enjoy).[break][break]

[break]

Having already gone through introductions, the pair found themselves appreciating a few pieces of artwork near the entrance to the gallery. Styled in the same vein as John J. Audubon's prints, the gilded frames housed paintings with avian Pokémon species surrounded by floral accents.[break][break]

"What do you think?" Gideon posed the question to , his umber gaze intently trained on the HOOTHOOT painting. "I'm quite fond of this artist myself. I like the more stylized approach they take to drawing the Pokémon versus the more realistic flora."[break][break]

[attr="class","gideon-notes"]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap b] color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
moving on
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 3:00:03 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kaname’s experience with dating apps had been rather hit or miss as of late. The majority of the men weren’t bad dates; they were either people he didn’t connect with or people who wanted to connect in other ways, which was completely fine. However, Kaname was looking for something with a little more substance and someone a little more aligned with his interests.[break][break]

It had been a pleasant surprise to find out that had swiped on him and there was a mutual interest. After a few rounds of texting, Kaname found himself intrigued by the museum director and accepted his invitation for a date. He was eager to meet Gideon and see how things would go; whether this would blossom into a new relationship or rot on the vine.[break][break]

The venue for their date tonight was an interesting one. The Halstead Gallery was an excellent choice for their first meeting, based on what Kaname had read about it online. The building itself was gorgeous inside and out, and he could hardly wait to admire the art within or stroll through the garden.[break][break]

He stood with Gideon, admiring the artwork before them. “I think they’re gorgeous, truly. I can’t quite place why the style of the paintings feels familiar, but I’m fond of it.” He paused to gesture at the painting of the Pikipeks. “I think the artist did an excellent job, the juxtaposition of the realistic flowers and stylized pokemon gives it, its own unique flare.”[break][break]

[attr="class","kaname"][break]

NOTES

+Mission: Sleepless in Slateport

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
moving on
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 1:43:56 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

As spoke, Gideon found that his attention slipped from the paintings and onto the other man's slim face. [break][break]

Much like the artwork around them, he admired every supple curve and angular line, finding his date to be even more attractive than what the AmiGo photos had portrayed. (Definitely twink material, with twunk absolutely being out of the question.)[break][break]

"They do have a certain nostalgia about them, don't they?" Reminiscent of an older age of exploration, where Pokémon species were being discovered and named by the dozens.[break][break]

Once they'd had their fill of appreciating the paintings in this wing, Gideon suggested a slight change of pace.[break][break]

"Shall we head to the atrium?" He asked, looking down to meet Kaname's eye.[break][break]

"Admittedly, I chose this particular gallery because I thought you'd enjoy a walk through the garden."

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
moving on
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 1:34:26 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kaname continued to admire the paintings, unaware that he was the subject of the other man’s studying. “It is nostalgic, it reminds of the birdwatching books I had when I was young.” He said, turning his attention to Gideon. “Did your interest in photography start when you were young? Admittedly, I was not a very good birdwatcher… Never had the patience for it.”[break][break]

“Of course.” He murmured in reply, busy committing to memory the color of the other man’s eyes; eyes that reminded of honey dripping from the comb. They were eyes he could one day find himself lost in. [break][break]

“Well, let me be the first to tell you that you’ve made an outstanding choice.” A slight smile had crept up on Kaname’s face, a little hint that Gideon was doing a good job of endearing himself to the Rocket. “I didn’t mention this on my profile, but I do like flowers and even bonsai- not that I’m good at growing trees or flowers, mind you. I just enjoy them.”

[attr="class","kaname"][break]

NOTES

+Mission: Sleepless in Slateport

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
moving on
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 23:34:08 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

With Kaname's assent, Gideon led the pair away from this wing of the gallery and toward their new destination, conversing all the while.[break][break]

"Not photography, but birdwatching, yes, actually." The professor remarked in pleasant surprise before elaborating, "It's one of my first passions that steered me toward a career in the biological sciences."[break][break]

He still remembered when he'd found Poppy, his PIDGEOT (then PIDGEY), injured and knocked from her nest. How jealous had been that his older brother had gotten a Pokémon first.[break][break]

"I'm glad you approve." The words almost hummed inside his throat, pleased as he was to hear his date enjoyed their outing so far. He hoped to continue the trend.[break][break]

Rounding a corner, the two men were soon greeted by dappled sunlight streaming through paneled glass above. The transition between gallery and garden was nearly seamless; through double doors, one of which Gideon held open for , an entirely new world awaited them.[break][break]

As opposed to all the pieces they'd just left behind, now it was time for the pair to appreciate a more organic type of artwork, crafted by nature itself. Myriad plant species lined curated, gravel pathways, most of which culminated at the center of the atrium where a sizable bridge spanned a small stream.[break][break]

"I'm the same way, for better or worse. I've killed my fair share of house plants before." Gideon's object permanence wasn't the best. He'd get wrapped up in some project or another and forget that there were other living things depending on his care. [break][break]

It was a bad habit that, unconsciously, extended to more than just plant life.[break][break]

"But I enjoy going to places like this."

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
moving on
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 1:41:38 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD INCOMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: