TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
gleam [s/funtasia] ♡¸.•'
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2023 19:38:21 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","desikiss"]
[attr="class","body"]

Approaching a small, dainty stand selling balloons in the shape of pokemon, Desiree would be quick to point at the one shaped like a Skitty, looking down at the little kitten sleeping in a basket held up by her arm. Though Meowmeow was eepy in every way possible, it would surely be a lovely surprise when she broke out of her slumber- but she was so tired from all the walking from their apartment to the festival grounds, even if it was only about a three-minute journey downwards. A couple of pokedollars exchanged on the table and put into the register, the two would embark further into the streets turned fairgrounds after tying it to the handle of the cloud-shaped basket.[break][break]

This would be day two of participating in the perusal of the Magnificent Funtasia for the pinkette, sun rays gleaming down from above with each step she would take out from the shade. The first day was a date with Callan, which proved to be fun in every way possible- but she wanted to get more and more stamps to net the grand prize, selfish, she knew. Lighting up one of her fruity-flavored cigarettes and taking a drag, she'd scan the area and its wandering faces to see if anyone stood out that she may have known. But she was still quite the foreigner in these parts; she'd only acquainted with a dozen or so, outside of amigo.[break][break]

Walking under the ever-expanding treehouses that spanned above the festival, a white-haired individual would catch her eye. It was none other than the gym leader of her new home city, Alexei, and she had been itching to arrange a meetup with him ever since her move-in. "Hey~! You're Alexei Ivanov, right?" A smile would manifest upon her cigarette-holding lips, extending a hand out in an attempted greeting. "..I've been meaning to speak with you since I moved to Fortree a month ago, I'm Desiree, a pleasure to meet you! ♡"

[break][break]

NOTES

- PROMPT FULFILLED: buy a balloon pokemon ♡¸.•'

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".desikiss"]--accent:#ff9ebe;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
gleam [s/funtasia] ♡¸.•'
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 21:12:56 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Okay, so maybe he wasn’t so hot with that… Magikarp Fishing mini-game booth over there…

How many paper nets had he ruined just trying to catch one?! Well, he knew that if was there watching him, the other would’ve literally schooled him in the art of winning things from said carnival.

(As he personally maintained: all of the booths offering prizes were a fucking sham! Honestly! They were rigged so bad!)

So now here he was, wandering around (surprisingly, without his boyfriend beside him because well, the other was most likely trying to prove him wrong that the booths weren’t rigged and all that) alone, and had spotted what he thought were balloons—

Aw, none of them looked like Phione. But one of them looked suspiciously like a Wooloo…

Before he could even approach the seller and buy a balloon off of them, he saw a literal explosion of pink, and—

“Oh, hello!” he began, waving with one hand and shaking the other. “Wait, aren’t you the—”

Count on his memory to utterly fail him right then and there. However, he was more than certain she was one of the musicians on the rise in the region, that was certain!

prompt: reference a magikarp fishing game.

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
✧ do i know what's real? ✧
awards
600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
gleam [s/funtasia] ♡¸.•'
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 21:56:47 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Shaking the gym leader's hand with a bubbling over demeanor of sunshine, Desiree's golden optics would widen when his sentence would break, taking on that old nostalgic habit she had established with her sisters when they were young. That thing where you'd finish people's sentences when they'd seemingly have their thought process cut off due to internal or external factors; she wouldn't really think at the moment before she talked as it was more of an instant reaction.[break][break]

".. Electric daisy princess? ♡" she'd ask and nod before almost barreling over in laughter, following suit in her own joke. Appearing shameless in her ways, though primarily laughing at the ironic notes in it all, Desiree wasn't above laughing at her own humor! She'd hoped that he'd not find it anything other than comedic at that moment- her intentions were pure, even if her joke could read as narcissistic rather than ironic.[break][break]

Slinging the basket upon her arm after removing the Skitty, she'd hold the sleepy kitty up in the direction of Alexei. "Mhm, I just wanted to commend you for running a pokemon sanctuary~! ♡ My mother recommended Fortree to be the place I move to because of it, she runs a treatment facility in Kalos." The groggy kitty would stretch in her arms and wake up, wiggling her little arms once she noticed a stranger. More pets were always something the lil' kitty wanted![break][break]

A Tauros would run by a neighboring gate, the exterior of the Taurus Rodeo Game appearing much closer than expected. Taking a hit of her cigarette, the kitten pokemon giving ample efforts to stand secure on Desiree's shoulder, she would smile as she removed it from her lips. "Be my plus one on the merry-go-round ♡?" She'd ask, turning to look up at the rotating gargantuan wheel.

[break][break]

NOTES

- PROMPT FULFILLED: involve or reference a Tauros Rodeo Game.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".desikiss b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
gleam [s/funtasia] ♡¸.•'
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 10:59:49 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Count on his words failing him at that exact moment—what was that interjection the Galarians loved spamming… oh, right. ‘Bloody hell’!

(Not that he’d ever hear saying it but then again, hearing him actually saying it would be hilarious!)

“I am so sorry my mind just decided to clock out of the building!” he continued, embarrassment coloring his face as he remembered. “You see, uh…”

He looked around.

“Give me a few minutes, let me just get that Wooloo balloon.”

One quick exchange later, he returned with aforementioned Wooloo balloon trailing behind him. It was at this point he remembered what he wanted to ask her.

“Oh, right! Do you… do you do autographs? I’ve been trying to cobble together a gift for… for someone and I wanted to surprise him with music stuff. Th-that is, if you don’t m-mind!”

Great, Alex… just great.

prompt: buy a balloon Pokémon.

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
gleam [s/funtasia] ♡¸.•'
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 22:27:47 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"No worries, alright~! ♡" She'd smile, placing down her Skitty and picking up the bedazzled phone incase from a lil' slot in her strawberry purse. Alexei seemed like.. the nervous and kinda socially awkward type, but she knew how to navigate such pure-hearted tendencies due to one of her three sisters. While she watched him buy that cute wooloo balloon in the fading away background, Desiree would focus on the turning ferris wheel with her phone camera, snapping a picture. A lil' unpaid promo for the magnificent funtasia wouldn't hurt a cutiefly.[break][break]

Adjusting her stance when the gym leader would reapproach after his exchange, she'd grin at how cute the balloon was, resisting the urge to poke at it with one of her sharp nails. "I do~! That's such a cute idea, who am I addressing it to?" The cigarette-smoking idol would ask curiously, letting the stick sit in between her lips as she'd rummage in her purse. Pulling out a heart-shaped idol photocard of herself, which once sat in a little bundled-up stack, she'd raise a pen to the paper, leaving a space for the lover's name.[break][break]

A little wish to experience that kind of love was fluttering through Desiree's mind, but this was Alexei's moment to shine. Hopefully, one day that love would come in, but for now, she knew she had to focus on herself and that end stage of her grieving process.

[break][break]

NOTES

- PROMPT: Share your Carnival experience on a social media of your choice under #Funtasia.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
gleam [s/funtasia] ♡¸.•'
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 18:54:49 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“One sec,” he went on as he then began rummaging through his jacket, trying to remember which pocket he put the recently-purchased CD in.

(Yes, even in this day and age where digital streaming was the norm, it didn’t hurt to release physical copies of an album, right? For the collectors?)

“Aha, found it,” he remarked as he pulled out a thin package—a disc featuring his current companion’s latest music release.

“You have… no idea how long I had to wait in line for this. I had to get the special edition, because it’s for my boyfriend’s birthday on the twenty-sixth—”

Okay, Alex, you’re rambling again!

“Can you make the dedication to Memo?” he continued; this hot blush rising on his face.

His gift to his boyfriend last year was that magical word, now he was hoping to at least top or make this year’s birthday better than the last.

(But then again, how could you top a birthday present where you agreed to be his partner for life?!)

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
gleam [s/funtasia] ♡¸.•'
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 8:57:19 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Raising her pink sharpie to the disc, she'd smiled as Alexei made it known just how long he'd had to wait for it in line, keying into his easily observable sentimental nature. "That's so sweet of you, I hope to find someone to do the same for me one day.~ ♡" Desiree would remark softly. Her ex-girlfriend only really got her disposable vapes, and even though they were generous, they would easily and quickly expire; but she didn't want to think of Oracelies again, it had been way too long since their split and she was the one to end it, after all.[break][break]

On the disc's butterfly-centric packaging, which was oh so familiar to her to the point where she hadn't gone hours without seeing such logos, she'd make out a little note addressed to 'Memo' before signing her name- it read 'Love flutters forever, Memo.' followed by her cutesy signature in the color of a rose. Slipping it back into the package and handing it to the gym leader, she'd replace the once full hands with her accompanying Skitty. Meowmeow was enthusiastic about her want to be held and pet, which her trainer would indulge on behalf of her.[break][break]

"Now, you owe me a ride on the merry-go-round~! ♡" Playfully joking along, she'd take a hit of her cigarette and begin walking toward the nearby attraction, curiosity met with her exhaled smoke from the cigarette. Before long she'd be getting on the stopped platform, leaning on the serpentine Milotic mount before hopping aboard.[break][break]

She'd wondered about just who this 'Memo' was, other than Alexei's boyfriend, of course. "So, how long have you and this Memo been together? ♡ I wonder if I've seen him around Fortree, but I don't recognize the name."

[break][break]

NOTES

- PROMPT FULFILLED: Ride the merry-go-round.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
gleam [s/funtasia] ♡¸.•'
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 6:19:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Look, getting you to sign the special edition is huge already, in and on itself,” he remarked once he quirked his eyebrows into a smile when he saw the signature on the disc cover.

(Which reminded him, he would have to go hunt down ’s latest thing, too. He could easily ask his friend to grab a signature for the stuff from no biggie…)

“In fact… how many rides do you want to try today? I can take you on any which one you want to ride, I’ll cover your tickets for today should you need any more,” he offered. He wasn’t joking, this was a for reals-thing!

“How long?” he hummed, another wistful look crossing his face.

“We’ve only been together like what, a year, but it feels like much longer. I dunno, that’s what love does to you,” he continued, unable to keep the dreamy expression off his face as he found an unoccupied Altaria near the Milotic, and off they went!

“Well, he prefers to keep things low-key, however he’s the Ranger captain for Fortree, so if that means anything to you then yeah. Just his luck to have a Gym Leader,” he broke off to snort at the next words, “for a partner.”

Not boyfriend; but partner. That much already spoke volumes between the two of them.

prompt: ride the merry-go-round

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
gleam [s/funtasia] ♡¸.•'
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 8:38:14 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Ooh, that's so sweet~! ♡ I'm down to go until we get tired or busy or something, I don't think I have anything planned for the rest of the day, so up to you!" She insisted, giving the Skitty in her arms a couple of cutesy pats on her head. It was becoming more and more habitual to stay out into the depths of the night with her newfound acquaintances- she was a bit of a pushover when people didn't want to call it, and with her album being released, now was the time to get all of that in. A mini-tour would be imminent, though she would be unwilling to go overseas until much later in the future. [break][break]

It would be especially appealing to keep going in Alexei's company, however, because he seemed just so wholesome; and his offer to cover the tickets was certainly something she wanted to take him up on. "That's so cool, I have a cousin who might know him~! Unless ranger stuff is more spread out, truthfully I have no idea how that kind of thing works." Her mind was on the music more than anything else, politically, historically, and overall Hoenn ignorant; not by choice, but due to a lack of exposure.[break][break]

Curiosity in her eyes, she'd flick the cigarette before placing it back in between her lips, meeting the gaze as the merry-go-round slowly rotated over and over, round and round. The flashing lights of some of the carnival games were quite alluring, painting the blur of the backdrop. "How is it for you, being a gym leader while also getting exposure to ranger stuff through your partner?♡ I'm sure it must be a lot at times~" She'd ask, fascinated.

[break][break]

NOTES

- !

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
gleam [s/funtasia] ♡¸.•'
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 21:18:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“What’s your cousin’s name, and where are they assigned? If they’re around here, most likely they’re one of the newer arrivals waiting for their training or something to start up,” he mused.

It was time to call a friend—in this case, a partner—he’d made a mental note to contact the Frog later and ask if there were any new arrivals or Ranger transferees to Fortree.

As the merry-go-round began to pick up in speed, it was certainly a miracle that he wasn’t getting dizzy or turning green. Maybe he was just really used to it.

“Well, there are days when there’s nothing but challengers dropping by left and right and wanting to have a go at the badge,” he chuckled. “Sometimes I don’t realize I’m booked through the evenings until I give the schedule a second look!”

As for Ranger-related things? Well…

“I actually drop by the Ranger outpost here with boxes of macarons from time to time. I bake on the side, when I’m not too busy taking challengers. And I have all the local Fortree Rangers taste the sweet treats I make.”

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
gleam [s/funtasia] ♡¸.•'
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 23:56:49 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"His name is , though I don't quite know where exactly he's assigned. He lives here in Fortree though~! ♡" Just like her relationship with her family that was now overseas, Desiree and her cousin had yet to really talk other than a coincidental run-in on the outskirts of the treehouse city. She wanted to get to catch up with him a bit more, but with the new album release and his newfound ranger activity, time just wasn't lining up like she wished it would be able to. [break][break]

Holding the Skitty in her hands up as if she were holding on with her tiny, extended paws, the pinkette's eyes would light up when Alexei would continue about being a Gym Leader and visiting the ranger outpost. Had she gone down a different path in her life, she would have probably ended up at that outpost bearing the mark of a ranger, but that had to be in a different timeline. It was exciting to live life vicariously through other's stories, however, and that feeling of excitement was definitely there.[break][break]

The Milotic bobbed up and down with the merry-go-round's movement before beginning to slow down, prompting the two to get off in the near future. "Well now I have two things to challenge you for, a badge and a baking contest~" She'd smile, moving herself to sit to where she'd be able to slide off when the ride hit its stop. "I've been baking in my free time recently too, it's been such a blessing moving to a city with so much fresh produce."[break][break]

When the ride had stopped spinning, Desiree would be quick to place her companion back in her balloon-tied basket. "Wanna hit one of the booths next? I wanna get Meowmeow another plushie to add to her collection! ♡"

[break][break]

NOTES

- owo

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
gleam [s/funtasia] ♡¸.•'
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 18:37:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

In no time flat, their spin on the merry-go-round had come to a close, and they were out on the fairgrounds once more.

“Oh, you’re into baking too? What’s your specialty?” he inquired, keen to know what she would be bringing along should they have a baking contest in the future. At the mention of the badge, though, he gave her another grin.

“You know where the find the Sanctuary, right? Just out near the city limits headed to Route 120. Ask around should you get lost, you’ll find it in no time flat.”

Now that they were headed towards the booths, he chuckled.

“You want to try that?” he asked, tilting his head in the direction of a booth that had a very large jar filled with jellybeans, that had a sign stating “guess the number of beans, win a prize!” stuck up behind it.

From the looks of things, nobody had managed to guess the right number so far?

And why did it have to be jellybeans?!

“I’ll guess if you are, too,” he cackled afterward.

prompt: participate in a “guess-how-many-there-is” contest

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
gleam [s/funtasia] ♡¸.•'
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 20:21:45 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"I made some cherry cupcakes the other day, but my favorite that I've made would have to be my rosemary focaccia~! ♡ Mm making it into a calzone was.. I'm just gonna have to drop some off at the sanctuary for you to try it!" Her enthusiasm was boundless, because damn did that bread taste good made into literally anything. Another thing she'd need to do added to that long list, and though she had some leftovers, she knew that Alexei needed to experience the full thing, fresh and glorious.[break][break]

Desiree would nod at the directions to the sanctuary; though she had yet to visit the peaceful paradise residing near her new home, she'd for sure passed it on her way out to the routes and beyond. Taking a long drag of her cigarette, the two would advance to one of those guess how many there are contests. She wasn't the biggest mathematical genius- the calculator was her number one prized possession when it came to finances, but even then, complex equations like the one she'd remembered being taught to determine things like this? Gone with the wind.[break][break]

"Yes, let's do it~!" She'd encourage Alexei's wish to guess- there was always no harm in at least guessing.[break][break]

Holding up her Skitty to let her get a good look at the jar of jelly beans and then back to meet her gaze, Desiree would smile and give her one of those playful goofy cheers. "How many do you think are in the jar, miss girl? ♡" She'd ask the Skitty, to which the feline would respond by holding out one of her paws, all claws extended. "Meowmeow thinks there are four jellybeans in that jar, but my guess is.. 285?" She'd tell the booth clerk, wondering just how lucky that guessed number would truly be.

[break][break]

NOTES

- owo

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
gleam [s/funtasia] ♡¸.•'
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 18:58:52 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The moment she mentioned that her Skitty also had a good guess of exactly four jellybeans, he couldn’t help but break out into laughter.

“Ohmygod what was that, even?” he said, mostly in the Skitty’s direction—to be fair, he had no idea if Pokémon could count but a guess was a guess!

Unfortunately, neither of them were right, so the burden of guessing fell to him.

“Hmm, let me see…” he continued as he peered around the sides of the jar… and then coming up with a completely random number on the spot.

“My hot take is that there’s what, six hundred ninety of these jellybeans in there? Give or take a few, considering,” he estimated—and if she was quick enough to notice the joke he’d slipped in there, get another laugh out of her.

The funny thing here was that he’d pulled that number out of his ass—and he was not expecting for the person in charge of the stall to stammer and sputter because…

“You… you, good sir, are actually correct!”

He blinked at that proclamation.

“Wait… what?”

W H A T?

prompt: win a carnival game

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
gleam [s/funtasia] ♡¸.•'
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 19:57:59 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Even if the guess of both herself and her pink feline were far from off, the joyous laughter of Alexei's was contagious; she'd continue to hold the Skitty upward and make her do a dance while he was guessing, and with his joke of a guess, Desiree would almost barrel over in laughter. "Ohmygod you got it~! ♡" She'd giggle with a mix of shock factor and delight, wishing that she'd guessed a four-twenty to meet his stretch of the sixty-nine.[break][break]

She felt for the person who had to individually count all six hundred and ninety jellybeans- that must have taken a whole lot longer than counting a mere four, but then again, that was the max the normal type would be able to guess at all with her paw! Attempting to give the Gym Leader a high five before he collected his prize, the smoke of her cigarette would flutter to where she wished their next stop would be.[break][break]

"Let's see if you can keep a winning streak up with the Dugtrio Ring Toss~! ♡ And don't worry miss thing, I'll win you a stuffie before you know it~" She'd bubbly exclaim to both Alexei and the Skitty in her arms, pointing her in the direction the smoke went to prior. What mainly caught her eye about the ring toss was the stuffed animal that looked just like the polite kitty; maybe it would give a bit of uncanny valley vibes in the pokemon's eyes, but she should be used to that kind of thing by now.

[break][break]

NOTES

- owo

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]