Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Flashes from the Past [M]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 19:42:59 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Of memories and masters
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Thank goodness for Corviknight taxis, Aurelie thought for probably the thousandth time as she stepped out of one such conveyance and headed toward the Verdanturf Community Center. Without these fast, efficient taxis providing easy transport between towns and cities, she'd never make it on time to her weekly swordsmanship lessons with . At least, not unless she was willing to take more time away from her business, which Aurelie was deeply loath to do.

She'd been studying Galarian and Kalosian swordsmanship for about two months now with her knightly teacher. To her delight, Gwyar had proven not only an adept swordsman in many different disciplines but also an excellent teacher. Aurelie wished she could somehow spare time to come to these lessons every day, instead of just once a week.

But you did have swordsmanship lessons every morning, a strange little voice whispered in her mind. For the last twenty years...

With the voice came a few snatches of memory—learning from and sparring with an aging Gallade in a cobblestoned courtyard, sometimes using a sword, sometimes wielding a war hammer. Memories that weren't hers, even though they were in her head. Aurelie shuddered and pressed the heel of one hand to her forehead, dismissing the little voice with a struggle.

Taking a deep breath, the red-haired smith paused before the doors of the community center. She didn't want to show any signs of confusion or befuddlement to her teacher, after all. The last time she'd been distracted during a lesson, he'd given her a lecture sharp enough that she still wasn't sure it hadn't cut her physically as well as mentally.

After her head cleared, Aurelie pushed through the doors and entered the familiar chamber, with its immaculate mats, racks of equipment, assortment of training dummies, and training circle in the middle. Looking around, she waved her hand in greeting and flashed a warm smile.

"Gwyar!" she called out familiarly, proud of having mastered the proper pronunciation of his name after about a dozen initial misses. "It's your favorite one-eyed student come to call! Comment allez-vous, mon maître?"

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

| Mission: Post Goodbye Galar

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,234 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 1:24:32 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Flashes from the Past

Mission: Post-goodbye Galar, with

He stood in the middle of the room with a pensive look in his eye, eyes fleeting from one corner to the other.

20 Years...

In his grasp, he rolled a tiny treasure slowly, slipping it into his pocket as a vaguely familiar gait reached his ears.

Turning to face his favorite one-eyed student, the oldest hero of ancient Galar held a somewhat gentler pull to his smile as his eyes fell upon Aurelie, the crinkle at the corner of his eyes seeming more genuine.

"Ms. Lefevre." He echoed her name against his, eyes slowly looking moving over the young woman. "It's been much too long."

She hadn't been there with them —of course she hadn't, she had no reason to be in that mess—, yet the memory of her had remained strong and vibrant in his mind after having dedicated himself to her craft for so many years.

"I am better than I've ever been— specially after seeing you again." He said with a chuckle.

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 17:18:30 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]The gracious dignity of Gwyar's greeting reminded Aurelie of the courtesies due an instructor, even one who'd never minded the friendly familiarity of her manner from day one. There were times when she was the teacher and he the student, after all, so insisting on standing on ceremony with each other would probably have felt strange to both of them. Still, a little respectfulness due a superior never hurt anyone, either.

Her expression softening, Aurelie took a step backward and bowed deeply to him, with an elegant little flourish of her arm thrown in for fun. "It has been too long," she agreed. "It feels like it's been decades since I last saw you!

"Which,"
she faltered, as if she'd just registered the words that had impulsively emerged from her mouth a second ago, "is probably weird, considering I've been coming to class regularly every week. But, well, let's say it's been a very long week."

Twenty years long, she thought, her mind drifting treacherously again toward that bewildering day before the Ancient Tomb where she'd somehow lived an entire lifetime in a single afternoon. A lifetime that she remembered, but that didn't feel like hers. It belonged to that other woman, the one who'd lived those decades in that implausible, bizarre medieval Galar and who still lived on in Aurelie's head, filling it with memories of things and events that weren't real...but felt real.

She cleared her throat and shook her head, as if to clear it of the unwelcome thoughts. Taking a deep breath, Aurelie strode over to a nearby weapons rack to pick up a practice sword. The one she picked today was simple wood, dense and sturdy enough to have both the weight and size of a metal weapon.

The handle was silken-smooth to the touch as she lifted the sword and held it in a two-handed grip. She centered it in the middle of her body and assumed a wide, stable stance in preparation. "Shall we begin?" she asked, tilting her head questioningly toward Gwyar.

"Or..." Aurelie's eye fell toward the small glint of light reflecting from his pocket, where he'd tucked something away before saying hello. She wondered what he was hiding out of sight. "Unless you need a moment, sir?"

[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,234 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 14:13:52 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Flashes from the Past

The blonde could only guffaw at that, his laughter ringing in the empty room.

"Well now! Isn't that mighty accurate!" He said with quaking shoulders.

Quite on the nose, too!

He scratched at his chin thoughtfully as he considered what to say, his digits prickled by the trimmed, carefully kept five-o-clock shadow that he was beginning to cultivate.

"... No, don't worry about me." He finally said with a smile, choosing to not make any towers of babel out of an ant hill. "Shall we begin?"

He picked up his own practice blade from the rack, turning to her.

There was a simple way to measure the likelyhood of Aurelie, a simple civilian blacksmith, being at the ancient ruins when that mess with Rocket and the Heroic Duo went down, unlikely as it might seem.

He raised his sword to her, humming.

"Now then. For your sake, I pray the past 'decades' have not rusted your skills, Ms. Lefevre." He said teasingly, eyes promising a world of uncomfortable re-training if she failed the impromptu swordsmanship pop-quiz.

"Shall we?"

He didn't wait for her to say yes— she had her stance, so.

His sword flashed forward towards her chest, a perfect stabbing motion without a waver or telegraphing.
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 20:55:49 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie relaxed at the sound of Gwyar's jovial burst of laughter, which exhibited a surprising amount of amusement over a comment that she'd thought had no meaning except to herself. She hadn't known him very long, but she couldn't help feeling like there was something different about her instructor. It wasn't just the faint gleam of golden stubble along his jaw, either.

But any relaxation was immediately replaced by the taut tension of sparring as Gwyar teased her about her skills rusting away and then raised his sword. Aurelie's blood sang, and her lips stretched in an eager smile. "En garde, sir!"

In a flash of movement, his practice sword exploded forward toward her chest with blurring speed, its point aiming straight for her heart. If nothing else, his mastery had clearly not dulled at all. Gwyar's attack was a thing of beauty, though she didn't exactly have time to admire it.

Unbidden, the voice of the other woman—the woman she'd become in that strange medieval, unreal Galar, the warrior and defender—hissed through her mind. Quick! Bring up your own sword before the point of his sword can reach you and roll your wrists to push his out of the way!

Aurelie let out a gasp, her mind whirling. The part of her that remembered Gwyar's training wanted to snap her blade into a different parrying position and drive his practice sword to the ground, rather than flick it aside. Yet, the other woman's memories and instincts were too forceful to ignore, and her practice sword reflexively slid upward and toward one side rather than pushing down.

Yet, those memories and instincts hadn't been forged with this current body, which wasn't as strong or well-conditioned as the body she'd grown into, after twenty years in Galar. Unburdened by the aches and pains of middle age, true, but also less wiry and sinewy with corded muscle from two decades of daily battles. Her reaction was a little too slow for his serpent-swift attack, her blade cracking against his just a second too late to prevent it from reaching her.

She grunted as the point of his blade made clean contact with her chest. "Well, if that were a real cut, I'd be bleeding already. Look at you, assaulting your favorite one-eyed student! Tsk, tsk."

Taking a step back, Aurelie took a deep breath and gazed probingly at Gwyar, searching for any gaps in his defenses. Her single eye widened and then narrowed, and she shifted into a more aggressive stance. Then, moving without thinking, guided by instinct and reflexes, she lashed out at Gwyar with a series of quick slashes and cuts at his forehead and both shoulders.

But the real attack is aimed at his stomach, right? the voice of the other Aurelie hissed in her mind.

No! Wait! I mean, yes! thought now-Aurelie, confused again. Wait a minute. Is this attack coming from my training or yours?

And did it even matter, if the attack was a good one? Not that she received an answer, anyway.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,234 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 1:53:40 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Flashes from the Past

Gwyar lightly tilted his head as the tip of his blade reached its target, his student just a step too late to defend herself. No, rather— a moment too hesitant.

Though a little confused, he nonetheless managed a smile.

"Now, now... Whoever said you were my favorite?" He teased.

Still...

"Hmm... Did I teach you the Octave parry?" He couldn't help but ask, curious— and just ever so slightly confused.

He couldn't recall doing so, but that had been 20 years ago, so he couldn't really place 100% of his trust on his memory.

As they both stepped back and prepared for the second round, the older man loosened his guard, lowering the blade to the floor in a text book fool's guard.

Whether his student took the bait, or had planned to go for his head regardless of what he did, the somewhat expected attacks to his upper body gave him enough thinking real estate to consider the brief hesitation that seemed to permeate his student's grip of her sword.

The fool's guards' trap activated promptly, the blade rising to parry aside the incoming blows— just in time for the target to switch.

Once again, with just a moment of hesitation—

The rising blade came rushing down just in time, slapping aside his student's strike before it found his stomach— though the look on his face suggested he had certainly not been expecting that from her.

"Hoh. Perhaps the fool's guard is beneath you now." He said simply, before rolling his wrist as their blades dragged against one another, attempting to control his student's blade's point as he went for a sliding 'stab'. "You cannot hesitate if you're to take risks, however."

Moments later, the blonde would ask her.

"Curious... You've grown a lot since we last trained. Have you been reading manuals in your off time?" It would explain her increased battle IQ— and the hesitation, if she hadn't had time to fully master the techniques and tactics learned...
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 22:06:42 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie blinked in surprise at Gwyar's teasing, even as she sensed that he probably wasn't being entirely serious. "Wait, what? Do you have other one-eyed students besides me, Maître Wledig?" she asked with genuine curiosity.

A smirk tugged at the corner of her lips as she then inquired, tilting her head playfully and sweeping her practice sword from side to side, "And are they cuter than me?"

Any further comments Aurelie might have made was cut off as they resumed exchanging blows. As ever, she marveled at how naturally and seemingly effortlessly Gwyar wielded a blade. He always seemed so much more himself with a sword in his hands, so at one with every movement he or his opponent made. Of course, to be fair, he'd certainly put in a lot of long, hard work to achieve such mastery.

He easily parried her attack, though the look on his face suggested he actually hadn't expected the strike to his stomach. Aurelie frowned and suppressed a sigh at his gentle admonishment. Well, of course he noticed I'm basically arguing with myself every few minutes, she internally grumbled. I have got to stop doing that.

"You're right, of course, maître," she agreed, taking a ready stance once more. "I just keep feeling like I can't make up my mind. Or I'm of two minds about everything!"

Aurelie did sigh when his next attack, a sliding stab, gracefully slid past her defenses as if they weren't even there. An involuntary grunt escaped her as the tip of his practice sword made clean contact, and she stumbled backwards.

"Maybe I'm not your favorite after all, since you're clearly not taking it easy on me," she laughed, brushing strands of red hair off her face.

Then Aurelie's expression grew solemn again. "But in all seriousness...no, I haven't been reading up on swordsmanship manuals or anything. I had no idea the parry I used earlier on you was even called the Octave parry. But I have gotten a lot more practice than before."

Her face turned distant and her single eye grew misty with recollection as her mind began drifting down the avenues of long-ago memories. In a faraway voice, Aurelie said softly, "I mean, I would spar every day with my Gallade and the sword instructor back in Galar. That was one advantage of living in weird medieval memory-Motostoke, I suppose: the armory there meant that a lot of skilled weapons users lived there too..."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,234 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 0:54:26 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Flashes from the Past

"Perhaps." He said to both questions, a coy smile playing on his lips as he went for a disciplinary swat to the head.

Gwyar merely nodded along to his student's words as they continued to spar and bicker, brows ever so slightly furrowed. As far as he understood it, his student was doubting herself in the midst of battle. The why, however, was not entirely clear to him.

"No? Curious. I suppose with enough practical training and experimentation, one could stumble into the same paths as the old masters, but..."

Fortunately, his student's tongue was loose enough that she kinda just told him right then and there, leaving him just standing there and staring at her in shocked silence, jaw slightly loose.

"... You were at the ancient ruins?" He asked in disbelief, brow raised. "Dear me... Thank goodness you're okay!"

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 22:30:47 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]"Wait, were you there too?" Aurelie asked immediately, startled by the nature of Gwyar's surprise and the immediacy of his reaction. Despite her vague, meandering words about medieval Galar and sparring with her Gallade in Motostoke, he didn't ask what she meant or think she was spewing nonsense. He instantly and correctly concluded that she'd been present at the battle before the Ancient Tomb.

Which made her think he must have been there too, to recognize the significance of her words. Which then made her think he must've gotten pulled into the mass hallucination, or memory, or alternate lives, or whatever it was they'd all experienced in Galar. Which then...made her frown in puzzlement.

Her own sword fell still in her hands as she pondered the mystery.

"But I don't remember seeing you or hearing about you at all, after we were all transported into Galar," Aurelie mused , thinking aloud. "And I feel as if I would've run into you sometime in 20 years!

"Especially since...well."
The redhead gestured to his sword and armor with a warm chuckle. "A man like you would've been hard to miss! I can only imagine you would've felt much more at home in that world than I did, being from Galar and a knight already. Even with the lower level of technology, medicine, education, all of that. I could see you even being a king back then!

"But I never heard anything about you, not during the beginning, or the attack by the Galarian Articuno, or the Necrozma attack, or that huge final battle..."

Then Aurelie shook her head hastily, as if casting off her own distracting thoughts, and smiled softly in belated response to Gwyar's characteristic show of concern for his student. "But yes, I was there at the Ancient Tomb. And I got out...pretty much okay. I have...memories of my life in that place and time, but nothing traumatic. Nothing painful."

Unlike some people, she thought ruefully, thinking of the stories and rumors she'd heard of others who were pulled into Galar and never wanted to leave. Or had hated it there. Or, even more strangely, those who didn't seem to remember anything at all.

"Sometimes, those memories do get in my way, though," Aurelie went on, smiling wryly and gesturing to her own practice sword by way of explanation. Then she looked up at Gwyar and tilted her head quizzically. "What about you? Did you come out of it all right?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,234 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 16:36:40 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Flashes from the Past

He didn't talk much as Aurelie shared her experiences, merely humming along and encouraging her to share more whilst leaning back, taking it all in.

When he had realized that not everyone present at the tomb was in Galar, he had simply assumed only those near Zacian and the Chien-Pao had been pulled in— but this made more sense.

They had been pulled into different, yet similar Galars... which suggested there was a lot more intentionality to the walking disasters' actions than he had thought.

But why? What were they seeking by entering the weapons' inner worlds...?

He blinked as Aurelie's question broke through the haze of his ponderings, prompting a sheepish smile.

"Hn... Yes?" He finally said, more tentatively than he intended. "I had no real traumatic experiences either... I did get married, though. Does that count?"

He had a self-amused expression as he joked about it, before laughing.

"I kept the ring, too." He said, tapping at his chin thoughtfully. Now he was curious, actually. "Did you get married as well?"

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 22:47:22 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]"You got married? That's so wonderful!" Aurelie exclaimed, her single eye wide with delight. "Congratulations...well, very belatedly." She grinned at him, wondering if she dared ask who the lucky lady was, before deciding against it.

Instead, she shook her head, shrugged, and smiled. "I didn't get married, no. But it's sweet that you did. I hope you were happy there."

He wasn't saying very much, perhaps because he'd been lost in thought or she'd been talking so much, but Aurelie was still getting the impression that Gwyar had surely been transported to a different Galar than the one she'd lived through. It was mind-blowing to think that not one, but two memory-worlds had somehow sprung into being during the clash between Zamazenta, Zacian, and Chien-Pao. The thought filled her with awe.

And also fear. Against such power, how can any ordinary mortal stand a chance? she couldn't help wondering. It made learning swordsmanship feel...a little futile. How much would a sword do in a fight with a Pokemon who could create whole dream worlds? Or throw blizzards at you, cut you down with a single strike, and deflect every attack you made?

But then Aurelie remembered. During that climactic final battle, the humans and their Pokemon had fought the gigantic Pokemon besieging the town. It had been human swordplay and combat that had kept the town safe and defeated the Pokemon in the end.

Her grip on her practice sword tightened, and her stance firmed. It's not futile. I just need to learn more and be better.

Aloud, Aurelie said, "But we can talk more about our experiences later, if you want, Maître. I've chattered on long enough. For all that I learned in my twenty years in Galar, I know you still have much to teach me. Let's keep going!"

And so the lesson continued from there, as it should have from the beginning. By the end, Aurelie was tired, sweaty, stinging from the impact of a dozen blows she hadn't managed to block, and satisfied. She could tell that Gwyar had learned a lot as well in his time in Galar and had much left to teach her yet.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 2:35:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)