Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
410 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
Ring Toss [O][FF]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 2:16:46 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]When asked to describe her daughter, Aubre would often default to the word special. On intellectual development tests, the white-haired toddler tested in the 99% percentile. She rarely cried or threw tantrums. Instead, she peered at most things with a haughty, contemplative look. Then, of course, there was the fact that she was as stubborn as a Tauros. When it came to toys, she preferred things like counting games and an abacus.

So, when she let out a typical toddler noise, her mother stopped in her tracks. “I want it!” The voice repeated itself with more force. Bright green eyes blinked as the redhead turned to face her daughter. Her face was wrinkled up irritably—like she’d smelled something sour.“What is it you—” Michaela’s blue gaze seemed suddenly wet. A stubby toddler hand jabbed toward a giant stuffed Forretress.Please.”

The redhead smiled softly. It wasn’t like her daughter to ask for things, especially things a child would want. “I—I can certainly try.” Grabbing her wallet, she bought 10 rings at the Dugtrio toss game. Michaela leaned over the counter to watch. Blue eyes filled with an innocent, unlimited hunger.

By the fifth ring, Aubre realized this wasn’t going very well.

“Mommy, you’re supposed to hit the Dugtrio.”

The doctor’s cheeks colored.

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]@open
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #69A534;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #69A534;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
1,088 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
Ring Toss [O][FF]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 5:03:28 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu"]
[attr="class","star1tsu"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu"]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]"Having trouble?"[break][break]

A girl speaks up behind her. [break][break]

Hand on her hip, eyes that stare blankly at her, she sizes up the woman and her kid. An attentive parent, willing to put in the effort to spend time with and even aid her child. The type of childhood any kid would love to have. [break][break]

The distance that she appraises that situation with couldn't be lost on anyone. And yet...[break][break]

"Try spinning it a little like it's a disc. The rotation will keep it stable, so you just gotta aim for the Dugtrio."[break][break]

She smiles confidently, stepping up next to the woman with her arms crossed. She makes a quick glance out of the corner of her eye to the roof, where a large arachnid sits and waits.[break][break]

When it leaves her hand next. That's when she'll give the signal...[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Involve or reference a Dugtrio-Ring-Toss Game

[attr="class","star3tsu"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/r3Sgi2E.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/r3Sgi2E.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
410 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Ring Toss [O][FF]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 14:45:06 GMT
[attr="class","samjermain"]Her pile of rings dwindled by the minute. Now, there were only two remaining. Their bright red color—reminding her of a child’s toy—somehow made it more demeaning. Again, her daughter’s little voice piped up. “You have to hit it. Like him!” She pointed to the carnie across the way. Off course, he suckered someone else in with another perfect throw. Aubre knew there was a trick to this, but she couldn’t figure out what it was.

A voice behind her startled her. The last ring fell woefully short of its target, clattering to the hard-packed earth. Big blue eyes narrowed as her daughter turned to glare at whoever had interrupted her mommy. A gentle squeeze to the shoulder stopped her from voicing the building tantrum. “Sorry, I jumped like that. I think was a little too into this.” Pink eclipsed her freckles. “But I would love any advice you have.” The last thing she needed was to have a toddler screaming her lungs out.

The advice was met with a nod. She slid across a few dollars for another set—five instead of ten. “Thank you.” As she lined up for another toss, she murmured to herself. “Like a disc. You can do that.” With a deep breath, she gave it a little twist and let it fly. Please work. Please. Let’s not look like a baby Deerling in front of a crowd.

Michaela, meanwhile, stared pointedly at the spider perched on top of the stall. Her lips pursed into a thin line as her brow snapped up.

The doctor’s cheeks colored.

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #69A534;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #69A534;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
1,088 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
Ring Toss [O][FF]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 2:57:09 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]The thread shoots out and grabs the ring, scarcely perceptible in the sim light. A small pull to readjust its trajectory, and it's perfectly aligned, falling over the dugtrio's head without any problem whatsoever.[break][break]

"See what I told you?"[break][break]

She gives the woman a smug grin, as if she's saved the day with just her advice. To her, she might as well have. For anyone but the small child standing there, this was all just a pep talk, a way of realigning the way this woman looks at the game. The principles of physics and science, laid out plainly so even a novice could apply them.[break][break]

"It's just a matter of how you throw it. You can aim so much easier if you keep it stable in the air. Like how a bike gets more stable the faster you ride."[break][break]

She takes a step forward and winks at the kid who's gazing up at her Ariados. The insect clicks her mandibles, waiting for the next throw.[break][break]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/r3Sgi2E.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/r3Sgi2E.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
410 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Ring Toss [O][FF]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 3:00:21 GMT
[attr="class","samjermain"]As the ring rockets forward, Aubre feels her heart pound in her chest. It’s just a game, Aubre. Even if Michaela’s never looked at anything like that before. It’s not the end of the world. But—just like being depressed couldn’t be cured by playing peekaboo with it—a stern soliloquy didn’t make the anxiety disappear.

Clatter! The bright red ring fell into the dirt at the base of one of the Dugtrio. “!?” A look of disbelief crossed Aubre’s face. Her eyes first drifted over to the Magikarp fishing game as if it might have see what had happened. She turns to face Tsubaki. The doctor’s disappointed face brightens. For a moment, she looks like her younger self again. Her teeth spread in a smile that’s neither shy nor self-conscious. “That was fantastic! I was throwing the thing all wrong before.”

Politely, the redhead turned to listen to the younger woman. Like all knowledge, she ate it up. Her gaze is that of an eager student. “I have to keep it stable.” For some reason, that word draws out a self-deprecating little laugh. “Let me try again.” The single ring would not get Mikky anything but a keychain. And, it wasn’t those making her all doe-eyed, was it?

With a steadying breath, Aubre threw. This time, there was less calculation and more force behind it. Just play nice with me one more time, all right?

The toddler, meanwhile, shifts a few feet closer to Tsubaki. With Mom distracted, she pipes up in her tiny, chime-like voice: It’s quiet. “My daddy has one of those. He’s a butt-ler.”

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
1,088 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
Ring Toss [O][FF]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 2:24:42 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]The quality of the throw hardly matters in the end. All that matters is that the one throwing it thinks she's doing it of her own accord. That's the trick to sleight-of-hand, letting your mark fool themselves.[break][break]

And this is pretty harmless, all things considered, right?[break][break]

"There! See? You're a natural! All it takes is knowing the right technique!"[break][break]

She celebrates the woman's toss as her Ariados aids her throw once again. It's another flawless arc, aided by the pokemon's thread, invisible in the low light. To the layman, she's suddenly perfected the technique. She might even be fooled herself. [break][break]

And it's that delusion, fooling one's self, that builds real confidence. [break][break]

She'll be a natural for real in no time.[break][break]

Tsubaki smiles at the child next to her, nodding along. She can't reveal the trick before the game's won, unfortunately. [break][break]

"Your daddy's got a stone like this, huh?" She points to her glasses, where a key stone is embedded in the frame.[break][break]

In that same moment, she gives the kid a knowing look, and silently shushes her. [break][break]

It'll be their secret. Can't let the sprigatito outta the bag just yet.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
410 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Ring Toss [O][FF]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 1:20:12 GMT
[attr="class","samjermain"]Another red ring settled onto a Dugtrio. Topped with blonde hair, this one stared down in befuddlement at its newest accessory. The doctor’s grin seemed to wipe the stress from her face. It seemed like the last three years had vanished in an instant. “I really—I think I was just overthinking it before.”

The white-haired toddler turned to face Tsubaki. Her little lips pressed into a thin line. Again, her baby blues flickered between the spider and the stranger. After a moment, she nodded. “Yes.” The toddler’s voice was stiff and robotic. She was as good a liar as her mother. Which is to say absolutely terrible. “Daddy has a rock like that.”

Eyes full of suspicion, Aubre turned to face the pair. That tone of voice sounded off. But as this happened, she sunk the magic third ring on the stand’s Alolan Dugtrio. A cowbell rang happily as the carnival barker announced, “WINNER! WINNER! WE HAVE A WINNER!” The ginger turned back to face the somewhat scruffy man. “Make your choice!” She blinked. Once. Twice. Oh. “I’ll—” With a smile, a scarred finger shifted toward the Forretress.

The toddler brimmed with excitement.“Yay.” Or, at least, as much as Michaela was capable of. Blue eyes turned to Tsubaki. She nodded once to the girl.

Moments later, her daughter’s slim form vanished beneath the thing’s fluffy exterior. With a smile, Aubre turned to face Tsubaki. “Thank you.” The words were soft and full of gratitude. Reaching into her wallet, she slid a few Pokedollars across the counter. “Play a few rounds on us. Please.” As she turned away, she caught sight of the spider on the roof.

For a moment, she wondered if something foul had been afoot. But, like a horse shaking off a fly, she shook her head. Soon enough, she disappeared around the corner of a nearby souvenir stand—unaware she’d cheated her way to a child’s smile.

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
1,088 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
Ring Toss [O][FF]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 2:19:30 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Tsubaki can't stop grinning as she celebrates the woman's win. Maybe she'll take that newfound confidence and do something good with it. Maybe not. But even so, it's the little one's win. She'll remember that night every time she looks at the plushie from now on, for the rest of her childhood.[break][break]

"Thanks, Ma'am. And really, it was nothing. Advice is free, yeah?"[break][break]

She winks at the little girl. [break][break]

A little slight-of-hand goes a long way, and she's got a soft spot for kids. This is more ethical than stealing food or supplies, trying to make it on her own. It's giving back, being responsible. The carnies aren't paid well enough to notice, and she's bringing happiness to the world.[break][break]

If only she didn't feel so utterly empty beneath it all, like there was nothing to celebrate. But, it's a carnival. You've got to keep the mood up, keep the smile on. Otherwise, there's no point at all.[break][break]

"Guess I'll take a few throws," she finally says to the carnie after seeing them both off.[break][break]

Maybe she'll find a good kid to give her winnings to down the line.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,951 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Ring Toss [O][FF]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 4:14:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven