awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
reprieve
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 17:05:56 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the festivities have even stretched as far as smaller towns on hoenn's map. she's here to show face - begrudgingly so, but it's a necessary evil she's entertaining for the first few months of her station. where the eyes upon her are going to be the most critical. 

blue cotton candy stains the tips of her fingers. she thinks idly of bringing some back home for delta, but then dismisses the thought. there's a chance she stays in a motel tonight in littleroot. 

home hasn't been the same lately. 

a familiar face draws her from her more dour thoughts. she steps neatly around a couple of teens and greets gunner with a half-wave as she approaches. 

"gunner! nice to see you off the field."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
reprieve
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 2:22:29 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

As much as Gunner enjoyed going to festivals, work consumed him, especially with the upcoming AQUA meeting and increased security it required. His superiors finally demanded that he take the day off, so he figured he'd check out the carnival at Littleroot Town to see how much the sleepy countryside had bounced back from last November's chaos.[break][break]

The sinkhole still loomed large in its landscape. Gunner stopped by there first before making his way to the festival proper. Its abyssal darkness stared up at him like an ominous maw, taunting him.[break][break]

In contrast, the flashing lights, bright colors, and cacophonous sounds of the Magnificent Funtasia were a crescendo of life and laughter. Children scampered in zigzags as Gunner navigated between the booths and games.[break][break]

A familiar voice called his attention away from the Dugtrio Ring Toss game he'd been contemplating. When he turned to look, Freya emerged from the anonymous crowd, her hand raised in greeting.[break][break]

"Freya! Hey," Gunner said, his lips curling into a warm smile. "Or should I say Councilwoman Morningstar? How are you?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Carnival Camaraderie (WOFF)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
reprieve
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 19:36:52 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it's surreal to receive a greeting like that again - councilwoman morningstar. as she was signing on for the transition, she had thought the first time it's said might hurt. she was prepared for thoughts of inadequacy, a reminder of the person she had unbecome in those lost years. 

but she feels only warmth. and gratitude. perhaps it's because the person saying it genuinely seems to appreciate her position. 

not everyone believes you will fail. 

"you're the first to call me that again," she admits nervously. "i'm well. still adjusting. thought it'd be nice to take some time to myself before the assembly meeting. i hear you're on security detail."

she tilts her cone out to him. "cotton candy? if you're here by yourself, would you mind some company?"
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
reprieve
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 12:15:49 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner nodded. "Yeah, along with Mr. Concordas and Gym Leader Navidson," he said, though Freya already likely knew that. He mentioned it anyway for the sake of small talk.[break][break]

The smile on his face grew grateful at the proffered cotton candy. Reaching out, he plucked a wispy chunk from the cone. The sugary tendrils dissolved as soon as they touched his tongue. He ate them anyway with gusto.[break][break]

"Thanks. And no, I don't mind at all. I was actually thinking of playing this game," Gunner said, gesturing to the Dugtrio Ring Toss. "Want to do it with me? I'm going to try and win that for… a friend."[break][break]

He pointed at a hanging plush toy of a Skitty on the prize wall, hoping Freya hadn't noticed the way he'd stumbled over his words.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
reprieve
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 0:35:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"and we'll be all the more safer for it." but what she doesn't say is that she fears some of the people attending the meeting more than she does any potential attack on the league headquarters. her skin still crawls thinking about stepping into her office. 

still does not respect her. 

the others? she doesn't know. dahlia believes in her enough to have extended this olive branch, if one could call it that. 

she tilts her head up and eyes the skitty. it's a cute little plush, more round than the actual thing, with a prim, pudgy face. she hands over her tickets and looks out at the bottles. others crowding the stall toss their rings with pling-pling-pling sounds. 

"aren't most of these meant to be unbeatable?" she says, but she readies a toss anyway. the three in hand bounce off of the bottles and rattle onto the ground. 

"yeah, we'll blame it on being rigged," she says with a laugh and clasps gunner on the shoulder. "good luck. let's see it."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
reprieve
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 14:52:00 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner paid for three rings and stood before the Dugtrio-shaped targets, gauging the distance. He let the rings fly one by one, but they, too, fell to the ground without catching.[break][break]

He sighed, hands on hips. "You're definitely right. Rigged."[break][break]

Turning away, he looked for something else to do — a game or attraction that would entertain them both.[break][break]

"New council position aside, how have you been lately?" Gunner asked.[break][break]

He and Freya had not seen each other since the wildfire they'd both been called to quell. In fact, this was their first time meeting under more casual circumstances.[break][break]

And with the trajectory of her career, he imagined more of these meetings would be few and far between.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
reprieve
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 4:35:20 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

wonderful and not great at the same time. she'd known  wouldn't take kindly to the new position. she'd known they'd disagree. what she hadn't been prepared for was the complete and utter shutdown. that infuriating shell he wraps himself around. 

and she knows it's so he doesn't lash out. so he doesn't bubble and boil and burn them both. but it hurts all the same. and besides, she's weathered worse before. the twisted, reddened skin of her shoulder is a testament to that. 

"i've been alright. hardly feels like i have time for a break, even before starting. i've tried to get as much time in with the dragons as i can." that's another bridge she'll have to cross. 

hopefully, though, with her new standing, she'll be able to reinstate the leasing agreement she had with the rangers. of course, is still missing...

"and you're well? aside from letting down your friend down? oh, actually - look. that same skitty is winnable at the magikarp fishing. i bet we can do this."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
reprieve
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 13:59:45 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"That's right! I do remember you using a lot of Dragon Pokémon," Gunner said, recalling his last two encounters with Freya. Her Salamence featured both times. A close companion, he assumed. "You specialize in them?"[break][break]

The Magikarp fishing game was a small pool filled with adolescent fish, small enough to fit in nets even children could wield. Gunner crouched by the side of the pool with net in hand.[break][break]

Mere moments later, he stood, beaming with pride as a fish flopped in the webbing.[break][break]

"Easy," he said after a carnie confirmed the win and handed him the Skitty plush. "Your turn, Freya."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
reprieve
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 19:23:27 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"something like that," she says with a tight-lipped smile. she almost mentions the estate, but their surroundings are simply too cheery to bring up the problems surrounding sootopolis. her lack of home. 

it can't be that easy, she thinks. whatever magic gunner used doesn't exist in freya because the magikarp are not as keen as wriggling into her own net. her attempts at fishing for them instead of letting them swim in on their own volition go poorly, too.

her nose crumples as she hands the net back. "at least you got your plush."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
reprieve
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 20:01:16 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

While Freya attempted to catch a Magikarp, Gunner took out his phone and snapped a picture of the Skitty toy. He sent it to with an accompanying text:[break][break]

Look, it reminds me of you. Isn't it cute? I'll drop it off at your apartment later.
[break]

He looked up just in time to see Freya hand the net back to the carnie. "Yeah, and I think my friend will like it, too. I'm going to stop by her place after this to give it to her."[break][break]

Putting away his phone, Gunner looked around at the other games and attractions.[break][break]

"But in the meantime, there must be something you can win. What about… that?" He pointed at Tauros Riding, where a young man was scrambling to stay on the machine's back. "That must be like riding a dragon in the middle of battle, right?"[break][break]

He shot her a cheeky grin.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
reprieve
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 22:03:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he's smiling down at his phone and freya's gaze lingers for a moment, content, before shifting away. she wonders if ever looks at his phone like that while texting her. you're going soft, she thinks. he'd probably say the same. 

"you make me sound so pitiful," she says with a huff, teasing with her mock-anger. 

at his suggestion, the jut of his chin, freya looks in time to see the man get launched off the back of the mechanical tauros. she pretends to think about it for a moment. even adds in a light hmmmm and then clasps gunner on the shoulder. 

"yeah, i got this."

when she gets up to the front of the line, the carny tells her she has some options. stay on for the lowest setting and win a small prize - bouncy balls, candy, and the like. medium setting? some small, threadbare plush. expert? the large plushies. she spies a ferocious looking salamence, nestled between a sleepy jigglypuff and a clever looking decidueye. 

"expert," she says breezily and he gives her a look. but she's already mounted the bull. 

confidence is one thing. cockiness? another. and the latter is what she'd started with, so she gets a rough surprise when the yanking motions start under her. her fingers curl tighter on the metal handle until they hurt and her shoulder aches as she's tossed around. 

her dragons are predictable. this is anything but. 

still, she manages to scrape by. she's scowling by the time she slips back down and her thighs hurt, but at least she didn't embarrass herself. 

he asks which prize she'd like and she says, "the decidueye please," and tucks it under her arm before joining gunner. 

"give it to me straight, graves. how ridiculous did i look?"
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
reprieve
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 14:38:03 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

When Freya chose the expert setting, Gunner knew he was about to witness a one-of-a-kind experience. He whipped his phone back out and started recording a video as soon as the mechanical Tauros began to move.[break][break]

And what a show. The golden-haired councilwoman clung doggedly as the ride tossed her from side to side with a roughness that was almost cruel. At times, Gunner thought she was about to fly off, but she adjusted her grip and held on.[break][break]

Just as he was thinking the ride was taking longer than it should to finish, it stopped. Freya slid off the bull's back and received her own plushie as a reward.[break][break]

"You looked very ridiculous," Gunner confirmed with a grin. He turned his phone around so she could watch the video. "But you were awesome, too."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
reprieve
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 6:18:42 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

oh gods, he recorded it. she looks absolutely ridiculous. the worst part about it, honestly, is just how serious she looks on top of it, as though riding this bull might just be life or death. the mechanical tauros puts up a fight, but definitely not a fight worth the flint-eyed stare. 

still, she wins. and it's more impressive than the crumpling tug-of-war contest happening in the background.

"can't believe i'm letting you walk out of here with this blackmail on me," she says with a shake of her head. 

"who knew having fun could be so tiring?" she points at the ferris wheel down the way. "care to? i've never been on one."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
reprieve
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 16:35:28 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner laughed, tucking his phone away into the safety of a pocket. "It'll be one of those things you look at later, when you're super stressed over council stuff, and get a laugh out of it," he said.[break][break]

He followed her finger to the Ferris wheel looming over the rest of the carnival, decorated in bright colors and flashing lights. "Sure, let's go."[break][break]

The queue for the ride was not long. When ushered into a carriage, Gunner sat on one side, expecting Freya to take the opposite seat. He placed the Skitty plush toy next to him and watched the world outside fall away.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
reprieve
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 22:36:28 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she sits down and brushes aside some stray crumbs some other passenger had left behind. the floor of the carriage is likewise littered with debris, but she supposes that's to be expected. it's nearing the later hours. 

her decidueye sits next to her, a mirror image to his skitty. 

"it's strange," she says as they rise, "knowing there are some people who've only been off the ground in a thing like this." she reclines back. "you enjoy flying much? or is that more on a need to protect the world basis?"
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing