lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
489 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[gym] i. adrenaline
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 3:58:20 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

she comes for a gym challenge. [break][break]

.. not that she's done one before. marisol has heard about them, and has thought about approaching one, but she never quite knew where to start. supposedly, there was an order to things in other regions - and yet in hoenn, she's found that most people don't find a specific place to start at. granted, these are considered educational facilities, so it shouldn't surprise her as much as it does. [break][break]

marisol never had the time to participate in these, between work and studies, pokemon battling was never her strong suit - so why does she come today? in preparation? to learn something, more like, about battling. [break][break]

she had no pokemon who could hold their own in a race, so instead she enters the gym, small and slightly meek. [break][break]

"excuse me?" she chirps up, fingers tented together with her wrists against her stomach "i'm here for a gym challenge."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

I'M SORRY I'M LATE

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]--accent:#a2add0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[gym] i. adrenaline
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 16:59:13 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Mauville Racing Grounds' facility was enormous indeed; while the office space had little signage due to its size being on the smaller side, the property where the action took place, just outside the city proper, was enormous. Luckily, Josh had experienced staff who knew the facility well, and signage that could guide challengers to the correct location. The voice of SHELLY SPIEL, Josh's scheduler, echoed over the Gym's loudspeakers:

"Challenger , please report to the Main Sector. Challenger Simone, to the Main Sector. Thank you!"

Provided Marisol followed the ample signage to get to the Main Sector, where the facility's battle courts were located, she would find Josh removing the saddle from Saber, the Manectric that was, by now, the face of his Gym. "Challenger Simone?" Josh asked. "Gym Leader Josh Devlin. Great to meet you," he greeted the blonde, the vast battleground behind him. While most Gyms' battle courts had some variance to how large they were, Mauville's was notable for being extremely large; it was triple regulation size, and it was wide open. Pokémon had plenty of room to run and nowhere to hide, playing into the ultrafast Pokémon on Josh's Gym squad and giving them quite the home field advantage.

The Gym Leader directed the Pokémon therapist toward the west side of the triple-sized court, toward the Trainer's Box on the challenger's side. "According to your application, this will be a half-team Doubles match. The first side to incapacitate all their opponent's Pokémon will be the winner. The challenger is permitted to withdraw Pokémon, but the Gym Leader is not. There will be a ten-minute time limit. Once time expires, the side with more Pokémon standing will be the winner. Ties will be broken by sudden death. Good luck to you; you'll need it."

Once the two trainers were positioned, the small gallery cheered, primarily for Josh, as the platforms rose to a height of roughly ten feet. The Gym Leader hurled two Poké Balls toward the circular pool surrounding the inner ring of the battle court, a Manectric and Kantonian Arcanine ready to do battle. "Now, bring forth your first two Pokémon. I can assure you it will be the only decision you will have time to ponder," Josh taunted as the move timer counted down on the scoreboard clearly visible to the challenger.

{WC: 395}
{PC: 1}

Note: Saber will NOT use his Z-Move or Terastallize in this battle.

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS 
Twilight        Absol             Good  
Braver          Arcanine          Good  
Saber           Manectric         Good  

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
489 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[gym] i. adrenaline
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 21:42:03 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

prideful taunting falls onto deaf ears. [break][break]

although maybe that's part of the fun, and part of the entertainment? he does have some pride to uphold as the gym leader, although there's a part of her that finds this eagerness amusing - it's some kind of energy that she's always found refreshing. [break][break]

in work, of course. she could never tolerate the electrifying energy in the confines of a hospital room for too long. [break][break]

maybe it's a good thing that people like these enjoy the open air so much. "a pleasure, devlin." she smiles, tilting her head slightly as her eyes squint with the hum "marisol is fine." [break][break]

marisol glances to the gallery that puts their battle on display, only briefly smiling towards the small group of onlookers. then, she looks back to the pokemon he's sent out first; both electric and fire. so with a nod of her head, she takes two, smaller pokeballs betwixt between fingers to throw them into the air. [break][break]

a blissey jumps first, eager into the fray, followed by a ceruledge who lands with a soft grunt. the armored malice glares to the duo, placed a little further away. [break][break]

when the clock begins to tick, marisol skips no beats. [break][break]

"em, minimize!" she commands the blissey, whose body gradually shrinks where it stands. on the other hand, she glances to the ceruledge that brandishes its flaming blades. [break][break]

"swords dance." she commands it, watching as the blades burn brighter when they sharpen.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

BLISSEY uses MINIMIZE[break]
CERULEDGE uses SWORDS DANCE

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[gym] i. adrenaline
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 1:46:44 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's taunting was part for fun, part intimidation tactic to scare less serious challengers away. After all, he needed to test how challengers would respond to pressure of all kinds, verbal pressure included. Marisol didn't seem to back down, which was a good start. Next, he would test the female's split-second decision making. Though the Blissey couldn't be ignored indefinitely, the Gym Leader recognized the Ghost-type Ceruledge as a priority one threat that needed to be handled immediately. As such, he responded appropriately.

"Braver, Twilight, CROSS ATTACK!" Taking advantage of the triple-sized battle court, the racing-trained Pokémon accelerated into a speedy gallop that could have been awe-inspiring for those who had never seen the Mauville Leader's Pokémon run. How was it even possible for an Absol to run so fast?

The dark-type put on a show of not only her speed, but her agility as well, digging into the ground to make a tight turn toward the Ceruledge. Twilight got there first, attempting to hook the blade-wielding fire-type with her own blade on her forehead, her SUPER LUCK perhaps enabling her to find the Ceruledge's hidden soul gem with a sharp NIGHT SLASH. A split second after she was out of the way, Braver would slam on the brakes, the friction causing his paws to catch fire and kick SCORCHING SANDS the phantom's way.

{WC: 226}
{PC: 2}

- Blissey's EVASION increases by one stage.
- Ceruledge's OFFENSE increases by two stages.
- Absol readies a SUPER LUCK-powered NIGHT SLASH toward Ceruledge.
- Arcanine readies SCORCHING SANDS toward Ceruledge.

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
489 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[gym] i. adrenaline
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 5:01:48 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

they're fast. [break][break]

this is the gym that prioritizes speed - so it's a given. it should also be a given that they dash to the main threat on the field - her ceruledge. the glaring mound of armor hisses softly, squinting at the speed both pokemon show as they kick up the sands, both rushing for an attack. [break][break]

a searing SCORCHING SANDS is sent towards the flaming pokemon, while a speedy NIGHT SLASH threatens to sear through any remaining armour. marisol is quick to think, immediately calling out to the two: "defenses, now." [break][break]

the command is short, and sharp, as the ceruledge turns its sharp gaze to the blissey. its body vanishes with ALLY SWITCH as the absol dashes in for the hit, and as the sands whip to threaten to sear it. instead, in its place, a blissey appears with the blue barrier of PROTECT renders both attacks fruitless - and the ceruledge safe.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

CERULEDGE uses ALLY SWITCH[break]
BLISSEY PROTECTs against NIGHT SLASH + SCORCHING SANDS

[break][break]
BLISSEY: +1 evasion
[break]CERULEDGE: +2 attack

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[gym] i. adrenaline
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 0:46:34 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Marisol had made an amazing first impression, parrying the swift combination attack with a perfectly timed guard. "Well done!" Josh complimented the challenger. Very few teams of trainer and Pokémon had the reaction time to call for an effective defensive tactic. "Let's see you parry this one, too!" Her blade still sharp from the unsuccessful Night Slash, she passed by the challenger's Pokémon with the whoosh of a windstorm, carving cuts into the trail in a sudden about face. Lowering her forehead scythe as low as she could, she kicked up clumps of dirt that would aim to clobber both of her foes with the force of a ROCK SLIDE.

Braver didn't have the agility to immediately retaliate against the Ceruledge. The Arcanine was incredibly fast, but the species was known for how difficult it was to handle. Needing almost the entire width of the battle court to turn around, the fire-type wreathed himself in a cylinder of flames, looking to ram, trample, and run over the Blissey in a FLAME WHEEL.

{WC: 174}
{PC: 3}

- Absol's and Arcanine's attacks are repelled by PROTECT.
- Absol readies ROCK SLIDE toward both foes.
- Arcanine readies FLAME WHEEL toward Blissey.

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
489 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[gym] i. adrenaline
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 1:27:32 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

they reacted quickly enough. [break][break]

although she can't quite say she's fond of being on the defensive. another flurry of attacks and blows threaten the two pokemon once again, this time with rocks being flung and her BLISSEY as the target. the pokemon is smaller, and only attempts to compact herself further with another MINIMIZE. she prays that the pokemons' attacks will fly right over her - or miss her entirely otherwise. [break][break]

in the meantime, the ceruledge is battered by the stone - its armor does little to protect it from the rocks kicked up in the dirt. still, it stands, with a guttural growl that comes from the ghostly armor. "pull yourself together!" she calls out to the ceruledge, whose flames ignite brighter when it dashes, ruthlessly and relentless, towards the absol amidst the rocks. searing blades of flames pay little mind to the rocks being flung as its intention is to slash and drain the absol of what vitality it had using BITTER BLADES.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

CERULEDGE is hit by ROCK SLIDE. it's SUPER EFFECTIVE.[break]
BLISSEY tries to dodge with MINIMIZE[break]
CERULEDGE uses BITTER BLADE (+2 attack) on ABSOL

[break][break]
BLISSEY: +2 evasion
[break]CERULEDGE: +2 attack
[break][break]

BLISSEY EVASION ROLLS[break]
54> rock slide HITS (hit); 60> flame wheel HITS (miss)[break]
nnEJlFtT

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

·
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[gym] i. adrenaline
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 2:49:24 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Blissey had compressed her body enough to hide between Braver's pairs of legs, the tremendous wind of the Arcanine's wake threatening to knock her over. It left her all the more vulnerable to the psychic blade that powered the ROCK SLIDE, Josh pumping a fist at the window he had opened. "Now, Twilight - finish Ceruledge off with--"

Too late.

Denied the chance to Mega Evolve, the Absol's screech was a sign of her being decimated in a single hit, the superheated BITTER BLADE cleanly piercing her back and melting the surrounding skin, letting the ghost-type revel in the foe's life energy if it wanted. It was an enormous tempo shift that required Josh's immediate attention... even if it meant the Blissey would be hard to handle down the road. Shaking his head, the Leader sent out what may as well have been the mascot of his Gym: Saber, a Manectric whose presence was to be feared.

Not having to be told what to do, both the mighty dogs lunged at the Ceruledge, Saber taking the lead and attempting to BITE into the phantom's soul gem. Once the electric-type was clear, Braver slammed on the brakes, kicking SCORCHING SANDS toward the fire-type in an effort to render it immobile.

{WC: 209}
{PC: 4}

- Absol is knocked out in a single blow. Ceruledge may recover around half its health.
- Manectric and Arcanine BITE and SCORCHING SANDS toward the Ceruledge.

Twilight        Absol             KO  

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
489 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[gym] i. adrenaline
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 18:29:20 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

she could repeat what she did in the beginning. [break][break]

and marisol smiles, slightly, as one of the larger threats was brought down. the last thing she wanted was for them to mega evolve or, worse, batter down her down two to three. the ceruledge lets out a snuff as it's somewhat healed by the hit, draining it of its vitality as it fell into the dirt. the blissey is carefree enough to let out a cheerful glee and chime, bouncing her pink body into the air. [break][break]

unfortunately, this still wasn't the end of it. another pokemon is sent out, this one as quick as the last (she'd argue maybe faster), that rushes to the recently healed ceruledge. both arcanine and manectric batter the ceruledge with BITE and SCORCHING SANDS - both moves that she had half the mind to call for an ALLY SWITCH for..[break][break]

only she knows how to cut her losses. [break][break]

so she doesn't try to sneak the command in between - she knows that both pokemon are too quick anyways. there was no way emmy would be able to put up a protect before that; and she was already hurt. so, with a click of her tongue, she was already prepared to swap out pokeballs when the flaming piece of armor lets out a groan and screech before falling into the dirt. [break][break]

he's recalled, and in his place comes out a lucario who lets out a growl. energy surrounds the aura pokemon, wrapping around both canine and mega stone hanging from a charm. when the light fades, the lucario lets out a louder growl as it dashes with eyes closed, using its AURA SIGHT to pinpoint the location of the ARCANINE amidst sands. a blue bone forms in his paws, and a BONE RUSH threatens to clobber on the legendary pokemon. [break][break]

in the meantime, the blissey dances around in the safety of her space, powering up the bone rush with HELPING HAND.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

CERULEDGE is hit by SCORCHING SANDS and BITE; faints.[break]
LUCARIO mega evolves[break]
BLISSEY uses HELPING HAND on LUCARIO[break]
MEGA LUCARIO uses BONE RUSH on ARCANINE

[break][break]
[break]LUCARIO: +1 attack
[break][break]

not hit this round

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[gym] i. adrenaline
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 16:11:59 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The violet light of Ventri's MEGA EVOLUTION reiterated to Josh how he had gone from in control of the battle to being in a tight spot in a single, deadly combination attack. It was all his fault, too; poor threat assessment had made put him in this difficult position. Taunt was a great tool not just for stopping Trick Room-setting Pokémon. Was he off his game today? Or was he just too focused on going fast? That hyper-focus on speed was part of the reason he was winless against the Elite Four despite issuing a challenge to each one of them.

Though the Scorching Sands made it difficult to see, it wasn't impossible, especially after the Lucario took its heightened form. The blue bone was all Josh needed to see. He was about to showcase his favorite tactic with Braver the Arcanine, one that was often both offensive and defensive in nature.

"...BURN UP." the Gym Leader commanded with a smirk. With a loud howl, the giant dog wreathed himself in white-hot flames that aimed to cook the Lucario from the inside out. Taking every bit of the fire-type's heat, the screech that came out of the now-jet black Pokémon's mouth was a sign that it had overstressed its flame-producing organs. While ordinarily a curse, the desperate act served as a blessing, shedding his Fire typing and allowing the shaking creature to remain standing despite his five bleeding wounds.

Josh was done ignoring the Blissey as well, ordering Saber to tase the normal-type with THUNDER WAVE. Electricity arced along the surface of a thin, glowing sphere surrounding the Manectric's body as he ran close enough for the current to jump toward the challenger's passive Pokémon.

{WC: 288}
{PC: 5}

- Arcanine uses BURN UP to shed its fire typing prior to the BONE RUSH, suffering a still devastating, but not battle-ending, blow.
- Manectric looses THUNDER WAVE upon Blissey in an effort to disrupt their teamwork.

Braver
          Arcanine          Poor  

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
489 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[gym] i. adrenaline
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 16:34:58 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

she could have gone about this in two ways. [break][break]

one would have been to go on the pure offensive and cut her losses. the other was to save her defensive. when she sees the burnup and hears the soft grunt of a lucario amidst the flames, she grumbles only slightly and decides, quickly. [break][break]

"keep at it." she commands the lucario who, despite the flames, weathers them with a glowing paw. ventri takes this chance and closed distance to push in an aggressive, merciless FORCE PALM, paying little mind to the fire that still lingers and scaved his fur. on the other hand, the blissey seems slightly confused, watching as the electric pokemon runs to and at her in an attempt to paralyze her. here, marisol only prays that the pokemon is small enough for the disruption to miss. [break][break]

"em, heal pulse!" she commands the pink egg pokemon, who then releases a HEAL PULSE to stave off the majority of the damage done by the fires. the LUCARIO may as well be closer to brand new.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

MEGA LUCARIO is hit by BURN UP, it's SUPER EFFECTIVE[break]
BLISSEY uses HEAL PULSE on LUCARIO[break]
MEGA LUCARIO uses FORCE PALM on ARCANINE

[break][break]
[break][break]

54> thunderwave HITS[break]
uP4Oebrk

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[gym] i. adrenaline
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 5:19:02 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The HEAL PULSE had completely changed the battle's momentum. The longer the battle went on, the less likely Josh was to win; his style was all about hitting fast and hard. While the now-typeless Pokémon owed his survival in battle to his strongest fire attack shedding his typing, it would make other fire-type attacks far less powerful. He had one more trick up his sleeve, and one Marisol may not have been expecting.

"Braver, TELEPORT out of there!"

The Arcanine disappeared in dancing flames, appearing on the far side of the battle court in a flourish of his hot element. Josh hoped it would serve as enough of a distraction for Saber to get between both Pokémon, in range for a DISCHARGE to zap them both. If the exchange went as the ruthless combatant drew it up, one or both of Marisol's Pokémon would seize up from their muscles being overloaded with electricity, leaving them defenseless against a follow-up from the fastest charge Braver had to offer.

{WC: 170}
{PC: 6}

- Arcanine uses TELEPORT to warp the the opposite side of the battlefield, out of range of the other combatants.
- Manectric takes advantage of the Arcanine's absence, rushing between the two to loose a powerful DISCHARGE on them both.

Braver
          Arcanine          Poor  

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
489 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[gym] i. adrenaline
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 0:22:19 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

it was a bit of a problem.[break][break]

she looks to the blissey, who lets out a soft wince at the paralysis that shudders up her body. but, it's okay. she'll just bring her over to the pokemon center later on. it's nothing that she can't shake off - nothing too major, she hopes. while the large egg struggles with moving and adjusting herself, the lucario jumps right back into the fray - now chasing after the electric pokemon as though it was its prey. [break][break]

the blue and red blur rushes across the arena, paying little mind to the teleported arcanine and instead intending to ram and bash into the electric pokemon with EXTREME SPEED, still with that lingering power surge from the blissey's earlier setup. he pays little attention to the jolt of DISCHARGE that comes after, cushioned only by the earlier HEAL PULSE from the blissey.[break][break]

on the other hand, the egg pokemon rests slightly with SOFT-BOILED, praying that her small stature can make the bolts coming from the canine to miss. marisol meanwhile, knows better than to panic - though she quirks her brow still. [break][break]

"... it kind of looks like you're stalling~" she muses.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

BLISSEY uses SOFT-BOILED[break]
MEGA LUCARIO uses EXTREME SPEED on MANECTRIC

[break][break]
[break][break]

60> discharge HITS (miss); 25> full paralysis (soft-boiled goes through)[break]
R5ZiL3O9

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

·
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[gym] i. adrenaline
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 3:30:21 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
If Josh could go all-out with this battle, he would have it in the bag. His Manectric knew a hidden art that made Lucario's EXTREME SPEED look like a crawl. The agreed-upon rules of their challenge forbade Josh from ordering the use of that move; Z-Charms were off limits. All he could do was watch as the Mega Evolved fighting-type disappeared. He had one shot. "Flee, Saber! Use your QUICK ATTACK and bait it out of bounds!"

Both Pokémon shot toward the court's side, the Manectric playing a game of chicken with the Lucario to see which one would flinch first. With a powerful slide, the Manectric slid out of the way. Though Saber had barely outrun the attack, he had slid over the white line, causing the side judge to raise a red flag. Seeing little point in continuing the battle, Josh withdrew the ailing, burned-up Arcanine as well as his Manectric. "I see little point in continuing this battle."

"Manectric is out of bounds. Judges' call: one point, Challenger Simone. By a score of three to one, Challenger Simone wins the match."

The platforms receded as Josh began the long walk toward the center of the battle court. "You've more than proven your worth. That you were willing to risk the battle on such a risky tactic shows how much trust you put in your Lucario. That alone will serve you well in the Pokémon League."

Josh presented a closed fist at Marisol's chest level, then opened it up to reveal a well-earned QUICK BADGE. "Marisol, you've earned this. It is the official Hoenn League Quick Badge. Wear it with pride. This Gym has a history of being run by some of the toughest and most successful Leaders in Hoenn. Never forget that."

Once the crowd had emptied from the stands, Josh started strapping Saber's saddle back into place, the Z-GLOVE on his right hand glowing. "As a treat for such a brilliant battle, let me show you something. Had our rules been slightly different, I would have won." Once everything was in place, Josh mounted up, reined Saber toward the southeast corner of the battle court, and flipped his helmet's visor down. Crossing the Manectric's reins in his Z-Pose, he bellowed the first half of his move's name. "HYPERSONIC..."

A wreath of electricity surrounded Josh and his mount as he leaned in as low as he could, ready for the force of the Z-Move to send him shooting into the back of the saddle.

"...PLASMA CHARGE!!!"

Whipping the reins into a neutral position, the Manectric vanished into a trail of lightning even faster than Ventri's Extreme Speed. A sonic boom exploded from the center of the court before the electric wolf appeared in the opposite corner a split second later. "It's the Gym's signature move. If you cultivate Z-Power in a Pokémon that can use Quick Attack, your Pokémon can use that move, too," Josh explained, a bit dizzy after the supersonic jaunt but otherwise okay. "Best of luck with the rest of your Gym Challenge!"

{WC: 491}
{PC: 7}

- Lucario's Extreme Speed lands a critical hit on Manectric, ending the match.

Braver
          Arcanine          Poor  
Saber           Manectric         KO 

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
489 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[gym] i. adrenaline
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 0:27:32 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

with speed came little control. [break][break]

and what came with that failure in control was what looked to be the result of the match. though her lucario was quick, his senses were sharp and his movements were crisp - he knows better than to set a paw out of the line of the arena. always, he kept his back towards the inside of the ring, and never out. [break][break]

it was hard to play chicken when your back is open to a line. [break][break]

with the battle called, a shuddering blissey and a lucario who returns to normal give out an exhale, and both are recalled into their pokeballs for the sake of gathering themselves. her lips curl into a small smile or, as large enough as she could make it in the face of his dramatics following up to the showcase of the electrifying move. [break][break]

still, she took the badge with a smile, and a slight bow to be courteous. the z-move was impressive, however, and she cannot deny its power. it was similar to the power she had witnessed from her sylveon, back when she had committed to such a powerful starfall. a z-crystal could be useful in the future, but not now. [break][break]

not when she'd sooner want to research it. [break][break]

"thank you for the battle, devlin." she hums, wearing a smile, before setting off to her next venture. [break][break]

maybe she'll battle a gym. [break][break]

maybe she'll get lost in the distortion.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

final post, thank you for the battle <3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]