awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
open arms
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 2:41:43 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya's tenure on the council hadn't been the most short-lived of them all, but it had been short. time has eroded the image of her sitting among her peers. beside fernando and kim cole. things had been so much easier then. 

harder too. 

she's enjoyed ollie's company before. he's proven a dependable teammate on the field and has an infectiously cheery aura about him. and she can use some of that about now. 

they're to join for drinks, at her behest, to discuss the state of aqua. the upcoming meeting. she can't afford to go in blind. she won't go in blind. 

AQUA ADVOCACY
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
open arms
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 2:46:57 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango leaguechar"]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"] it's technically not his fault that he didn't know.

[break][break] ollie was good at many things, but paying attention to hoenn's politics had never been one of them. some might have attributed it to the fact that he wasn't a hoenn native, but the truth was that ollie had never really cared. arguably, he had spent the most time as an adult in hoenn of all places. but his interests have always relied in the concrete, the physical.

[break][break] rangering, traveling, fighting for the greater good — those were the things that he was good at.

[break][break] but he knows that he can't just avoid it. especially not now, with the position that he's been put in. head ranger just fell into his lap — he won't let himself just stumble into aqua.

[break][break] "hey!" he said, waving broadly at her to their meeting spot. "hope i'm not too late," he adds on, a bit sheepishly, as tofu gives a small chirp of acknowledgement too.

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".leaguechar"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
open arms
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 2:52:48 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"you're not," she says with a warm smile. she's outside on the covered patio. a fan swings overhead, staving off the worst of the heat, but condensation drips thickly down her glass of water. it was only just poured. she does a little half-stand and then just gestures for him to take a seat. 

"i have another pitcher of water on the way. gods, it's hot out here."

the menus are already off the table as well. it is, perhaps, rude of her to have done, but of the several appetizers she'd ordered, he must like one of them.

"thanks for meeting, though. i've enjoyed working with you in the past, morales. you and your sister. am i correct in that this is your first meeting too?"
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
open arms
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 2:57:38 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"] seeing like this, elegant and whole, makes something bittersweet worm into his chest. the last time they had met, it had been on 's recommendation. but now, it was like there was a crescent-shaped whole in his chest, where his best friend was supposed to be.

[break][break] did freya feel the same?

[break][break] "god, i miss galar already." the words slip out of his mouth without thinking, and he doesn't notice it as he reaches for the fries in the middle of the table, popping one into his mouth.

[break][break] he lifts his gaze towards her when she starts off the conversation, and he swallows.

[break][break] "ah. yeah. i just made head ranger." he gives a sheepish smile. "feels surreal, honestly. but i bet you feel the same way. councilwoman, right?"

[break][break] it made him feel a little better that they were in the same boat. sort of.

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
open arms
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 3:04:07 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the words startle her. last they'd talked, he couldn't remember much of galar. but that's how these things sneak up on you, she's found. reaching for people who aren't there. grieving losses that never existed in the first place. it's its own form of torture. 

sometimes she thinks she might visit galar. in the flesh.

"i'd travel there, if i could. maybe when this is all over." there's a chance it's never over, and that remains unsaid, though it hangs all the same between the two of them. 

"i can think of no finer man," she says with a smile. feels surreal

"yeah. i -" can't believe i'm back. but enough of the past. "i'm nervous. there are some who i believe oppose my taking the seat." 
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
open arms
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 3:09:35 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"] travel where?

[break][break] it's then that the words catch up to him. he blinks for a moment, startling himself. he hadn't thought he remembered anything, but sometimes the memories came tumbling forth anyway. it was like chasing a dream that he couldn't quite see.

[break][break] "i'd go with you," he said cheekily. "i've always loved traveling."

[break][break] but was it even possible? traveling to galar was one thing, trying to resurrect a memory was another.

[break][break] ollie reaches for one of the glasses of water that has been placed down, taking a sip of it and then setting it down on a coaster when he's done.

[break][break] "you flatter me."

[break][break] he glances with her, green eyes sparkling in the dark, and chews on the end of a fry.

[break][break] "oppose you? why?"

[break][break] the new head ranger smiles warmly.

[break][break] "i can think of no one finer," he teases. "councilwoman."

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
open arms
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 3:15:31 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

there is a haze over his eyes and she understands. his brain rewrites itself to make it make sense and she looks to the side, out over the stretch of the city around them, suddenly reminded of her own rewriting. her own rewiring. everything she was and everything she wanted all tangled up - 

"yeah? what, you want to run away together, morales?" she says just as cheekily, happy to be dragged from more dour thoughts. 

thoughts that have plagued her since the announcement of the meeting. 

she snorts. "no? i've my fair share of failings. i won't be the first to admit that. but and i don't see eye to eye." she cherry-picks her words. "we never have."
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
open arms
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 3:22:06 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"] it's easy to sit here and joke with , pretending like there was a time they could leave all their worries and obligations behind. it's easy to pretend that all their anxieties and problems could just be left behind in hoenn.

[break][break] it's easy to pretend that there would be someone in the world who would've wanted to go off and run away with him, that there was a future where that could be possible - even as a joke.

[break][break] hadn't wanted to. couldn't.

[break][break] "yeah," he grins, eyes twinkling with mirth. "think we could get away with it?"

[break][break] he opens his mouth, more eager to continue their little game, when the name drops. a shadow crosses over his face, and his jaw locks.

[break][break] "well. who cares what thinks?"

[break][break] "i'd rather you over him any day of the week."

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
open arms
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 3:32:16 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it's easier, when you're strangers. when you haven't yet had a chance to hurt each other. when you haven't yet made mistakes you can't come back from. fresh, waxen skin, free of scars (except both of them are anything but unscarred).

she reaches for a krabby cake and munches on it thoughtfully, her future suspended for the moment. they could do anything they wanted, really. they could pretend this moment would stretch into the next and into forever, settling into a small apartment in circhester and living plainly. simply. 

a boring fantasy, by her standards. 

she takes a big gulp of her water and laments only the loss of shedding hoenn's heat when letting the possible future shatter. 

the darkness over his face doesn't surprise her in the slightest, but it's still sudden. she raises a brow and then covers her mouth with a laugh, still chewing. 

"well, i appreciate that, but i don't think the bar for 'preference of company' is too high there."

at this point, their appetizers are gone, swept up and munched on without their noticing. the server comes to drop off the check and with plenty of daylight still left, freya asks, "do you have time to stay for a couple of drinks?"
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
open arms
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 3:37:52 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"] it's fun to pretend and to tease, to live in this spot above all the lightning and storm that they've survived again and again.

[break][break] but both of them know that there's nothing more than that here. a boring fantasy at best, which neither of them are well-suited for. they're probably too greedy and too thrill-seeking for that kind of thing.

[break][break] they'd want to jump off clifftops and sink into oceans, not spend seaside afternoons sipping on tea.

[break][break] "hey," he teases. "a compliment is a compliment."

[break][break] when all the appetizers are done, and their conversation complete, ollie leans back in his chair in contemplation.

[break][break] "i guess so. you any good at dart boards?"

[break][break] emerald green flashes with good-natured competition.

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
open arms
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 4:51:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: