Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
895 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
VIOLENT MIRACLE//Stealing Valor [GYM]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 3:01:32 GMT
Shred Avatar
Well.

You're honestly not sure why you let yourself be talked into this. How many times have you taken the gym challenge before? Six or seven times? Across four or five regions? And across that entire span, you got two or three gym badges total. No matter how you approach it, that ratio just doesn't make any kind of sense. It's a complete logical anomaly. This is a challenge for actual children, meant to be undertaken by literal ten year olds. You don't remember how you managed to fuck up that bad, and you're not sure you even want to know. The Shred Zeppelin championship dream has been dead for longer than most of the kids on the circuit have been alive. That is to say, you're pretty consigned to your cosy little spot in the gutter.

But, hey, you already got one win over Navidson, didn't you? Not a particularly decisive win, but a win nonetheless. At the very least, you might be able to scrounge a badge from him, and that'll make your ratios slightly less abysmal. You might even be able to tack it onto the bottom of your CV, as though it's worth a damn.

Or maybe you're just looking for a good excuse to burn an hour or two with some pointless Pokemon battling. Whatever the case, this is where you are now, and there's no point in lingering on it. So instead, you approach the front desk of the Dewford gym, and clear your throat.

"Hey, my name is Dan Halen. I'm here for my two o'clock match."

Nevermind the fact that it's currently 4:35PM right now. That's a different story for a different day.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,976 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 11:10:54 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Shred is probably double the receptionist’s age. She looks up from a phone game with disinterested doe eyes. Disinterest is flecked with bemusement at the man. Without saying a word, she asks aren’t you a little too old for this?[break][break]
There are some kids waiting in the reception area. Thanks to the wall deco, the place looks like a pediatrician’s office. A happy little Tyranitar holds hands with Yveltel, who holds hands with a Froakie. Macabre decorations, considering this gym’s reputation. The oldest person in the waiting area besides Shred barely crests the hill of his twenties. Most of the others aren’t even twenty.[break][break]
Awkwardness hangs heavy over the waiting area. The doe-eyed girl looks at him, looks up his name, sees nothing. Opening uneven lips to inform him of this fact, she is interrupted by a door bursting open.[break][break]
That kid’s fifteen. Max. Tears stream down his cheek. Both hands are balled into angry fists. Someone has been given a happy little taste of reality. Like so many pilgrims to this sacred place of battle before and after him, the kid runs away empty-handed.[break][break]
The man that follows him out the door little resembles the man Shred fought before. His stride is more confident. His smile unwavering. Dark blue hair has gone back to its natural brown. Either this post has aged him by about six years or some of the strange esoteric nonsense of Hoenn is afoot. The two shared some small space together in Galar. He more resembles the pale rider than he does Michael Navidson or even Navy.[break][break]
Well well,” The Sheriff smiles, “if it ain’t my good buddy.” Looking around the room, he’s forced to give the kids the bad news. “Sorry. This guy’s a special case. VIP. Anyone who had to travel down here, head over to the Aloha Alolan Hotel and let ‘em know the Sheriff sent you. They’ll put you up for the night.”[break][break]
Grumbling, everyone starts to file out.[break][break]
It’s good to see you again, man.” If he’s being sarcastic, nothing in his smile or voice gives it away. “Come on back. I’ll have to figure out what team I wanna use on you. Hammerlocke rules again, yeah?”[break][break]
Turning, exposing his back to the supposed enemy, Navy walks back to the battle pitch in the room beyond. At least there, they can have a private word. What’s the harm if some old war buddies chew the fat?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
895 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 1:45:22 GMT
Shred Avatar
Huh. Michael seems different. More brown than navy. That... Well, honestly, you couldn't give less of a shit about that. Sure, it's a little early for him to be going through a midlife crisis, but you're not going to pry. The less you know about Navidson's personal life, the better, and you assume he thinks much the same of you. Knowing too much kills the mystique, and the thin veil of mystique is basically all that separates this rivalry from being the Pokemon battling equivelant of two Mankey smacking each other with sticks and rocks.

Still, nice to be a Very Important Person for once. Though, you suppose when you're being compared to teenagers with their Grovyles and Combusken, you and your Slither Wing and Great Tusk stand out. Alas, for better or for worse, they won't be making an appearance today. After all, you're technically here as a "civillian", so it probably isn't smart to throw around prehistoric anomalies where any Tom, Dick, or Harry might see them. Shred Zeppelin might have been big into collecting dinosaurs, but Dan Halen doesn't know anything about that, nosiree. He's just trying to get a few gym badges between his shifts at work, because it gives his paraplegic daughter, denied her own opportunity to go on a Pokemon journey, a little glimpse into happiness.

...You've decided you don't like Dan Halen. You REALLY need to work on your undercover persona's. Jack Sabbath is a stupid poser loser, Dan Halen is easily disproven and needlessly depressing, and the less said about Byron Maiden, the better.

"Nice place you got here, bud." You let out a sharp whistle as you look about, waiting for the last of your fellow contestants to filter out before you allow your shoulders to sag. "Granted, the silly murals wouldn't be my first choice of decor, but the square footage here? Not bad, not bad at all."

You stretch your arms, shooting one last glance back to the reception as you follow Navidson further ahead, deeper into the gym.

"Hammerlocke rules is fine with me. But if you think that this'll be an easy shot to get your win back, you've got another thing coming. I got a few new guys on the team, and they're... Well, you'll see."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,976 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 10:41:00 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Oh, I’m counting on it.” The sheriff speaks, confident as you please. His back’s still turned now that he’s arrived at his PC. Putting his Pokeballs into the terminal, he’s tapping away at the keys, trying to find the perfect team for this match. No time like now to make some polite conversation.[break][break]
Glad it’s you instead of that Roland Stone guy. Dean Purple’s a loser. Dan, you’re just the guy I need. I’m ‘bout to do somethin’ big. I’m making my Elite 4 bid. Now, I don’t mean to pry, but you seem like a good battler – especially in your format.”[break][break]
Four pokeballs are retrieved from the PC. Turning around with them, he holds them up: two in each hand. Nothing separates these balls from one another. Each one contains unknown sleeping entities. They’re just waiting to be unleashed to do terrible battle. After how wild things got last time, it’ll be nice to not have to cut the show short thanks to the cops.[break][break]
The only good thing about being an officer of the law is that you get to call when things go too far. Navy has no intention of stopping here until there’s a clear victor. This could be clumsy, or it could be a decisive victory. He needs the brain locked inside those thin blonde locks.[break][break]
I’m going up against . He goes in for that Hammerlocke shit too. Trying to workshop my team. My three options are water, fairy, and something built around Junior. You’ve fought Junior twice, so we’re going to try something different out today. Trust me, next time we meet for real, you can play with Junior all you want. Pick your poison: water or fairy.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
895 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 0:08:50 GMT
Shred Avatar
Water or Fairy, Water or Fairy? Quite the conundrum, isn't it? If you knew those were your choices, you would've brought Grovyle and Slowbro with you. But you're not too worried. This isn't the end of the world. You've made your way out of tougher scrapes before, and if all goes well, you'll do it again.

"I'll take my chances with Water."

It's a calculated risk, gambling with the devil you don't know rather than the devil you do. But you're well aware of Navidson's powerhouse of an Iron Valiant, and you're not eager to tangle with it again. That's to say nothing else of the variety of powerful and irritating and irritatingly powerful Fairy-types that he might bring to this battle. And, if nothing else, your choice of two Pokemon match up terribly against the Fairy type. Meanwhile, you're plenty familiar with fish of all sorts, and if he wants to fool around with Water types on dry land, then you'll take all the advantage you can get, no matter how slim or imperceptible it might be.

That'll probably come back to bite you somehow, but for now, you're content to ride this wave of unearned confidence as you unhook two Pokeballs from your belt. He thinks you're a good battler. He's one of a select few you've managed to trick into thinking that. You'd hate to fumble that hard-earned appearance now.

"So, c'mon then: Introduce me to my 'Poison', why don't you?"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,976 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 17:40:04 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Oh, I’m counting on it.” The sheriff speaks, confident as you please. His back’s still turned now that he’s arrived at his PC. Putting his Pokeballs into the terminal, he’s tapping away at the keys, trying to find the perfect team for this match. No time like now to make some polite conversation.[break][break]
Glad it’s you instead of that Roland Stone guy. Dean Purple’s a loser. Dan, you’re just the guy I need. I’m ‘bout to do somethin’ big. I’m making my Elite 4 bid. Now, I don’t mean to pry, but you seem like a good battler – especially in your format.”[break][break]
Four pokeballs are retrieved from the PC. Turning around with them, he holds them up: two in each hand. Nothing separates these balls from one another. Each one contains unknown sleeping entities. They’re just waiting to be unleashed to do terrible battle. After how wild things got last time, it’ll be nice to not have to cut the show short thanks to the cops.[break][break]
The only good thing about being an officer of the law is that you get to call when things go too far. Navy has no intention of stopping here until there’s a clear victor. This could be clumsy, or it could be a decisive victory. He needs the brain locked inside those thin blonde locks.[break][break]
I’m going up against . He goes in for that Hammerlocke shit too. Trying to workshop my team. My three options are water, fairy, and something built around Junior. You’ve fought Junior twice, so we’re going to try something different out today. Trust me, next time we meet for real, you can play with Junior all you want. Pick your poison: water or fairy.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,976 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 17:40:30 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Water, huh? Alright. Never really considered myself a water trainer, but I’ve got a bunch of ‘em running around.” Catching himself on the cusp of a ramble, he chuckles. Looking across the pitch from his raised platform, he offers his latest challenger a smile.[break][break]
Sorry, old men like us like the sound of our own voice.” A private joke, just for them. Two old souls from Galar. Though he may look to be a man in his 30’s, his soul is older.[break][break]
Squaring up like a duelist about to draw his pistol, two ultra balls find their way into his hands. One goes out on the left side of the pitch, the other the right. Two torrents of red light, the contents screaming their delight at the match. Both of their eyes sweep to Shred.[break][break]
Mariner’s a haughty little thing. Like so many of the Pokemon he’s appropriated for his gym challenge, she’s a rescue from ’s Pokemon HOME program. She’s taken to her role as a protector of Dewford well. Her mere presence on the battlefield does the impossible. It starts to drizzle. Drizzling turns into a downpour. The heavens weep as the platform starts to lower. This pitch is nothing but a big elevator.[break][break]
Leviathan is from the stock of kings. He’s the son of ’s Kingdra, a prideful beast. When the downpour begins, his already prodigious speed amps up. Swimming about, getting used to his own speed, he spreads a smokescreen around the field. [break][break]
Mariner kicks up a tailwind, just to see King go faster. He slams into one of the steel walls, falling back down with a grumble.[break][break]
Good job, you two. Looks like we’ve set an interesting field for our opponent. C’mon, Mr. Halen. Show me what you’ve got. Badge is yours for the taking.” He speaks with plain, unconditional hunger.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
895 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 3:08:15 GMT
Shred Avatar
Pelipper and Kingdra, hm? Yeah, that's a classic Hammerlocke rules combination. Up there with Tyranitar and Excadrill, or Torkoal and Charizard. You're not too terribly fond of the downpour of water coming down on your head, but then again, you weren't fond of getting sand in your everywhere either, so you suppose this is just a lateral move. Either way, as long as the battle's good, you'll grin and bear it for now.

"Alright, fellas..." You murmur to your chosen Pokeballs, glancing between them and the two foes that they'll be facing, before preparing to throw. "Show him what you've got."

The two Pokemon that emerge from the scarlet flash are similar in many ways, yet they could not be more different. Both of them are Dark types, and both of them are fierce warriors, but in terms of personality? Well, it's difficult, to say the least. It's like oil and water, but the oil is on fire, and the water is arctic.

"The spinning saw of tomorrow, the revolution overdrive! Slay your fear, for the whirling blade of the future, THE GOLDEN REVOLUTION, is HERE!"

Lokix is the first to stride forward, making a variety of flashy and rambunctious poses as the twin saws on his back rev in sync with his introduction. He's the newest addition to your ragtag group, caught only a few days earlier as an unassuming Nymble, and he's proven himself to be a promising prospect. A quick learner, a quick mind, and quick on his feet, too. Of course, his particular personality quirks make him rather difficult at the best of times, but you're hoping you'll be able to sand the edges off during hard-fought battles like this.

"Well, well, well... Look what the tide dragged in..."

Grimmsnarl, meanwhile, is eeriely still, but the tone of their voice exudes more disdain than a thousand gestures ever could. Honestly? This guy is a fucked fucker, and that's that. Still, your team is full of fucked fuckers, and as fucked fuckers go, he's scarily effective at dismantling opponents. If nothing else, that earns him a spot on this team. And, beyond all that, he's also your secret weapon. If worst comes to worst, you're going to have to put it all on him.

"Alright boys, START US OFF!"

With that, the battle begins in earnest. Lokix immediately surges forth at a breakneck pace, leaping high into the air and aiming a downward kick towards Kingdra, eager to make a good First Impression in the battle. Grimmsnarl, meanwhile, takes it slow, a strange energy emanating off its grotesque body as it makes a Wish.

Not too shabby for an opening move, eh?

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,976 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 11:20:53 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Sheriff, kingdra, and pelipper alike are caught in awe of the twosome that emerge. They know how to make an entrance, the home team will give them that. So vexed are they by the entrance that they hardly notice the battle’s begun. The added stormlight overhead only helps the two look more impressive.[break][break]
Pulling himself back together, the sheriff tries to cry out a warning for Leviathan. Needless to say, it’s too slow. Grimmsnarl leaves a fearsome first impression indeed. Watching the creature up close, Navy thinks he understands why the Galarians are so scared of the thing. It’s terrifying in the dark overcast sky of a storm. He can’t imagine the terrifying figure it would cut skulking through the woods at night.[break][break]
Alright, alright. He’s had his fun. You guys are fast as hell. Put it to good use. Show ‘em what you’ve got. Mariner, you first.”[break][break]
Flying through the storm, Mariner beats her wings. Wingbeats kick about rain. Rain starts to move in one direction. The downpour moves as if guided by Mariner’s will. She surfs upon the wave that she has created, which crashes into the other combatants. Leviathan is caught unawares, but he is a creature of the sea. His part comes next.[break][break]
Leviathan, trap ‘em, boy.” Sucking in rainwater, he blasts it under his tail, aiming for a spot in the tide between Grimmsnarl and Lokix. A vortex forms in the water, trying to pull them both inside. Unlike the gull and sea dragon, they have no means to fly or swim. May they be pulled towards the center of the growing tide.[break][break]
Your move, rocker boy. These two are nothin’ to scoff at.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Kingdra is hit.[break]
Pelipper uses surf.[break]
Kingdra uses whirlpool in the rising tides to try and trap both opponents.

close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
895 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 21:07:09 GMT
Shred Avatar
Compared to the combination of a crashing wave and a swirling maelstrom, your combination of a fast kick and a surprise tool to help you later almost seemed quaint. Pelipper and Kingdra were an effective combination, synergistic in every aspect, a powerful team that could not be taken lightly. Meanwhile, Lokix and Grimmsnarl were two formidable foes who just so happened to be fighting for the same cause at the same time, teamwork be damned. But the latter had worked wonders for Toxtricity and Slither Wing during your last battle, so who's to say it won't work again? Despite how things might seem, you landed the first blow here. You still have the momentum. As long as you can keep the pressure up, you'll quickly start to pull ahead.

"Lokix! Hit the legs!"

"Yessir!" The insect barked, crouching low to the ground, before Bouncing straight upwards. That was enough to spare him from the worst of the Whirlpool, to prevent him from being trapped in the roil, though even the quickest escape couldn't prevent him from being clipped by the very tip of the Surf. Still, while you're sure it hurt like hell, it wasn't enough to put him down, nor was it enough to stop his ascent, nor even enough to dampen his spirit. "From heaven on high..."

The same could not be said of Grimmsnarl, who born not only the full brunt of the Surf, but was also dragged into the Whirlpool that followed. It was a real thrashing, and though you can't tell how bad it was underneath all that wet hair, you're sure that it hurt. You don't even want to imagine what kind of damage is going on under all that fur.

And luckily, you don't have to. Sure enough, just as the last of the wave settles, a glimmer of starlight bursts out from under the roiling waters. The Wish has taken effect. The monster's wounds are eased, at least in part.

But his anger remains.

"Grimmsnarl--"

"Such a wretched little bird...!" The dark fairy rasps, tendrils of hair unfurling from around his arm and surging outwards to strike the Pelipper. While on the surface it seems like nothing but an ordinary Sucker Punch, that only acts as a courier, meant to deliver the true purpose of the attack - Getting a grip on the flying foe. Hair wraps around feathers and wings and talons and whatever else they can grip before retracting, seeking to force Pelipper into the Whirlpool alongside Grimmsnarl. A whirlpool that, for better and for worse, only seems to keep getting bigger as it's fed by the rain. "Come! Come and drown in this sea of your own making!"

"--Yeah, keep doing that!"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,976 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 7:58:05 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Now this is real rock n’ roll.” Sheriff Navidson whistles from his side of the field. He met his present opponent in the caves beneath his feet, but he finds it hard to hate the man. He’s just so damn stylish. Style counts for more in the sheriff’s world than it really should. Balling a hand into a fist, he’s cheering his Pokemon on with reckless enthusiasm.[break][break]
Watch out, Mariner!” He barks to his Pelipper. She turns to look at him, which only plays into the imp’s plan. She’s punched before she can even realize what’s going on. Pulled down into the brine, she shrieks and struggles. Above them, rain still falls. Rain threatens to overwhelm them. This humble room in the gym turns into a rolling sea. Only drainage pumps built into the corners of the room keep them all from drowning.[break][break]
You’re queen of the air, aren’tcha, girl? C’mon. You’ve got this. Rule by land and sea!” Mariner and Leviathan seem to understand the strange command. Mariner closes her eyes. She seems to stop breathing as Grimmsnarl drags her down into the briny pool.[break][break]
SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” She screeches like it’s her last night alive. She screeches like she stubbed her toe, or her husband brought home the wrong beer from the store. Her screech whips up winds. A drizzling storm turns into a full-blown hurricane. Winds that would be manageable under other conditions are downright hellish now.[break][break]
REEEEEEEE!” Leviathan adds his own roar of rage into the chorus, knowing an attack must soon come for him as well. Swimming like a lightning bolt through the storm, he searches for the bug amidst rising tides.[break][break]
This isn’t a battle arena. It’s like they’re being tossed about to and fro in a ship at sea. Navy cheers alongside his Pokemon over the howling winds.[break][break]
COME ON SHRED, HEAR THE NOISE!

[break][break]

+ [break]
Pelipper is hit.[break]
Pelipper uses hurricane[break]
Kingdra uses surf.

close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
895 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 18:13:18 GMT
Shred Avatar
Things have gotten wet and wild real quick, but unfortunately for you, it's not in a sexy way. Even just standing here, getting lashed by the winds and pelted by the rain, you're not even getting it a fraction as bad as your Pokémon are. You've got your heads above the water now, but if this rain keeps up, then you'll be in trouble.

So, time to dry those skies. As powerful as it might be in this weather, Kingdra is only a symptom of this problem. The real issue here is Pelipper, the source of this drizzle. So…

"Alright boys, new plan: Beat the shit out of that bird!"

"Damned blithering fool!" Grimmsnarl snaps as the wind batters his body. In such blustery conditions, he can barely even keep a hold of Pelipper, let alone attack them. Hair begins to fray and split, and his grip grows looser and looser. "I am perfectly aware of my purpose! If you must prattle at someone, tell that miserly gnat to--"

"...I DESCEND!"

Like a lightning bolt piercing the murk of a storm, a brilliant flash of gold falls upon the battlefield. But unlike what might've been expected, this attack wasn't targeted at Kingdra. No, instead, the aftermath of the Bounce is aimed at Pelipper, a full-power stomp that, if it were to hit, would send the struggling avian falling back down--

"GOT YOU!"

--And right into a shattering Spirit Break from Grimmsnarl.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,976 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 19:01:10 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

There’s a time in everyone’s life where they have to face the music. The curtain call’s coming up. Mariner can see that. They’ve wizened up to where this is going: she’s both the weak link and the crucial part of this chain. Without her, beating up the rest will be easy. Leviathan’s busy swimming on the other side of the court. Swift as he is, he won’t be able to get there in time.[break][break]
They’re coming for her. They beat her. They break her spirit. The world’s growing dark in the midst of this hurricane. She could try and make her escape, but they’ve caught her. She can only pray her last cry will be enough to buy Leviathan the chance he needs.[break][break]
She inhales sharply. One more cry. That’s all she has let in her.[break][break]
Her shriek is the cold fury of the north. A wordless cry that blasts out over the field. A mighty blizzard comes for those around her. Leviathan senses the cold coming, flies to the edge of the arena. Technically, he’d be out of bounds, but nothing exists in this zone except the field itself. Swimming high, he takes careful aim. That bug is a pest…[break][break]
From his draconic heart, he conjures a meteor. Cold air gives way to heat. A whole shower of meteors comes down, mostly for the bug. Grimmsnarl will be fine, his kind have long been enemies of the dragon.[break][break]
Navy pulls back Mariner into her pokeball. This 2v2 has quickly become a 2v1. The rain stops.[break][break]
You did good, girl—”[break][break]
Their battle stations rumble. Navy holds on for dear life. The water already built up remains, but much of it is frozen. It will only drain after the match has been called unless it passes a certain water level again. All of them are cast in a meteor shower.[break][break]
Holy shit, I knew Leviathan had it in him!

[break][break]

+ [break]
Pelipper is K/Oed[break][break]
But she does blizzard first. The water around her freezes.[break]
Leviathan unleashes a draco meteor.

close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
895 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 20:14:16 GMT
Shred Avatar
Despite all of Navy's enthusiasm, you're not shaken. This match is a done deal. With Pelipper out of the way, Lokix and Grimmsnarl can leverage the numbers advantage and handily defeat the lone Kingdra. Still, the bird has one last move left in her, and with what remains of her energy, she calls forth a great gale of frost to descend upon the field. A powerful attack, to be sure, but it's closer to a deathrattle than a battlecry. Both of your Pokemon brace themselves through the cold, and as the wintry winds begin to die down, their two silhouettes stand tall amidst the mist and the haze.

Now, all that's left is to handle the Draco Meteors descending upon them. Luckily, that won't be too hard. Grimmsnarl's fae ancestry will protect it against the destructive power of this falling star, and though Lokix is hardly the quickest bug in the hive, he's still quick enough to dodge this attack.

"Nice try, Navidson, but you can't stop the jaws of defeat from closing!" You gloat, revelling in your coming victory. "Let me show you just how fucked you are: Lokix, dodge that comet with a Bounce!"

...Nothing. Through the fog and the chill, Lokix does not move.

"Ah, I get it. Sneaky, aren't you? Alright, nail that beast with a Sucker Punch!"

...Again, nothing. The bug's shadow remains still as a statue. Not even so much as a peep escapes his mandibles.

"...Lunge. Throat Chop. Axe Kick! ANYTHING!"

...Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. NOTHING.

"LOKIX, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

The last remants of the whiteout melt away, and your heart sinks. It turns out, the water beneath their feet wasn't the only thing that froze. Standing there, amidst this transformed battlefield, Lokix is FROZEN SOLID in a block of ice. Damn it! Part of you wants to look over to Navy, to see if this was all part of his ploy, but you stop yourself. No, you can't get distracted now. You can still salvage this!

"GRIMMSNARL! GET LOKIX OUT OF THE WAY!"

...Nothing. But unlike his "partner", Grimmsnarl is not frozen. Sure, snow is tangled in his hair, and his green skin is mettled with frostbite, but he is otherwise unhindered. And yet, he still just stands there and watches as the meteors descend, hitting his helpless ally head-on. It's hard to tell, but in the split-second before the impact, you thought you saw a crooked grin upon his face.

BOOM!

Your vision is blurred and your ears are ringing. Being so close to the collision hurts like a shotgun blast to the face. As the initial shock fades, you peer past the smoke and the chaos, trying to assess the situation, only to be met by the limp body of Lokix being hurled out. The bug lands at your feet, crumpled and unconscious. There's no doubt about it - He's done. But, he wasn't thrown back by the force of the meteor, no. If you didn't know any better, you'd say he was almost intentionally tossed back to you. Immediately, your eyes lock onto the likely culprit.

"What the fuck, dude?"

"Don't presume to lecture me, Paul." The monster's voice cuts through the cacophony like a hot knife and stabs in your brain like a searing spike, infuriating and intimidating in equal measure. "I have no interest in fraternizing with vermin beyond what is absolutely necessary. Now, hold your tongue, and keep your idiotic commands to yourself! I, and I alone, shall prove more than sufficient to gut this lowly excuse for a Leviathan."

You want to argue, to reprimand him, to punish him, to bite back. But, you don't. Loathe as you are to admit it, you need him to fight, and if you get on his bad side here, you're certain that he'll throw the match just to spite you. So, you keep quiet. You don't like it, but you don't have to like it, you have to win. It's a Dragon-type against a Fairy-type. How hard could it be?

Lokix is KO'd, and Grimmsnarl uses its turn monologuing.
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,976 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 22:02:09 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

…heh.” The sheriff cracks a grin. He may wear an older man’s face, his heart might have aged twenty years in a distant dream, but in his soul, he is the same man. No matter the age he finds himself in or his circumstances, he is a battler.[break][break]
Just like I planned.he lies as easily as he breathes. Plans don’t really exist beyond the first move for him. Maybe if he’s feeling generous, he thinks two punches ahead. The man couldn’t win a game of chess to save his life, but damn if he can’t improvise.[break][break]
Looks like you’ve lost a guy. I’ve lost a guy. Time for another of these duels. This is what I live for. Everyone likes Hammerlocke ‘cause it’s flashy, but you see what someone’s really about in these one on ones. Come on. You want the valor badge? You wanna go back to your buds and tell ‘em you beat the shit out of a cop on his own turf? Showtime, then! Gimme your all.”[break][break]
He inadvertently serves as an excellent source of misdirection. Leviathan’s a silent predator. Though he is a beast of the sea first and foremost, he still has a dragon’s pride. Using the tide left to him, he floats into an opportune position. While Navy speaks to Shred and Grimmsnarl reproaches Paul, he waits. Patiently lining up his perfect shot, preparing for the last gambit he has…[break][break]
This monster is an enemy of all dragonkind. Even the mightiest of his kin could be brought low by this trickster ogre. He’ll have to pull out every trick that he can…[break][break]
Inhaling deep, drawing water pressure into his spout, he spits a powerful stream of water across an impossible distance. This Leviathan is also a king of snipers, snatching opportunity from his master’s propensity to chew the scenery.[break][break]
Leviathan, show ‘em—yeah, just like that! Give ‘em hell! We’re not out of this fight yet!

[break][break]

+ [break]
Kingdra uses...surf?[break]
idk I thought I had hydro pump while I wrote the post but fuck it we ball

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing