awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
BOOHOO! BALLGAME BABY
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 8:51:11 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

It seemed Remiel was bringing his dismal luck at the DUNK TANK game to the rest of the carnival. He'd decided to try and train his ball-throwing at one of the various little games lining the LITTLEROOT boardwalk. Maybe he'd win a few prizes while doing so as well.

But, on his last throw, the royal had completely fumbled. His ball did not hit the DUCKLING target like it was supposed to. In fact, he'd nearly hit the carnival attendant instead. The GREEN APPLIN strapped to his chest on a baby carrier seems to laugh at him. The attendant hastily collects the thrown balls and announces that he's closing early for the night with a scowl on his face.

And Remiel? Remiel sighs.

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Lose at least one carnival game

[break][break]
BOOHOO! BALLGAME BABY + ♔
OPEN
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
488 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
BOOHOO! BALLGAME BABY
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 2:12:22 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin clapped her hands together with glee as the attendant handed her the snorlax plushie. It didn't quite match her buddy, but it was a great prize for all of her ring tossing. She thanked the man and hurried on her way to gather more goodies before the festival was over. 

She had neglected the festival when it was near her hometown, so she'd had to come out all this way to salvage some of the fun. She poked her head around the corner for a similar game tossing balls rather than rings, but the game shut down right as she turned to it. "Oh," she stated as she processed this new information. "Were you winning too much?" Her grin is manic in a conspiratorial kind of way, not that she'd ever encourage cheating, but she did see a kid throw his ring the exact same way and cash out with almost everything at prize wall.

✔️ Pick a prize from the prize wall at one of the Carnival games.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
BOOHOO! BALLGAME BABY
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 3:23:47 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Remiel, of course, takes the question and the grin that accompanies it as an insult. Surely she'd just seen him completely fumble and make a fool out of himself. And now here she was— whoever 'she' was— kicking a grown man while he was down. He narrows his eyes at her in a barely contained scowl. It is a stark contrast to the cheery and cartoonish yellow eyes of his Applin.

"I am prize-less. So no." He flatly responds, casually pulling a bill out of his wallet before handing it to a balloon vendor just off to the side of him. Without even looking, he takes the first balloon that is handed to him: a CHUBBY PIKACHU balloon that someone like would probably appreciate.

Ultimately deciding that he might have come off a little cold, however, Remiel sighs. "Congratulations on your Snorlax plushie, however. Where did you win it?" He inquires as he ties the balloon to the baby carrier strapped to his chest. His Applin cheers with joy at the sight of it, practically dancing in its seat.

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Buy a Balloon Pokemon

[break][break]
OPEN
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
488 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
BOOHOO! BALLGAME BABY
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 3:31:53 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin's eyes widen at his response; looking him over, she noticed that he was, indeed, prizeless. Ouch. She did her best to hide the flinch, though he softened a bit as he collects a balloon pokemon. It's a great idea, and she didn't want to leave on bad terms even with a stranger, so she followed right behind him. "I got lucky at ring toss. I really wish they had Munchlax, though. I wanted to match my pokemon."

She handed the vendor her own money, though the balloon he selected was none other than an Abra. Her face fell instantly. She kept pace with him, "accidentally" letting go of the Abra balloon without a second glance. "But you can't win everything. Where else are you going to try your luck? Maybe you just need someone to cheer you on!" She offered her best smile. Her job was to help people, after all. Even here, she had her ranger arm band on display, though it was clearly a rookie color. "I missed all of the festivities until today, so I'm trying to get to all the best parts."

✔️ Buy a Balloon pokemon
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
BOOHOO! BALLGAME BABY
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 4:31:34 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

So it seemed she hadn't been out for blood after all. Remiel immediately regrets his previous behavior as a result, sparing a moment to look up at the Pokémon balloon that he'd just purchased. As he'd expected, it wasn't doing enough to fill the void that the lack of a plushie left behind.

He turns back to the young woman, however, when she purchases a balloon of her own... only to let it float up towards the stratosphere. Had it been an accident? Or was she simply odd? The exiled prince could not tell. Nevertheless, his regret, her RANGER armband, and her upbeat attitude combine to make him amenable to a sort of team-up moving forward.

"I was thinking about visiting the JOYLAND POP-UP SOUVENIR BOOTHS, actually," Remiel admits. "It's not quite the same as winning a prize, but perhaps you'd be able to find a MUNCHLAX plushie there. Would you like to come with me?" He inquires.

[break][break]
OPEN
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
488 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
BOOHOO! BALLGAME BABY
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 5:30:02 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin squeezed her plushie in excitement. "Awesome! Let's check it out. I saw some kid with a giant togepi pinata walking by a while ago, and I haven't seen that prize anywhere. Maybe the pop-up has it." As they walk, she pulled out her phone and went to Pokegram. She selected the selfie she'd taken with the snorlax plushie the instant she'd won it and captioned it: NO SNORING AROUND HERE. #Funtasia

"You think- whoa." Up ahead, at the booth, was an ornery customer shouting at the woman operating the souvenir booth. She couldn't make out what he was saying, but she was certain it was unjustified. No one needed to make a scene like that in public. "Every day, it becomes clearer that I need a calming pokemon in my line of work." Maybe a Hatterne. Or an Audino. Hm.

✔️ Share your Carnival experience on a social media of your choice under #Funtasia.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
BOOHOO! BALLGAME BABY
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 0:21:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: