Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
CIRCUS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 4:51:01 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You don't understand anything about me," she retorted, slightly irritated by the audacity of his suggestion.[break][break]

The proximity of the enclosure was stifling, and she shifted uncomfortably, counting down the seconds until they returned to the ground.[break][break]

Was insulting her sanity meant to be flattering?[break][break]

"And the only reason I understand you," she continued, tapping her fingers restlessly against the side of the seat, "is because men like you are all the same."[break][break]

Predictable, self-interested, boring. Always taking, taking, taking.[break][break]

The memory of Mt. Chimney entered her mind unbidden, of bubbling lava pools and a hand fastened on her throat.[break][break]

"I should throw you out of this Ferris Wheel," came an abrupt, distant observation.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CIRCUS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 4:54:21 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

he interjects at the same time as her, spilling words with similar inflections as when she says it.[break][break]

"—is because men like you are all the same. wow, it's almost like i've heard that before."[break][break]

his chuckle only grows.[break][break]

"and what good would that do? we're partners, you and i. you can't get rid of me."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
CIRCUS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 5:00:50 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Maybe would promote me," she said with a shrug. "I'm curious. What bounty is the head of Elite Four worth these days?"[break][break]

His mocking imitation of her went ignored, save for the slightest clench of her jaw, followed by a soft 'tch' that hissed through her teeth.[break][break]

'Partners.' She wouldn't have used that word.[break][break]

"It's a temporary arrangement. I wouldn't get too comfortable."

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CIRCUS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 6:52:52 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

he shrugs.[break][break]

"a lot, i imagine. i've killed many of your kind, one of the underbosses included, and i'll kill many more, hopefully until there's none of you left. that's the fucking dream."[break][break]

if there's anyone capable of doing such a thing, surely it would be him.[break][break]

at the mention of being comfortable, he shifts closer.[break][break]

"i already am."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
CIRCUS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 7:01:44 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"...How charming," she remarked drily, shoving him away as he made his advance. "It's good to know your comfort comes at the expense of my own."[break][break]

Boundaries seemed to be a recurring issue with him. She'd have to do something about that, at some point, if this treasonous arrangement was to be useful in any capacity.[break][break]

"You do realize killing Rocket isn't on my agenda?"[break][break]

The end of this ride couldn't come fast enough.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CIRCUS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 7:12:58 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

he's shoved away, and though his natural instinct is to lean back in, he stops himself for the moment, laughing instead.[break][break]

"yeah but you're not really one of them, are you? i know you've pledged your allegiance to their flag but that's not who you are. you're just using them."[break][break]

his observation is shared.[break][break]

"you don't care about them."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
CIRCUS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 7:18:52 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"No more than you are a Leaguer as an Elite Four," was her cool reply, an eyebrow lifted. "But I know where I get my power and influence from. I'm not so stupid to think I'd have gotten as far on my own."[break][break]

Half of her expected him to push back, and a quiet exhale of relief left her when he didn't. She didn't return his laughter, though, as a quizzical glance answered him instead.[break][break]

"You can say I'm not one of them all you like, but when all is said and done, my corpse is a victory for your side. Regardless of my motivations, I am what I am."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CIRCUS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 7:22:44 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"like you, i don't have a side."[break][break]

that much should have been clear from their conversation in the woods. how he would easily cast the league away in his pursuit for more power and control.[break][break]

he frowns.[break][break]

"it would not be a victory for me. i would mourn, i would grieve, and i would miss you."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
CIRCUS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 7:29:53 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"We're both selfish, Matias. In the end, the person you can always trust most is yourself."[break][break]

The Ferris Wheel finally slowed to its conclusion, and Elisabeth arose from her seat, descending back on the ground as his unexpected confession rattled oddly in her mind. It rang false to her, to imagine grieving the loss of a wanted underboss who all of Hoenn realistically would prefer to see rot and die in prison.[break][break]

What were these theatrics supposed to accomplish? Was she meant to believe his concern was genuine?[break][break]

That seemed a purposeless goal, given she'd already agreed to work alongside him for their own ends.[break][break]

"I suppose you're right about one thing," she admitted, glancing up at him. "We're more useful to one another alive than dead."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CIRCUS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 8:06:26 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

and so, their capsule arrives back down, and as per usual, he follows after her, choosing to stick close to her side as they make their way past queueing patrons.[break][break]

"we'd be more useful to each other once you stop pushing me away."[break][break]

he leans his shoulder into her.[break][break]

"one more ride?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
CIRCUS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 14:08:01 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

He'd expect the absence of warmth that would follow her retreat from him, withdrawing into herself so that his gesture met empty air.[break][break]

"I said one ride, Matias," she scolded him. "Does wearing women down always give you what you want?"[break][break]

A click of her tongue signaled her disapproval as she walked through the carnival with unmistakable intent, her eyes locked on the approaching exit.[break][break]

"I don't see why you're intent on complicating our arrangement," she continued, clearly exasperated. "The less entangled we are with one another personally, the more successful it will be."[break][break]

Both physically and emotionally, to her mind. It baffled her that he kept insisting on intertwining those two aspects into matters between them.[break][break]

"You should know better than most how quickly those situations spiral out of control."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CIRCUS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 4:52:12 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

her first question goes ignored as they meander their way through the carnival before eventually nearing the exit.[break][break]

"you're overthinking it."[break][break]

he dismisses her concerns.[break][break]

"it's only complicated if you make it. we'll be successful either way, i know that much."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
CIRCUS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 5:41:02 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

His nonchalance held so much certainty it elicited a slow, amused smile that crept across her lips.[break][break]

"And you're over-confident. You assume you're untouchable, when you aren't."[break][break]

He made his own vulnerabilities so blindingly apparent, it astonished her sometimes. The more time she spent with the man, the less powerful he seemed to her.[break][break]

That observation would probably be an unwelcome one, she figured.[break][break]

"Just because you think you're uncomplicated, doesn't mean the rest of us are."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CIRCUS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 6:37:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"oh but i am untouchable."[break][break]

he's quick to retort even when a part of him knows that he isn't, that he's mortal and vulnerable just like everyone else.[break][break]

it's a tiny part of him, though.[break][break]

"you're not that complicated. at least not to me."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
CIRCUS [CARNIVAL]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 6:45:38 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Then that's just proof of how little you know me."[break][break]

The sounds of the carnival-goers died down, the flashing lights and whirling rides of the event now distantly behind them as they left the premises. For some reason, he'd followed her this far, but she expected that to change soon.[break][break]

He had obligations here; she didn't.[break][break]

"But it's better that way, Matias. The less we know of each other, the less we can disappoint one another."[break][break]

Though her words didn't have the meaning of a farewell, they sounded like one nonetheless. There was a slight wistfulness to them, as if she felt suddenly terribly older than him, while he seemed so much younger in his own stubborn and willful ignorance.[break][break]

Regardless of how he would take her admonishment, she shifted to leave and depart his company, presuming this choice would go uncontested.[break][break]

"Until next time our paths cross, then. Whether it be on a battlefield or no."