March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,917 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Doubly Distorted [M][C/Illeana]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 7:17:20 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Today, Shalin had come to Illeana's lab for the purpose of showing off exactly what her unique Sygna Suit could do, having brought every Pokémon she could think of that could subject her to extreme motion. She would still get the chance to do so, but not in the controlled environment she wanted. Not far south of 's laboratory campus was another rift, and one that she was urgently tasked to explore. It was so urgent that the researcher herself would be joining her.

Shalin had brought her Yanmega with her in hopes that the bug-type had healed from the serious injury he had suffered in the events of GOODBYE, GALAR. That was far from the case; there were still holes in his wings, unusable for flight or sonic attacks. She frowned, eagerly awaiting the day she could sit on her Yanmega's wing and buzz incomprehensibly fast oh her most versatile Pokémon. Instead, Flit was reduced to using only his Ancient Power in battle. Feeling bad for how limited the bug's capabilities were, she let the Yanmega out of his Poké Ball, keeping him company while they wanted for Illeana to arrive... hopefully in her Sygna Suit.

{WC: 199}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Nymris          Pheromosa         Good
Sandy           Flygon            Good 
Flit            Yanmega           Good
Queen Zing      Beedrill**        Good
Treble          Kommo-o           Good
Saria           Venusaur          Good
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
with what's to transpire.
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 0:26:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]while it's not necessarily new, the material of her sygna suit still feels suffocating. she attributes it to the restrictions it poses - the lack of healing mist and the consequences that could breed.

it shows in the way she approaches, one hand awkwardly tugging at the suit's neckline.

"hey, long time no see!"

how long has it been since they were last together? she can't quite remember, truthfully. too many moving pieces in the mind makes for some things getting lost in the jumble.

"are you ready?"

somewhere to her left, the ripple of the rift awaits. and somehow, its presence feels like eyes on her skin...

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,917 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 6:38:44 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The researcher arrived in a Sygna Suit of her own, this one of a Golurk. While it looked less lithe than the Flygon one Shalin wore, it looked like it offered vastly greater protection. "Great to see you again," Shalin greeted her. "I'm still compiling my reports on my second round of trips to the Ultra Desert. The Temple of Hours was... something else. A structure that could be completely turned upside down is just wild to think about. I shudder at what would have happened if one of us were to fall into the sky."

The rift pulsed with otherworldly energy unlike anything she had felt from any of the previous rifts. "As ready as I'll ever get." The green-ette took a seat on her Yanmega's back, trying to do as much as she could with the bug in his recovering state. " is still working on putting the fifteen Sceptilite fragments together from what I understand, but when she's done, I'll have a new Mega Stone to use when the Commissioner inevitably conscripts me."

When she passed through the rift, and if she immediately followed, Shalin felt a tingling sensation, a soft static noise filling the silence of the Distortion World beyond the rift. This made even her gasp, a mild tingling and prickling sensation distracting her as she took in the surreal landscape. Pieces of red earth floated in various directions, even facing in multiple orientations as though gravity itself were corrupted. Right when Shalin was about to say something, Flit's mandibles opened, readying ANCIENT POWER at the first hostile thing that moved.

{WC: 267}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 16:41:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a small, reassuring smile rises quickly - her hand slowly trailing behind to idly wave the concept of time from their bubble.

"no worries - take your time with the reports!"

the rifts have, so far, been relatively stable. it allows her additional time to configure a plan - mapping out strategy until all pieces align just right. until then, there's enough space to work...

"perfect, let's get down to business."

shalin leads the way and the scientist follows softly behind her, hoisted up onto the shoulders of her discolored golurk. the gauntlets around her wrists glow slightly with close proximity to her automaton but she pays it no mind - her eyes are sharply focused on the rippling rift around them.

and as the wound of space gives way, a familiar sight greets her - more an old friend than anything else. somehow, she feels subtle ease within this realm. it's not enough to quell stirrings of dread in the stomach, certainly, but it helps all the same.

"this place has been referred to as the distortion world, though it's concerning that entry has been made widespread..."

before now, only had been able to slip in and out of this dimension. what has happened to cause such a change? and how can she stop it?

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,917 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 5:56:03 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Once Flit had taken his first few steps into the Distortion World, the suited rider and her Flygon immediately began glowing faintly, her Sync Stone subtly heating as though it was consuming energy just to operate in the world. "Is this... the other side?" Shalin idly asked, light pangs of pain just intense enough to be distracting enveloping Shalin's skin. "Josh took me on the back of his Dragapult once, and this reminds me of what I saw when he had him use Phantom Force."

Flit fired off an ANCIENT POWER at what he thought was a hostile Pokémon; instead, it was just a shadow that had become disjointed from the object that had cast it. What was more interesting, though, was the line of boulders tilted as soon as it came within a certain distance of another of the floating islands. The warped gravity was psychedelic to see. "Illeana, I have an idea. It's too far to fly to with one of my bugs, but I think I have a way over there. It isn't exactly what I wanted to show you with my suit, but it's the same idea."

Shalin slid off her Yanmega's back, swapping it out for a gigantic Venusaur whose bellow echoed loudly in the rift's near-silence. The grass-type extended a thick and long vine near her, the green-ette climbing onto the bulb at the end of it as though it were a Pokémon. The glowing effect surrounding her and her Flygon slightly intensified as the Venusaur moved the vine about, Shalin somehow remaining upright on it despite hanging in the air. Was this the power of her suit in action?

{WC: 278}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 0:41:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"yes, it is."

similar to hoenn yet not - an oddity to say the least. her body takes its time to adjust to the distortion world once more, easing back into the familiarity of it all. by the time she's gotten acclimated, shalin is launching herself with a vine.

the scientist watches with acute interest, eyes darting to follow the movement. a moment later, she follows behind on her golurk's shoulder as it launches itself across the gaps in land. they right themselves quickly, gravity lurching around them.

"that was impressive! i'm sure that'll come in handy as we get further into this realm."

she takes the opportunity, then, to examine the world around them. are they alone, or is the ruler of this place present somehow? she cannot seem to discern exactly what's happening with this sudden development - as if it's an anomaly all its own. the concept settles uncomfortably against her shoulders.

"do you see anything of importance yet?"

for she is coming up empty handed at the moment... it's infuriating, really.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,917 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 5:08:20 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Saria wound her vine back, thrusting it forward with great speed before jerking it back even faster. A giant pulse flew down it, the rising feeling her cue to hold on tight. When the pulse reached the bulb she was sitting on, it flung her forward with sickening speed, enough for even a blunt appendage to gain cutting power. She and her Flygon glowed with a bright green color, Illeana perhaps sensitive to the tremendous discharge of Infinity Energy between the rider's Sygna Suit and her Venusaur's Sync Stone at the peak of the speed the Vine Whip reached.

Gravity seemed to pull at her from multiple directions as she went flying across the void, Illeana and her Golurk in hot pursuit. She had plenty of time to catch up; as fast as being turned into a living missile was, it was exhausting even with her Sygna Suit on. The energy discharge even left her Flygon winded. "Not yet..." she sighed, still trying to catch her breath.

Just as the scientist had finished crossing and tending to Shalin, their immediate surroundings became subtly darker...

{WC: 184}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 21:04:35 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as darkness falls around them, the scientist takes a moment to pause, to consider.

"i see... do you feel anything odd?"

this realm, while intriguing, could be unable to support human life for longer than a set timeframe. do they want to test the limits? or should they exercise caution, rushing through gathering information in small bursts of visits to this realm?

another sweeping look is cast across the vastness of this plane.

"we should be quick about gathering samples."

when her eyes return to shalin, they're almost too serious.

"without knowing how long we can stay in this realm, i'd rather err on the side of caution this time around."

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,917 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 0:34:33 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin's head began to thump. She highly doubted it was from being flung about on Saria's whip. "It's like I feel a Pokémon's PRESSURE. Almost like that of an Absol." Was the darkness a physical manifestation of that pressure? She was uncertain, and she didn't want to find out. Whatever it was, if it could influence her to that degree, it was beyond her caliber to handle.

"That it's piercing even my Sygna Suit is concerning," Shalin replied with a nod. It didn't help that as of yet, she had not perfected the bond with her Venusaur directly, making withstanding the lashing vine's motion far harder. "I think we can go to one more island then turn back." She pointed toward the largest landmass they had seen thus far. "Just look at the size of that stone." While it was quite the honeypot, she wasn't sure how Illeana's suit was holding up...

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 2:02:48 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she hums.

"it could be this world's spatial properties..."

though, she suspects it might be more than that. she remembers, briefly, the trip taken with and her patron. giratina had exerted a similar power, as if the presence of the god, alone, was enough to cause pressure to drip from its body.

she doesn't mention giratina here and now, however, for speaking one's name is a way of summons and they are trespassing.

"sygna suits are designed to be an extra layer of protection against different environments, but they are not finely tuned against every realm of existence. the more we learn about each new world or universe, the more we must modify the suits to work more effectively."

perhaps she'll try this on her own, see what she can conjure up. in the following months, however, it will end up being a lost cause for she will no longer need the sygna suit's protection against the whims of the universes.

and as shalin points to a larger landmass up ahead, the scientist and her golurk begin to move toward it. gravity fluctuates around them, shifting and morphing to accommodate their spatial mass.

"maybe we can get a quick sample from this one and head back?"

her golurk raises a fist as if ready to hammer arm its way into freeing a chunk of rock...

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,917 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 16:51:53 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was used to alien worlds from her many excursions into the Ultra Wilds. This, though, was a totally different kind of alien where the laws of physics as she knew them did not apply. "Almost as though this world operates by its own rules..." Shalin concluded aloud. "Even more of a reason for us to leave as soon as you're done with your collection.

The scientist's remarks, as well as her brief time in the Distortion World, helped her understand Sygna Suits in general a little better. "Right. Mine seems to protect against vibration and other forms of extreme motion specifically. It must be how I can ride on my Flygon's wing when it's Bug Buzzing and not be torn apart." It was an incredibly niche talent, having to come up with creative ways to make the power useful other than for fueling her adrenaline addiction.

With a nod, Shalin agreed, swapping Pokémon to her Flygon so that she could more easily traverse the realm's constantly-changing gravity. The idle hum of her wings seemed to boom in the ambient emptiness, despite her doing her best to keep them as quiet as she could.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 19:00:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]this realm does, in the end, operate not by their world's laws of physics but its own makeshift laws. she finds it fascinating, inspiring, freeing...

and months later, she'll be able to make her own laws similar to this place but that is neither here nor there now.

her golurk's fist slams down into the floating island and the world around them feels like it begins to quake. after another hit or two - the sound just barely drowned out by the flygon's wings - a rock sample is freed and quickly scooped up by the scientist.

"okay - got it!"

now, they could head back...

she feels, then, a faint sinking feeling as pressure continues to mount. somewhere beyond, deep in the abyssal confines surrounding the landscape, something stirs.

"let's go."

her tone is slightly rushed, as if she can sense something coming the longer they linger in place...

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,917 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 18:29:29 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The PRESSURE had grown intense enough that it was pounding at Josh's mind. Perhaps they had even overstayed their welcome in their last moment of greed. The source was hard to assign a direction to; in Giratina's Reverse World, even the concept of direction did not have the same meaning as it did in Hoenn.

Sandy fought every gravitational shift with a BUG BUZZ, making Shalin's hair stand on end between as the Flygon tried to keep her flight as stable as possible. The drone was loud and grating, making it difficult to communicate as Shalin, and presumably , too, made her escape.

Even the world itself had changed around them, the rift leading back to Hoenn no longer on solid ground. It was as though the ruler of this world had already sound them and did not want them to escape so easily. "Hurry, Sandy!" Shalin urged. With another roar of her wings, she and her rider zipped toward the rift, thrown toward the top of her cocoon when the gravity shifted again!

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 1:54:19 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]gravity begins to feel more like legendary pressure, growing and growing until it's too heavy for their mere mortal bodies to bear.

the pair begins their path toward the exit, with illeana clutching the rock sample in slightly shaky hands.

her golurk continues to fly behind shalin and her flygon as if undeterred by the pressure, but she can tell the automaton is struggling through the motions now. any longer and they'd both surely crumble.

this time, she doesn't look back for she doesn't need to - the red eyes from before have burned themselves into her back by now, settling nicely against scar tissue.

the rift seals itself shut behind them as they emerge on the other side.

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 2:07:13 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven