Where There's a Will [M]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 22:05:16 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

@--

[attr="class","frannmain"]

The more and more time Yuina spent in the region, the more and more she started to understand just how catastrophic things were... Distortions were tearing apart the fabrics of time and space in different parts of the region, interdimensional portals were open to tavel to the bowels of a giant monster, the weather was out of whack and messing up entire ecosystems... And those were only things happening on a level that didn't matter if human influence was a factor or not...[break]
It was no wonder that the region needed as much help as was being called for, and for better or for worse, it sounded like it was the right time for Yuina to have joined the Rangers to try and just do... something? Anything? Whatever she could to just make the tiniest dent in the things that were going wrong.[break][break]
Out to the very western portion of the region, past Fallarbor Town, it was noted that heavy quantities of ash had started to fall over the route, threatening the plant life, seeping into the creeks and water flows that moved to Meteor Falls, and over all just making a mess of the surrounding area. With what resources she could manage, and perhpas with the right kind of Pokemon, Yuina set out to Route 114 to start surveying the area to see what she could do. She wasn't sure it could be much, but surely anything could help.

notes[break]
Mission: Ashen Anomaly -> Route 114[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
Life isn't a game of luck. If you want to win, work hard.
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Where There's a Will [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 0:25:00 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Aaron was already on Route 114. More for school and his online science class than any real reason. It was all about weather anomolies and stuff. He had his research material with him for his assignment, since he was taking classes online to keep up. Right now, he was studying up on the ash buildup. Normally, wood ash would be beneficial for plant growth, most of the time. Just not in the amounts that this happening. So much so that even the water supplying Meteor Falls was turning gray from it all. Some Pokemon were trying to purify the water, weather it was from their own powers or some ingenuity. The latter of which was mostly some kind of very crude water filtration system using sticks and leaves. Poor guys.

Aaron didn't quite know how to help them in that regard. So he just recorded it, along with his findings in other areas. The short blond teenager also wanted to send the report to Rangers, see if they can't expand on it with far better and more numerious resources than some middle school student. With him was a Ferrothorn instead of his normal Trevenant. The steel and grass type Pokemon wasn't trained that much, let alone some actual bonding time. The big saucer like barbed beast was quite helpful in pointing out problem spots on where ash was really building up, and they were able to help out a few Pokemon along the way. Then the wierdest thing happened on his way back to Fallarbor Town. The amber eyed young man tripped and fell down a hill. This was the type of crap Kee does, not him! Upon face planting at the base of the small hill, he checked himself over. Some minor cuts and scrapes. Looking around, he did spot a Pokemon Ranger. Of course someone saw that...

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Where There's a Will [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 0:48:18 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Taking a look around the area, Yuina thought carefully about how she wanted to go about things to try and... Essentially clean up the area? It felt silly to say, this wasn't like cleaning one's room or clearing off the kitchen counter... But cleaning things up was exactly what needed to happen. Having brought a handful of her Pokemon with her, Yuina figured it was best to just let everyone out all at once so that they could start working on a plan together. Two dragons, two grass types, and two water types, one of whom she held in her arms as the small Phione couldn't quite make it on land by itself.[break]
"Alright everyone, we're here to do some dirty work, and get this area cleaned up some," she instructed, coughing a bit at the ash that did fill the area, every move she made on the ground kicked some up, and occasionally a stray breeze brought some through the air. She was probably going to be covered by the time she was done...[break][break]
"Rasza and Flix, get up into the air and start blowing away the ash that's in the air and on top of the trees. Lets try to get it all to go west, away from the town and the falls," she started, and the two started off into the sky as she turned to her two grass type Pokemon.[break]
"Bronson, your wings can start to sweep up the ash from the ground, and Spade, I think grassy terrain would do just the trick to start getting some nutrients back into the ground," she smiled, setting off the two grass types, and she turned with Ari the Azumarill and headed towards a creek that was almost gray with ash bunching up at the sides...[break]
"Ari, Kyan, I know it's kind of gross right now... But try to use your water to start washing away the ash, and Aqua Ring to start purifying it, let's see what we can do," she hoped that this could help, if maybe only a little as she leaned down and let Kyan hop into the water. Just as she did this though, she heard a stumble like something falling close by... And she turned to find a young man at the bottom of a hill, looking over himself.[break][break]
"Oh no, hey are you okay," she called out, starting to move towards him, she wanted to make sure he was okay, there wasn't anyone else out here for miles probably if he really needed help.

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Where There's a Will [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 15:53:13 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
He nodded at the ranger. "I'm fine. My dignity, not so much." He was positive there was a path down near there! His Ferrothorn walked down soon after. Or, wobble ran down and waved at him. How did he manage to miss that? Then the ash started to fly all over the place. Looking around, he saw why. Pokemon were getting the ash down from the trees, others were using a combination of moves to try to purify the water some more. A Tropius was trying to use Grassy Terrain and its wings to sweep up the ash. "Grassy Terrain is probably not needed. Ash is good for the soil, just not in the amounts that's taking place here. Kind of like over fertizing fields, it's burning up the ground and plantlife."

He couldn't help but wonder if Grassy Terrain would do much the same. Overgrow probably would have been better, making the plantlife bigger and more stout. Less likely to get burned. But he also wasn't a botanist. Or an agriculture nerd. He did have a Dhelmise and a Jellicent to help with clean up though. Though nothing else in particular that would be good for anything else. "I hope you're not the only one out here...this requires a team of people to get it under control, or at least slow it down. I was only out here to do a paper for school, but I did hope to submit a copy of it to the local Rangers, and hopefully they can further investigate the effects of this." And maybe develope a more permanent plan to deal with this. Of course, right after he said this, a clump of ash plopped right on his head. The stoic and monotone teenager sneezed and glared at the ash at his feet. Really?!

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Where There's a Will [M]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 16:23:24 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

While her Pokemon had set off into the surrounding area to start seeing what they could do, Yuina was relieved to know that the young man who'd stumbled into the area was alright and not too terribly hurt, though it seemed his pride did take a little bit of a hit.[break]
"I don't know if I can help your dignity, but I can at least help you up, sorry you took a bit of a spill," Yuina offered with a smile, reaching down and offering a hand to help him up from the ground. She listened to him though as he took a look around, watching her handful of Pokemon start their work, and he mentioned that Grassy Terrain wasn't necessarily needed for at least getting some of the grass and surrounding plants back in order? That was a fair point.[break][break]
"Hmm, maybe you're right, we'll see what things look like after Bronson gets some of the excess off of the ground and out of the bushes," she pondered, Spade surely could just survey the area and see if anything needed any particular attention when it was easier to see what damages might have happened.[break][break]
"What? Oh, no, well I mean, I'm the only one out here right now, but I'm doing more reconnaissance work right now than anything," she smiled, his concern was appreciated, but he was completely right, this was way more work than just one person could manage.[break]
"I was sent out here to start taking stock of what the situation looked like and to start understanding what kind of resources we would need to get this area of the region fixed up," she explained, then looked at him thoughtfully when he said he was going to try and work out some report or other to give to the Rangers for doing just exactly what she was doing too.[break][break]
"Well hey, we could work together then! How about we do your report together," she offered, though she coughed a bit as a clump of ash landed on his head... Looks like she wouldn't be the only one covered when they were finished up here...

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Where There's a Will [M]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 15:01:45 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
"I'm fine, thank you." He politely declined her offer as he got up. The ranger then agreed that he was probably right. Well, good to know that he wasn't out of line or anything. Seems like she was just doing some recon work, and maybe doing a little bit in a small area. Possibly just to see what a single person can do, and a better estimate as to how many people and their Pokemon they may need. That was confirmed with another statement, with Ace nodding in agreement. Figures that the Rangers at least had their shit together. Though the statement about working on his report was odd. Since he was already done. Although...it could give him some good bonus points for interviewing a ranger and getting their perspective on the situation. It never hurt at least. Photos and identification would also help with making sure she was who said she was. Not that he was normally a suspicious person, but one never knew. She seemed friendly enough.

After ruffling his own hair to get some ash off, he spoke up. "I actually have my report done. But some words or an interview with an actual ranger about the situation would help. If you'd like to go over it now, or wait a little bit for you to get a better perspective on the situation here. I do have a couple of Pokemon that could potentially assist with Whirlpool if you have a spot to dump the contaminated water..." Aaron took out his Jellicent and Dhelmise, both Pokemon looking at the ash covered landscape. "You two try to be gentle with Whirlpool. Try to clean up as much ash as possible, and dump it wherever she wants you to." The three of them half looked at her expectantly. Alternatively, she could lead them to maybe a better spot to do that in. His Ferrothorn just chilled behind the trainer, just watching the Tropius work.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Where There's a Will [M]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 17:01:14 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Hmm, the young man seemed to keep to himself a bit, he wouldn't take her offer for help up off of the ground, but to each their own. As long as he wasn't seriously hurt, that's all that mattered! She wondered what perplexed him so, about her being out here to just do some basic reconnaissance and start to get a handle on things in the area, she wasn't going to pry though and certainly wasn't going to upend her mission for bringing back good information to the ranger sector. All in all, she felt like her Pokemon were doing good work, Rasza and Flix were doing a great job of clearing the tree tops and pushing everything west, and Spade had taken to using his Extrasensory to start brushing off the tops of bushes and lower branches of ash so that the leaves could get the sunlight they needed.[break]
In the water though as Ari did her best to use Aqua Ring to start purifying, Yuina turned at the sound of Kyan giving out a small cry, the small water type was shaking a glob of wet ash off of his fin.[break][break]
"Oh no, Kyan hang on," Yuina turned, listening to the young man talk about his report and doing an interview with her in a bit as she leaned down and wiped the ash away from Kyan's fin.[break]
"Yeah? We could do that, I don't know that I'm much in terms of getting a real ranger's perspective, but I'll give it a go," she laughed a bit, but turned as the young man let out a couple of Pokemon and offered to help with the water situation. It seemed to be the most pertinent, and the most futile, trying to clean the water of ash clumps and dust... But as he spoke about using whirlpool and trying to put the water somewhere, Yuina started thinking, the gears really turning...[break][break]
"Hmm, I don't think we have somewhere to put an excess of dirty water right now...," she thought aloud, but she was getting on to something...[break]
"But that doesn't mean we can at least get as much ash out of the water as we can...," she finished. She had an idea![break][break]
"Spade and Bronson, find as much moss and lose foliage as you can," Yuina said, turning to her new partner.[break]
"We might not have the tools right now to do a whole water clean up, but we can get things started. What we need to do is create a filter, we can use moss and vines, between Bronson's Growth and Spade's Extrasensory, I bet we could make it really strong. Then your Pokemon use whirlpool to take the water and put it through the filter, it will catch the clumps and globs of ash, and then Ari and Kyan can use Aqua Ring on the water coming out of the filter to purify it," Yuina nodded, it wasn't much in the way of cleaning the entire western Hoenn water supply, but this would definitely give them an idea of how bad things were.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Where There's a Will [M]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 1:45:33 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
A cry interrupted them. An unfamiliar water type got a clump of ash stuck to its fin, and she tended to it. Was that not a ranger's uniform? "Is that not a ranger's uniform?" His dad was an archeologist, and worked a lot with rangers. Plus his school also did bring over some rangers as guest speakers, particularly when talking about nature and Pokemon. So he should know what they typically wore. Only thing he didn't know how to distinguish was their ranks. Not that he cared that much to learn them, but maybe he should make the effort. Particularly since he liked putting Rocket in their place.

She thought outloud about the water, not having a particular spot. So instead, she decided to focus on purification. "I saw some Pokemon try to put together a crude filter further up. Let me get the picture..." Just to prove it if nothing else. Though what she described was much the same what they were doing upstream. Minus the whirlpool forcing the water through the filter. Nodding, he tried to help out with that, along with his Ferrothorn using Power Whip to assist getting vines. It took a bit, but once they were done with the makeshift filter, his Jellicent and Dhelmise was up. Both Pokemon used their move, but did so slowly to guide the water through it. The duo struggled to do so since they focused more on power and keeping a Pokemon locked in and constantly doing damage. Something more gentle for this application was definitely not what they typically did for this.

So for now, he watched and waited, and observed her two water types purify what was left.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Where There's a Will [M]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 18:56:01 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

It definitely wasn't the permanent solution, but it was one that was going to do wonders to start getting the surrounding area back up and running. Yuina smiled at the picture he had, that was exactly what she was seeing in her mind's eye, and he had just the right Pokemon to help out with it all! They worked together and got the twigs, vines, moss and otherwise all set up, and sure enough they had a pretty hefty filter that could do just what she wanted. His two Pokemon worked on their whirlpool, gathering the water to feed it through the filter specifically, and the moss caught most of the gunky ash as Kyan and Ari purified the rest with their combined aqua ring on the other side.[break]
There was still much more work to be done, but gathering up the large filter they'd made, full of ash clumps and gunk, Yuina would be sure to take care of that.[break][break]
"Wow, that worked out pretty great," she smiled, noting the river, it wasn't perfectly cleaned by any means, and there was more ash to come down stream she was sure, but at least it was possible, it was possible to get the water fixed up.[break]
"We'll have to take all of the ash somewhere, I guess we can fly it back to the city to dispose of it, and this definitely gives us a good idea on what we need to get everything handled over here, to make sure the water supply isn't permanently damaged," she returned, turning to her impromptu partner.[break][break]
"Thanks for your help, this is a small step, but it looks like we made things work. I'm Yuina, by the way, it's good to meet you," she said, offering thanks for the help and support even though that definitely wasn't what he had set out to do. He didn't have to stop and help her and her Pokemon out, but he did, and that was pretty cool of him to do.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Where There's a Will [M]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 1:16:51 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Things looked like it worked well. It wasn't a permanent solution, and there was still a lot to be done, but it was a start, and hopefully gave her an idea on what all needed to be done. They proved a concept could be done, and that the Pokemon further up stream definitely had the right idea. He was thanked, and she introduced herself. "Aaron Toral." He gave her a small bow. This was a good start. And he could squeeze this little bit into his report. Maybe not in the report he was going to submit to the rangers, but definitely for school. "If you're done here, we can go back and print out the report I was going to submit to you guys. If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to do a small interview about this." Hopefully. this little adventure will give him quite the good grade on this report...

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Where There's a Will [M]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 7:40:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(RANGER)