lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
future starts slow [m]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 1:50:10 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

“Yoooo! This beats that shit in the deep sea by a long shot.”[break][break]

These are the first, loudly blurted words out of Lam’s mouth as he greets on the stretch of beach just outside of the warehouse that is Lilycove’s reopened gym.[break][break]

He’s set up a makeshift lifeguard chair to await his challengers in on sunny days. Turned sideways in the wide seat, his legs are slung over one of the arms lazily as he calls down to the familiar face as soon as he spies Greyson. Music from a tiny, portable Bluetooth speaker keeps him company on the slow day, as his cramorants bicker and splash around in the briney surf.[break][break]

But he’s not here to challenge Lam—at least he’s pretty sure. The day is warm (but not too warm,) and it’s shaping up like there’s good reason to close up shop a lil early on a Friday afternoon. His last challenge was hours ago[break][break]

Swinging his legs around, Lam hops down to make his way over.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- bruh[break]
- m: aqua advocacy

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
future starts slow [m]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 18:37:56 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]Despite the setting, Greyson doesn't come dressed for the water. He wears a simple pair of beige pants and a loosely-fitted blue shirt. He moves to stand next to as he sits, looking out peacefully at the playing Pokemon.
[break][break]
"Room for one more?"

[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #2a879e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
future starts slow [m]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 23:52:59 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

“Heck yeah, man. I’ll scoot.” He does exactly that, sliding to one side on the wide bench.[break][break]
Leaning forward, his elbows perch on his knees. Chin drooping into one hand as he too watches his cramorants duke it out in what looks like a splash battle. Soon enough, it seems like Pepsi Blue has enough of Orange Crush’s shenanigans and he honks as he waddles frantically out of the water, wings stretched wide in indignance.[break][break]
The bright orange cramorant at fault promptly pelts the other with a swift HYDRO PUMP.[break][break]
Lam snorts, face turning in his hand to eye Greyson. “Sooo, what’s up?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- bruh[break]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
future starts slow [m]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 2:19:25 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Greyson watches the two birds with the hint of a smile on his lips. Small bags have settled beneath his eyes, and his shoulders droop just enough to shift his posture poorly.
[break][break]
He was tired.
[break][break]
"I'm not intruding am I?" He chuckles nervously, all too aware that this was technically, their time off. "I was curious what your thoughts about the A.Q.U.A. Initiative are?"

[break]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
future starts slow [m]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 3:52:05 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The cramorants continue their play. At a distance, the rest of the flock huddles—clearly disinterested in getting involved in the antics.[break][break]

But his attention is on Greyson. How worn out he looks. “You okay, dude?”[break][break]

“Oh nah, it’s all good. You’re not.” Lam waves a hand dismissively. There’s no irritation there to let roll off of his shoulders, but had there been, it would’ve with ease. Like water off a ducklett’s back.[break][break]

The question gives him pause, though. Brows furrow and he looks over at Greyson with a degree of confusion, “A.Q.U.A.? What for?” Even as he asks, though, he forms an automatic answer.[break][break]

“Guess I’m not super clued in about it. I’ve met Tapu Koko a couple of times, and I know that it’s thanks to the Initiative, but beyond that..” he shrugs.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- bruh[break]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
future starts slow [m]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 0:39:58 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Greyson waves a hand of dismissal as well.
[break][break]
"Just a late is all." He shifts the conversation to something more favorable. "Lilycove's Gym Leader, right? The last person who held that position is now a member of the Elite Four, as you probably know."
[break][break]
He'd gotten lucky in this comparison; not all gym leaders had ascended to this far.
[break][break]
"Have you ever considered going that far?"

[break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
future starts slow [m]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 15:21:34 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

A skeptical hum rises in his throat as he looks over at the other, eyes narrowing slightly. “Whatever you say..”[break][break]
But Greyson is obviously keen on changing the subject and Lam lets it drop, unwilling to push him for the moment.[break][break]
His arms stretch up over his head, shoulders popping before his hands flop back down to his lap. “Yep, it’s been nice. I enjoy the job..” he pauses to consider the added remark. “Yeah, ‘course I’ve heard as much.”[break][break]
Not that he’s really thought about what that might mean in relation to himself.[break][break]
Brows lift as a dry huff of laughter follows the question. “Do you mean AQUA or E4?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- bruh[break]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
future starts slow [m]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 0:08:19 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"In some regards, they're the same." But, that's not quite right. There were plenty of ways to becoming a member of AQUA.
[break][break]
"But, let's just say.. Either? Have you ever given it thought?"

[break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
future starts slow [m]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 0:20:15 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

“Are they?” Lam hadn’t thought so, but then again, had he really thought too hard about it? No, no he had not.[break][break]
He mulls over the question. In some ways, the leading sort of reminds him of a conversation had with not all that long ago. Not that he thinks the two are directly related, but the coincidence is interesting.[break][break]
“If I’m being honest? Not too deeply.” Lam shrugs, green eyes skirting back toward the water as it laps against the beach.[break][break]
“Kinda just got into this job, y’know? The concept has floated across my mind, sure. But more like…” His nose wrinkles, “the vague idea of it.”[break][break]
He keeps his attention forward. “Why’d you ask?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- bruh[break]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
future starts slow [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 14:22:45 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"I see potential in you." He says simply. There visits into the other realm, and his easy going nature, had proven to the Elite Four member that he was dependable.
[Break][break]
"The truth is that.. we lost the last time we went up against Rocket and since then, we've lost powerful men and women. We need people willing to stand up against these threats. People like you."

[break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
future starts slow [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 15:48:36 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

“Potential. Huh.”[break][break]
He lets out a breath, a ghost of laughter sounding through it as he looked down at his feet. He swung them idly, and the faintness of his smile was maybe a bit amused.[break][break]
“People like me,” he echoes, “What exactly does that mean?” It’s not a snide question, just an honest one. “I’m just a guy, and I dunno. I was there at Dewford, and I wasn’t prepared.”[break][break]
Those old feelings from months ago are easy to dredge up. The inadequacy. The feeling of failure to his Pokémon. The fear. And he didn’t have it nearly as bad as some others did. Was that really potential?[break][break]
He shakes his head, shoving the negativity away, and his grin returns in a playful nudge. “Besides it’s the elite four. Last I checked, the numbers were right.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- bruh[break]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
future starts slow [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 23:51:46 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"No, you probably weren't." He says in relation to the man's confession. "But, that's why AQUA exists — to prepare. Prepare ourselves, and others, so no one is caught off guard."
[break]
[break]

He laughs, having done the math.
[break]
[break]

"There's more to AQUA than the Elite Four. I suppose my earliest statement is wrong, right? Tell me, if your city — Lilycove — was attacked, would you defend it? With everything you got?"
[break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
future starts slow [m]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 3:53:08 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Lam mulls over the response he’s given. The acknowledgement that he wasn’t ready for what came after him. The potential of that unpreparedness being mitigated, but was it really that simple?[break][break]
“Sure there is.” Another laugh follows, drier than before. One of his hands taps at his knee. Maybe a bit anxiously so. “I guess what I meant was, hm-” His brows furrow together as he tries to word what he wants to say based on his limited understanding. “Isn’t it sort of, uh, you know. Limited? For specific participants?”[break][break]
To his observation, it doesn’t seem like the sort of thing just anyone is permitted to sign on for. A need to know basis.[break][break]
Yeah, maybe he’s a gym leader now. But beyond that? Virtually a nobody in the grand scheme of things—and that wasn’t even a complaint. It wasn’t like he was spinning up some grand idea of himself in his head.[break][break]
“Well, yeah. I mean, it’s my responsibility to look after Lilycove’s wellbeing.” Though it’s something that he hasn’t had to feel the full brunt and scope of as of yet. But it is a non-question. Lilycove reminds him of home, of Hau’oli. In a short amount of time, it’s become home in its own right. Far quicker than Slateport ever did.[break][break]
“But that’s a given, isn’t it?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- bruh[break]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
future starts slow [m]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 17:09:38 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"It is." He nods sagely to the question. "But that just means it's not open for anyone and everyone, not that there's a size-limit."
[break][break]
His shoes make a hushed scraping as he digs them unconsciously into the sand.
[break][break]
"Don't get me wrong Lam— you're not being put into the Aqua Initiative tomorrow, or maybe never, but the League is in desparate need of comptentant, trustworthy trainers. Because—"
[break][break]
He gives him a look that brokers no question the seriousness of this matter.
[break][break]
"—while you may think it's obvious Lilycove is under your care, most would not, at least to the level one must be. It's one thing to prevent a natural disaster, but another entirely to counter any attempts for Rocket to get a fold hold in your city. Which type are you?"

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
future starts slow [m]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 23:36:31 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

“Well sure, I didn’t expect to immediately be tossed in,” he replies with a scoff of dry laughter. There isn’t any of his typical lightheartedness in the sound, however.[break][break]
His brows pinch together as he frowns. The cityscape rises behind them, pitched in the golden orange glow of the fading light as the sun sinks beyond the horizon line of the water. The reflective buildings behind, and stretch of the ocean ahead are both blinding no matter where he looks.[break][break]
So he looks down at his hands instead. How his thumbs twirl together anxiously. The itch of agitation crawls under his skin, warring with the need to be steady. In control of himself.[break][break]
“It shouldn’t be a matter of one or the other,” he finally says, and the rise of his chest finally gives way to a slow exhale. "Both are threats, right? So they should both be risen to.”[break][break]
His shoulder rises, then falls. And he lifts his head to squint against the light. “I’m not the strongest person out here, I know that.” Lam forces his hands to still, curls his fingers tight until they stop their antsy twiddling. “But I’d do what I could, for as long as I could, if it meant keeping the city safe.”[break][break]
His partner is here. Two of his closest childhood friends, all the way from Alola. Here, in Lilycove amid the countless civilians he agreed to oversee. He still doesn’t view this as a marker of potential, though.[break][break]
It’s just the natural choice.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- bruh[break]

[googlefont=Poppins]