saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,466 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BABYLON
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 4:08:30 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

and kneel he does, relinquishing control, offering trust, and once more forsaking a town to be conquered by his enemies.[break][break]

the league needs you, had once told him. you serve your own agenda, consequences be dammed to those around you.[break][break]

he was right.[break][break]

you're unhinged.[break][break]

after the throes of desire, need, and vulnerability, they untangle on the warm grounds of which they had once fought on. how quickly things develop, escalate, and change, hopefully for the better.[break][break]

"i only have one request."[break][break]

he says, voice the softest it has ever been.[break][break]

"don't die in dewford."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BABYLON
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 5:14:59 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

"This is what power is, Elisabeth," he'd told her the last time they'd met here. "The power to control whether someone lives, or dies."[break][break]

How much power had he surrendered to her, now?[break][break]

She openly wondered at the concern written on his face, her fingers smoothing out the fault lines worried into his features.[break][break]

"Why do you think I asked you to stay away?" she replied, banishing his doubts with a soft kiss. "Because I want both of us to survive."[break][break]

Maybe he'd hear the implication buried in that confession: I'll kill you, if you force my hand. I will always choose me.[break][break]

Or maybe he'd only hear what he wanted to hear. People believed what they wanted to believe.[break][break]

Ragged breaths left her spent; heat radiated from him in the afterglow, and she felt it consume her too as he drew closer. Cradled so close to the ground, she could hear the heartbeat of the earth itself, singing in the depths of the volcano.[break][break]

Each tremor and quake shivered through her, reminding her that this place had housed a god, once, too.[break][break]

Did his patron hate her, she thought suddenly, the way that Rayquaza had? Was she a pestilence to be eradicated from this place, as she had been from the Petalburg Woods? She buried herself in Matias's arms despite herself, as if suspecting that Groudon wouldn't dare to strike her with its Avatar so near.[break][break]

"It's not the request I expected," she admitted in a voice equally soft as his own.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,466 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BABYLON
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 18:00:45 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

dewford proves to be the first of many complications. to be absent as he has agreed to means that he has forsaken the league to fight for a town not worthwhile to save. to be present would mean to betray her trust and his own desires because if it comes down to it, he will always choose himself.[break][break]

the time for mourning will come later. in the far, distant future, he hopes.[break][break]

relishing in her warmth that somehow overpowers the earth and the volcano, he sighs, content.[break][break]

he thinks himself a man with simple needs, ones easily read and predicted as he has never shied away from letting them be known. so her admittance surprises him.[break][break]

"what were you expecting?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BABYLON
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 23:09:56 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

No trace of cunning showed itself in him as he held her, his expression seeming genuinely content at this performative closeness. It confused her, seeing him in such a soothed, pliant state. She struggled to trust it at face value, knowing what she did of him.[break][break]

Was it truly as easy as this, to tame the most volatile man in the League?[break][break]

It would be absurd, to think a woman called the Scorned could be more calming than the Peacekeeper herself.[break][break]

If he wants to be content for now, so be it, she decided, rolling over as she pushed that thought aside. But that does not mean he will remain content forever.[break][break]

He didn't yet realize how immense her ask had been. She'd asked him to weigh her wants and the region's side by side, and to find the region wanting.[break][break]

And all he'd asked in return was for her to live, as if her survival was equal to demanding his betrayal.[break][break]

Would it take the corpse of for him to fully understand her? To realize that sleeping with one man had enabled her to kill another?[break][break]

Surely, he'd collect on that debt in due time.[break][break]

And if she failed in her task, what then? At a certain point, the sacrifices she'd made to get this far would pile up behind her, and she'd have to account for their cost one by one.[break][break]

"...Nothing," Elisabeth said as she shied away from answering. "You're simpler than I expected, that's all."[break][break]

Out of the corner of her eye, an Unown-M flitted in and out of sight, bearing witness to her indiscretion in the darkness. Elisabeth watched it and said nothing, no remorse or regret in her expression to be recorded as it passed her by.[break][break]

That was another loss she'd have to account for, later.

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,466 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BABYLON
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 7:04:11 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

an insult to some, he takes it at face value, refusing to dig deeper into the meaning and intentions of her statement. she's not wrong, after all, to deem him simple.[break][break]

"i don't see a point in being dishonest or elusive with you. you already understand me better than most ever could."[break][break]

he exhales, mind wandering back to her earlier request.[break][break]

"it's a shame about dewford. it would've been a fun fight."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BABYLON
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 14:35:30 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

He puzzled her. Hadn't she been nothing but elusive and dishonest with him from the very start?[break][break]

She'd more than earned back the same from him, she thought.[break][break]

"It's not Dewford, exactly," she offered him, absolving him of a guilt he likely didn't possess. "We don't intend to take the city. But yes, it may see some casualties."[break][break]

Her own relentless guilt remained real enough to press her onwards, shifting in his embrace to begin to rouse herself. A hand reached for her discarded clothing, seizing an excuse to look at anything but him.[break][break]

"You may be able to explain your lack of involvement better than you suspect."[break][break]

She hesitated then, his commentary belatedly striking her as having revealed something unexpected. It rattled back and forth in her mind like a marble, before she picked up the thought and named it aloud.[break][break]

"Do you enjoy war, then? Not the heroics," she meant, turning to glance over her shoulder at him. "The carnage."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,466 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BABYLON
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 6:58:09 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

if not dewford, then granite cave and what lies beyond it through its rift. it's the exact same fighting grounds as a few months ago, and that had ended in a pyrrhic victory for team rocket. he imagines it will be an easier victory this time for them.[break][break]

good, he thinks. the league deserves to lose.[break][break]

her observation is met with a knowing grin.[break][break]

"why do you think i stayed in kanto for as long as i did?"[break][break]

even after they officially lost the war, he stayed, fighting battle after battle with dwindling forces until the rebellion was no more.[break][break]

"i feel alive on the battlefield. more than anywhere else."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BABYLON
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 7:28:35 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She listened to him in silence for a time, layers of clothing rebuilding the barriers between them.[break][break]

"It's the risk for me," she said at last, shaking out her mane of black curls. "Not battling itself, necessarily, but the thrill of overcoming the odds."[break][break]

Her father had been that way, too, she suspected. Gambling and addiction had been her truest inheritance from that man.[break][break]

"I enjoy outplaying my opponent most of all."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,466 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BABYLON
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 7:50:49 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

carefully, he watches her as she rebuilds layers of clothing, unaware or uncaring to the added barriers between them.[break][break]

"there's always satisfaction in getting the better of someone whether it ends in death or otherwise."[break][break]

granted, death usually means more, but the little wins are nice as well.[break][break]

"who has the better odds here, do you think?"[break][break]

more so when there are factors that sway toward their opposition.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BABYLON
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 8:02:00 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Shifting in place as she turned fully towards him, she tilted her head, unsure how to interpret his question.[break][break]

Did he mean the odds between them? What a complicated answer that would be.[break][break]

Slowly but surely, understanding dawned, and with it the bewilderment in her expression faded.[break][break]

"You mean if I believe Rocket or League will prevail," she clarified for herself, seeming relieved at this discovery. "It'll depend on the victory condition. The League is better oriented than us defensively, but Rocket has the advantage of making the first move."[break][break]

That could decide who won in some games, she thought absentmindedly.[break][break]

"My mission is my own, however. Whether I succeed or fail will be on my own merit, no one else's."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,466 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BABYLON
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 3:16:00 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"no, i don't just mean this next fight," he stirs, shifting off the ground to turn fully toward her, "i mean the war. when the dust finally settles and clears, who will end up victorious? either in hoenn or across the world."[break][break]

unable to let it pass, he prods at her words, hoping to find their true intentions.[break][break]

"and what is your mission?"[break][break]

and how does it differ from rocket's?[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BABYLON
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 3:23:00 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I don't know that it matters, really," she shrugged, buttoning up her blouse. "Even if Rocket were to fail in Hoenn, I could flee elsewhere. Back to Kalos, maybe." A frown indicated her distaste for that option. "Or Kanto," she offered, finding that more palatable between the two.[break][break]

It would mean starting over again, but she wasn't afraid of that. New starts were easier. Clean slates had less mess to wade through.[break][break]

"If I'm to be blunt, I don't care who wins this pissing contest, so long as I manage to survive it."[break][break]

We, she suddenly realized she should have said, but the moment passed before she felt comfortable acknowledging her misstep aloud.[break][break]

Maybe he wouldn't notice. Maybe he wouldn't care.[break][break]

"It's only different because it's personal. Rocket will be pleased either way," she said, deflecting his inquiry. "I'm more concerned about how the League will respond to you."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,466 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BABYLON
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 3:30:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"it doesn't matter, no."[break][break]

regardless of the outcome in hoenn, a region he feels little to nothing for, he will chase the thrill of the fight wherever it may be. johto, kalos, and even kanto.[break][break]

wherever she may be, a part of him feels.[break][break]

her misstep is noticed and though it stings a little, he feels the same as well. he would deeply mourn her but his survival is all that truly matters.[break][break]

he shrugs.[break][break]

"i'm untouchable as far as i'm concerned. the commissioner will accept whatever excuse i come up with because she knows i'm her greatest asset. one missed fight isn't changing that."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BABYLON
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 4:04:03 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"That must be nice. Being untouchable."[break][break]

Elisabeth pondered the word awhile, wondering if it applied to herself. The faces of and in the aftermath of 's Avatarship made the answer to that clear enough, and she let out a humorless laugh.[break][break]

"Something tells me wouldn't support your actions here, however. Someone like me might be difficult to explain."[break][break]

Her mind drifted to the Unown-M that had been here mere minutes prior, contingency plans already spinning through her mind as she turned her back to him.[break][break]

"There's a limit to everyone's patience. You just haven't met your limit yet."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,466 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
BABYLON
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 4:54:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"there's no concrete evidence that ties me to you. only that you were my florist, but that's nothing new."[break][break]

all of his apparent wrongdoings have been assumptions based on his character and nothing more, at least until proven otherwise. that day may likely never come, he knows, because of all the steps he has taken to prevent it.[break][break]

a grin returns to him, playful at best.[break][break]

"it's nice that you're worried, though."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing