shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS:[break]MECHANICAL KINGDOM

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

LITTLEROOT[break]↻ MECHANICAL KINGDOM

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1054889526239170630/the_game_is_afoot.mp3[/player][break]
Partners ~ The Game is Afoot! - The Great Ace Attorney 2
[break]

WHETHER IT WAS DISPLACED BENEATH LITTLEROOT DUE TO DIMENSIONAL ENTANGLEMENT, BROUGHT BACK TO FUNCTIONING ORDER DUE TO DIALGA, OR BOTH, can not be determined. However, this kingdom made entirely out of intricate mechanisms is void of human life. Clockwork gears, iron tunnels, and curious domes make up this kingdom that continues to function like an animatronic music box.[break][break]

Mechanical Pokemon like Magearna, Volcanion and others present in the kingdom seem to be robotic, set to a rhythm or programming like an animatronic figure.[break][break]

Several clock towers loom above the entire kingdom, though their machinery seems to be in disrepair.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 03 spot a zygarde cell that flees, leading your character into a sticky situation.
  • 23 encounter a broken down volcanion that has been crushed by metal or gears who gains a moment of lucidity/life, but "dies" or malfunctions before it can impart any information.
  • 33 enter the throne room of the castle, which will summon song-like alarm. waves and waves of mechanical volcanion/chesnaught will be sent to deal with you before the alarm stops. curiously, the resulting mechanical scraps will be pulled back by a magnetic force.
  • 34 in the castle, encounter several books of music. within the books, several songs can be learned: one that can repair machines, one that can cause rust, and another that can cause the automations of the world to pause briefly.
  • 🗺️ utilize a paradox pokemon in an advantageous way.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
5,235 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
MECHANICAL KINGDOM: EA
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 10:20:02 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's like stepping into a fairy tale that her mother would've whispered to her before bed.[break][break]

Gears click, bearings spin, machinery whirrs. Everything here ticks with a sense of purpose lost to time, but the first thing she notices is how each gentle tick of seconds never seems to elicit the slightest bit of movement from the clock towers up above. Are they broken? No, more importantly, what even produces enough energy to power all the things in this strange kingdom?[break][break]

Lost in the sights, a strange heat seems to pool at her fingertips, followed by a gentle itch that causes her hand to twitch. She wants to know more... how they work, how they're made, how much it would take to recreate even a fragment of this fantastical land. She wants to strip things right down to their very core and note down every bit of information that they might have to offer. Who built this place? What happened here? What kind of stories have been laying dormant in this place and remained untold?[break][break]

Her grip on Reiner's shoulder tightens, her eyes bright with wonder as she gingerly reaches out to touch a mechanical gear hanging down from the closest wall. Where did it come from? What purpose did it serve? Though the Luxray might grunt at her to be a bit more wary of what she touches, she can't help but snort quietly.[break][break]

They're down here in an otherwordly rift, with a man whom they know to be aligned with Rocket. To pursue what anyone might deem to be crazy, and perhaps gather a few stories to tell along the way. And yet, he draws the line at her touching things in her environment. Pulling her hand away from the seemingly offensive object, she leans over to give him a hug and a reassuring whisper.[break][break]

They'll be fine. As long as they're together, they'll be fine.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,904 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 1:46:41 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Here he was, back in this place....It felt like home to him, everything had a purpose, an order to it. Amor marveled at this kingdom of mechanical beauty, and he sighed that he couldn't stay here forever. His body wasn't equipped to deal with it, and for all he knew there was nothing to eat here, so he'd eventually starve probably. Thinking about his previous visits here with part of him wanted to bring them along, but what he was doing was strictly off the Rocket books. Involving them would only endanger them, this way they had plausible deniability in case he was ever found out.

Speaking of which he held out something to Eris, it looked like a pair of headphones. Having already put his own in, to block out the song of the kingdom, so that he would never have to deal with that treacherous loss of his body again.

"The song in this place....It can take control of your body from you, I suggest you wear these to prevent it from happening. They also double as communication devices in case we get seperated." Amor still remembered breaking out into dance, and getting them all surrounded by the mechanical guards before they ran into the castle to escape it all. However there was another reason he didn't want to hear the song....

Ever since the meeting with all the other Rockets, Amor had been plagued with a single nightmare. Due to the fear of what happened in it, he would take no chances of losing control of himself here.

"Do not stray to far, the creatures in this place are incredibly dangerous....They are machines, so they don't tire out like we will if we wind up in a chase." Which albeit wasn't a big deal since he could just Teleport them out if needed.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,235 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 13:08:18 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The headphones are regarded with a dubious look, and it takes a bit of time before she reaches out to actually take it. Though, she does end up tucking it into her pocket for now. Songs that make you lose control - Even if it's considered a rather dumb idea, she wants to hear even a snippet of it at least once.[break][break]

'If you record it, does it still have that effect outside of the mechanical kingdom?'[break][break]

It's back to writing as her form of communication, genuine curiosity brimming as she hops on Reiner's back and allows him to carry her around. Less chances of her running amok and whatnot, especially with the whole warning of possibly hostile machinery around these parts.[break][break]

'Where should we go first?'

[break][break]
[break]
✧ Sygna suit inactive

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,904 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 13:52:22 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"To the castle, I haven't fully explored it yet, and it makes for a defensible location should something go awry." He explained to her with an easy smile as he released Draco from his Pokeball, and the Dragonite took up his position in front as the guard in case something came after them. Amor wasn't going to take any chances, and he put his own headphone into his ears. Noting that Eris wasn't doing the same he frowned a little.

"It doesn't to my knowledge, or at least I have not found a way to replicate that particular effect outside of this place. I am going to assume that it's something in this world that makes it so special." He explained to her, though he had no idea what that could be. For him the point of interest came from the Knight....The Volcanion that was seeking it's lost Princess, and Amor wanted to find a way to make it strong enough so that it could leave this place, and find her. Just thinking about it made his heart ache.

"You will probably be fine, but just to be warned....There are a lot of skeletons there...." He explained to her so that she wasn't caught off guard by it.

Unknown to Amor a small green squiggly looking creature was spying on the pair in the distance.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,235 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 14:52:09 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Kingdoms and castles - Fairytales revolving around knights, dragons and princesses always started at the castle. Never mind the whole strategical aspects of heading straight for it, her eyes light up simply just thinking about the countless stories that must reside in those echoing corridors and grand foyers.[break][break]

And that is somehow strong enough a hope to ward away most intrusive thoughts regarding death and decay. Ivory bones scattered and buried under piles of gears and broken mechanical beings still invoke a sense of solemnity, a brief pause taken to press her hands together and murmur a quiet prayer. Though she isn't sure if peace is something they could find in a place like this, it still couldn't hurt to offer something.[break][break]

Sure enough, the castle yawns over them like a freshly risen beast - Hard to miss, even as they slip in through a hole in the crumbling wall. The courtyard is unsurprisingly devoid of life, meaning that they cross the threshold unhindered and quite literally make an unannounced entrance into a dim and decrepit main foyer. Chock full of dust, she might add as Reiner does his best to resist a sneeze.[break][break]

It's here, as she allows her gaze and mind to wander that she comes up with her next question.[break][break]

'What are we looking for here?'

[break][break]
[break]
✧ Sygna suit inactive

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,904 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 22:28:33 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Amor regarded her question curiously, and he found himself more thoughtful than usual.

"There is a Knight in this place....He is trying to find his lost Princess, I thought perhaps the castle might have some records of her that we could use to help him as well...." Though whether the Princess was alive, or not wasn't an easy question. The question became was she still human, or was she a mechanical doll like the rest of this place? Amor didn't elaborate on why he wanted to help this so called Knight.

"Any records on the family that use to live here, it's obvious that humans, and pokemon use to live here, but something happened to cause it to wind up like...." He made a large circular motion. "This...." He finished the statement as he navigated through the castle like he owned the place. It was easy since he had been here a few times before, so he was at least somewhat familiar with the layout. Thankfully the Corviknight was no longer here.

"Just be careful, sometimes the guards come through, but they are easy enough to deal with." He explained to her with an easy smile. At the very least she didn't seem all that freaked out by what was going on, and he was thankful for that. Undue stress in her condition, it wouldn't be good. "How long until you are recovered? Do you know?" He asked her simply, but he wouldn't pry if she didn't want to talk about it. It was probably his greatest asset was not bothering people with topics they didn't want to speak on themselves.

In time if they came to trust him they would tell him, at least that is what he thought. Trust was something hard earned though.

TLDR
Making our way to books!
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,235 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 11:28:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]A knight? Finding a lost princess? Her eyes widen, then drop to the ground as her lips pull into a frown. In a place like this, the chances of her having survived...[break][break]

The sound of her slapping her cheeks is a sharp one that makes Reiner jump, a yowl rumbling from his throat as he cranes his neck to look at her. The apology she makes is one that grows muffled amidst all his fur, one whispered solely for him as she gives him a reassuring hug. If she could survive hell on earth, she's sure that there must be others who'd be just as, if not more capable in finding ways to hide away and live their days in this kingdom.[break][break]

Recovery isn't a topic she expects him to bring up among all the other things. From the whole talk of kingdom and guards to the sudden shift of attention onto her, her nose twitches as she tries to sift through the whole slew of possibilities as to what he's referring to. But if given enough room to breath, it will all turn sour and propagate into a viscous mess of poisonous thoughts.[break][break]

Since they're looking for records, she supposes that they're looking for a library or office of some sort. With Amor's prior knowledge, it really doesn't take much time before they find themselves in such a place, a tattered carpet rolled out through the center of the room and flanked by towering shelves that have somehow withstood the test of time.[break][break]

'Aren't the guards and the knight supposed to be working together?' For the sake of the princess, right? She starts out by keeping close. Her fingers trail over the dusty spines and shelves that she can reach, eyes glossing over the many titles now dull or thoroughly faded. 'Does the knight attack people too?'[break][break]

While she isn't sure whether Amor is reading any of the words she's writing, she sure won't bother him if he's busy rifling through the pages of withered books. Instead, she wanders a little deeper into the library, Reiner keeping pace as she continues to search for any interesting titles.[break][break]

But words aren't what leads her into picking one. It's the sudden clatter of a hardcover against the ground, the swish of pages as the book splits to reveal its content. Spinning around, she spies the unfortunate book: Lines are traced across the pages in neat patterns, notes drawn and grasping a quiet hum as realisation dawns on her as to what it is. A simple music book that holds the melodies of a kingdom long fallen.[break][break]

When she looks back up to check where it's fallen from, she finally notices just how tense Reiner is, following his gaze to see the strangest little green blob. What she might have once assumed to be simply moss becomes much more when it suddenly flees, and the spots that she reckoned had been some kind of strange fungi now click as some sort of eyes...[break][break]

Snapping the book close, Eris darts around the shelf, frantically searching for traces of that strange creature and spying a sliver of its tail slipping right through the door on the other end of the library. Naturally, she follows, earning a low grunt from Reiner as he catches up to her and hauls her onto his back. Whatever the hell that is, they sure aren't going to let it get away without giving them any answers.=
[break][break]
[break]
✧ Sygna suit inactive[break]
✧ in the castle, encounter several books of music. within the books, several songs can be learned: one that can repair machines, one that can cause rust, and another that can cause the automations of the world to pause briefly[break]
✧ spot a zygarde cell that flees, chasing it...

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,904 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 20:49:32 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Of course he paid attention to her writings, he wouldn't ignore her, and he contemplates her questions for a moment before giving an answer.

"I think....Something is messing with them, you know that song I told you about....It's always playing just not as powerful as you might expect." He explained to her, but the truth was that he didn't even know the entire story of this place which is why he was coming here with her. To learn more so that he could help the knight, and fix it, or at least find the Princess that it was looking for. "No the Knight doesn't attack people....He...." Amor pauses for a moment before taking out a Pokeball, and revealing his Magearna to . "In it's search for the Princess it creates these dolls....By transferring pieces of it's own soul into them....Doing so slowly kills it, and I want to prevent that." That was the simple truth.

Dying for love was an honorable way to go, but Amor didn't want to watch that happen, not if there was a way that it could be fixed. Then he began to bury himself into his own research, and unbeknownst to him, he would find a book with similar songs like the one that she had just found. Before he could share his findings with her however he looked back, and she was gone, and he began to panic. Had she been kidnapped by the automatons?

"Draco let's go!" He gave the order, and hopping on the back of his Dragonite, the large Dragon blitzed out of the room at full speed using Extreme Speed to tear through the hallways at a breakneck pace, before he saw her chasing something, but he recognized the door that they were going towards. "Wait! Don't!" He called out, but it was too late, he was too late, or to fast? As he crashed through the doors to the Throne Room, and he saw all the mechanical guards snap to attention towards him, and he let out a tch noise.

Technically this wasn't her fault he, and Draco had just been in to much of a rush to consider slowing down. There were at least twenty guards in this place a mixture of Gallades, and Volcanion that snapped to attention, and all trained their weapons on the man, and his Dragon....

"Just another day in Paradise...." He stated drawing his weapon, as the alarm began to sound, and he knew that sooner rather than later they were going to be fighting a horde of the mechanical menaces. "Eris....Get ready...." He called back to her as he released his Iron Thorns to fight alongside Draco, and Princess.

Prompts
03 spot a zygarde cell that flees, leading your character into a sticky situation.
33 enter the throne room of the castle, which will summon song-like alarm. waves and waves of mechanical volcanion/chesnaught will be sent to deal with you before the alarm stops. curiously, the resulting mechanical scraps will be pulled back by a magnetic force.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,235 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 5:44:47 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Come back here.[break][break]

Like a child chasing a flopping Magikarp down the pier, Eris follows without the slightest hint of fear in her body. And just as Reiner gets close enough for her to reach out and snatch it, it dives right into a crack in the floor. All that's left of its existence is a squeak, just barely audible over the wailing melody echoing through the hallways.[break][break]

When she looks back up, it seems that Amor's busy entertaining a few guests. Gears shift and click as they bring waves of mechanical creatures to life, empty eyes settling upon the intruders as they brandish their equipped weapons. Blades forged into claws and spines, uncanny little metallic features crafted just to mimic fur... And is that a Volcanion? Are they meant to be this small? What about the big one that supposedly rose out of the water and destroyed an entire tower to space?[break][break]

When she stops to give it even a second of thought, is there supposed to be multiple of them?[break][break]

The hand resting upon Reiner's shoulder tenses, the Luxray growling as he unleashes an Electric Terrain. For now, she has to focus. After all, the answers to such questions are a luxury afforded only to those who remain alive to seek them.
[break][break]
[break]
✧ enter the throne room of the castle, which will summon song-like alarm. waves and waves of mechanical volcanion/chesnaught will be sent to deal with you before the alarm stops. curiously, the resulting mechanical scraps will be pulled back by a magnetic force.

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,904 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 19:52:56 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

An Electric terrain spread out around them, and Amor smiled. Eris had just inadvertently gave them a huge boon without realizing it, and Amor tossed another pokeball into the air releasing his Iron Thorns. The moment it touched the Electric Terrain power coursed through it's metallic body as it's power got boosted beyond normal limits.

"Good job, Eris...." Even though she hadn't meant to, but this had secured their victory at the very least. "Zilla, tear them down...." He gave the cold order before his mechanical behemoth slammed it's hands into the ground, and large spikes of rock began to erupt from underneath the guards, and start to impale them all at once, one after another as the Stone Edge ripped through the machines like paper thanks to the power boost from Reiner. Though it wouldn't be able to take them all down, it would put a sizable dent into the guards to give himself, and Eris a fighting chance.

Draco meanwhile wasn't standing idly by as he took advantage of the terrain by charging his fists with electricity, and he found the nearest guard, a Gallade, and waylaid it with a charged up Thunder Punch. Amor, and his pokemon had dealt with these things enough during their last visits....It had almost become second nature to rip them up without a second thought. Hopefully with both of his pokemon, this would give Eris, and Reiner an opening they could use in order to rip open a hole in the oncoming offense.

TLDR
- utilize a paradox pokemon in an advantageous way.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,235 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 12:54:09 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Do mechanical creatures dream of anything? Do they feel pain and fear like any other living creature? The thought crosses her mind as the floor distorts and shapes into sharp edges that spear through the mechanical Chesnaughts and Volcanions. And it's in this faint thought wherein hesitation can breathe, her eyes widening as she watches each construct get ripped up and fall to pieces before her.[break][break]

Holding tight to her, Reiner lets out a furious yowl, Discharging waves of electricity that causes many of them to lock up in place. One Volcanion in particular seems rather worked up and dedicated to its mission, crashing right through Zilla and Draco as steam uncontrollably pours out of its piping and it prepares itself to Explode.[break][break]

There's only seconds before it gets right up in their faces, gears clicking ferociously as its mouthpiece clatters up and down. And in that moment it begins to glow, the duo know that they don't have time to defend themselves -[break][break]

It erupts with a loud bang, a violent burst of scalding steam and metal shrapnel consuming their existence.
[break][break]
[break]
✧ paralysing whatever attempts to approach them[break]
✧ A wild Volcanion charges past Amor and gang, and Explodes in front of Eris and Reiner

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,904 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2023 12:26:15 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Everything was going well....Too well....That was when it happened in a flash one of the Volcanion blitzed past him, and his team. Before he could even react it just exploded, and despair gripped him as he tried to move forward but the scorching steam prevented him from encroaching further until it had subsided.

"ERIS!" He roared out, and Zilla stayed behind to protect Amor, but Draco rushed into the steam, his Multiscales protecting him from the worst of the heat, and he began to search around for signs of the little girl, and her pokemon. It would call out roaring in a way for them to come to him, or at least to let him know they were okay.

Meanwhile Zilla was holding back the last few stragglers with repeated Stone Edges utilizing his boost in power to it's max before the power inevitably faded. There was no need to waste it at the moment.

"Hey are you okay!?" He called out to her once more hoping that he hadn't failed once again.....

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,235 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 5:31:32 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Brriii!"[break][break]

It isn't Reiner, nor Eris that responds to the call. Pink dust shimmers amidst the billowing steam, silence shattered by the syncopated clinking and scraping of metal against the ground.[break][break]

How annoyed the chattering sounds, sharp and stern and only broken by the occasional cough and wheeze. When the smoke finally settles, Amor's treated to the sight of a rather fussed pixie repeatedly poking Eris' cheek as she coughs and attempts to wave the steam away. Reiner seems equally, if not more perturbed by this turn of events, his nose twitching and his face scrunching...[break][break]

Until he finally lets out a sneeze.[break][break]

The tirade comes to an abrupt stop, Mesprit's giggles ringing true as they zip and flop over Reiner's unruly mane. And they'll murmur something in his ears, pointing him towards the now empty throne room. Sure enough, he'll listen, carefully stepping over sharps and debris until he gets them through the door.[break][break]

Strangely enough, they aren't the only ones here. Amidst all the broken pieces, there's something that still remains intact... Out of curiosity, Reiner leads them closer and goes in for a sniff.[break][break]

And he jumps at a scuffed hint of movement, the Volcanion whirring and clicking as it attempts to push back onto its feet. But with all its splintered joints and crushed shell, it'd honestly be a miracle if it could move like the rest of its hostile counterparts. One final push, one last burst of strength leads to a momentary success, right before it leans sideways and crumbles in a loud mesh of bits and bolts.[break][break]

That dismisses most fears, allowing Eris the chance to slip off the Luxray's back and actually lean in to look. Not even a second in, and the distinct sensation that this one is different from all mechanical creations they'd been facing thus far begins to set in. But why -[break][break]

It's the eyes, she realises. That light that follows her every movement as she slips in and out of their vision. That familiar squinting that struggles to make out any particular features.[break][break]

Despite how much of bad idea it might seem to be, she can't help but call out a Comfey to provide Floral Healing. After all, if pokemon like Klang and Bronzong could be healed in such a manner, surely this would help?
[break][break]
[break]
✧ a wild mesprit appears![break]
✧ following mesprit's lead into the throne room, realises there's a broken volcanion in all the scrap[break]
✧ realises that it's actually different and tries to heal it

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,904 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 21:30:30 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Amor lets out a sigh of relief as the little pixie seemed to protect it's friend. Amor was visibly shaking, but he managed to calm himself down enough to see the trio go over to a broken down 'Knight'. Immediately he was on guard, but he saw that it was trying to talk to them. It opened up it's mouth, but it's lower jaw fell off the hinges to the ground. Sound still reverberated from it's throat.

"Must....Find....Princess...." it seemed to wheeze out before it looked out at the group. "Princess....Is.........." Those words were never finished as it's body seemed to short circuit. The difference in this Volcanion, and other pokemon is that it was not originally this way. This body was created in a factory, and it was given a false life....It was a doll in which the spirit of a Knight of a resided.

As the light left it's eyes the mechanical creature's head slumped down, and there were no more words to give. Amor frowned, he knew that there were real souls in these bodies....Something had happened to make everything in this place mechanical for some reason....He understood that. How it happened he had no clue, but he wanted to solve the mysteries of this place because maybe if he did, he could stop the tragedies. This endless loop....The magnetic force that sucked away the broken parts of the guards they had defeated had no doubt been somehow taken back to a factory to recreate them.

Amor had found the Volcanion Factory, he was sure there were others like it that made the other guards, and creatures as well....

"We should go Eris...." Amor calmly states to her, and summons his Gallade to teleport them all out should she agree. That was enough adventure for one day.

TLDR
23 encounter a broken down volcanion that has been crushed by metal or gears who gains a moment of lucidity/life, but "dies" or malfunctions before it can impart any information.

Amor gets ready to teleport them all out if Eris acquiesces

Atvai9Ds

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS