All Hands! [M/O]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 17:20:14 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

@--

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Spending more and more time working with the ranger organization and getting involved, Yuina was doing her best to keep on top of assignments and other things that she'd been given as time went on. Thus far, she hadn't necessarily been given a 'post' of sorts, somewhere to hang out the most for ranger stuff, but that was well and good, she liked being able to go around to other parts of the region, places she hadn't been to yet. She was in Littleroot Town, passing through the small rural town when she got an alert for rangers that were in the area, a fire had broken out on the outskirts with an unknown cause, and it was all hands on deck for whoever was out there![break][break]

Rushing to get her Pokemon prepared and get out to the area in question, Yuina saw billowing black smoke rising into the air, a very large plume of it, and she could hear the rushing of fire, the crackling of wood as trees had caught fire. She was riding on Kano, the Arcanine was running full speed to try and get to the fire before it spread too far, but it seemed already that it had taken up a good chunk of the field and was threatening to catch more surrounding trees.[break]
"No time to waste, Noct, get in there and make sure to grab any Pokemon or people you can find. Flix, start making a perimeter with dirt and sand, try and cut it off before it can spread," Yuina hurried, letting out her Pokemon as she coughed a bit, the flames were already pretty intense, but that only meant she had to get things under control. The Dusknoir made quick work of disappearing into the flames, preppred to grab anything that she may find within the fire, and the Flygon took off into the air to start working on making a sandy perimeter to cut off the fire.

notes[break]
Mission: Fire Force -> Littleroot Town[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
what would you trade the pain for? i'm not sure.
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
All Hands! [M/O]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 6:20:34 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

rangers had to be ready for anything. this was their basic statement, the brave creed that each ranger took to heart when committing to the job. the forces of nature never rested, and so rangers all over hoenn (and in other respective regions, as well) had to prepare themselves accordingly. [break][break]

mika nakayama didn't expect a fire to break out in the small town of littleroot, but regardless of her expectations, her presence near the town meant that she had to act. an order was put out to any rangers in the area to quell the fire, and protect the citizens and wild pokemon from the spreading flames. [break][break]

she had just the pokemon for the job. talonflame would fly overhead and circle around areas of interest, while walrein and arctovish followed after, the two aquatic pokemon traveling on the crest of walrein's surf to get around in the rural fields. it was a good idea because they could douse any fires or embers as they traveled throughout the farmland, while also keeping pace with the talonflame's speed. mika let the three of them work together to deal with any threats on the outskirts, while she stayed closer to the edge of town together with her shiny dusk lycanroc and prinplup at her side. [break][break]

"komainu, be on the lookout for any people or pokemon. chiyo, have your brine and bubblebeam attacks ready to go." the two pokemon nodded in acknowledgement. komainu was a blur of color, running on swift paws that smudged the ashen surroundings with deep blue, bright eyes narrowed in focus. a stray group of hoppip here, a couple of scared kids there, and komainu worked hard to herd everyone to safety. [break][break]

she spotted another figure in the not-so-far distance, presumably another ranger that seemed to have a handle on the situation, as well. "you're a ranger," mika huffed as she approached , her prinplup running beside her. "this fire's tough. i had my pokemon take care of a stretch of land just now, but we've got our work cut out for us. i'm here to help in any way i can." so focused on her mission, mika realized she didn't yet introduce herself to the other woman. "my name is mika nakayama. i don't suppose you know what started this fire?"[break][break]

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

mission: fire force

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#596DB3;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
All Hands! [M/O]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 16:36:40 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

@--

At this point, Flix had disappeared on the other side of the smoke, and Noct was well within the flames to make sure there was nothing or no one within the fire and remaining trees that needed to be brought out. With her now she had Crowley and Daikenki out from their Pokeballs, the two water types starting to dowse the surrounding area to wet the ground to keep the fire from spreading in their direction. Trying to think of the best course of action on how to start working past containment, Yuina almost didn't notice that someone had approached her over the roar of flames and the crackling and splintering of wood. She called out to her though, and Yuina turned to look, glad to see that other rangers had received the call for help in the area![break][break]
"Hey! Yeah, we're working on containment right now, but we've definitely got to work on putting it out," Yuina remarked, glancing at the Pokemon that the other ranger had with them. Perfect![break]
"We need to divide and conquer! I've got one of my Pokemon on the far side of the fire working with sand to suffocate the fire. If we can get a pair of Pokemon to the west and to the east each to start dowsing the flames, that should do the trick," Yuina said, they probably had just enough water type Pokemon now.[break]
"One of your Pokemon can go with Crowley, and another with Daikenki, and then we'll have the rest of our Pokemon here to make sure the fire doesn't get to the town," she planned, sending Crowley to the west and Daikenki to the east, and then she released Ari the Azumarill to have with her.[break][break]
"Thanks for coming to help, I'm Yuina! I don't know what started it, but my Dusknoir is in the heart of it by now, if she pulls out anything peculiar, we might see what happened!"

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
All Hands! [M/O]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 5:07:01 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

mika felt relieved to be in the company of a fellow ranger. the way that yuina delegated tasks and kept a cool head despite everything gave mika the impression that she must have been a ranger for some time, because her experience certainly showed. and it was this experience that mika would not only cling onto, but hope to emulate someday, as well. [break][break]

"alright, that sounds like a plan. i'll send my walrein with your feraligatr and my arctovish with your hisuian samurott." mika turned towards the field where they were working on putting out the flames, and whistled loudly to get their attention. within moments, all of her pokemon returned to her, and she relayed yuina's instructions to the water-types, accordingly. that left mika's lycanroc and prinplup to remain by her side, while her talonflame remained aloft in the sky to watch for any stragglers. [break][break]

the blue-haired ranger looked back at yuina and said, "you're welcome, yuina. thank you for helping me out as well, i hadn't fought too many fires before this, but i'll do everything i can to be helpful." because mika considered themself useless if they couldn't be of service, after all. "i hope your dusknoir finds something worthwhile, then. for now i'll have my pokemon do what they can to make sure the town stays cool..." there were a few stray flames blazing too close to the a nearby building, so mika ordered her prinplup to put it out. [break][break]

"if it's a fire-type pokemon at large, i can also have my talonflame relocate them." sora was used to long flights, after all. if he had to ferry a stray pokemon all the way back to mt. chimney, alone, then he'd be able to do it. (and mika would even reward her firebird with all sorts of treats and favors, including one of its favorites: a rage candy bar.) but mika wouldn't do anything unless it sat right with yuina first. she was her senior for a reason, after all. [break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
All Hands! [M/O]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 16:26:50 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Her Pokemon moved on to the far sides of the fire with Mika's, and Yuina watched as white smoke started to pour into the air, overcoming the plumes of dark gray smoke that filled the sky. So long as Flix was able to keep the fire contained on the back side, they were on the up and up of getting this taken care of.[break]
"Let's be sure we get things under control and put out before worrying about what's caused it, we're on a roll here," Yuina said, watching more white smoke rise into the air, figuring out what started the fire could come second so long as it wasn't something actively dangerous.[break]
"Ari, let's start from this side," Yuina requested of the Azumarill, and the water type hopped forward to start working on the most forward part of the fire.[break]
"Thanks for your help too, I don't know that this was a one person job, it would take some really powerful Pokemon to get this under control without help."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
All Hands! [M/O]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 17:42:41 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

their pokemon were certainly working hard. mika kept a watchful eye, but glanced at yuina when she spoke. "alright. you have a point." after all, it could've been an accident just as much as anything. with any luck, they wouldn't even need to do anything else after the fire was put out. mika exhaled audibly — at least they had that going for them. [break][break]

"prinplup, use brine over there! lycanroc, follow up with stone edge to snuff the little flames!" her pokemon followed her command, and mika felt a sense of relief as more and more flames subsided. [break][break]

she said, "oh, you're welcome, i should thank you for your help, as well. this certainly isn't something that someone can take on by themselves. and our pokemon are doing a fantastic job. i won't say anything just in case i jinx it, but..." the unspoken meaning of we might have this under control, after all carried through, anyway. [break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
All Hands! [M/O]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 22:48:23 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Things seemed to be calming down, but they couldn't back off, not yet. While Ari worked on the flames at the most forward portion of the fire, and Mika's Pokemon kept more of the flames at bay, they needed to make sure that they work they were doing couldn't be undone by any stray embers or flames while they were working to wrap things up.[break]
"Ari, keep doing what you're doing, Mika, make sure that things on this side are under control. I'm going to take a lap and make sure that the perimeter is secure and that we won't have any stray embers cause anything," Yuina returned, releasing her last Pokemon, now all of the Pokemon that she had with her on hand were out for this. It was sure a big job to take care of... Kano emerged from his Pokeball, and the giant canine huffed at the flames licking into the air. Yuina moved towards him and helped herself up onto his back.[break][break]
"You and your Pokemon are doing great. I'll check on your water types as I come back around, I think we're almost down to the core. There won't be anything more for the fire to burn here soon, it's gonna start waning," she said, and with that she motioned Kano forward and the Arcanine sped off, running to make a full circle around the fire to make sure they were going to be in the clear once they got everything handled.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
All Hands! [M/O]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 23:51:06 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

"alright, i'll sweep this side and make sure nothing builds up again." she nodded at yuina, then parted from her senior ranger momentarily to work with her own pokemon. prinplup and lycanroc did a sufficient job, and at some point, talonflame returned from his sky patrol. a proud and heavy cry from the firebird told mika that it didn't see any other pokemon or people trapped at the edge of the fire. she breathed a sigh of relief: things were really going well, then! [break][break]

eventually, yuina returned, and her sage advice was a guiding light for mika to follow. "oh, thank you. i'm just glad i could be of help. i'll look for any remaining flames on this side and put them out." she nodded. "you can count on me." [break][break]

as the other ranger rode away on her hisuian arcanine, mika ordered prinplup, lycanroc, and talonflame to stay near her and help smother out any fires. prinplup used water attacks to put them out, while lycanroc's rock attacks smothered the flames, and talonflame blew out any small embers to snuff out the warmth in their coals. [break][break]

what started as a raging fire now was reduced to tiny flames and smoldering embers. though the air was still thick with smoke and ash, mika hoped that the smog would disappear in a few days, leaving the town of littleroot peaceful once more. [break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
All Hands! [M/O]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 1:01:18 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

As Kano's massive paws ran through the fields and around the fire, he kicked up ash and dust with each bounding step, but there was not an ember to be seen as they started working the perimeter. On either side the water types were working to bring the flames down to the very core of the fire, where everything was charred black and burned to ash.[break][break]
Eventually Yuina made it back around towards Mika in the near distance, Flix following above her as the dragon had done well to maintain the back end of the fire, but most notably, Noct the Dusknoir had emerged from the smoke and remaining flames.[break]
Sitting atop Kano's back, moving towards Mika and her Pokemon, Yuina looked as the ghost moved forward after spending this time within the fire to make sure that nothing was amiss and nothing needed saving. Within her large hands she held only a metal, two pronged skewer, the kind that one might use for marshmallows over a campfire. Yuina tsked, shaking her head as she understood what the Dusknoir found.[break][break]
"All of this came down to a campfire that wasn't contained the right way. That's just careless, look at what one careless mistake just did," she huffed. Just one small campfire that was left unattended, or it wasn't put out all the way, or maybe it even got out of hand and they ran... Whatever the case, it might not have been the most exciting conclusion, but that didn't make the aftermath any less devastating as Yuina looked out to the charred remains of the trees and brush that had been caught in it.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
All Hands! [M/O]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 20:01:39 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

soon enough, it seemed most of the damage had been controlled. mika's pokemon smothered out the last remains of any stubborn embers, and she made it a point to have talonflame (without its usual flames, of course) flap its wings to blow away any harmful ash from the remaining plant life that managed to survive the initial scorch. [break][break]

then yuina returned with the pokemon in tow, and mika praised her arctovish and walrein for their job well-done, confident they'd done all they could in their time away from their trainer. [break][break]

instead, her attention turned towards yuina, and the skewer in her hands that had been evidence of the fire's origin. a campfire left unattended or put out improperly, the result of human error. mika's chest ached with sympathy and disappointment. this could have all been avoided, but instead, a good chunk of littleroot town's natural beauty and farmland had been razed with fire. on the bright side, they stopped the flames from spreading any further beyond the city's limits. at least they could celebrate that. [break][break]

"i see," mika relented. "in that case, we had better report this back to hq. i can also check one last time for any anomalies, if that's needed." she nodded once, then said, "at the risk of sounding like a greenhorn, i'll say this: i'm thankful to have had your guidance and help in this situation, yuina. i hope i can become a ranger of your resourcefulness and repute one day, as well." [break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
All Hands! [M/O]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 4:28:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: