Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
HUNTSMAN
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 7:03:52 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]THUNK![break][break]

An arrow struck true, piercing the center of the target. Rowan lowered his longbow, an almost imperceptible look of pride upon his face. Months of isolation had honed his skills, training him to use his own body in conjunction with that of his Pokémon. Team Rocket would use every advantage they had, he had to be prepared to do the same.[break][break]

"Apollo, go." He commanded, gesturing to his Decidueye.[break][break]

The Pokémon stepped up, plucking free a feathery arrow and driving it straight into the center of Rowan's own, splitting the shaft down the middle. A more distinct smile crawled across the trainer's lips as he watched the display, confirming he was prepared for the demonstration.[break][break]

Team Rocket wouldn't hesitate to use weapons, and Rowan intended to pass his own skills along to any Ranger willing to learn. He hadn't expected anyone to show up to this training session, but that didn't stop him from hoping there was one among their ranks who wanted to learn to use their own strength in the heat of combat.[break][break]

Now to see if anyone heeded the call.
[attr="class","rowwttag"]@open

[attr="class","rowwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.rowwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#d4a53c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d4a53c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d4a53c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
HUNTSMAN
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 1:43:44 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
When Shalin heard a new archery range had opened up on Route 117, she had to make a day to check it out. With her Ranger Captain training keeping her so busy, she had to spend one of her precious off days to do so. The career change was going to be a big one for her, forcing her to severely limit what she did with Nariya Expeditions.

Fortunately for Rowan, he indeed would have company. It would be noisy company, though; a perhaps shockingly large, shiny Queen Beedrill swooped overhead, the legs of a rider hanging from its sides as they passed close but not dangerously so. Flying near ground level, the wasp's rider, a red-uniformed, green-haired Ranger, waved toward the young man. The big bug landed near him, Shalin taking her earplugs out as soon as the wings were still and not making deafening noise. "Wasn't expecting the range to be so open at this hour!" she greeted Row, the Shiny Beedrill gently waving one of her foreleg stings much like a human hand.

{WC: 176}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Lathiel         Type: Null        Good
Sandy           Flygon            Good 
Hayabusa        Scyther           Good
Queen Zing      Beedrill**        Good
Treble          Kommo-o           Good
Bass Boost      Seismitoad        Good
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
HUNTSMAN
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 0:06:16 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"Hey...Shalin, right?" Rowan lowered his longbow, glancing towards the woman with a friendly half-smile on his lips. He'd recognized her from her explorational exploits and general status as a ranger, but didn't know much about her aside from that. [break][break]

"All the more for us then, yeah?" He chuckled, stepping forward and plucking a few arrows from his target. "I'm Rowan, by the way." [break][break]

Returning to his shooting position, he shunted the loose arrows into a nearby bin, pulling a few new ones out and into his quiver. [break][break]

"You shoot, then?" There had to be a reason for her being here, and that was the simplest solution. Simple is best, Rowan had come to realize recently.
[attr="class","rowwttag"]

[newclass=.rowwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#d4a53c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d4a53c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d4a53c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
HUNTSMAN
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 7:13:24 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"That's me!" Shalin smiled, drawing her AVIAN BOW into her hand. The Fortree artifact of a bygone age of bird trainers, had green, decorative feathers at its ends. If Rowan was privy to Unovan legends, he would be able to see it stylized after the Wandering Stormbringer, Tornadus. If he knew , then Rowan may have recognized it, given the Gym Leader had an identical bow in his possession. "And she's Queen Zing," Shalin introduced the Shiny Beedrill, remaining seated on the big bug.

"Great to meet you proper, Rowan! I think I remember you vaguely from the last time gathered all the Rangers together." That felt like so long ago, yet so recent; she had shared her harrowing tales of the rifts, the Ultra Beast eggs, and her thoughts on Hoenn's future. How much of it got to League higher-ups, she would never know.

"I do!" Shalin reached back for an AVIAN ARROW, a green-shafted arrow fletched from seemingly divine wood. As she plucked her bowstring back, a faint whirlwind surrounded the arrow. When she let fly, the winds seemed to guide her shot and make it more accurate. "Been practicing mounted archery for a little over a year."

{WC: 201}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
HUNTSMAN
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 6:12:12 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"Apologies, this is Apollo." Rowan gestured towards his Shiny Decidueye, suddenly feeling rude for not having introduced his own Pokémon. "Ah right, that meeting. Was my first in the organization after defecting from Rocket." He remembered being nervous at the time, a memory that amused him upon reflection. Fear wasn't easily found within him, anymore.[break][break]

"I got a taste for archery recently, myself. It was something I'd taken up in..." The words trailed off, unsure if Shalin had experienced the same false reality as himself. "...well, it's not important." Rowan raised his bow, pulling the string taut.[break][break]

"How about a bout of competitive shooting, Shalin?"

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
HUNTSMAN
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 5:02:06 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin's jaw briefly dropped after hearing of Rowan's defection firsthand. "I had heard rumors, but... wow. You should meet . He's really passionate about helping people not only get out of Rocket, but putting their lives back together once they do. I can't imagine what you went through." From her experience on the battlefield against , Rocket was terrifying. She never wanted to have her job as a Ranger held over her head again for refusing to go to war.

"What do you mean, not important?" Shalin asked, curious. "It's okay; I'm willing to listen." Whether or not Rowan would indulge her, Shalin would nod, agreeing to the archery contest. "We should set the ground rules first, though. Queen Zing here gets really noisy when she flies, and we won't be able to hear each other. You do any mounted archery? That might be a fun way to compete."

{WC: 149}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
HUNTSMAN
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 5:52:50 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"?" [break][break]

The name was familiar, itching at Rowan's mind for a moment before the realization struck. "Right, I think I did his route in that phone game a while back." Summoned memories conjured images of the legend Raikou, and the virtual hunt for the Pokémon. A small wince stretched over Rowan's features, reminding him that he'd been abandoned by Suicune, something he'd not quite come to grips with yet emotionally.[break][break]

"Not important as it didn't really happen, I suppose. It was in an alternate version of Galar." Perhaps nonsense to the woman, but she'd pressed for the truth and Rowan was nothing if not obligate.[break][break]

An eyebrow rose at the proposition, glancing towards his Decidueye for a moment before back at Shalin. "Can't say I have. There's a first time for everything, however."

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
HUNTSMAN
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 17:04:05 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Yep, Mauville's Gym Leader!" Shalin chirped. "I never got to play his route when that game was at the top of the charts. I still have it on my phone, but I don't play too often anymore." Not after she got to play her own route; the amount of detail and accuracy in its material was creepy, and not all of it was public knowledge. Still, it was both entertaining and addicting, with the added capability to search routes by tag. She loved a good adventure.

The mention of an alternate version of Galar made Shalin go wide-eyed. "You were there, too?" she asked, putting on a glove and pulling out a NEVER MELT ICE ARROWHEAD from the bottom of her bag. "This might look familiar to you, then." She held it out for a few seconds before stowing it again. If only she came in her Sygna Suit, she would have slid onto her Beedrill's wing. The Galar Memory was a key component of her mastery over the Flygon powers bestowed upon her thanks to their bond's peak.

Back to the contest, though. "The idea I had in mind is we each make two lengths of the course on our ride Pokémon: one to the course's end, and one back to where we're at now. We each take the same number of shots... let's say, twenty, and whoever scores the most points wins." Though Shalin's AVIAN ARROWS would give her a slight advantage in theory, that advantage would be canceled out by the shakiness of her Beedrill mount. It would be a fair contest. "If you didn't bring a ride Pokémon, you can use one of mine."

{WC: 280}
{PC: 3}