snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
smog: greyson & illeana
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 1:42:15 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as mist leaks through invisible wounds in this plane of reality, it threatens to surround them. purple swirls of seemingly innocent mist become deadly when given space in the mind. she knows this, understands this, and yet... she can't seem to make it go away.

she steals a glance at greyson, sturdy and comfortable beside her.

does he find this fun? is he afraid? does he feel the heavy sands of the hourglass threatening to drown them all out?

"this shouldn't be happening."

the last time interdream mist leaked out into reality, it had been tied to the existence of a rift...

faintly, she recognizes herself trying to focus on the spaces around them, senses prodding with curious fingers for something out of place. she finds nothing, feels nothing even, except steadily creeping dread and faint whispers lost within confines of mist.

"where is it coming from?"

participation +50
1 ic post +10
mention interdream mist +10

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,955 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 19:16:35 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]"I'm not sure," he answers honestly. His face twists contemplatively, making a mental note of the rip's size. The small Shaymin on his shoulder mews in curiosity.
[break][break]
"It's not inheritantly dangerous, so long as we stay on the look-out for Paradox Pokemon."
[break][break]
Greyson whispers something to the Shaymin, who litters the entrance with leech seeds.
[break][break]
"Suggestions?"

[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break]
100 for Smog Mission[break]50 MP for participation in a RT Battle/Mission.
[break]
10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.[break]25 MP use a legendary/mythical pokemon in your thread.[break][break]
(185 Total)

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #2a879e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 4:20:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she hums, for she does not quite like his answer.

her mind seeks answers she cannot possibly seem to find. it leaves her slightly irritable, as if the concept of understanding eluding her strikes a particular nerve.

"i guess just keep going forward?"

she can't think of anything else at the moment. if she focuses a little more on their surroundings and the effects it has on her, perhaps she'd hear whispers in passing tendrils of purple mist... but she does not - she simply continues to put one foot in front of the other.

her head turns to steal a glance at him and his shaymin, ignoring the way her body almost feels odd.

"any signs of life?"

participation +50
2 ic post +20

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,955 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 15:00:22 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"None," he answers back. "Perhaps we're going about this the wrong way." Once more he inspects the gash in reality, lips pursing.
[Break][break]
"What if we think of this Mist as finite? If we can mold it into objects, such as memories or even Paradox Pokemon, could we theoretically deplete it?"

[break]

notes

[break]
[break]
20 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.[break]25 MP use a legendary/mythical pokemon in your thread.[break][break]
(195 Total)

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 3:44:01 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her nose scrunches at the thought.

"it's possible..."

though, how likely is it for interdream mist to be finite?

"given how it seems to pour out from other realms, though, i don't believe it's something that can be defined by our terms."

otherworldly, inhuman - how could they describe it in concepts that don't overwork the mind?

"it could be similar to ultra space radiation in that regard, actually... which, by that line of thinking, it could be used as a power source if the logistics align up just right."

participation +50
2 ic post +20

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,955 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 16:19:41 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Greyson considers himself to have an above-average intelligence, and even then, he was probably giving himself too much credit.
[break][break]
Still, Illeana's racing thoughts were a tad beyond his own understanding. He'd drawn his conclusion by comparing this rip to a leak in a water-tank— if a water tank's contents could manipulate thoughts, memories, dreams, and summon forth highly dangerous Pokémon.
[break][break]
But, theoretically, there could be a limit.
[break][break]
Maybe.
[break][break]
"I'm not sure I follow," he says back, frowning.

notes

[break]
[break]
30 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.[break]25 MP use a legendary/mythical pokemon in your thread.[break][break]
(205 Total)

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 3:08:27 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"how so?"

she blinks - had she been churning through thoughts too fast?

"which part did i lose you on?"

perhaps she should have slowed down, gauged the concepts by his reactions instead of simply barreling on through...

oh well - no time like the present to take a step back and re-evaluate, right?

participation +50
4 ic posts +40

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,955 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 22:49:29 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]"Radiation." He says, blinking. "How could that possibly be a power source?" He's not quite done, either. "Also, we're basically full-up on power sources, aren't we? Using a mist that can create Pokemon as energy seems.. dangerous."

He flicks his gaze back to the slit in space, considering.

"These things are better off sealed. Some things I don't think need to be used, y'know?"

[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#2a879e; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 3:45:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"radiation could be honed and stored as a makeshift battery if we tried hard enough, perhaps."

but... could they do it? no, she decides with a slight shake of her head, they couldn't.

"you're right, but i haven't found a way to close these dimensional wounds yet."

the answers still allude her, burrowing beneath her skin in annoyance. she thinks of pink glowing fractures, of ancient draconic grout stitching ruins back together, and frustration comes quickly.

"if we can't seal them, we can't get rid of this mist. we're at a standstill."

a sigh heaves out of her lungs at the thought.

"i hate all these problems with no possible solutions - it's so annoying."

participation +50
5 ic posts +50

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,955 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 1:54:26 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Greyson releases a bubbling laugh at her frustration.

"I feel the same. Solve one issue, two more pop-up." His attention remains fixed on the distortion of reality. "But what can we do, y'know?"

He isn't the type to give-up, but if the last year had told him anything, it was that some fights were better left to others.

"We could exhaust the source. Fight the horde it would create?"

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 20:24:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]his laughter, somehow, manages to get a small exasperated smile out of the scientist.

"for now, not much..."

though she is trying, she supposes. her solutions, so far, have not panned out in the way she would like.

"we could, though we have no idea if the creation methods it utilizes have any limitations."

in theory, everything should reach a point of capacity, but does this mist operate in terms of possibilities or concrete mechanics?

"if it is a limitless creation, then we'd surely exhaust ourselves into defeat."

she turns, fixing him with an expectant state.

"do you still want to try?"

participation +50
6 ic posts +60

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,955 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 1:56:00 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]He considers her words, lips quirked in thought. Without looking at her, he poses a question.

"Do you have another suggestion?"

His tone while rigid, is sincere.

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 2:17:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the tone doesn't quite bother her. it's better than it has been between them and that's all she can really ask for.

"if we gather enough, we could trap them?"

her nose scrunches slightly in thought.

"maybe take them for samples and analysis."

participation +50
7 ic posts +70

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,955 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 2:46:03 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Smiling at the hedgehog, he returns the mythical Pokemon back into her orb, replacing her with a far more battle-oriented type.

The Paradox-mon stands tall and resolute, violet hued lance at her side.

A thought gnaws at him, though, and he voices his curiosity.

"I wonder at the practical applications of this mist. Take 'energy', and even the Paradox Pokémon aside — the limits are defined only by your imagination. Couldn't there other applications for a substance like that? Maybe something that could help PTSD patients acclimate to the society. Things like that."

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 2:50:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she hums.

"good in theory, but likely terrible in practice."

while it's a solid line of thinking, she can see a good five or six holes that are easily poked into the concept. she needles through the most glaring of them all.

"with how the mist seems to conjure up things from our imagination, it could have the opposite effect if one with PTSD, for example, thinks of the event or person that their affliction stems from. if someone's trauma comes from an ultra beast and they think of it, what's to stop the mist from creating that very beast?"

participation +50
8 ic posts +80