Yuina Higashi
Sea: Amor & Yuina [RT]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 17:39:46 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

The conflict surrounding this island mass that formed in the middle of the southern region oceans was growing quickly and aggressively with every passing hour, there was really an actual full out war going on in trying to get to the island first between the league Yuina was familiar with and this Team Rocket that had proclaimed they would be after the island's resources as well. She couldn't tell if her orders were more centered around keeping this team rocket out or making sure that the league got there first... Both came with very different connotations...[break][break]
Yuina's assignment came quickly and swiftly with orders to maintain a perimeter on the south end of the island in the ocean waters to keep anyone from crossing and getting to the island. She went out there to her particular station, noting the coordinates she'd been given, but she wasn't quite sure how she felt about being tossed out here on her own, it felt rather... Expendable...[break]
Yuina was mounted on Daikenki the Samurott, the water type maintained a steady swimming speed as he lofted along the ocean waves, and Crowley the Feraligatr loomed in the depths below to keep an eye on things beneath the surface, while Yuina really tried to start wrapping her head around all that was going on and the severity of the situation that she was being thrust into.

notes[break]
Sea RT Mission with [break]
+50 MP for Participation; +10 MP Mission Post[break]
Total MP: 60MP[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 14:30:13 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

The lonely Ranger might have felt like a sacrifice, and perhaps she would be, but at least for the moment she wouldn't find any outwardly hostile rockets. Instead she would see a man dressed up in a cybertech ninja outfit, leisurely going by on the back of a Gastrodon. As if he didn't have a care in the world, and why should he? There were only a few Leaguers that he considered an actual threat to himself, and this lonely girl on the back of a Samurott certainly wasn't one of them. At least not yet. Still Seraphim figured he might as well put on somewhat of a show.

"You know...." Came the distorted robotic voice. "I made a joke that the League was trying to seduce Rockets in order to get them to defect easier....So far in this 'war' I have come across nothing but good looking women...." He joked easily. Though seriously....Rocket needed to up their game, because Amor understood why people defected. Perhaps he could make the reverse possible as well. Though she was still to far from him for him to make out any discernible traits. "If you talk sweetly to me, perhaps I won't mess up your hair hm?" The words would sound far more disconcerting since they were being spoken in a very robotic, and flat tone.

Though he doubted that she would take his bait, and let him pass through her territory, so already Shak, his Gastrodon, was preparing a countermeasure against any attack that she might throw at him.

"What a shame though...." He silently mused to himself.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 17:55:15 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Thus far, the waters had remained quiet, still even, the ocean wasn't wavering too much as if the weather had been calm for a bit. Daikenki was merely bobbing in the water and not having to fight any heavy waves, and for the time that Yuina was out there, she was grateful. Up until the Samurott's keen senses caught the sound of something moving towards them, and he turned in the water for him and Yuina to face a masked and suited figure coming towards them, standing atop some bulky, strange looking Pokemon. Yuina didn't make any sudden moves, but also almost froze in that moment, she was likely staring at her first confrontation in this 'war' and wasn't sure what was going to happen... However, before anything really happened, the figure spoke, not moving too much closer on the Pokemon that floated in the water.[break]
Yuina couldn't help it, she felt herself grow red and hot with, frustration? Embarrassment? Discomfort? Or everything in between? Here she was actually trying to do something serious, and this man was making a joke out of it? Out of her?[break][break]
"I-... You aren't getting past me that easily. Don't think I'm not prepared," she tried, and likely failed, to stick up for herself and make sure he knew that she wasn't just some push over cadet. Of all of the things that she could have fathomed being confronted with... This wasn't it, and she couldn't shake how... disconcerting it was.

notes[break]
+10 MP Mission Post[break]
Total MP: 70MP[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 18:46:06 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"Oh are you blushing? Now that is adorable....You're not very experienced with intimacy are you?" He had found the chink in her armor, and so he would continue to drive a wedge into it, until she broke. Violence didn't necessarily have to be a part of this war, but psychological warfare was just as useful in this scenario. She obviously expected someone who would just be outright hostile to her, and Amor wasn't known for fitting the Rocket mold....At least not in the normal ways. There were instances of him being just as ruthless as the rest of them....And he had to be careful ever since his run in with ....His instability was for the moment sealed.

"Oh are you prepared? But prepared for what? To die for a cause that you don't even understand?" He almost seemed bored asking that question. "Or are you prepared to lay down your life for all the people that don't even know you, or care about you?" A prod here, and a prod there he was hoping to chip away more at that thin armor she seemed to be wearing. The entire time he found something start to nag at him as he got within range to make her out clearly. Had he seen her before?

"Now darlin....We could fight, have a battle that might even win you some glory....Or we could go to one of these lovely islands, and well distract ourselves? Which sounds way more fun, you at least would be doing your job right? Making sure I don't get that precious island in the center of it all." If he wasn't wearing his suit he would have winked at her. Obviously he didn't mean any of this, it was just to put her off balance. "So what do you say, Princess?" He already knew the answer, and Shak was preparing itself for what was to come.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 19:24:53 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Trying to keep herself steady, and Daikenki too, the Samurott snarled with bared fangs and raised jowls, he was eyeing the strange pink Pokemon, certain that it was ready to attack. Yuina placed a hand on the Samurott's neck, if this didn't have to turn violent, then she didn't want it to, but... she was heavily considering signaling Crowley beneath them to get them gone... Her face burned now, she wasn't prepared for... this? There was no way any of this was serious, they were both out here in the middle of the ocean facing off because of this war and nothing else, but against her best efforts, she couldn't fight the uneasiness and embarrassment that showed on her face. It was humiliating.[break][break]
He was poking and prodding, his words pricking at the very questions that she was asking herself, what was she doing this for and did it matter that strongly to her?[break]
"You don't need to know anything about why I'm out here, except that it means I'm in your way," she returned sharply, but even she didn't know what she was out here for, why the deepest recesses of her subconscious compelled her to be out here, forced her to get involved in this cause, like she had to or else something terrible was going to happen to her. Then he just kept going...[break]
Yuina was nearly shaking at this point, she was furious, humiliated that she was being regarded in such a way, and even maybe a bit afraid of what could actually happen in this confrontation. He couldn't possibly mean any of this, and part of her could rationalize that to be true, but that didn't stop the pit of sickness from forming in the bottom of her stomach.[break][break]
"Stop it," she shouted, it was an outburst, one she couldn't stop even if she wanted to, this whole war zone situation was more strain on her than she'd faced in a long time, she was stressed, concerned, afraid, willing, and actually being in the middle of it all was wearing on her more than she could have fathomed. She was not collected in the slightest.[break]
"If you're going to do something about me being in your way, then do it. And don't call me Princess."

notes[break]
Total MP: 80MP[break]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 17:21:20 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Robotic laughter would fill the salty air around them as he listened to her little outburst, it was obvious that he was taking her very lightly, and wasn't feeling threatened by her in the slightest. If she could see his face, it would be incredibly amused at the moment, but she would just have to settle for the inference that he was smiling at the moment. This might be the best form of entertainment yet....As long as he could keep his grip.

"Well it's a shame that you want to be in my way, but I suppose It can't be helped....C'est la vie...." He stated almost boredly. Of course he would have preferred the other ending, but it would seem that in this scenario he was doomed to be an adversary. "Don't disappoint me Princess....Shak, Yawn!" He gave the command, and the Gastrodon opened it's maw, and several bubbles floated from it's lips towards the Samurott that the girl was riding on top of. If they were going to have to fight no matter what, then he wasn't going to take it easy on her.

Amor's preferred battle style was controlling the field, and the pace. If he could do those two things, then he certainly wouldn't lose, and he excelled at them both. So he would see just how good this so called Ranger was at holding her own. Luckily for her he wasn't going to be bringing out his big guns this fight....She would have to show if she was worthy of further attention from him.

"Let's see if those flimsy convictions that you, and all those like you hold on to so tightly, will help you prevail against someone like me...." The answer is that it wouldn't. Ideals without conviction, or the power to back them up, were just dreams in this world, and he would smash them into pieces.

TLDR
Gastrodon uses Yawn!
Amor keeps taunting her!

MP Total
+3 Posts +30
Participation +50

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 18:14:48 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The laughter that filled the otherwise still and quiet surrounding was... Unsettling, Yuina couldn't shake it off how wrong it felt to be the target, the object of it. Yuina just wanted this to end, but she knew that nothing was that simple, this was a person who was sent out to disrupt league forces, in much the same way that she could be sent out to do the reverse... But they were just so unsettling.[break][break]
In that quick moment, he regarded her with that same tone that she was nothing more than a child, someone to be looked down on for merely existing, and she hated it, she was more than a child, more than a new recruit, and she was definitely more than the pretty face he prodded at. He gave a command, and the slug like Pokemon he rode on was beginning the inevitable battle, and if anything her biggest motivator was now to be in his way, to be a problem and not let up.[break][break]
"I'd rather be a problem than a Princess," she returned, drawing in a deep breath as she held on tight to Daikenki, and in that split moment that the slug had released its attack the Samurott dove and disappeared into the blue depths, taking Yuina with him. Below the water's surface then, as soon as Yuina had broken beneath, Crowley took his signal to know that the figure above them was their adversary. Daikenki remained submerged and swam out of range with Yuina, and in turn Crowley swam upwards with his great strength.[break]
The water's surface broke in a sudden burst and shower of water beside the slug as Crowley lunged upwards, bearing his Ice Fang to deal a first strike, while off to the side Yuina emerged from the water on Daikenki's back, ready to fight.

notes[break]
Total MP: 90MP[break]
Crowley the Feraligatr uses Ice Fang[break]
Feraligatr's Sheer Force boosts the power of Ice Fang[break]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 20:28:31 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"You still have a lot to learn before you can take on someone like me...." Which was true, the moment her second pokemon appeared, and attacked with Ice Fang, Shak wasted no time, and immediately bombarded the creature at point blank range with a Mud Bomb attack. Shak was tough enough that such an attack wasn't going to take him out with one shot. So instead it shot ball after ball of compacted mud at the Feraligatr in the hopes of forcing it to let go, or in the case that it decided to try to cling on, it would be continually pelted by the attack. Shak wouldn't let up.

"That's the thing....You won't be a problem, not even a footnote in this so called war, because you don't even know who, or what you are fighting for." Amor reiterated that point to her once more. "If you think Rocket is the worst, then you have a lot to learn little girl...." That was the issue, is that she was just blindly following the League without asking any further questions. The willful ignorance is what bothered him the most, if you were going to be part of something, an organization then you had to at the very least understand what exactly it was that you were serving.

Who you were serving, and why you were doing it....This girl lacked every single one of those qualities, and it irritated him to no end to see such a bright, and hopeful future drawn in by the lies of the world that she lived in.

"It's a shame that your life is going to turn out to be such a tragedy...." He taunted her again, and it was here they would start to feel the change in his personality. "Especially for someone so beautiful....Ah well...." He wasn't going to write a eulogy for her when she inevitably lost to him.

Just another meaningless notch under his belt.

TLDR
Gastrodon uses Mud Bomb point blank against the Feraligatr!

MP Total
+4 Posts +40
Participation +50

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 21:27:57 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

In that quick moment of Daikenki ducking into the water and Crowley surfacing for an attack, Crowley snarled and shook as he clutched with his ice laden fangs, but this slug Pokemon barely flinched as it bombarded him with pelt after pelt of heavy mud. The croc hissed and let go, he had no other choice given the sturdy Pokemon and the heavy blows he was taking, he needed a better vantage point... Crowley disappeared into the depths again, but it would only be for a moment as Yuina was faced again with more taunting, more prodding, and even, disappointment? Again like she was a child who just wasn't catching on... Little girl...[break][break]
"If this is the part where you're going to try and tell me you can 'teach me' about what's going on, save it. I'm making this choice, to be out here, you're not changing my mind," Yuina remarked, and she was angry. She wasn't sure where the anger was coming from, in fact, she hadn't felt anger yet in only the couple of months of her memory that she could recall... Anger was a real emotion, everyone had anger, but she was almost... Upset at herself for this anger coming out of her when she hadn't expressed it yet, this shouldn't be the way that she was experiencing an emotion in her new life for the first time... Like he was bringing out the worst in her...[break][break]
Whether it be ignorance, stubbornness, or anything in between, Yuina was standing by the choices she was making in this new life because it was her life, they were her decisions, she was having to make new choices every day for the first time because she had nothing prior to every moment she was being given now, she was not about to let someone tell her that her choices were invalid. She was being regarded as nothing more than an ignorant child who couldn't make decisions for themselves without guidance.[break]
And what's more, not only was she being regarded as a child, she was being mocked, ridiculed by this stranger for no other reason than her being out in this spot on this day in opposition. She couldn't decide which was worse though... Being regarded as expendable... Or the empty comments on her beauty... Her cheeks burned again, the pit in her stomach grew, no one yet had called her beautiful or admired her in such a way, did she have anyone in her past life that thought of her that way? She felt stupid and shallow for even listening to his words, they were meaningless from someone who was bent on her destruction, but... She shook her head, she couldn't let him tear her down from the inside, she wouldn't let him.[break][break]
"No! You don't get to decide anything about my life, especially not how it ends, Crowley," Yuina shouted, she wanted to stop listening, she wanted to push his words away, and she clung to Daikenki as Crowley burst from the water again, a torrent following with him. The croc roared with a gaping maw as he unleashed a heavy, pelting Waterfall, and Yuina wanted nothing more than to see this man hit the water.

notes[break]
Total MP: 100MP[break]
Feraligatr uses Waterfall; both to try and do damage and to knock Amor off of Gastrodon[break]
Feraligatr's Sheer Force boosts the power of Waterfall[break]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 22:16:35 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"Oh darlin...." Amor just chuckled as the Waterfall came, and neither he, nor his Gastrodon bothered to dodge it, and she would realize soon enough why. As Shak's body began to glow, and all the water that was being used to facilitate this move was simply absorbed into it's body without any damage being done. "You have so much to learn....Gastrodon have a rather useful ability as you just witnessed....Storm Drain, it nullifies all water attacks against them. But it also has a useful secondary effect...." Came the robotic snark before Shak unleashed another Mud Bomb against the Feraligatr, but this one was far more powerful than the last.

"It seems like you could use a teacher in several things....Storm Drain also boosts it's special attacks." She was only going to drive herself further into a corner by relying on conventional tactics against him. "Are you sure you don't want me to change your mind? It seems that the League has severely neglected your education when it comes to all things....A by the books approach isn't good enough to defeat Rocket." That was the simple truth. Many in Rocket had no qualms about just ending an enemies life. That was simply part of the code.

Amor was one of the rare few that just found a loophole in how to deal with people. If he killed someone then they deserved it, and he didn't do so lightly.

"If you don't fix your approach, you're only going to be left adrift in this ocean. And that would make me feel bad, I don't like to waste art." Flattering words, but they were unfortunately being translated through a robotic voice. "So I'm going to give you one more free shot....Then I'm going to show you how futile it is to try, and stand up to me." He would have to take the kiddie gloves off sooner or later....

TLDR
Storm Drain slurs up Waterfall, and boosts Gastrodons Special Attack!
Gastrodon retaliates with an amped up Mud Bomb!
Amor talks more!
Amor gives Yuina a "free shot" whatever that means!

MP Total
+5 posts +50
Participation +50

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2023 20:25:34 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

There was little that Yuina could do to hide the traces of panic that started to wash over her as she watched Crowley's attack do... nothing, nothing at all, the slug didn't even flinch and he just laughed at her again. It was humiliating and degrading, listening to him describe the effects that she incited in her own ignorance, and all she could do was watch as Crowley hissed and was tossed back in the water at the powerful attack that struck him.[break]
The full and very real gravity on the situation began to take over her as she looked around, realizing just how far out in the water she was... And no matter how much she didn't want to believe his words that were an attempt to sway her or get in her head... She could very much believe that he would hold true on his threat, to leave her out here in the water, in the middle of the ocean with no way else to get back to land... She was terrified, but she couldn't bring herself to run, it was like something in the deepest parts of her subconscious were telling her she couldn't, she wasn't allowed, that she was meant to stand up and fight, like she had done so before at some point... And what would that do, if she did run? Prove his point, reinforce that she was a child, helpless, and incapable of handling herself in the face of something real, in the midst of something that mattered. If she couldn't do this now, then what could she do at all, when something called for her will and her strength, she couldn't just turn tail and run...[break][break]
Something told her that he would enjoy that far too much... And he probably had the means to chase and pursue... And if he actually caught her, the thought made her sick. And what's worse, she couldn't even see his face, she had no idea what this man looked like to recognize him in the future... Nor did she know if she'd ever faced him before... He could be anyone, anyone in the world, someone she'd already talked to and she would have no idea. Her mind was reeling, her thoughts were racing, and this was probably exactly what he wanted, to get in her head, to throw her off, it was more than just a defeat in battle she was going to face if she couldn't get herself to focus.[break][break]
"Wh-What do you get out of this? If everything I could do here is futile, why have you even bothered this long," Yuina returned, she couldn't help but wonder, what someone like him could get out of this? If she was less than a pawn to him, if her efforts meant nothing for his ability to make it to the island anyways, what was he even still doing here, what was the point? She was also trying to buy any time that she could... Daikenki wasn't her only capable mount that she had with her, but she needed to hold onto him as long as possible if things kept getting worse... She still didn't know what this Pokemon he had was, and she was sure now very strongly biased against the species, but she had to try and get as much information about it as she could while she had the chance... And this gave Crowley an opportunity to prepare a Swords Dance below, trying to raise the remaining strength that he had to try and fend this thing off one more time...[break][break]
"If I'm so beneath you, there's nothing you gain from being here. I'm only wasting your time," she said, he could force his way if he really wanted to, unless it meant that he didn't have to means to do so and he was just stalling and trying to dig at her... Could she have a chance at this, if that were the case?[break]
From below, having taken his moment to strengthen his resolve, Crowley lunged from the water right for the front of the slug in the water, his maw open and gaping for a Crunch attack. This was a pivotal moment... Either this man was going to hold true on his threats of this being her last shot... Or she's called his bluff... And Yuina was trembling at not knowing what was going to happen.

notes[break]
Total MP: 110MP[break]
Feraligatr prepares with Swords Dance[break]
Feraligatr uses Crunch; a last ditch effort, it's not looking too hot[break]
Feraligatr's Sheer Force boosts the power of Crunch[break]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 21:03:21 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Once again the man didn't bother to give an order to avoid the attack, instead the Feraligatr Crunched down on Shak, and there was a cry of pain, but it was short lived as the Cybertech Ninja stared at the girl rather boredly. She was beneath him, and it was time that she learned that the world was unfair. That she was truly out of her depths, and that for the past several minutes he had truly just been humoring her.

"Recover...." He gave the command to his Gastrodon, who began to glow a dull red, and all the damage that had been inflicted on it just vanished as it restored its stamina back to full. "What do I get out of this....? I get a warm up for a better opponent in the future....You are nothing but a small fish in a far to big pond, little girl...." Even through the robotic voice there was a tinge of coldness to it. "You are wasting my time, yes....Or maybe I was bored and I came here to kill time, and you just so happened to be my entertainment for the evening." The man shrugged whether he was lying or telling the truth she would never know.

All that mattered is that he was going to drive this little fool into the deepest pit of failure that she couldn't imagine before meeting him.

"Seeing as how I've let you attack me several times now....And only retaliated....Allow me to show you what I'm like when I'm serious. Ohshun come out!" In a flash of white an Empoleon was now in the water. "Deal with the Feraligatr...." He gave the order, and his Empoleon immediately shot a powerful Scald at the opposing water type in the hopes of burning it.

"Shak....You too...." And the Gastrodon still powered up thanks to it's early ability used Mud Bomb on the Feraligatr in tandem with the Scald.

TLDR
Phase Two of the Boss Fight commences!
Amor summons his Empoleon, Ohshun!
Ohshun uses Scald on Feraligatr! It has a chance to burn!
Shak uses Mud Bomb on Feraligatr!
Shak is at Sp. Atk +1 due to the earlier Storm Drain!

MP Total
+6 posts +60
Participation +50

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 21:42:28 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

That small, tiny glimmer of hope that she stupidly gave herself was gone... Yuina understood the full gravity of her situation. He spoke to her still in that condescension, that demeaning tone that made her feel worthless, and as he spoke he released another Pokemon into the water, and that was all Crowley could take... The Croc took on both hits, and couldn't take any more, not after the beating he'd already received and the ferocity that he'd put into his own attacks that still did absolutely nothing. That slug still remained, and then there was the shining armored blue penguin Pokemon he released that struck so quickly... What was she going to do...?[break]
Her mind was racing, she still hadn't made the decision on if she was going to fight or run, something in her subconscious just wouldn't let her make that decision it wasn't happening, but she did know that she needed to get to Crowley before she couldn't... She couldn't just leave him there in the water, his red fin drifted in the water, she needed to be able to get to him to return him to his Pokeball...[break][break]
"Fine! Then enough talking, stop wasting time," Yuina shouted, if he was going to get serious about things now then she just wanted him to shut up! She wanted to stop fighting the feelings of inadequacy, his taunting, his prodding... She just wanted it to stop so the could focus. She was trying to think fast, she needed to take care of that blue Pokemon he sent out...[break][break]
"Swann, go, shield down," Yuina shouted, grasping onto Daikenki beneath her as she released another Pokemon, the Aegislash that she had come to know. At her command, the sword set aside its shield and squared up with a Swords Dance and found its target in the large blue Pokemon with the golden crown.[break]
"We have to get to Crowley, then we're beelining it to the beach, we're in over our heads," Yuina spoke quietly to Daikenki. In that moment, Swann rushed for the blue Pokemon sword ready to strike with Sacred Sword and Daikenki used his speed and rushed through the water towards Crowley's floating body.

notes[break]
+10 MP Mission Post; +50 MP Pokemon KO[break]
Total MP: 170MP[break]
Feraligatr is knocked out![break]
Swann the Aegislash has been sent out[break]
Aegislash prepares Swords Dance then Aegislash's Stance Change is Activated[break]
Aegislash uses Sacred Sword on Empoleon[break]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,891 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 13:07:48 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Amor wasn't going to interrupt her getting her fallen companion, he was here to maim, to destabilize, to sow seeds of sorrow, and despair. Not to kill, he had no interest in taking the life of someone so far beneath him, there was no merit in it. Perhaps if he had been fighting in a duel to the death he would have taken the gloves off, and tried to actually kill....But that just wasn't who he was. So when she did go to retrieve her Feraligatr no resistance would be given to it. Instead he turned his attention to her Aegislash with a hidden smirk.

"Such an interesting pokemon.....Usually people who have one are good at hand to hand combat....I sense no such prowess within you." The Sacred Sword would find purchase against his Empoleon, and launch it across the waters surface. It hurt, but the Emperor of the Oceans wasn't out of the fight so easily. "Oshun....Chilling Water, don't let it up!" He gave the command, and soon a frigid stream of water would rise from the Empoleon's mouth, and shoot towards the Aegislash. If it connected then it would lower it's opponents attack.

"Now heal...." He gave the command as his Empoleon surrounded itself in rings of water. Aqua Ring would slowly heal it over time, making sure that it could continue fight where others might go down. While not as powerful as Gastrodon's recover, it would still provide a nuisance for this poor girl. However this time he refrained from having Shak attack. It didn't have anything that would necessarily bother that floating sword anyways, so there was no need to bother with wasting more energy at the moment.

"It is curious that you didn't send out more pokemon....Fighting fairly will only ensure that you lose, little girl...." He mused to her without a hint of remorse in his robotic voice.

TLDR
Empoleon is hit by Sacred Sword!
Empoleon retaliates with Chilling Water! If it hits Aegislash loses a stage of attack!
Empoleon uses Aqua Ring because Amor is going to be obnoxious!
Gastrodon stands by for the moment!

MP Total
+7 posts +70
Participation +50
+1 KO an Enemy Pokemon +10

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 22:05:51 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

In that quick moment, in spite of his continued taunting, his incessant poking and prodding, Yuina and Daikenki raced towards Crowley in the water and she was able to return the croc to his Pokeball. She had almost hesitated though, as if when she was going to be right there, holding his Pokeball out, that he would have gone in for an attack... But he didn't? He didn't even try to stop her from getting to Crowley in the first place? From what she knew to be true already, he was relentless, and was bent on her destruction, he'd made that very clear... But she was able to make it to Crowley, and he didn't even make any remarks about her fallen Pokemon, instead turning his attention towards Swann.[break]
She was certainly confused... why would he be so insistent on proving his power in this situation, and then let her reclaim her Pokemon so freely? What's more, Yuina watched Swann rush towards the blue penguin in the water and strike, and, that actually worked? She had a chance... She had a chance to get out of this, if that was even a possibility, she couldn't know if he would pursue if she fled... But that stupid, recklessness that flooded her, something in her subconscious shouting and screaming at her that she couldn't dare leave this fight...[break][break]
"You don't know anything about me. I should be able to surprise you," she returned. And dug her grave in kind. She shouldn't have said it out loud, but she did, and she couldn't take it back. This wasn't a fight about the war right now, this was a fight for her and how much she hated the derision thrown at her. She couldn't sit here and take it, the empty compliments to insult her, calling her little girl, if she fled now, that would only give him more to use against her. She and Daikenki turned in the water, and the blue Pokemon was healing...[break]
"Swann, again," Yuina called, and the Aegislash rushed forward again shield down to hit the blue Pokemon with another Sacred Sword, shaking off the chilling water that splashed off of her body. Yuina leered at him though, he just kept calling her little girl, she clenched her fists in front of her.[break][break]
"Fine, but only because you asked," she returned, having been racking her brain this entire time trying to identify the Pokemon he had. She still wasn't sure about the blue penguin, it was obviously still a water type but Swann was doing great, but that thing that he rode, she was over it. And she wanted it gone. It had used that pelting ground type attack, and while she was really only assuming here, she was making an educated guess at releasing Bronson into the air. The Tropius trilled at raising into the air, his broad wings carrying him swiftly over the open ocean breezes, and as his leaves began to glow with the energy of Growth from the sunlight above, Yuina held tight to Daikenki.[break]
"Leafstorm," she called, and drew in a heavy breath as the Samurott ducked into the water, for no sooner had a flurry of leaves over taken the immediate area at Bronson's beating wings whipping furiously over the surface of the water.

notes[break]
Total MP: 180MP[break]
Swann the Aegislash is active[break]
Aegislash uses Sacred Sword on Empoleon again cause it totally worked the first time! Attack spam go![break]
Totally not a terrible idea, Yuina also releases Bronson the Tropius who uses Leafstorm on Gastrodon![break]