Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
992 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
SEA: SHRED & BAKI
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 5:13:35 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu"]
[attr="class","star1tsu"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu"]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]A pillar of smoke stains the sky, black like an ancient tree that extends to the heavens, branches stretching for miles. A ruin, remnants of a battle that had already been lost hours prior. She can tell just by looking at the aftermath, how this ship was steered toward an outcropping of rocks in its attempt to flee an unprovoked attack and was subsequently damaged irrevocably. [break][break]

All it's waiting for now is an evac, and time for the hull to finish taking water.[break][break]

"Hey lil' girl, what the hell are you doin' out here! This is a warzone, y'know!"[break][break]

She shrugs off the comment from the man who looks to be the captain as her Noivern drops her aboard. [break][break]

There's no time to correct misconceptions. [break][break]

She does look like a little girl. She is a little girl, by most accounts. But, forced to grow older than her years in the midst of battle, she's still a combatant. A child soldier, which the League will gladly use to its full potential. [break][break]

They don't care whether you're an adult here. As long as you can fight.[break][break]

"I've got water, food. Medical supplies. Right here, in this bag." [break][break]

She slaps the duffel bag slung over her shoulder, talking past him at the small group gathered on the deck. [break][break]

"Before the evac, anyone hurt?"[break][break]

She eyes an elder woman sitting on the floor, nursing her leg. The captain looks at her quizzically before he responds. [break][break]

"... Yeah. Margaret twisted somethin', maybe broke somethin'. Can't walk."[break][break]

Tsubaki scans the horizon quickly before dropping a ball onto the ground, her Cradily stretching its feelers as she approaches the woman.[break][break]

She's hurt. There's signs of blood. [break][break]

But nothing that wrapping her wound up with Leech Seed can't fix. It'll take a procedure to remove the vines later, but for now they make good bandages, keep the shattered bones in place.[break][break]

"You think you can manage now?"[break][break]

She asks, as the captain helps the woman to her feet, supporting her weight with the help of the first mate. She looks tired. Drained. But there's some sense of thanks, of hope in her eyes as she nods in response to Tsubaki. [break][break]

+ [break]
+ 70 MP, 1 post (10), participation (50), assist (10)

[attr="class","star3tsu"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/O3faOCk.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.75); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/O3faOCk.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.75); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 2:16:32 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Suddenly, the ship rocks to the side as something hits it hard in the hull. An icicle, to be specific, and a sharp one, too. It's managed to pierce through the thick metal and rip into the innards of the ship. It's not a problem right now, but that's only because the giant hole it created is being blocked by the same frigid dagger used to make it, just like a real knife wound. Except instead of keeping the blood from rushing out, it's keeping the water from rushing in.

That's a problem, because even now, the ice is beginning to melt from the natural heat. Droplets are already beginning to form from its glassy surface, trickling down and dripping back into the sea below. It won't be long before it breaks apart, and when it does, the entire ship will begin to sink twice as fast and twice as unsteady.

That might not be a problem, if a certain Pokemon wasn't intent on making it a problem.

"ARC! TO! ZOLT!"

The long-extinct menace hops aboard the deck, a shivering staticky mess of mismatched parts. As it looks around those gathered on the ship, its eyes eventually settle upon the Cradily, and that's all it needs to see. With a garbled howl, the prehistoric fauna charges at the prehistoric flora, and electricity begins to overflow from its mouth as it aims a Bolt Beak at its fossilized foe.

60MP, 50 for participation, 10 for x1 post.
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
992 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 22:09:02 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]The ship rocks wildly beneath their feet, sending everyone off balance save the prehistoric pokemon clinging stubbornly to the deck with suction cups. It snaps and snarls at the intruder as Tsubaki scrambles to the injured woman's side, helping to lift her off the ground.[break][break]

"Anemone! C'mon, hold it off!"[break][break]

The tentacles that ring her head ripple in response, as if she were already preparing for that eventuality. [break][break]

An intruder from a distant past, the same as her. She glares through the beast with primal disdain, remnant of a time when the world was younger and far more violent. She carries that ancient sensibility with her even now, blooming with prehistoric power that causes her body to shine.[break][break]

The air itself is filled with an aura not known to the modern age, crystallized history in the form of boulders falling down atop the Arctovolt as it comes near. They shatter under the Arcozolt's strength, the abomination smashing through that wall to crush Anemone's body. She lets out a screech before the weight of boulders cascading down punch holes in the deck.[break][break]

The two creatures are sent hurtling down through the floor into the flooded interior of the ship, Cradily wrestling with it for control.[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 80 MP, 2 posts (20), participation (50), assist (10)

[newclass=.petalbasetsu]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/O3faOCk.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.75); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/O3faOCk.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.75); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 16:30:19 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Dinosaur and flower wrestle for control as they tumble down, through the shattered deck and down to the waters below. It's a vicious struggle, a desperate dance of writhing free from suction cups and dodging snapping jaws, each one battling to gain the upper hand. For a moment, the two seem to be evenly matched, but that's about to change. After all, to battle upon solid ground is one thing, but the instability of the stormy seas is another matter entirely.

When they hit the water, Cradily is the one on top, but the split-second shock of impact is all Arctozolt needs to pry itself free from its grasp. From there, it's only a short paddle to return back to the surface of the rising tide. The risk posed by the opposing Pokemon may be the primary threat, but the risk of drowning cannot be discounted, either. The water level is already high, and it's only going to get higher with every second that passes.

Which means the assault can't let up.

Bobbing down, Arctozolt leaps out of the water, and during its single precious second of airtime, it calls upon the same power that Cradily did mere moments earlier. Rocks manifest out from its icy body, called forth by Ancient Power, and with a strained roar, it launches them down into the water.

The beast seems intent on making this place a watery grave.

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
992 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 1:54:36 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]The dinosaur returns prehistoric power in kind, jutting, jagged edges of the past that cut into the flower's body and leave her bruised and bleeding. She screeches, forgetting herself amid the rush of battle. [break][break]

In a place forgotten by the present, this battle between flower and the dinosaur's anterior body, its piscene relative, was a common occurrence, one in which the two struggled for territorial supremacy. Though the cry is unknown to the grass-type pokemon, though its beak is filled with electricity, though the need for oxygen is something this fish has never once needed before, Anemone recognizes her ancestor's genetic rival instantly.[break][break]

A screech tears through the boat, and tendrils search for a body to wrap themselves around, dragging this abomination of archaeology to the depths where it belongs, to the place of its abyssal origin... well, at the very least, half of it.[break][break]

The ships stirs beneath Tsubaki's feet as she helps to drag the wounded to a life boat, needing to brace herself against the two ancient pokemon's rage roiling beneath the deck. She grimaces and bears the weight. [break][break]

"Just hold on... I've gotcha..."[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 100 MP, 3 posts (30), participation (50), assist (20)

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 18:38:07 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Root-like tendrils begin to reach out, seeking to ensure that the Arctozolt goes down with the ship. On land, avoiding them would've been trivial. Within the rough waters? It is a struggle of thrashing and kicking and pushing, trying to get away from the grappling appendages. Had they truly been that same piscine ancestor, it would have been effortless to navigate the rising and falling sea, but in this instance, the godless mish-mash of ancient fossils possesses all the wrong traits for this kind of battle.

As it struggles to dodge, the Arctozolt resorts to Freeze Drying the water, before scrambling onto the resultant ice. A solid foothold, but also one with nowhere else to go. A dinghy, left to face down a kraken on its lonesome. How fortunate, then, that the lone sailor lacks the common sense to back down.

But really, the battle between the two is secondary. The primary purpose of Tsubaki's presence here isn't to pick fights, but to rescue the passengers of this ship. Slowly but surely, the lifeboat is loaded with more and more people. The ship won't last much longer, but it doesn't have to. Her mission here is almost done. All she needs is a few seconds longer...

THUMP!

Except all of a sudden, a shape leaps out from the water and Pounces aboard, and the boat is filled up. Six seats are taken up by six long legs. Through a film of water, a pair of blue eyes look to the girl, unblinking, before turning away. Away from the trainer, and towards the wounded victims.

"H-hey! STOP! HELP!"

With two of its legs, Araquanid picks up one of the terrified passengers, and attempts to introduce them to the bubble of water around its head.

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
992 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 6:05:30 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Tendrils recoil rapidly exposed to freezing air, shriveling and causing the grass-type pokemon to shiver with a violent screech.[break][break]

Frost coats the inside of the cabin, inhospitable to the ancient predator, though it retains its wits on sheer primal instinct. Roots crash through the floor, keeping the plant steady as it turns and gazes at the dragon-fish with fury. Not a moment later, vines crash through ice and wooden planks, aiming to ensnare the beast.[break][break]

On the deck, Tsubaki gathers the last of the evacuees. [break][break]

"C'mon, in ya go!" She ushers them along, hoping to get out of the way of the violent creature below deck, when she catches movement out of the corner of her eye.[break][break]

"Don't push, let everyone in-- a-ah... fuck."[break][break]

It's a blur. Ship rocking beneath her, an assortment of legs climbing over the side of the lifeboat, and civilians who open their mouths to scream at a monster they've just noticed. She scrambles to get between them and the spider before it's too late...[break][break]

She grabs a ball from her hip and smashes it into the spider's abdomen, letting the results speak for themselves: a jumble of limbs and segmented body parts, and sharp, sharp horns all aimed upward. There is a brief moment's pause while her Scolipede collects all the energy in its body, and then a megahorn shoots straight upward to toss the Araquanid away.[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 120 MP, 4 posts (40), participation (50), assist (30)

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 23:13:44 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
The Arctozolt is not going to give up. Every second that it fights, the icicle digging into the hull of the ship continues to thaw, and more and more water flows inside. That is its role in this endeavour, to be the distraction, to wreak as much havoc as possible and demand the enemy's attention. It isn't glamourous, but neither is his existence. The mismatched Pokemon appreciates disorder. Chaos suits him just fine. He revels in the mayhem, and he's all too happy to enable it.

As vines burst forth from beneath the ice to grapple him, lightning overflows from his mouth. Any tendrils that draw too close are met with a Bolt Beak to fend them off. So long as it can still fight, it can still buy more time, and it's clear that the beast still has plenty of fight left.

All that's left is for Araquanid to carry his weight.

The spider gets off to a rough start. With its attempted snatching blocked by the Scolipede, it ends up gathering zero captives, and on top of that, it ends up entangled with the centipede, too. At first, the situation seems difficult, and it only grows more dire as the more-legged insect begins to charge a Megahorn. However, faced with such a dangerous problem, the better-legged arachnid has a solution in mind.

Four legs grip the Scolipede around its long, segmented body, narrowly avoiding the many spikes and spines of the exoskeleton. Then, just as the horn starts to thrust forth, Araquanid uses its last two legs to Pounce, combining its own forward momentum with the momentum of the Megahorn in an attempt to throw the Poison-type overboard and into the rough waters.

Could a centipede swim? Better yet, did Tsubaki want to risk finding out?

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
992 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 8:42:38 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Anemone snarls at the fish-bird, her vines torn apart by a beak entirely foreign to her kind. She doesn't care for it one bit, prefers the simplicity of a simple match between herself and the creature's fish half. All these rogue elements, strange noises and sensations she can feel transmitted through her vines and in the air around her, her frustration builds until finally, she can't handle it anymore.[break][break]

The Cradily's eyes glow with prehistoric power in the dark of the cabin, illuminating the flooding compartment around them. And then, without a moment of hesitation, boulders condensed from that very power are sent hurtling toward the intruder with enough strength to throw it out of the ship and into the sea, taking the side of the ship with it.[break][break]

"Kazu!"[break][break]

Tsubaki shouts as the life boat swings wildly from the strength of two gigantic insects wrestling, throwing everyone inside it from side to side. Legs strike against a red, rock-hard carapace, and sharpened antennae bounce off the surface of the bubble on the spider's head, neither making any decisive blows. It's only when the Araquanid lifts the centipede and throws it that any headway seems to be made.[break][break]

Suikazura anticipates hitting the water, balling himself up and shielding his body from the impact. And yet, the impact never comes. Instead, vines coiling from the inside of the ship wrap around him and toss him back into the air, where he falls right onto the Araquanid, his balled-up form performing a rollout on the beast.[break][break]

"H-hey! You're gonna snap the ropes!"[break][break]

Tsubaki calls out, shielding the passengers on the ship from the battle ensuing just feet away. [break][break]

+ [break]
+ 130 MP, 5 posts (50), participation (50), assist (30)

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 20:53:24 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
The Arcotozolt sees the boulders flying towards it, and prepares to dodge. And, had it been a Dracozolt or an Arctovish, it would've done so successfully. However, the electric parts dove to the left, while the icy parts ducked to the right, leading the dinosaur to crack its own neck, and get hit head-on. With a yelp, the prehistoric predator was reduced to prehistoric prey, and sent crashing through the hull and splashing into the sea outside.

"AAAAAGH!"

But in doing so, it had still succeeded in its mission - Its body had punched yet another hole into the boat, and more and more water rushed in to fill the gap. It wouldn't be long before the entire ship was submerged, buried within the ocean. Now, all Araquanid had to do was fulfill its half of the mission.

Easier said than done. The spider had successfully managed to throw the centipede overboard, but with the Cradily now free, the two Pokemon were quick to team up against the one. Rearing back, water frothed from its mouth as it lashed forth with a Liquidation, clashing against the Rollout, and just barely managing to to push them back. It wouldn't be sustainable to stay here and fight, nor was that why it was here. All it had to do was steal a few warm bodies, and it would be more than successful. To that end...

KCHT! KCHT! KCHT! KCHT! Four legs stab where the cables connect to metal, and all of a sudden, the lifeboat begins to fall into the ocean, where the Water-type can do their best work.

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
992 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 0:38:02 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]The giant centipede screeches as crimson armor is cracked under the raw elemental pressure of the sea. Sent flying back, he lands atop the sinking ship, glaring back at the araquanid with rage. Like proper knight, he deflects the attack of one monster unto himself at great cost. One more life protected, if only for a moment.[break][break]

"Nem! Good timing!"[break][break]

The girl's Cradily lets out a primal roar and opens her petals to the skies, a wall of water from the sea come rushing in like a storm drain to rejuvenate her. [break][break]

Tsubaki shouts in relief, while the civilians on the boat all cower and let out cries of terror. The celebration is cut short, though, as the boat falls out from beneath her. Tsubaki braces herself against the side of the boat, propping up the injured woman beside her as they all balk at the Araquanid's might.[break][break]

"H-hold on, everyone!"[break][break]

Vines from the ancient flower flow outward to wrap around the boat and brace it against the Araquanid's assault. Meanwhile the centipede, large as a horse, launches itself off the side of the ship. Careening toward the giant spider with a reckless double-edge, she tries to tackle it clear off the edge and take it into the sea along with it, away from the passengers. [break][break]

+ [break]
+ 150 MP, 6 posts (60), participation (50), assist (40)

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 6:11:00 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Scolipede crashes into Araquanid, the sheer force of the impact sending both of them careening into the water. A mess of far too many legs thrash and splash about, grappling for dominance over the other. The spider attempts to repeatedly Headbutt the centipede, tryng to knock it out so that it might get back to the lifeboat before it gets away.

But it's too late. Already, the dinghy is floating away upon the rough seas, away from the sinking ship and out towards freedom. Not safety, not by a long shot, but certainly away from the present danger.

"AAARRRCblublublublubTOZOLT!"

Except that there's one hurdle left to cross. The dinosaur bursts out from the water, managing to stop drowning for long enough to throw one last wrench in the works. Its mouth froths with a glacial cold, which it proceeds to vomit all over the hull of the lifeboat. A Freeze Dry, meant to stop the vessel in its tracks.

And then, like the not-quite-fish it once half-was, it crashes into the water once more.

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
992 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 6:29:33 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Kazu returns poison-tipped megahorns in kind as both giant insects hurtle through the sea, hoping for one sharp horn to pierce the bubble over the spider's head, or pry itself into its thorax somewhere.[break][break]

Tsubaki rushes to the side of the lifeboat, leaning dangerously over the edge trying to follow her Scolipede's movements through the water. As she dangles over the edge, the dinosaur pops its drowning head above water to coat the small dingy in ice, Tsubaki along with it. She lets out a scream of surprise, cursing as she shudders in the breeze.[break][break]

"Fu-fu-fuck-achooo!!"[break][break]

Desperate, several men in the boat rush to pull her back onboard, but they don't make it in time. A shoe's all that's left on the life boat as she plunges toward the open ocean.[break][break]

A shriek from the now-thoroughly-destroyed ship echoes out over the sea, and tendrils of vines snake through the open waters, searching for her body. With her leech seed searching for signs of life, Nem scans the waters as she slides into the sea, looking for the perpetrators, and looking to retrieve her master.[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 160 MP, 7 posts (70), participation (50), assist (40)

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 10:48:12 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
In a close quarters fight against such a pointy foe, Araquanid is at an undeniable disadvantage. With a single stab, the two horns burst its bubble and pierce its flesh with a single strike. Worse still, the Scolipede's venom pours in through the wound, afflicting the spider with a powerful poison. It won't be long before it spreads, and once that happens, this fight is as good as lost.

Luckily, Arctozolt managed to create an opening. As Tsubaki falls into the water and Cradily dedicates its attention to searching for her, the briefest window of opportunity presents itself. Everyone on the lifeboat is now unguarded and unprotected. If it can grab a few of them with one arm, and pick up Arctozolt with the other, then four legs will be enough to carry them to a retreat. It won't be a particularly glorious or glamorous victory, mind, but kidnapping one or two is better than kidnapping none at all, and given how dire the circumstances are, then it'll still be a victory.

So, with one last Pounce, Araquanid leaps forth, aiming to snatch as many hostages as possible with a single arm.

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
992 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 6:20:20 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Freezing water steals her breath. [break][break]

Baki dives, down, down as far as she can to get away from the battle above, but she can already feel the cold creeping into her hands, her fingers. She's gotta surface at some point.[break][break]

She feels something grasp at her ankles. As it feels her, it grasps suddenly and pulls sharply, yanking her close. A triumphant primal roar, she recognizes Nem's voice echoing through the water, and she quickly embraces her.[break][break]

As she shoots toward the surface - as Kazu breaches the waves with sharp horns - the panic aboard the lifeboat is palpable. [break][break]

"Got one! It's the girl!"[break][break]

The first mate pulls her aboard, and she coughs sea water from her lungs. Gasping, she takes inventory of the passengers. [break][break]

"Margaret. Arceus, Margaret. The spider took 'er, right in front o' me. Arceus... why..."[break][break]

The Captain clutches his head in his hands, muttering under his breath. Weary eyes hardly register Tsubaki as she stares at him. First mate wraps her in a towel and lifts her to her feet, while Kazu stares out at the sea to ensure the enemy pokemon don't return. [break][break]

"Took both the women. Margaret and 'er friend. You did well girl, but-- no, hell no, yer not goin' back out there!"[break][break]

Her firmly pushes Tsubaki back down in her seat. She's shivering. She's exhausted. She's weak. But these people, they need her to be a hero, don't they? Isn't that what Navy would do?[break][break]

"Please, let me..."[break][break]

"You go after 'em now, you'll end up missing too! Then you won't save anyone! Coast guard's on its way, they'll file a missing person's report. Listen, lass, I'm not filing another for you today. Sit!"[break][break]

He forces her back down a little more firmly for a second, and she curses under her breath. [break][break]

It's only when she dries herself off a little, when the ET are treating the Captain's wounds, that the First Mate turns his back long enough she can slip away. The battle isn't over. There's people out there to save...[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 570 MP, 8 posts (80), participation (50), assist (40), sea (100), loss (300)

[/newclass]