TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
SHORE: BARNABY & NENET (RT)
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 0:20:34 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

Nenet isn't entirely sure why she's been assigned guard duty to this cave, but there she stands with a flashlight sweeping the area occasionally and a Hatterene at her side. Evening is looming, and with each passing minute she hopes more and more someone calls an end to this excursion and lets her return to the safety of Mossdeep.
[break][break]
A crack in the nearby vegetation alerts her to something, or someone's, presence.
[break][break]
"Jack," she calls, hoping that it's at least someone she knows. Maybe it's relief from this and she can finally go home.
[break][break]

NOTES

- .[break]
- 10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.[break]
- 50 MP for participation in a RT Battle/Mission.[break]
- Total: 60 MP.

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 22:46:52 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

was not here to greet , though he'd soon suffer a similar fate as his friend.[break][break]

No, unfortunately for her, she'd found herself vulnerable and alone while a ROCKET skulked in the shadows.[break][break]

When she called out, an enormous Mega Evolved HOUNDOOM padded from the vegetation — alone. Fire crackled in the beast's gaping maw, barely contained by gnashing teeth, threatening to spill over if she or her HATTERENE were to move in any way.[break][break]

A huge distraction, hopefully taking Nenet's attention away from , who'd scaled the rocky mountainside above her in anticipation for this moment. When the opportunity seemed right, he'd vault down and land beside her.[break][break]

Combat knife already in hand, he'd attempt to span the space between them with his weapon extended.[break][break]

"Don't move."[break][break]

If she complied, he'd continue his instructions, his voice digitally distorted by the mask her wore.[break][break]

"Recall your Pokémon and I won't hurt you. I just want access to this cave."[break][break]

There'd been leaked intel about alternate ways to enter the mountain. Something about pressure plates opening hidden passages. Barnaby wondered if perhaps this entrance guarded by was an easier in than that.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]
[break]
MEGA HOUNDOOM [1/3]
[break]

TOTAL: 180 MP[break]
+ 100 MP for shore mission[break]
+ 50 MP for participation in an RT battle/mission[break]
+ 10 MP use mega evolution in your thread[break]
+ 10 MP for incorporating faction race obstacles[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in an RT battle/mission

[attr="class","barnaby-pkmn"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -35px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 19:54:30 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

The Houndoom works as intended.
[break][break]
Distracted by the unattended pokemon, she jolts at the movement to her side, stumbling several steps back at the sight of the weapon now brandished in her face. She can't make anything out of the figure before her between the mask and altered voice, and a bone-deep certainty danger is just around the corner.
[break][break]
Looking from the knife to her masked assailant, Nenet spreads her hands to show she's unarmed as she suggests in turn, "Put the knife down and I'll recall her."
[break][break]
Nenet's gaze cuts over to her Hatterene, the pokemon bristling as it eyes both Barnaby and the Houndoom. Unspent energy crackles around the Hatterene, its tail-like appendage whipping through the air violently.
[break][break]
She silently hopes the pokemon holds its growing temper.

NOTES

- .[break]
- Total: 70 MP.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 0:36:15 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

He had no plans to put the knife down.[break][break]

Compromise was not something cared to entertain. Not now, during wartime. And never because he truly wanted to. [break][break]

In all things, he demanded singular control.[break][break]

This encounter was no different, though may have thought otherwise, as Barnaby incrementally lowered his weapon — but did not drop it. Instead, he took another step forward, his proximity likely pressing her to the wall of the cavern.[break][break]

"She'll be dead before you can," He warned, his HOUNDOOM's guttural growl emphasizing the threat.

[break]
MEGA HOUNDOOM [2/3]
[break]

TOTAL: 190 MP[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in an RT battle/mission[break]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -35px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 22:50:40 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

A lowered weapon Nenet could handle; the pressure constricting her chest loosens just a bit. Maybe she could get out of this unscathed after all.

[break][break]
How wrong she would be.

[break][break]
"I really don't want to fight," Nenet promises, her hand inching towards her waist to retrieve her Hatterene's pokeball. She steps back as Barnaby steps forwards, her back hitting the rocky wall of the cavern's opening. In that instant though, her Hatterene makes up her own mind and there's a massive surge of energy as the Pokemon Mega-Evolves without direction.

[break][break]
"Hatterene," she bellows, momentarily distracted from the man threatening her. With a shrill shriek, Hatterene levels Brutal Swing towards the Houndoom, sealing Nenet's fate.

NOTES

- .[break]
- 10 MP use mega evolution in your thread.[break]
- Total: 90 MP

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 1:10:25 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Unlike Nenet's Pokémon (apparently), Barnaby's were rigorously trained for combat situations just like this one. [break][break]

So when the HATTERENE's temper peaked and it surged forward to strike, Bellona was prepared to retaliate. Mouth already agape with spilling flames, she met the BRUTAL SWING with a FIRE FANG of her own, clamping onto the limb and shaking vigorously.[break][break]

Meanwhile, used the distraction to lunge forward, free hand open to clasp 's arm and spin her around, pinning her to the cavern wall. [break][break]

"This is a battlefield," He replied lowly, leaning into the crook of her ear. Intimately, uncomfortably close.[break][break]

"You don't have a choice, I'm afraid." [break][break]

None of them did.[break][break]

He'd hold her if she struggled, tightening his grip on her arm. And after a moment, where he allowed her time to process her new reality, Barnaby brought the point of his knife to the side of her neck.[break][break]

"If you want to leave here alive," He continued, sounding almost pleasant in the way he threatened her. "Tell me any League intel you possess. How to enter the mountain, what's inside. Something valuable that's worth your life."

[break]
MEGA HOUNDOOM [3/3]
[break]

TOTAL: 200 MP[break]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 3:49:37 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet could count on her fingers the number of times she found herself in a true pokemon battle, and this specific instance only ticked her over onto the second hand for counting. Regardless, despite the pain blossoming in her back and the knife pressing into her neck, her expression chilled. Yes, she was terrified, but she would neither shriek nor beg for mercy.

[break][break]
Instead her golden eyes levelled with her assailant, who stood only a bit taller than her, and she answers venomously, "I'm a scientist at the Mossdeep Observatory who picks up research for other Rangers when they're sick or otherwise indisposed. How much do you think I know?"

[break][break]
This was neither her circus nor her monkeys, but she doubted very much that this Rocket member would care.

[break][break]
Outside their mega-evolved pokemon clashed. She could hear the shriek of her Hatterene and feel the hellish flames brutally raising the temperature around them all. Her Hatterene desperately terastallised, sending crackles of brittle black light upon the air as her typing changed to Dark.

[break][break]
Hatterene sent off a Dark Pulse in Houndoom's direction, and the tunnel and rocks around them shuddered...

NOTES

- .[break]
- 10 MP use terastallization in your thread.[break]
- Total: 120 MP.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 0:31:37 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

As the cavern quaked, threatening collapse, decided that he didn't quite have the time to play with as he normally would.[break][break]

A sharp whistle from him signaled to his HOUNDOOM that it need to start wrapping things up. To the giant canine, that meant taking the DARK PULSE head-on (which hurt, but not incredibly so considering its Dark-typing) and then returning the attack tenfold with an INFERNO.[break][break]

Meanwhile, Barnaby got down to business.[break][break]

"I think you know something, or you wouldn't be stationed here."[break][break]

With that, he abruptly pulled away, hold still tight on her arm, and thrust Nenet to the stony earth. He didn't leave her there to recover, however. Immediately, the admin made to straddle her, pinning one of her arms between her body and his leg.[break][break]

The other arm was allowed to be free, if only to be held down by his left hand. In his right hand the knife remained, though his grip had changed.[break][break]

Without warning Barnaby slammed the butt of his knife down onto the woman's wrist.[break][break]

"Tell me what you know," He warned, eerily calm. "Or this will get much, much worse."[break][break]

_7e5jUja

[break]
MEGA HOUNDOOM [4/3]
[break]

TOTAL: 210 MP[break]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 22:29:39 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Pain blossoms, and Nenet gasps a ragged breath as she finds herself slammed onto the ground, the air simmering around them with all of the rage of a wildfire. None of that matters as she finds herself staring up at her assailant, her stomach clenched and heart in her throat.
[break][break]
She chokes down her emotions, golden eyes sheened with tears from unspoken pain.
[break][break]
"Killing me is a net loss," Nenet assures Barnaby in a tight voice. "I don't know what's down there other than a door," she answers. A door which held multiple Heatrans that had tried their best to end and Nenet's existences with gouts of flame, but still, it wasn't a lie to say she hadn't a clue what laid beyond.
[break][break]
At present she rather hopes the man atop her finds himself in the middle of a solo-barbecue.
[break][break]
"Why would I risk my life for a door when I have all of my research, all of my work to continue with?"
[break][break]
Outside her Hatterene cries in pain, and after one more Brutal Swing, loses her momentum and fails to maintain her mega-evolution; a burst of energy spills out as Hatterene's form subtly lessens. Though the Hatterne's terrestrialisation remains, it does little good against Barnaby's Houndoom as her flesh scorches beneath the Inferno. The pokemon sways, and then ultimately swoons into a faint while disappearing into a burst of light.
[break][break]
Once more the tunnel rumbles, and not too far down the way the sound of rock dislodging and slamming into the ground can be heard.
[break][break]
"Stop," Nenet whispers as pain bleeds back into the cracks of her awareness. "I don't know what's down there. I was only told to stand here."

NOTES

- .[break]
- 10 MP use terastallization in your thread.[break]
- 10 MP for knocking out another character or their Pokemon[break]
- Total: 160 MP.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 1:41:52 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Killing would be one less ranger to worry about in future, inevitable struggles like this one. It didn't seem like such a loss to him.[break][break]

humored the idea as he observed the woman writhing in pain beneath him. The way her pupils dilated and sweat beaded along her dirt-smudged brow spoke of a swallowed, tangible fear. Of him. And what he could do to her.[break][break]

Luckily, some of the nonsense she squawked was of use.[break][break]

"A door?" That was news to him. "Tell me more—"[break][break]

Before Barnaby could continue, the cavern around them shuddered violently, cutting him off. Not too far away, the sound of crumbling rock echoed out, warning them of a possible cave in. [break][break]

Letting out an annoyed exhale of air, the ROCKET admin sprung up and off of Nenet. He wasn't about to get trapped under a pile of stone and earth. wasn't worth the risk.[break][break]

He didn't bother helping her to her feet. In fact, it was probably more advantageous for her to be trapped here... but she'd be allowed to live, for the time being. The crumb of information she'd given was enough to spare her life.[break][break]

She'd just have to be the one to save it now.[break][break]

"Here." Barnaby instructed his HOUNDOOM, who stood over the HATTERENE's unconscious body.[break][break]

The two soon faded into the mist as quickly as they'd come.

TOTAL: 470 MP[break]
+ 250 MP for "tying" an RT battle/mission[break]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 2:03:42 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Mercy was a commodity in short supply, much to Nenet's chagrin. Her assailant's demand was ultimately met with not her answer, but the rumble of the cavern around them.
[break][break]
Rocks slammed into the ground, sending waves of dust into the air while choking her lungs as she suddenly found herself alone. Fear momentarily seized her body, so much was happening in so little of time, and it's only when a rock strikes her head to split open the skin that she scrambles to her feet.
[break][break]
More rocks fall, battering Nenet's already bruised body as she limps from the tunnel. Dazed, she stares at her fallen Hatterene and barely has the cognizance to recall the pokemon. Sound echoes around her, scrambling her thoughts further as the world around her falls to pieces.
[break][break]
With a violent flash of light Pyroar pops from her pokeball and takes matters into her own paws; the lioness snarls in the direction the Rocket and his Houndoom fled as she ushers Nenet away from the tunnel entrance. Together, they also disappear into the cloaking interdream mists that shroud the area, one limping while the other paces with frenetic energy.
[break][break]
Nenet can feel her heartbeat thrum in tandem the surrounding haze.

NOTES

- .[break]
- 10 MP per IC post in an RT battle/mission[break]
- 10 MP for incorporating faction race obstacles[break]
- 10 MP for incorporating INTERDREAM MIST [break]
- 100 MP for completing a RT Mission.[break]
- 250 MP for "tying" a RT Battle/Mission.[break]
- Total: 540 MP.[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 3:59:23 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: