6,074 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
SEA: Josh and Dwayne [RT]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 7:21:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It had taken almost all day, but after some copious application of Antidote, Hyper Potion, and good old-fashioned rest, Snacker was ready to go. The vicious aquatic predator's SHARPEDONITE, partially embedded in the front of his saddle, glistened in the late afternoon sky. Mauville Gym Leader , seated on the Pokémon's back, headed back onto the high seas surrounding the island.

The poison completely purged, Snacker was ready to snack on more small watercraft. One in particular caught his eye. Rather than having the Sharpedo chew through its hull like he attempted to do in his encounter with , Josh opted for a faster and arguably more violent option. "Snacker, AQUA JET!" the Master of Faster commanded, both hands on the steering fin to turn his blistering fast mount away from a direct impact with the ship. Without a cocoon saddle, the outcome of a head-on collision would leave him little more than a pancake on the capsized ship's hull.

Shark and rider surged toward the ship. While their charge could be seen and heard, it was so fast that it would take impressive reaction time to thwart a crash and prevent the boat from possibly capsizing.

MP THIS THREAD: 10

{WC: 198}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Snacker       Sharpedo       Good
close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Twenty
July 4th
Bisexual
Pharmacist
Grunt
Watching the chemtrails
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dwayne
Dwayne Parker
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 16:48:50 GMT
Dwayne Parker Avatar
Dwayne had escaped his previous pursuer at least thirty minutes ago, and yet he still refused to return to the shore. Hanging onto his Galarian Slowpoke, Gabba, Dwayne has been searching tirelessly for a Rocket vessel to board. He knew that there were a few out here, and he refused to spend any more time as a solo agent. He had been ambushed, jumped, and bamboozled all day--he deserved a break.

Yet it took an age to finally find one, a black beacon amongst the blue. Dwayne grinned behind his mask, pointing frantically toward the boat. "Double time Gabba, before they take off!" Gabba began paddling like a madman, desperate for a breather himself. The two closed in on the ship, close enough for Dwayne to hopefully get someone's attention. Yet as he sat up straight and raises his hands, an explosion would rip through the hull. Dwayne and Gabba froze, watching helplessly as their salvation sank beneath the waves within seconds.

Dwayne's eyes twitched. He did not even see what had caused the ship to sink, his horrified trance breaking as he realized that it could still be nearby.

MPTRACKER
--50 for participation
--10 for post
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,074 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 3:47:14 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was a direct hit, Snacker's razor-sharp maw and fins slicing holes in the Rocket ship. The bucking force from the impact was enormous, the fabric of Josh's blue Ranger uniform tearing against his aquatic steed's sandpaper-like skin. The proud Sharpedo circled the sinking vessel like a big cat waiting to pounce.

As the ship disappeared beneath the surface, a Galarian Slowpoke keeping a young, masked man above the waves caught Josh's attention. Pushing his Sharpedo's large fin to steer him toward Dwayne, the Gym Leader called out to the young, masked man. "Are you the only survivor?" Josh asked, Snacker flourishing his jaws and fin that had just sunk the boat that had served as Dwayne's salvation. "Elite Ranger and Gym Leader Devlin. You should get out of here. This is a war zone."

MP THIS THREAD: 20

{WC: 135}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Twenty
July 4th
Bisexual
Pharmacist
Grunt
Watching the chemtrails
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dwayne
Dwayne Parker
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 23:07:22 GMT
Dwayne Parker Avatar
As his shock faded, Dwayne was seconds away from instructing Gabba to get as far away from this area as possible. Yet as he opened his mouth, someone would call out to him from nearby. Upon locating the source of the voice, Dwayne's entire face would clench behind his mask, his eyes bulging in terror. A man on a shapedo would identify himself as Josh Devlin. He claimed to be an elite ranger, and Dwayne would have no doubt about. It was likely this very Josh that had just sank an entire ship!

Dwayne thought his goose was cooked, but this guy did not attack right away. Instead, he implored Dwayne to run away with his life intact. Dwayne's face relaxed, was he really just going to let him go? He should probably just count his blessings and flee--but his curiosity burned within him. He had to know why. Finally the masked man gathered the strength to respond.

"I uh--wasn't on the ship--yet. Not to sound ungrateful but is there a reason you just want to--let me go?"

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,074 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 7:12:15 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The masked man really was confused, wasn't he? Snacker bucked Josh, forcing him to tighten his grip on the water-type's steering fun to remain seated. The bloodthirsty shark wanted to crush Dwayne between his jaws, grinding his flesh and bones to dust, Josh's firm hold on the fin the only thing preventing him from doing so.

"Whatever operation that was taking place on that ship is going to rot at the bottom of the sea with it," the Gym Leader explained. "Fighting you would be a waste of both my time and your life. It would be senseless. I'm sure League HQ would be more than willing to rehabilitate you and find a place for you." Popping a second Poké Ball open, a blue-scaled Dragonair, also wearing a saddle, would appear in front of Dwayne. "C'mon, saddle up and let's get you to safety." The outstretched Resheph floated on the water's surface.

MP THIS THREAD: 30

{WC: 152}
{PC: 3}

Resheph       Dragonair      Good
close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Twenty
July 4th
Bisexual
Pharmacist
Grunt
Watching the chemtrails
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dwayne
Dwayne Parker
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 16:03:41 GMT
Dwayne Parker Avatar
Get him to safety? Dwayne's eyes widened, the realization of what Josh meant sinking in. This was his way out, a clean break toward a better future. He never thought this would be an option, not with how the League had treated him before. Hold on there--treated him before.

Dwayne's eyes narrowed as the memory of the day's past encounters flowed through his head. He spoke out about his concerns immediately, "If I go with you--you're just going to lock me up right? You'll just put me in a cage and throw away the key, am I wrong? Please tell me I'm wrong. I can't--live like that."

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,074 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 5:20:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Dwayne seemed genuinely scared of the Gym Leader. As he had explained to many in the League, including , he saw no reason to raze the rank and file to the ground. The widening eyes were a sign that the Rocket before him was surprised at the mercy the League big-shot was showing him. He shook his head and raised his hands, waving them side to side at the pharmacist's remarks.

"You can't be more wrong," Josh softly answered with the voice of a caring father. "If you come with me, I swear on the Great One's name that I will do everything in my power to get you out from underneath the horrible people you answer to." He rode close enough to Dwayne that the Rocket could have easily made the first strike, if he so wanted. "I don't agree with everything the League stands for, either. But I can't stand behind the atrocities that Rocket's upper management force people like you to do. All I ask is that you are willing to turn a new leaf. Now, let's get you out of this horrible war. The Dragonair bus is leaving!"

MP THIS THREAD: 40

{WC: 192}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Twenty
July 4th
Bisexual
Pharmacist
Grunt
Watching the chemtrails
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dwayne
Dwayne Parker
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 16:08:34 GMT
Dwayne Parker Avatar
Was this--a way out? Dwayne shuddered, unsure of what to do as Josh and his pokemon came closer. Could it be so easy? Just go along with this guy and--everything would be okay? He could finally leave this horror-show behind, maybe turn over a new leaf at last. He--he had to. For his own sake he had to stop, this was his ticket to a better life. Dwayne leaned forward, reaching his hand out as he intended to grab a hold of the dragonair.

Gabba the Galarian slowbro did not agree. He saw the trainer as a threat, to himself and his master. As Josh moved forward and Dwayne leaned in to meet him, Gabba abruptly push Dwayne back before firing a blast of poison from his Shell Side Arm. Dwayne gasped as he witnessed the attack. "Gabba no!"

It was too late, Gabba had no intention of surrendering!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,074 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 0:01:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had dropped his guard, and he had been punished for it; when it looked like Dwayne was going to turn himself in peacefully, Gabba's envenomed SHELL SIDE ARM flew toward Snacker's rear, causing Josh's ride to jump out of control. The Sharpedo's skin began to fester with venom. The bucking and flailing shark threw Josh off in his pain, Resheph catching him and letting him switch ride Pokémon with relative ease.

Snacker was livid, the dark-type gnashing his powerful jaws into one another. He lunged toward Gabba, trying to take a big BITE out of whatever flesh his maw could reach. "Try that again and I can't guarantee you won't wind up in Snacker's belly instead," Josh threatened, Resheph pointing her primed AQUA TAIL at Dwayne as well.

MP THIS THREAD: 400

Posts (50)
Participation (50)
Completion (100)
Win (200)

{WC: 130}
{PC: 5}

Snacker       Sharpedo       Poison
close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Twenty
July 4th
Bisexual
Pharmacist
Grunt
Watching the chemtrails
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dwayne
Dwayne Parker
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2023 15:03:53 GMT
Dwayne Parker Avatar
Gabba's actions had dire consequences. The waves picked up, reflecting the sudden chaos of the scene. The furious Sharpedo had bucked Josh, and now charged at Gabba. Gabba aimed toward the shark's mouth, but the shark was smarter than he realized. It jammed itself into Gabba's shoulder, causing the slowbro to reel with pain. Dwayne struggled to hang on as he pulled out Gabba's pokeball.

Josh had gotten onto his dragonair, and began reprimanding the young goon. Dwayne's split focus was causing him to panic, he could not keep his eyes on both Gabba and the approaching Josh. "I'm sorry!" Dwayne yelled as he opened Gabba's ball. "I didn't mean-" The last thing Dwayne saw was the aqua tail aimed for his face. The strike knocked him off Gabba, just in time for the struggling slobro to be withdrawn.

Dwayne fell unconscious into the ocean, the harsh waves carrying him away from this disaster--leaving behind Gabba's floating pokeball.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,349 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 20:56:45 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: