[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS:[break]
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

SKY PILLAR[break]✥ LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1102470275758567474/meglal.mp3[/player][break]
Ultra Megalopolis - Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
[break]

A RUINED CITY IN ULTRA SPACE. It is unclear whether this is a different universe's Ultra Megalopolis or smaller colony. Regardless, it is a dark city with intermittent sections of flickering, artificial light... Large, black prism-like skyscrapers loom above flat black streets. Much ruin has fallen here, but you get the sense that you're not alone...

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 03 encounter hostile zombie-like MEGALOPOLANS that have been driven mad by the darkness. you may encounter any amount from a single one to a large swarm.
  • 05 survive a cyclone of sheer, swirling darkness that siphons all light into them and disables technology that utilizes electricity.
  • 06 hide.
  • 15 search for suitable locations to set up camp/base (e.g. an abandoned building).
  • 🗺️ utilize a z-move in an advantageous way.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,884 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS: IA
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 16:37:43 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"wait."

his hand is quick to rise, urging for them to come to a sudden halt as they come to the corner of a building. he listens intently, able to pick out odd sounds just down the road.

even in the deep darkness, it's difficult to miss them. dread creeps up his spine as memories of the battle of lilycove return to him.

it suddenly feels cold.

"we need to move."

03 encounter hostile zombie-like MEGALOPOLANS that have been driven mad by the darkness. you may encounter any amount from a single one to a large swarm.
[attr="class","stonetag"]
[attr="class","stonepoke"]
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 22:54:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she stills, his hand just barely stopping across her collarbones.

her voice drops an octave, slipping through darkness into a whisper.

"what is it?"

does she even want to know the answer?

around them, the dark swells. beyond it, a terrifying unknown. subconsciously, her body drifts a little closer to alex's - as if the body and soul still recognize him as a safe place, as a protector.

and in the darkness, she cannot see what lies near her feet... a bottle clinks against her boot and the sound echoes. it skitters up her spine, a soft gasp escaping.

"oh - that's not good."

the first aggressive, blank minded megalopolan rounds the corner and she reaches for alex's wrist, giving it a sharp tug.

"this way!"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,884 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 11:09:24 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]even after all this time, through life and death, he gravitates toward her with the instinctual desire to protect her.

glass clinks and the next thing he feels is a tug on his wrist that finds little resistance. he follows after her, tethered as they run from the crazed swarm.

"wait, not this way!"

because what immediately greets them is a swirling cyclone of sheer and utter darkness. luckily, they turn away in time to come out of it before it has a chance to swallow them whole.

he tugs her toward a building, slipping through the doors before closing it behind them.

"hide."

05 survive a cyclone of sheer, swirling darkness that siphons all light into them and disables technology that utilizes electricity.

06 hide.
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 2:40:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]darkness swells and coils around them, snuffing out whatever light creeps too close. she watches the cyclone with mild curiosity, though the tug of her hand prevents her from getting too close.

he leads them into an abandoned building and as the doors shut behind them, she reaches to pull him closer to her - a quick, reactive sort of motion.

she's quiet for a moment, chest still heaving from an anxious escape. and after a few moments, eyes searching his, she softly clears her throat.

"i think they're gone."

their mindless groans had long since passed.

her tone stays in soft territory regardless, as if afraid to draw too much attention to them in this building.

"think this might be good for camp?"

15 search for suitable locations to set up camp/base (e.g. an abandoned building).

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,884 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 8:06:47 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]some time passes before they're able to find whatever semblance of safety they can in this abandoned building. he breathes a sigh of relief, slightly caught off guard by how close they are when he finally realizes. he does not move away, however.

"i think so," he returns the whisper.

as bad of an idea it is to stay here, he knows venturing back out may prove deadly.

"at least for the time being. is that okay with you?"
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 16:30:31 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]something flickers between them - in her eyes and how they dart low, in body heat, in the fluttering of the lower belly.

this is a terrible idea. she recognizes the position, the possibilities, the consequences.

"yes."

he hasn't moved away. she hasn't moved closer. they linger like ghosts.

in eerie silence, doubt finds a suitable plot to take root.

"unless we shouldn't...?"

15 search for suitable locations to set up camp/base (e.g. an abandoned building).

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,884 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 9:32:23 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]like a ghost dragged back to the land of the living, he is the first to step away, creating enough—not much—space between them.

"it's safer to."

he admits with a sigh before turning to get a better look at the building they find themselves in. it's not much, but they'll make do.

"i'll admit..." he turns back at her, "the megalopolan scare me."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 17:32:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he steps away and the spell breaks - long enough to be swallowed back down and left to simmer into a boil another day.

they'll make do with what they have here.

though, when he turns back, her eyes soften. understanding comes quickly and beneath it, fear of her own.

"they scare me, too."

for a similar reason, though hers is selfish compared to his.

her hand reaches for his and squeezes.

"it won't happen again, alex."

she won't allow it.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,884 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 13:26:56 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"it's not dying i'm afraid of."

he has survived death.

"it has been years and there is still so much we don't know about them. about this place. about what they want."

her presence is comforting. he returns the squeeze of her hand.

"they could attack us tomorrow and we'd be as clueless as we were last time, save for the knowledge of ultra beasts we have now."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 16:37:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she hums, consideration heavy on her lips.

he has a valid point, sure, but there is still things he does not know.

"we've come a long way since then."

they all have - her most of all.

"while we don't know their true motives, they did align with team rocket during the meteno events."

and faintly, a curious little smile rises. it hides more than she knows, perhaps.

"there's ways to detect them, now. we're no longer sitting ducks."

not when it comes to the megalopolans, anyway.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,884 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 3:18:43 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"you're right. i'm just being overly cautious, i suppose."

but he cannot shake the feeling that they'll still be sitting ducks even with all the tools that they have.

he sighs, then decides to share a thought meant only for them.

"do you think i made a mistake coming back?"

whether he means to the league, to hoenn, or to the land of the living, he leaves the choice to her to decide.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 3:26:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"nothing wrong with being cautious."

a light shrug rolls through her shoulders. if he wasn't, she'd think he'd been replaced with his alternate self or something.

the question, however, catches her off guard.

her body tenses as if he's just shot her and in a way, perhaps he has.

"no."

is it a mistake? him being here, living and breathing in front of her? was she selfish when she dragged him across that border?

"i don't think so... but do you?"

did he even want to come back? to hoenn, to the league, to...

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,884 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 9:15:50 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]her question is met with silence at first as he finds it hard to gather the words because, in truth, he's not entirely sure himself.

"i don't think i'll ever stop feeling like a stranger."

a ghost.

"but i don't think it was a mistake, no. despite all that has happened, i'm glad to be back."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 13:54:16 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]him, a stranger? her eyes soften at the thought.

”it’ll pass, i think.”

in the way all things do, she supposes. it cannot stay the same forever and neither can he.

”you’re not a stranger, though — not to me.”

she flashes a small smile, reassurance sticking to the lips like honey.

”i’m glad...”

that he’s back, that it’s not a mistake, that he’s here and not going anywhere.

”have you decided what you’ll do next, yet?”

she feels a small sensation bubbling in her bones — as if she doesn’t quite belong in plans anymore. she tries to ignore it, but it persists all the same.