Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,365 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS: ZI
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 17:25:54 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The nearest door had been tempting indeed. Perhaps even too tempting. That was why, with his footsteps masked by the sound of shattered bone and rent flesh, he'd instead made his way into the second nearest exit.[break][break]

The cacophony of violence gave way to those heavy crystalline footsteps, growing closer and closer until suddenly they weren't. For a brief, beautiful moment, Isaac and Ogrelord were alone.[break][break]

That wasn't to say they were safe. So long as they remained within the Megalopolis' walls, they would never truly be. First, Isaac released a Pokeball, having his Ariados cover the opened door in a mass of Sticky Webs. Then he whipped out his phone and turned on the flashlight. There was no time to be wasted waiting for the spire's flickering lights.[break][break]

For a second, it seemed like he'd made a grievous mistake. The light caught black crystal, and a desperate Ogrelord charged forward to pummel the source while they still could. Fists rained down in a relentless flurry, not stopping until Ogrelord could hear something first sag, then cave in.[break][break]

It was a body encased in crystal, alright. But it wasn't Zev. Instead of wearing the crystals as if they were armor, this figure was pierced and penetrated by them. Only a corner of the corpse's face was visible, twisted into a silent scream. The rest was all hungering crystal, its growth jagged and angry as it overwhelmed its victim. A sweep of the flashlight confirmed Isaac's worst fears; dozens of other bodies, each sharing the same fate. Had Zev been here before? Or was this not his handiwork?[break][break]

Was this a warning of what might lie in store if he became dependent on his "gift?"[break][break]

Isaac took a look at the first body, the one Ogrelord had apparently broken. The black crystal still stretched in a thick, unbroken layer. Whatever Ogrelord had caved in, it hadn't been the crystals. Morbid as it may be, perhaps he could use that to his advantage. Isaac and Ogrelod each took a body, stringing them up within the webs to finish their blockade.[break][break]

Arceus. The fact that he could even make these decisions so calmly disturbed him. The fact that he could sense his own revulsion as he did so only made it worse.[break][break]

No matter. They couldn't afford to linger here. Isaac led his team into the next hall, hoping against all hope that they were working their way towards some manner of opening. If he could find even the slightest gap in this tower's outer walls . . .

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,805 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 17:53:37 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev walked in silence for several minutes, searching. During that time, he wondered if Isaac had finally managed to flee to a lower floor. After all, the elevator did work, and several stairwells were free of rubble.[break][break]

Just because Zev had said the opposite had not made it true.[break][break]

But then he heard a strange noise: the dragging of metal against tile. It didn't last long, but a moment was all he needed.[break][break]

The thick spider's web holding the Megalopolan corpses in place was new. Zev tilted his head at the absurdity of the obstacle, then cut a hole directly into the wall beside it.[break][break]

Fortunately, the hallway beyond was a straight path toward the elevator. At the far end of that section of the floor, the stairs had indeed collapsed, along with part of the tower's outer wall. Cold breezes sometimes entered through the man-sized hole.[break][break]

Zev followed the corridor, picking up his pace.[break][break]

19 encounter the haunting corpses of megalopolans that have been completely overtaken by black crystal or metal. it seems like the megalopolan's flesh has been completely overtaken by the material.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Lesser Megalopolis #5

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,365 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 0:50:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Never before had Isaac been so happy to see a dead end.[break][break]

According to Zev, the elevator was out of action. Knowing Zev, that was a bald-faced lie, but so what if it was? There were still far too many questions. How long would it take to arrive? How long would it hold up in this abandoned place? What if it was already swarming with Megalopians? Even if everything went according to plan, how long would it take to descend? Isaac may as well have served himself up in a food tin.[break][break]

Why was Isaac so happy, then? It was simple; those same downsides went both ways. The stairs would have been a better option, were it not for one little thing. Namely, there were no stairs. That just left the opened wall, which was no exit for anyone sane. Zev was capable of a lot. Hell, if he tanked that landing, he'd probably come out unharmed. But was he able to fly?[break][break]

Isaac would have to learn that the hard way.[break][break]

He'd never been so happy to feel a cold breeze before. Compared to the musty air that had been suffocating him since he'd arrived, it may as well have been a siren's song. However, he refused to let himself bank towards it as he ran down the hall. If Isaac knew anything about him and Zev's relationship, it was that Zev took him for a stubborn, hope-drunk fool. The Isaac he knew would hear the elevator was out and run towards it anyway, mashing his finger on the button in hopes for a miracle. If Isaac was to make it, he'd need to count on that belief.[break][break]

It was a good thing he did. The sound of crystal shattering stone made it clear that Zev had seen through his last little gambit. The sound of heavy footprints growing faster and faster, closer and closer, was a warning that his trap had done little to slow him down. In the flickering light, Isaac could see Zev's shadow stretching closer and closer. The smell of dried, fetid blood pierced his nose. Not a drop of it was Zev's own.[break][break]

It was almost time to do or die. Would he make it far enough to get a choice in the matter?

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,805 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 13:24:45 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

As Zev expected, he found Isaac trapped between the elevator, a dizzying drop to the city below, and the way he'd come.[break][break]

A dim ceiling light cast a circle of white across this dead end. Zev stood at its edge, the lower half of him visible, his upper half still cloaked in shadow.[break][break]

Crystalline tendrils emerged from the darkness around him like hungry serpents.[break][break]

Though his eyes were trained on Isaac, he glanced at the elevator buttons from the corner of his vision. They were unlit. Isaac had not tried to summon the elevator after all.[break][break]

"That was an interesting trick with the ice," Zev said, keen on extracting that last bit of information before he skewered the traitor. "How did you do it?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Lesser Megalopolis #5

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,365 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 13:45:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac had no idea how hot on his heels Zev had been until he'd stepped into the light. As he looked over his shoulder, he could see a pair of pants, bloodstained yet immaculately ironed, lurkung at the rim of the circle. Had he been but fingertips away the entire time?[break][break]

With each second, another writhing black shape formed at the edge of the circle. They punctuated every step Zev took, every move he made. Isaac could only see their tips, each one another glistening blade that hungered for his blood. Frankly, a lesser man's will would have broke just from the sight of them. They would throw themselves at Zev's feet for mercy instead of risking their wrath.[break][break]

Isaac had enough of Zev's mercy.[break][break]

For the first time in ages, he expressed interest in something Isaac had done. Of course he did. It was useful for him, whether as information he could leverage or as a resource he could claim for himself. In a way, it was bitterly poetic. Isaac could only reach such heights when he'd pried himself out from under Zev's thumb.[break][break]

Speaking of heights . . . well, no time like the present.[break][break]

Taranza the Ariados' eyes flashed. Psychic power pressed down on the ceiling light, shattering it instantly. As the last strings of light pulled away, Isaac fired off the bird with both fingers. He swiveled on his heel, wasting no time as he flung himself out the window.[break][break]

Grabbing him would be as futile as grabbing the wind itself.[break][break]

IWFKgpWd

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,805 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 14:52:27 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The most unexpected thing happened.[break][break]

It wasn't the lightbulb shattering or Isaac flipping Zev the bird.[break][break]

No, it was the way Isaac all but leaped out of the hole in the tower's outer wall, his body vanishing completely as a sudden gust of wind blasted through the corridor.[break][break]

Zev had lunged for him, tendrils whipping out to latch into Isaac's flesh. Instead, they sliced through open air, embedding themselves in the metal walls of the collapsed stairwell.[break][break]

Using them to steady himself, Zev stood within the opening, his hands gripping its jagged edge. But when he looked down, he saw no falling body. No one hanging from the tower's jutting edges.[break][break]

There was only the wind, clawing at his clothing as it wended its way through the city.[break][break]

6x07tK12

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Lesser Megalopolis #5

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]