6,976 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
striking encounters [s]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 7:43:35 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's smile beamed upon Alia as Blitz jumped down from the far side of the leap back to the starting area, Josh and Aslan not far behind. He was impressed; if they kept practicing, they would be able to to qualify in Great Class for next year's season opened. The rate at which she was picking up how to race Pokémon was impressive. "It's a common misconception that riding your Pokémon everywhere isn't healthy for you becuase you're not getting exercise. That couldn't be farther from the truth. It just exercises different muscles than if you were to walk or run."

Unsurprisingly, Alia looked tired after what seemed like her first Quick Attack. Josh was so used to riding at extreme speeds that his sense of speed had been dulled, forgetting what it was like to experience that kind of speed for the first time. It must have felt like Josh did the first time he rode 's Raikou-familiar. Perhaps even more so; the student looked drenched.

"You did really well! I just noticed one thing about your technique,"
Josh critiqued. "You don't want to lean in that far when using Quick Attack. Try to lean in so that your head is just barely above your mount's. It'll also keep your mount's back from slamming into you like that when at speed. This is especially important when riding on a big cat like Blitz, or anything else with an exaggerated gallop."

M: CANON CONNECTIONS (SEP '23)

@saturn

{WC: 243}
{PC: 8}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Blitz         Luxray**       Good
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Mystic        Ninetales      Good
Pinky         Sylveon**      Good
Crash         Boltund        Good
Janus         Espeon         Good
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
striking encounters [s]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 9:17:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","aliasong"]

alia beams, both delighted and flustered by josh’s kind words. despite the exhaustion sitting heavy in her bones, she felt like she was sitting on top of the world. the sport has hooked her more than anticipated, its action allowing her to temporarily release the thoughts that polluted her mind and forcing her to focus on the present moment instead. alia also found it incredibly rewarding to work with the ride pokemon, and could only imagine how much more satisfying the successes would feel if they were done with a close bond of her own. [break][break]

“that’s all thanks to you - you’re a great instructor.” the ranger responds to josh’s compliment with a shy duck of her head. she straightens her posture as he offers some advice about her riding posture, which she nods seriously in acknowledgment to. “i’ll be sure to keep that in mind next time - i can feel a bruise coming up already.” she lightly skims her chest with her fingers, a wince escaping her at the end of the gesture. [break][break]

“thank you so much for the lesson again! i had so much fun. i have so much to learn still, but i do think it might be time for me to call it a day.” alia vaguely gestures to her drenched attire and bruised body, a relaxed laugh bubbling in her throat. “and thank you, blitz, for being such a good and patient ride today.” she leans over to stroke her fingers through the luxray’s golden pelt, rewarding the feline for his hard work through affectionate pets.

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.aliasong]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.aliasong b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,976 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
striking encounters [s]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 7:20:06 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh threw his hands up in protest at Alia's kind words. "It's not just me! You've got a lot of innate talent. With your prowess, I'd recommend tracking down a ride Pokémon for land, sea, and sky as soon as you can. With those three, there's nowhere you can't go." The pained gesture didn't go unnoticed, and neither did the mention of a bruise. "Especially when you're first learning and getting to use to it, being saddle sore after going fast isn't anything new. I don't get sore from riding anymore unless it's really intense. Your body will adapt to it."

The Luxray purred affectionately at being pet, the rumbling again running across Alia's skin. "Of course! There's only so much your body can take. Perhaps next time we meet, I can take you flying!" With that, Josh led the student back to his Gym's lobby, where she could pick up her belongings and leave. She was even welcome to use the showers if she wanted.

M: CANON CONNECTIONS (SEP '23)

@saturn

{WC: 167}
{PC: 9}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Blitz         Luxray**       Good
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Mystic        Ninetales      Good
Pinky         Sylveon**      Good
Crash         Boltund        Good
Janus         Espeon         Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,929 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
striking encounters [s]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 21:53:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@saturn
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB