awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
REMORSE
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 9:40:00 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Many were here for Anna in her hour of need. Finding time to visit alone had been difficult, and it made not visiting at all easier as the days went by. Derek made no great showing until almost a week later, coming in the dead of night when she was expected to be sleeping.

He wasn't sure if he should wake her.

For once Derek was able to imagine a peaceful picture with Anna in mind. He never laid eyes on the cage she called home for so long. Only heard of it in the report.

Everything she suffered behind those bars was on him.

So why wake her now? She deserved a little more rest.
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
REMORSE
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 23:17:35 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango annal"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]she wakes, stirred by his presence or the sound of nurses bustling outside her door. 's face comes into view, blurry at first as sleep clings to the edges of her vision. she blinks a few times, expressionless as she tries to discern whether he's really there or if she's still dreaming. [break][break]
"derek."
[break][break]
she rasps out his name eventually.
[break][break]
"where were you?"

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".annal"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
REMORSE
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 14:47:26 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Words coming from inside the room cause Derek's attention to turn, flashing a smile towards Anna while considering how to answer. "You mean during the jailbreak? One of my pokemon got hurt pretty bad."

Being that it was the truth, it was easy enough to hide behind those words without betraying how Derek really felt. Though it only made him think even harder on his other pokemon. "I did want to come see you, but..."

The ranger's fuck up put her there in the first place. He didn't deserve to be affiliated with her liberation from that cell. "I was afraid to face you in front of anyone." It was impossible to know how she would react.
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
REMORSE
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 7:06:47 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
no.[break][break]
her expression remains the same — flat, eyes cold against the warmth of his smile — but she can feel her chest get tight as he speaks. [break][break]
that's not what i meant.
[break][break]
and as he confides his fears, her fingers seek the familiar linen of her hospital blanket. she curls them tight around the fabric, then takes a deep breath to ground herself as her anger threatens to sweep her away.
[break][break]
"no." she swipes her tongue over her bottom lip, feeling the chapped, stinging ridges. [break][break]"where were you?"[break][break]her eyes find his, dark with a poorly-concealed sense of injustice. it bleeds into her voice, growing in strength with each syllable. [break][break]"that day? where were you?"[break][break]when i needed you?

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
REMORSE
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 1:17:57 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
A long pause follows Anna's words, though unlike her, he has nothing to cling to for comfort. It's the thing Derek dreaded most, having heard it in his head a hundred times before she finally had the opportunity to say it herself.

...I was right there, Anna.

He doesn't know her pain, her suffering.

Never could. Never would.

Didn't even wish to.

How the hell did she even expect him to speak to that?

It's as if she doesn't even believe that he tried...

"What is it you want me to say?" After everything they'd been through, it was a wonder she was so eager to fight.
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
REMORSE
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 7:23:31 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
has never been the type of person to defuse a situation, so she shouldn't fault him for that. but she does. completely. for everything. maybe she had hoped he would create a cut that would let her anger bleed because it spills out when she speaks: [break][break]"i don't know, derek!" she explodes, throwing her hands up. "why did you let him take me? you just stood there! you should've — "[break][break]her voice fails before she can finish. you should've let me die that day.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
REMORSE
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 6:22:25 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
After everything, she blames him for...standing there?

"That's not how I remember it."

Maybe her time with Rocket really had taken it's toll?

"You looked like a deerling in headlights when that piece of shit came at you." Even with a gun in hand, she should have reacted more than a few steps back...

Especially for someone who was once a head ranger.

"...There wasn't a lot I could do without putting you at risk."

Maybe he should've just taken those odds. But that meant answering to , which he had no intention of doing. If Anna was his concern, why didn't he accompany her to the Ultra Deep Sea?

"I'm sorry I let it happen, but to say I did nothing..."

That was just wrong.

It would've been easier if they'd just taken him instead.