played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
i have a dream where you and i have the same dream!
awards
176 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
devil's manner (dd)
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 3:50:33 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","momo"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

oh no, oh no, oh no! momo ran and ran and ran as far as her legs would take her. she looked between bushes, under rocks, behind piles of logs, underneath a vine shroud, and nothing! no sign of her bulbasaur. and when her pokemon returned from their search, they also came up empty.[break][break]

there had been a few rumors on the road about disappearing pokemon, yet everyone laughed it off, saying if you or your pokemon got lost while traveling so close to a major city, then you deserved it. momo didn't necessarily agree with those statements, but she also didn't expect herself to become one of those victims. [break][break]

the problem was that she didn't know the area very well, and all the trainers on the road looked too busy to bother themselves with someone else's problem. momo, growing discouraged, spotted someone that also seemed to be looking for something. she approached him slowly, then stopped, wide-eyed at the familiar visage. she had never met the man in person before, but she definitely recognized his face! was that really josh devlin, the master of faster? [break][break]

whether it was or wasn't him, however, didn't matter. momo couldn't pass up yet another opportunity to ask for help. she carefully approached the other, swallowing her fear. "excuse me, you didn't happen to see a lost bulbasaur, did you? it was just here with me and the rest of my pokemon, but then suddenly it was gone, and i know what you're thinking, but i swear that my bulbasaur would never run off for no reason!" realizing she sounded a bit panicked, momo paused. she sighed quietly, and added on: "sorry, sorry. i'm just so worried. i heard about rumors of pokemon disappearing around here, so i couldn't help but wonder..." [break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-heart"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","milkycredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".momo"]--accent:#F08EB2;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
devil's manner (dd)
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 5:14:23 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
TO: (josh.devlin@hoennleague.gov)
MISSION: "Devil's Manner"
PROTOCOL: Hunt
DANGER: ★★★☆☆

We have received reports of mysterious Pokémon disappearances within and near Mauville City, as well as substantial increases in psychic residue within the coordinates referenced in the attached document. The most dense psychic residue is located near Lake May on Route 111, where psychic Pokémon are not native. We need you to perform a sweep of the area, rescue the missing Pokémon, and investigate what's going on. The whole situation reeks of a bad actor. Be careful and be prepared for anything.

There are six Pokémon missing. While it is preferred you rescue all six, you must bring five of them back safely for your mission to be considered a success.

Your objectives are as follows:

A) Rescue missing Pokémon
B) Analyze psychic residue
C) Neutralize all psychic hostiles

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

Though the mission's danger rating was low, this reeked of a Rocket operation too much for Josh to pull any punches. He was bringing his A-team to today's assignment, including the most powerful Pokémon he had in his arsenal. Riding up to Momo on the back of a quadrupedal Zeraora, with a Type: Null behind him, Mauville's Gym Leader would do his best to assure the coordinator her Bulbasaur would be okay.

"Not your Bulbasaur specifically, but I'll do my best to get them back for you," Josh answered, dressed in a blue Elite Ranger uniform. The Zeraora waved a paw toward Momo, the rider hoping the mythical feline's presence wouldn't scare her too much. "Elite Ranger Devlin, but you can call me Josh if you want. This has been going on for a while, and HQ's asked me to investigate. If you want to tag along to keep an eye out for your Bulbasaur, you can. Stay alert, though; I think there might be foul play at work." The Type: Null's eyes formed an unearthly stare toward the woods by the lake, Josh reining his feline mount toward it. From the Zeraora's lithe body and rippling muscles, one thing about Raikiri was clear.

This cat could run.

9gF5yHR9 Aleph obedience roll

{WC: 362}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
Aleph         Type: Null     Good
close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
176 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
devil's manner (dd)
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 10:20:02 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","momo"]
[attr="class","luck"]

wow, so he was josh devlin, master of faster! she didn't know he was also an elite ranger, but seeing him ride in on a quadrupedal zeraora, together with another pokemon that momo's never really seen before, made it seem fitting. part of her was relieved that someone so capable was on the job, but the rest of her wouldn't be at peace until she saw her bulbasaur for herself. "oh, thank you so much, elite ranger devlin! i mean, josh!" he was kind enough to offer a firstname basis to someone like momo, and momo would do the same for herself. [break][break]

"my name is momo. and i'd love to tag along, if that's really okay." but looking at his speed and his riding pokemon, momo realized she didn't quite have any riding pokemon herself. velvet the ribombee was bigger than average, but ribombees aren't strong enough to carry human weight, anyway. maybe silver the grovyle could carry her, instead? or maybe she'd just have to catch up with josh, if such a thing was possible. "um, and i promise not to get in the way, or anything." but she'd gladly offer the battling capabilities of her pokemon, instead, if it got to that! [break][break]

still, she was a tad bit worried. how far away were the missing pokemon? and who'd do such a terrible thing to kidnap them, in the first place? everything was so stressful to think about, but the pink-haired girl did her best to keep a smile on her face, anyway. didn't want to worry josh anymore than she had to, after all! [break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
devil's manner (dd)
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 5:55:59 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh smiled at the pinkette's enthusiasm, despite the tension of the situation she was in. "Great to meet you, Momo; I just wish we could be meeting under better circumstances. If foul play is involved, you could be in real danger. If you've got Pokémon that can protect you, that's a big plus. So long as you're aware, then you can come along. Do you have a Pokémon you can ride on? We'll get there a lot faster if you do."

If Josh were to find out Momo did not have one, he would scoot back on his mount, leaving the front half of Raikiri's saddle exposed. The great cat crouched to let Momo on. "Hop on and hold on tight. Raikiri here has three speeds: fast, faster, and blistering." Though Josh would have to extend his arms more than he was used to in order to manipulate the mythical feline's reins, he didn't mind if it made it easier for Momo to hold on. That was what was important; if she had little riding experience, even a casual run from the Zeraora could be overwhelming. Josh reached for Aleph's Poké Ball, ready to withdraw the Type: Null before taking off. There was no way the normal-type could keep up with the Gym Leader's fastest land Pokémon.

UpKqzSBC Aleph obedience roll

{WC: 220}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
176 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
devil's manner (dd)
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 8:51:40 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","momo"]
[attr="class","luck"]

"great to meet you, too, josh! even if things could be a little better, this isn't so bad, either!" she was simply happy that he'd allow her to come along at all. if there was foul play at work, then that meant things were about to get really dangerous, but if was fine because any one of her pokemon were worth the risk. "i understand, but thankfully i have pokemon that are capable in a fight!" she wished she brought along her tinkaton (this would have been the perfect chance to let her go all out, for once), but the party she had right now would be more than enough. [break][break]

"oh, but i don't have a ride pokemon. oops..." once they succeeded in finding bulbasaur and the other missing pokemon, momo would probably look into obtaining a riding pokemon of some sort. there were only so many places your own two feet could take you, after all! [break][break]

yet as josh and zeraora both made it easier for momo to mount, the coordinator felt a great deal of gratitude, and hopped onto the saddle without any hesitation. she double-checked that her remaining pokemon were safe and accounted for, then nodded to herself before holding on tight. "okay, you got it! thanks josh, and thank you, too, raikiri!" she gave an affectionate squeeze to the zeraora's shoulder, then went back to steadying her hold on the ride pokemon. [break][break]

ready to go! [break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
devil's manner (dd)
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 8:14:26 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Understanding that he had no hope of keeping up with the thundercat capable of rivaling legendary Pokémon in speed, Aleph allowed himself to be withdrawn. Josh was still a bit nervous about bringing Momo along, but if she understood the risks, there was nothing he would do to stop her. He made sure Momo was comfortable before ordering Raikiri to take off toward the lake.

And take off they did. Josh had warned her for a reason; Raikiri zoomed ahead with the acceleration of a feline ambush predator hunting for a meal, his strides rapid and strong. Sparks flew from his PLASMA PAWS as they continued speeding up, going faster than even a Rapidash. He had hoped the roaring wind didn't scare Momo too much. What would have taken hours to get to on foot, the rider duo had covered in minutes.

As the lake came into view, Josh loosened his leg pressure, the Zeraora gradually slowing down to keep Momo as comfortable as possible while he shed the speed that made him the mythical thundercat Josh once believed was a reincarnation of Raikou. He stopped to make sure she was okay before heading closer to the lake to begin their investigation.

{WC: 203}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
176 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
devil's manner (dd)
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 7:45:03 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","momo"]
[attr="class","luck"]

momo had expected that raikiri would be fast, but boy, was it fast. much faster than momo imagined, anticipated, or dealt with. to be honest, though, she only felt fear for a moment. once the colors and sights started blurring, she held on even tighter, eyes closed against the world. the wind roared around them, the sounds of the razor-sharp gales mixing with the speedy sparks emanating from the zeraora's paws. [break][break]

before she knew it, the ride had ended, and they were in front of the lake. at first glance, momo knew this place was suspicious, because it had been so quiet. there were little, if any, wild pokemon roaming the water's surface or the grass around it. were they all kidnapped or lost the same way her bulbasaur had been? [break][break]

"thank you," she muttered to josh as he checked up on her, their pace slowing down considerably. when they got closer to the areas of interest, momo summoned one of her pokemon: silver the grovyle! he was one of the best battlers she had, and if they needed extra power, he could certainly provide it. but she'd follow josh's lead first and foremost, acting within reasonable expectations. she looked to him, then, awaiting his judgement as they began their investigation. [break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
devil's manner (dd)
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 9:17:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Momo's stillness was a sign that she was having difficulty adapting to the Zeraora's extreme speeds. That was nothing unusual, recalling what happened when he took on the same ride up the road not far from where he was now. As it turned out, it took a lot of adapting for the human body to get used to going faster than a race car. "You're welcome. Just want to make sure you're okay before you step off. I'll be staying on Raikiri."

The Grovyle looked solidly built, obedient, and ready to engage anything that were to attack them. Without a way to detect psychic residue on his own, Josh was reliant on his few psychic-types. Janus was one of them, the Gym Leader popping open the purple-pink quadruped's Poké Ball. While not as large as Raikiri, the Espeon was still very large for the species, the saddle covering most of his back capable of seating one person at a time. "Alright, Janus, we're looking for traces of psychic residue. See if you can sniff it out." Glowing purple-pink with PSYCHIC power, he walked alongside Raikiri, trying to sense the use of psychic moves in the area. Unbeknownst to them, the powerful display would attract a predator...

{WC: 207}
{PC: 4}

Janus         Espeon         Good
Dashie        G!Rapidash     Good
close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
176 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
devil's manner (dd)
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 6:26:14 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","momo"]
[attr="class","luck"]

"wow, your pokemon are huge..." was momo's unintentional thought accidentally said aloud. she covered her mouth with her hand, burning a little pink out of embarrassment. "um, sorry, forget you heard that, ehehe..." but it was true! she'd never seen such a large and formidable espeon before, and it gave off an incredible aura as it was detecting signs of other psychic pokemon. it made momo wish she had brought a psychic-type pokemon of her own, before sadly realizing that she had none to start with. [break][break]

"i will say that it's oddly quiet around here." she glanced at silver, who had started walking a little closer to his trainer in order to shield her. "what do you th—whoa!" momo was interrupted by the sudden movement of silver, who'd use his slender limbs to hook his trainer around his side, pulling her out of the way. he reacted slower than janus the espeon would've, as no doubt the psychic eevolution sensed the danger beforehand: a strong psychic presence nearby, together with a noisy lullaby and the sound of something round and metallic swinging through the air. [break][break]

a rogue hypno had appeared before them. and it wasn't alone, either. a mienshao and a golem, seemingly under its hypnotic control, also emerged from the thickets surrounding the lake. the latter's rock blast was the attack that silver had so expertly avoided with momo in tow, meanwhile the fighting-type mienshao came running towards janus and raikiri and josh, readying its arms for a strong (but avoidable) hi jump kick attack. [break][break]

when the pink-haired girl realized what was happening, she looked at silver and said, "use leaf blade to ward the golem off!" and silver got to work, slashing defensively at the bulkier pokemon with his razor-sharp leaves. momo's heart felt like it could explode in her chest: if these were some of the missing pokemon, then maybe her bulbasaur was somewhere around here, too! were the rest of them hiding in the hypno's den nearby? [break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
devil's manner (dd)
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 6:50:11 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh wasn't bothered by Momo's reaction at all; he was used to it. His entire team was full of anomalies; in a bygone age, they would have been called Alphas due to their enormous size. "He's one of eight; the rest of the rainbow is back at my Gym in Mauville. You should drop by; almost every kind of ride Pokémon you can imagine roams my Racing Grounds there."

The Gym Leader's honed reaction time let him draw the Honedge from his scabbard in time, Josh wielding the steel-type like a medieval knight would a blade. He pointed it toward the Mienshao and let the leaping fighting-type run into it, the foe hopping on one foot from the deep stab wound inflicted by Danjuro's SACRED SWORD.

Setting its bad leg down and wincing in pain, the wild mustered the grit to lunge toward Janus in a U-TURN that caught the psychic quadruped completely off guard. Before he could react to the psychic wave, the assailant had already retreated well behind the Hypno way in the back and in control.

{WC: 180}
{PC: 5}

Janus         Espeon         Poor
close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
176 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
devil's manner (dd)
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 22:36:54 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","momo"]
[attr="class","luck"]

momo liked the sound of that: visiting josh's gym after all was said and done, putting this scary night behind them and having their eevolutions out and about, instead. and if all of josh's pokemon were big enough to ride, momo could only imagine what sort of pokemon she'd find there! [break][break]

but her hopeful thoughts were cut short by the sight of the mienshao leaping at josh, only to be stabbed through by the honedge that he wielded like a normal sword, a deep puncture wound that forced the mienshao to retreat behind the hypno. any feeling of relief that coursed through her was quickly snubbed out by the sight of janus the espeon getting struck by a parting u-turn, the psychic pokemon heavily injured by the attack. momo reached for her other poke balls, and summoned a second friend to the field. [break][break]

a normal-sized sylveon appeared through a flash of light, the fairy-type pokemon crying out in greeting. realizing the seriousness of the situation, however, made its peaceful expression drop down into something serious and fraught. "silque, use moonblast and knock that mienshao out!" at her trainer's behest, silque the sylveon created a beautiful sphere of moonlight and fairy energy in front of it, sending it forward with a twirl. the moonblast found its way to the mienshao, knocking it off its feet and incapacitating it despite the cover given from the imposing hypno. momo didn't have time to celebrate the minor victory, however, as she turned to silver the grovyle and said, "keep using leaf blade until it falls down!" [break][break]

as momo and her pokemon tried to deal with the two pokemon, that left the hypno in charge to be dealt with, still. it began to swing its pendulum, and from the shadows that the object cast on the ground, ghost-type energy began to form, as it sent a powerful shadow ball attack in in the two trainers' direction. [break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
devil's manner (dd)
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 7:50:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The two had taken down the psychic-type's cronies; all that remained was the Hypno itself. As the SHADOW BALL raced toward him, he hurled Aleph's Poké Ball toward the onslaught, the Type: Null emerging just in time to block most of it. What remained struck the Gym Leader directly, knocking him unconscious for a few precious seconds.

Enraged at his trainer taking such a blow, the Ultra Beast brandished his CRUSH CLAW toward the Hypno. Turning it into a glancing blow with its psychic power, the wild followed the attack up with HYPNOSIS fueling its pendulum. Anyone who made even glancing eye contact would be subject to narcolepsy.

The focus on its trance-inducing powers left their foe open to the Grovyle's LEAF BLADES. While it didn't interrupt the mesmerizing power, it did leave the Hypno much worse for wear. It wouldn't take much more punishment to bring their attacker to its knees.

0y0Z0O9D Aleph obedience roll

{WC: 152}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
176 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
devil's manner (dd)
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 0:54:11 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","momo"]
[attr="class","luck"]

when the shadow ball made contact with josh and his pokemon, momo yelped. thankfully, the strange pokemon had absorbed most of the attack, but some lingering ghostly power struck at josh, and momo turned her eyes, not wanting to see him get hurt. [break][break]

then his pokemon rushed at the hypno, and it left a beautiful opening for momo's pokemon, in turn. "silver, c'mon! let's use x-scissor on that hypno!" silver the grovyle nodded once, and doubled down on the hypno with its sharp leaves, bright green energy gathering at the razor's edge. [break][break]

the hypno stumbled, and momo held her breath. it seemed like the wild pokemon would get back up soon, but silver's attack stung, the bug-energy-imbued leaves digging into the hypno's skin, latching on before leaving it—making it a critical hit. [break][break]

"oh, i don't think it'll get up anytime soon. did we do it? maybe the other pokemon are nearby somewhere!" [break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
devil's manner (dd)
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 2:21:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
With a deep bellow, the Hypno keeled over after the vicious X-SCISSOR left big gashes over the yellow Pokémon's chest. Though it wasn't in danger of dying, the Hypno would be out of commission for a very long time. "It's not over yet, but the hard work's out of the way." As fun as it was for the two of them to ride Raikiri together, that wasn't the most efficient way to run a search and rescue operation. The Gym Leader had been doing them far too long to be anything but efficient at them.

OBJECTIVE C: COMPLETED

Josh clicked the release switch on Dashie's Poké Ball, a Galarian Rapidash materializing next to Momo and beckoning her aboard. "Dashie here will be good at detecting any psychic residue nearby. If you find some, it's likely that some of the Pokémon we're looking for are close. I'm taking the rest of my Pokémon in the opposite direction you go. We'll cover a lot more ground that way." Regardless of what plan the two agreed to, Josh would execute it, going his own separate way from Momo.

With the big threat having been exterminated, Josh also sent out his tired Espeon, Janus. "I know you're not feeling so hot right now, but we need your help in locating any psychic residue the Hypno left behind. I'll make sure to buy you a great treat and get you a nice, long rest once we're back home." With an exasperated nod, the Espeon's forked tail glowed a faint purple, a sign he was on the lookout for where the Hypno had used its psychic power recently.

JhHeI87Z Aleph obedience roll

{WC: 275}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
176 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
devil's manner (dd)
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 18:49:45 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","momo"]
[attr="class","luck"]

"oh, okay, you have a point." they certainly would cover more ground if they split up. and before momo had the chance to ask about a steed, josh summoned a galarian rapidash for momo's use. now that was a steed she was used to seeing! she'd ridden the kantonian variant of this pokemon many times before. with a nod, she mounted the galarian rapidash, and listened to josh's instructions. [break][break]

"alright, i'll do my best. thank you," she said, repeating her gratitude from before as it feels like she'll never stop being grateful for his help. she glanced down at dashie the galarian rapidash and gently ran a hand through the psychic horse's mane. "thank you, too. let's go find some pokemon!" [break][break]

she broke off from josh, and headed eastward. there was a faint glow of energy on the galarian rapidash's horn, and momo followed that detection of psychic residue. she brought out the rest of her current team: velvet the ribombee, silque the sylveon, and starz the shiinotic. silver the grovyle was still following their lead, and she told all of them to split up but stay close, as well. [break][break]

it was then that dashie grunted, taking momo in the direction of a strong psychic energy. there, she cried out at the sight of a familiar friend: leaf the bulbasaur! "you're here! leaf, are you okay?" but it seemed that the bulbasaur was completely unharmed, if not asleep due to some powerful use of hypnosis, likely from the hypno. as she held the bulbasaur in her hands, she gently placed a kiss on it, before returning him back to his poke ball. one pokemon down, a few more to go![break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]