Yuina Higashi
A Night at the Movies [M]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 0:14:50 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

The movie screen fell dark and the threatre lights came up, signaling the end of the movie for the night. Yuina stood from her chair, all smiles, and absolutely jittering with left over adrenaline from watching Five Nights at Teddie's. It was 'Halloween' time, and she was learning/remembering quickly that it was a time period surrounded by everything spooky and scary, so what better way to celebrate than to watch a scary movie with some friends?[break]
"That was a lot of fun, a little weird, but just a fun time," Yuina laughed, looking up to that she had come to watch the movie with. It was a really odd concept, and definitely unnerving to say the least, but the jump scares and suspense of it all was fun and entertaining.[break][break]
"What did you all think," she asked, shaking herself out a bit from being tense the whole movie, asking and that she had met at the movie theatre as well, they were the only four people in the entire showing. The theatre overall had seemed almost entirely empty when they had arrived, save for a handful of employees, it must have been a slow night with not a lot going on in general, and she glanced at her phone. It was 11:55, surely by now the entire complex was empty save for the closing workers.

notes[break]
Mission: Hush [DD] -> Oldale Town[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Nike
He/Him
December 1
Lilycove City
Homosexual
Music Retail Worker/DJ
Civilian
You May Say I'm a Dreamer, But I'm Not The Only One
awards
94 posts
Niky Racz DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun4
Niky Racz
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 23:53:30 GMT
Niky Racz Avatar
Niky walked out of the theater with wobbly legs. Normally, he wasn't much of a horror movie fan, but this was an interesting premise. Spike, his Jolteon, had slept through most of it, though. Armed with his cane, he unsteadily stood up. His nerves was rattled from the movie, and its many jump scares. And the very unnerving animatronics. They were so terrifying...they really didn't need the jump scares at all. The lady in front of him asked the rest of them what they all thought of it. "Terrifying. And unnerving. Definitely a horror movie." He walked with everyone left. Which wasn't very many of them.

In fact, they were the only ones there. Surely the closing workers were around too...right? Spike sniffed the air and scrunched its face. Something was off. But he didn't know how off. It was almost midnight, and things seemed creepy already, even with all the lights still on. Or he was just imagining things.

close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
i can’t take this place, no i can’t take this place. i just wanna go where i can get some space.
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 16:27:10 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango emerson"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

it wasn't totally unexpected to find emerson at the movies alone. or anywhere else on his own either, for that matter. he was naturally prone to doing so - a typical loner. though he couldn't say that he was anticipating the theater to be largely empty on a night like this one. in the middle of spooky season, especially. there were only a few people there in the seats, which somehow made the ambience of the flick that much more unnerving. as unnerving as this sort of thing could be.[break][break]

aw, who was he kidding? em was a 'fraidy cat, no matter how corny possessed animatronics were as a concept.[break][break]

maybe he should've seen if wanted to come? no wait, what was he thinking?? that jerkwad would've spent the whole two hours laughing his ass off at emerson. he was better off without. but then maybe...maybe it wouldn't have been so freaky. regardless, why was he the one to come to mind, anyway?[break][break]

silently, he endured. or maybe not so much. he couldn't help the way he jumped, and the few squawks of alarm that slipped loose as he squeezed his dedenne in his arms. dumpling, to say the least, wasn't to amused.[break][break]

when the lights finally rose as the credits rolled, he let out a sigh of relief. his fingers tucked a loose strand of red hair behind an ear as he glanced over at the other movie-goers sheepishly. he pushed himself up and stretched out his limbs. "it was somethin' alright," he muttered, eyes scrutinizing the barren halls. there was no way he could pass himself off as unafraid. not after the last two hours.[break][break]

he frowned as he failed to spot any clean up crew. somehow, that didn't make him feel much better.[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".emerson"] --accent:#f06565!important [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #f06565 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 22:39:05 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

"I actually jumped out of my seat a few times. Honestly not a bad flick." Kaz answered as his mind went back to the ending scene of all the animatronics being turned into scarecrows. He should get something like that for his place for some good decoration. That or dress up as one.

When he was asked by to come along he was all too excited to go. It had been a while since he's been to the movies with people so it felt like a golden opportunity. It was too bad that the whole theater seemed to be pretty empty once they were inside. That atmosphere was more dreary than the actual movie. Still with how late it was it was probably just everyone heading home as soon as they could once the other stuff was done showing. At least they're were still a few other people with them as they all walked.

"Think i'll come back and see it again. Anyone up for a second viewing this week? Cause I think Storm-huh?" He looked back and notice something wasn't right. He was almost sure that his Ninetails had been following right behind all of them. Was it back in the theater? The fox was pretty into the movie as it sat in the row above everyone last he checked. Although right before the lights came on he was sure its eyes were glowing a cursed blue.

"Hey did anyone see where my Nine-" Kaz barely finished his sentence when the lights in the hallway started to flicker. Suddenly as the lights blinked so did a figure at the end of the hallway covered in nothing but shadows yet in the faint light left to them they could make out one detail.

It looked oddly Ursarang shaped.

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,239 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 1:56:48 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Overall, the consensus for the movie seemed to be split in two, but Yuina had a good time and was happy that at least Kazimir had fun going to the movie too. It was a silly premise really, the children's icons coming to life and killing people that came to the pizza shop...[break]
"Where do people come up with stuff like this though is what I'd like to know," Yuina laughed, walking down the hallways of the complex with the small group. It was definitely unique, surely that hadn't been done before, so it was entertaining overall just for the sake of a scary movie.[break][break]
"I wasn't expecting it to be so late though, I definitely can't wait to sleep now," she smiled, coming down off of the adrenaline, she just felt physical exhausted after all of the flinching, tensing, and jumping. She was going to sleep so well![break]
Walking down the hallway, it was... Quiet, there didn't seem to be any employees, not even one person with a trash bin getting ready to go into their theatre, but it was a quiet night in general she felt like... Then Kazimir couldn't find his Ninetales?[break]
"Oh no, well wait we should go back and look," Yuina returned, then the lights flickered... Yuina had already turned to go back to their theatre when the lights went a bit darker. That didn't bother her too much, that was probably the employees turning down the lights to let everyone know it was closing time? She laughed a little bit though, looking at her phone.[break][break]
"Man, the employees have no chill. It's just turned midnight, just like the movie, when things started happening," she laughed, and it was in fact 12:00 am now.

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Nike
He/Him
December 1
Lilycove City
Homosexual
Music Retail Worker/DJ
Civilian
awards
94 posts
Niky Racz DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun4
Niky Racz
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 15:16:15 GMT
Niky Racz Avatar
He wasn't the only one that was unerved by the movie. The long haired red head was as well. Only the large man that came with the lady seemed like he enjoyed it. He even said he wanted to see it again. Crazy fool. It was an interesting movie though. The lady enquired how someone could come up with stuff like that. As an artist, even a musical one, Niky had an answer. "Artists of all kinds find inspiration in all kinds of things. From other movies, to manga, to simply seeing an interaction between a couple of Pokemon, to a nature scene. Filmakers and screen writers are artists much like painters, photographers, and musicians." The only difference being the medium that they worked with.

Seemed he wasn't the only one that found it odd that there wasn't a clean up crew right away. The blonde would have thought the closing crew would want to get out of there as soon as possible. Lights flickered as the big man tried to say something about his missing Ninetales. Niky scowled at the lady though. "You've never worked retail, have you? After a long day, who would? Anyways, anyone else want to join me in finding an employee? I'm sure they'll help us find the missing Pokemon." Niky walked towards the Usaring shaped shadow, where the exit into the lobby was close to. Spike, his Jolteon suddenly darted in front of him and started to growl at the shadow, ears peeled back and fur all spiked up and sparking with electricity. Niky stopped as well. "That's just a cardboard cutout, calme down, Spike." That didn't seem to help. The Jolteon yipped at it, still very much in combat mode.

close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
i can’t take this place, no i can’t take this place. i just wanna go where i can get some space.
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 16:05:54 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango emerson"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

"A game!" he piped up at Yuina's query, face reddening as he blurted out the response. "I mean, this one's based on a game, but that still means the creator had to get the idea somewhere.." Emerson trailed off awkwardly, a small laugh following. He was relieved that Niky took over, with a far more credible explanation.[break][break]

Of course, he'd played the games and while he'd like to say that those were way more scary than the movie had been...well, he was a wuss. He'd been scared out of his pants in both scenarios.

"Ummm.." Em was just about to chime in that no, he hadn't seen the awol ninetails either when the lights cut. A shiver crawled up his spine at the abruptness of it, and he looked up at the ceiling as they flickered again and then darkened entirely. Unconsciously, he inched closer to the group. "Retail or not, you'd think they'd clear the building first.."[break][break]

After all, this hadn't been the only showing that night...had it? That didn't make any sense.[break][break]

"Little help?" he was speaking to the dedenne in his arms, who wiggled free and clambered onto his shoulder. He felt the familiar static shock of the rat's little NUZZLE as Dumpling rubbed his cheek against Emerson's, allowing the creature to light up with a low, electric glow to cast just a little bit of light.[break][break]

"I dunno, though. Shouldn't we, like, not split up?" he asked Niky, casting a curious sidelong glance at the other two.

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".emerson"] --accent:#f06565!important [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #f06565 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 7:50:54 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

Unfortunately for it was not in fact a cardboard cutout. The lights continue to flicker and with each one the figure "warps" closer and closer to the group until its only a few feet away from them. That is when they see it in all its glory. Its a character straight out of the movie they had just watched, the titular "Teddy" from Five Nights at Teddies.

And it screamed and lunged at them. It lunged at specifically who locked up hands with the creature as it pushed him back trying to chomp at his face. Inside he could see the metallic sheen of metal inside, an endoskeleton just like in the movie. "Shit shit shit run guys!" The weight, the fuzzy material of the suit, the sounds. It was all too real.

Once again the lights flickered once again. Now in the hall stood the figures of a Chatot and a Lopunny all looking like the characters from the movie. Their hands were held out and they slowly trudged towards the group, ready to grab hold of the rest of them and take them away.

To where? Who knows.

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,239 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 22:18:12 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Chill or no chill, Yuina couldn't imagine that turning off the main lights while customers were still in the movie theatre was okay, it's not like they were loitering they were literally getting ready to head towards the exit. She didn't intend to keep anyone later than they needed to be here.[break]
"We'll just be a minute, we just need to find Kaz's Ninetales and then...," Yuina waved it off, had she ever worked retail? Well... She didn't know if she had or not, but that didn't seem like a fine excuse.[break][break]
"We don't need to go try to find an employee, seriously, all we need to do is...," Yuina turned back to face the others before going off too much further, it seemed like things were escalating for nothing until she turned just in time to see something rushing at . She was caught off guard, she could really only stand there and look on for that quick moment, they were in a movie theatre! What on earth would be attacking them here! But then the sounds of whirring metal and Kazimir's curses... No way... And then there were more...[break][break]
"What's happening," Yuina shouted, and now she was on the offensive, Kazimir was grappling with this thing, it hadn't quite registered that she was staring at the looming figure of a mechanical monster that looked like what they had just watched a movie about, because surely that wasn't what was happening. Instead though, she glanced around quickly and found a large and wide push broom.[break]
"Kaz, DUCK," Yuina shouted, and she rushed forward holding out the wide head of the broom like a spear, aiming upwards to knock this thing off of Kaz and push it back.[break][break]
But she sheer weight of this thing caught her off guard, and it reached out to grab onto the broom in front of it.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Nike
He/Him
December 1
Lilycove City
Homosexual
Music Retail Worker/DJ
Civilian
awards
94 posts
Niky Racz DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun4
Niky Racz
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 3:59:04 GMT
Niky Racz Avatar
Emerson has piped up before him, blurting out the source of the inspiration. Yep, that checks out. Then the lights were out and back on again. Niky shook his head at the guy. "Not always. Encouraging stragglers to skedaddle with the lights going off. Some people are that oblivious and will still stick around. Workers also get anxious when it gets this late, so while I don't approve turning them off partially, I do understand why." He also responded to Yuina while he was at it. Thankfully he hadn't had someone try to stay late on his dime. Sol made sure of that. But he had heard stories of other retailers having to deal with that. Emerson did help out with the whole lighting situation. This was when things really got scary. Spike's growling had not been in vain. That "cutout" gotten closer and lunged at Kazimir. The big man was able to hold it off...for now. And three others showed up. All the characters from the movie they just watched.

The blonde had to jump away a little...it was more of a stumble back. Yuina, even in her confusion, jumped into action against Kazimir's opponent. But the other three was not stopping. "Spike, get in there and use Discharge!" The barking Jolteon lunged to meet the three and zapped all three of them. And the lights above them, blowing out that section. It seemed to have stopped them, for now. The Jolteon then used Swift, blasting the joints of Teddy with stars, making them bend and hopefully giving Yuina and Kazimir the leverage to push the robot back and over. That was all the opportunity that they needed. "Run!" He may have a bum knee, but he could book it when needed. Cane in hand, he followed whoever led, or if it was him, he just ran, not even paying attention as to where they were going really.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 21:32:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
/ (NO REWARDS)