snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
smog: paxton & illeana
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 3:14:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]there's something about the sniper's familiar presence that brings a mild sense of comfort. she knows him - trusts him, even - and it allows her body to feel less on edge.

and yet, the interdream mist that leaks into spaces around them tries its hardest to counteract security.

"i have a bad feeling about this..."

her body drifts a little closer behind paxton's back, as if sticking together will save them. it won't, she's come to understand, but it feels like second nature.

"anything detected so far?"

participation +50
1 ic post +10
interdream mist +10

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 22:47:50 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]
[attr="class","leftbody"]
[attr="class","textbody"]

[attr="class","cp cp-target-o"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"Illie." he says, stepping within arms reach of her. He hurried to her side the second he noticed the fog thickening at their feet. The strange pink color alarming despite its cute and playful appearance. "You should." he said wit ha huff of a laugh. [break][break]

Joules beeps slowly and Paxton shakes his head. "Nothing at the moment but...this mist will spawn those fuckers soon." he said. "Maybe it took longer without us knowing about it but now that Paradox pokemon are more well established, it'll take no time at all for them to make an appearance." he said before adding idly. [break][break]

"Let me know if you want to stop for samples." he added with a snort. "Maybe we'll see a HETRAN wreaking havoc too."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","title"]tldr;

[attr="class","notes"]
+ | smog 1 [break][break]

[attr="class","credits"]
[attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".topaz"] --accent:#D49837; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz"] width:460px; margin:0px auto; min-height:200px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz table"] border:none; border-collapse:collapse; background:#272727; border-radius:5px; box-shadow:1px 1px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody i"]color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz td"] vertical-align:top; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody"] font:12px 'Roboto'; padding:0px; text-align:justify; color:#eee; padding:50px 50px 0px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .leftbody"] width:80px; margin-right:20px; min-height:500px; background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .cp"] color:#000; opacity:0.15; font-size:80px; position:absolute; right:10px; top:10px; z-index:-1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc"] font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#eee; padding:0px 0px 20px; text-align:right; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; margin-left:50px; margin-right:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .title"] margin-top:-10px; transition:1s all; } .topaz:hover .ooc .title { margin-right:20px; transition:1s all;} .topaz .ooc .title span { background: var(--accent); padding: 2px 3px 2px; font: bold 11px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; color: #f7f7f7; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .notes"] margin-top:5px; } .topaz .ooc span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:2px; right:5px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; transition-delay:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .avatar"]float: left; height:75px; width:75px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 1:06:22 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her nose wrinkles with disdain at the thought.

"is it too much to ask for them to not appear?"

they're typically murderous and almost always a pain in the ass - could they ever simply have an easy mission?

the mention of samples, however, causes the scientist to slightly perk up. her eyes shine a little too brightly against the mist, as if it's the entire reason why she's here. in a way, perhaps it is.

"i'll definitely want to stop for samples if we can."

her head tilts, an eyebrow raising.

"have heatran been spotted since arrival?"

participation +50
2 ic post +20
interdream mist +10

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 1:18:52 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"I think based on what we learned from Holo, its too late. Anytime the mist appears the paradoxes will come along with them. Since they're beings we sort of helped create and now associate with the mist." he said. Though he frowns, not quite sure if this was still the case. He's synthesizing snippets of conversations he wasn't too well versed in. [break][break]

Her sudden brightening mood at the mention of a sample makes him snort. It reminds him of , ever eager to get his hands into things he shouldn't. All scientists were the same it seemed. [break][break]

"Heatran are being found deep in the caverns, but we seem to be keeping them at bay. Regardless, we should stay sharp should they wander into the mist as well." he said as he stepped forward, taking point for Illie. As he did, he began to hear the strange cries of wild pokemon, though a bit distorted as they seemed to be still forming.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

[newclass=".topaz"] width:460px; margin:0px auto; min-height:200px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz table"] border:none; border-collapse:collapse; background:#272727; border-radius:5px; box-shadow:1px 1px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz td"] vertical-align:top; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody"] font:12px 'Roboto'; padding:0px; text-align:justify; color:#eee; padding:50px 50px 0px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .leftbody"] width:80px; margin-right:20px; min-height:500px; background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .cp"] color:#000; opacity:0.15; font-size:80px; position:absolute; right:10px; top:10px; z-index:-1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc"] font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#eee; padding:0px 0px 20px; text-align:right; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; margin-left:50px; margin-right:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .title"] margin-top:-10px; transition:1s all; } .topaz:hover .ooc .title { margin-right:20px; transition:1s all;} .topaz .ooc .title span { background: var(--accent); padding: 2px 3px 2px; font: bold 11px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; color: #f7f7f7; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .notes"] margin-top:5px; } .topaz .ooc span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:2px; right:5px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; transition-delay:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .avatar"]float: left; height:75px; width:75px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 3:09:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]oh, right - she had forgotten about that otome route.

"yeah, but i think the mist operates a little differently than just conjuring up paradox pokemon."

her nose scrunches slightly as she pulls concepts from the depths of the mind and lays them out to dissect apart.

"it seems like it... works with the mind to bring your thoughts to life."

it's a terrifying concept in the wrong hands, perhaps.

"well, hopefully they don't come this far."

they already have their hands full now from the sounds escaping from just up ahead. she steps a little closer to paxton and frowns.

"can you see what it is yet?"

participation +50
3 ic post +30
interdream mist +10

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 1:36:59 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"How do you think?" he asked, not looking at her but tilting his head towards her to show he was listening. Oh. He scrunched his eyebrows together under the protective helmet. "Power of the mind or whatever? can't really wrap my head around it. Very...fairytale-esque you know?" [break][break]

He points the rifle forward ass the mist thickens around them. A hand goes to his waist to release two pokemon for their defense. Classic Joules, and Robert the Riolu. A new addition to the team. He hoped he fared better than Romeo had months ago. Paxton pushes that thought away and focuses up. [break][break]

As they push forward a NOBLE ROAR echoes throughout the area and the mist blasts forth and tears open to reveal a rabid SCREAM TAIL snarling and foaming at the mouth. It jumps towards the pair of human but Joules moves in swiftly with an automatic PROTECT. [break][break]

Robert darts forward with [break][break] to smack the SCREAM TAIL to the side angrily. "Watch out! They've been coming out in groups lately!" Paxton warned as he aimed his rifle and aimed a shot at the wild ancient pokemon.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 2:20:04 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a nod follows.

"yeah... kind of defies the limitations of science as we currently understand it, doesn't it?"

as if plucked from the pages of a science fiction novel and left to fester itself into existence... she can't quite seem to discern whether it's more or less probable than other things she's seen so far.

the wild scream of a snarling, drooling scream tail startles her enough to feel as if she's about to jump out of her skin. right out of a horror movie, this scene unfolds with the rabid paradox pokemon running teeth first into a hastily deployed protect.

"they travel in packs?!"

a look of sheer disgust rises quickly, settling itself into her features as the scream tail yells louder - is it calling its brothers and sisters?

a second scream, slightly different than the first, echoes back and she curses under her breath. her golurk turns and swings a clay arm through hammer arm as another scream tail lunges for her from the bushes. it connects with the golurk's arm and is flung back into the ground with another screech.

"more incoming!"

participation +50
4 ic post +40
interdream mist +10

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 2:57:46 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"Kind of?! I think it's just a domino effect of them getting more well known!" Paxton answered back as his Riolu kept QUICK ATTACKING between enemies to keep them at bay and away from their trainers. [break][break]

Joules beeps quickly, flying up higher to see if they can get a better view of the chaos before darting off to the side towards Illie's Golurk. Joules flies further, smashing through flora and smacking into fauna. a few incoming paradoxes screeching and jumping wildly. To which Joules only responds in DISCHARGE, letting off a powerful wave of electricity. [break][break]

"Keep moving- we can't let them corner us, even if its slow going!" he said as he watched a SCREAM TAIL jump up, only for him to take a blind shot at it. Part of it's side explodes, but its not the clean hit he wanted it to. Still, he needed to rush Illie and himself out of there. "Do you need any samples form these things?" he asked.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 1:12:09 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she lets out an awkward little laugh at the concept for he's right - it is a domino effect.

"yeah, but at least it's just these paradox pokemon and not the other horrible things we've seen."

she'd happily take this, actually, over sea hoennians or gargantuan ultra beasts.

a nod follows as she feels themselves slowly being backed into a corner. the longer they stay here... the easier they are to pick off. her golurk swings its arms again, over and over with the repetitive motions of multiple hammer arms.

"samples would be great if we can get some!"

however...

"we should prioritize not getting overwhelmed here, though. this mist can just keep producing these things."

it's becoming increasingly annoying the longer she's on this island, actually. ugh.

participation +50
5 ic post +50
interdream mist +10

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 3:50:05 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"Right...at least those visions seem to disappear. The paradox pokemon stay." he said. That was the only explanation for more and more people being able to capture them. They weren't disappearing with the dream mist. [break][break]

"I was joking about the samples!" he added, this time he laughs at his companion. "I can lend you mine if you'd like?" he added. He hadn't visited the lab in a while with his field contributions. [break][break]

As they're running away his Riolu is snatched up, snapped in half by a SCREAM TAIL as it uses PSYCHIC FANGS on the poor thing. Paxton grimaced, hearing the screaming and crying before the silence and the soft snap that echoed behind him. "Shit..." he murmured pulling out their pokeball and snapping it, leaving the two pieces behind in this tunnel tomb. [break][break]

"Turn there, maybe we can shake 'em!" he said pointing to a side tunnel as Joules pulled back to drop another PROTECT wall while waiting for Deus to pull back with them. The MAGNEZONE goes ahead and TERA TYPES into an ELECTRIC TYPE to pull more power ass they tried to cut off the hoard. [break][break]

Joules summons a ZAP CANNON, using every ounce of strength the strange crystals added as SCREAM TAIL after SCREAM TAIL smashed and bit into the steel type. As Paxton leads away the scientist, Joules shrieks as they blast away whatever they can before letting out a signal. A quick succession of beats that have Paxton pulling out his pokeball as the crown on their head cracks and breaks away. "Don't worry, I've got you!" he called out, returning the Magnezone as they fell to the ground exhausted.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
- dream mist mention [break]
- pokemon death [break]
- pokemon assist [break]
- running away -> loss [break]
- pokemon faint [break]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 3:08:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she blinks.

"oh, you were?"

a shame... she'd enjoy more samples. a nod follows to confirm that yes, she would like to see his pokemon some time. are they the same as this or different? faintly, her fingers twitch with the urge to know.

they begin to move and for a moment, her golurk stays behind to usher out a quick z-move: never-ending nightmare to trap the scream tails in place so his magnezone can hit them head on. the assist is enough to buy them time, to allow their quick escape.

she despises running away with her tail between her legs, but it seems necessary for now... as annoying as such a concept is.

once they're a safe distance away, she lets out a soft sigh and turns toward paxton with an almost wary smile.

"you good? any injuries?"

participation +50
6 ic post +60
interdream mist +10
z-move +10
pkmn assist +10
running away - loss +300
completing mission +100
smog mission +100
total +640

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 5:07:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: