Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
FORTIFY [M]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 13:51:17 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev surveyed the fitness center of Team Rocket's submarine, where a gaggle of the crime syndicate's newest grunts had gathered on the sparring mats. He had shown them basic drills for close quarters combat, then had them partner up and practice.[break][break]

So far, only a couple of them showed a hint of promise.[break][break]

After walking between the rows of pairs and correcting this and that error, Zev returned to the front of the sparring area for a drink from his water bottle. He threw a sideways glance at the other Beast who had come to help train the grunts.[break][break]

"They need a lot of work," he said to , frustration bleeding through his tone.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
FORTIFY [M]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 2:17:13 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

As much as Mint wanted to say otherwise, he knew enough now to see the inconsistencies in the new recruits. Leaning forward too much, the hesitation of a move, no follow through. All mistakes he'd made at one point or another and had beaten out of him. [break][break]

He called out a couple of corrections here and there, leaning forward on a railing and watching intently. It's not quite spars yet. This batch seemed too new for that. But the idea floated in his mind. [break][break]

"Even the ones that scrapped before, they're on their way to injuries...but not too bad of a start right?" he said, trying to assuage his concerns. [break][break]

"Maybe later, after foundations, we can get some upper ranks to spar with them. Trial by fire and all that." he said before offering a snort. "That's how I learned anyway." he added.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc | hehehe leggo [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty"]--accent:#94effa; --accent2:#f0ffc5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/5f/70/tB3zuJGp_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
FORTIFY [M]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 13:34:44 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"That's the plan," Zev said, crossing his arms over his chest.[break][break]

Drill practice first, then putting it into a real-life scenario with sparring. The recruits would be poor sparring partners for each other, so bringing in more experienced grunts would show them how to fight properly.[break][break]

Another idea entered Zev's mind, however.[break][break]

"Do you want the honors?" he asked Mint, tilting his head toward the pairs of recruits. "You know how to fight."[break][break]

Despite appearances, Mint's ruthlessness and efficiency had earned him the position of Beast. Zev had seen the other man at work when the two had hunted defectors together. He knew just how lethal his colleague could be with a knife.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
FORTIFY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 2:03:22 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Ah, well met then." he said turning his eyes towards the group before perking up. "Really? Can I?" Mint asked, trying not to look too excited about the thought of throwing around some recruits that hadn't met him yet. [break][break]

Good outlet for stress. [break][break]

He puffed out his chest, snorting. "Course I do. Learned from the best." he said. Where would he be without and to keep him on track on his fitness journey. [break][break]

"Probably good to get in close and check their form as much as an outside perspective." he added already taking off the loose hoodie he'd been wearing. "Oh- and if you happen to notice anything out of place in mine, let me know." he added with a quick nod. [break][break]

He waves as calls out loudly to the class, having been mostly quiet for much of it. "Circle up! You're taking me on next!" he said as he stretched his arms over his head and began shaking out his limbs.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc | hehehe leggo [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/5f/70/tB3zuJGp_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
FORTIFY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 3:18:38 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev nodded at Mint's request and followed the other Beast to the sparring mats. While Mint stretched and shook out his limbs, Zev remained to the side, watching the recruits.[break][break]

Most of them looked apprehensive, surprised to be sparring a Beast so soon after their first lessons. A few of them looked excited by the challenge. Zev made a mental note of their names and faces; they might prove exceptional, given more practice.[break][break]

He pointed at one of the more eager recruits. "You first."[break][break]

As the grunt took his place opposite Mint on the mats, Zev added, "Remember what I taught you. Focus on basic technique. If you can last more than a few seconds, then you might have actually learned something."[break][break]

With a silent nod, he gave Mint the go-ahead to start.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
FORTIFY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 2:37:10 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Don't worry. I'm not aiming to break anyone today." he teased as Zev got the grunts situated. The horseshoe around the beasts, giving enough room for Mint to take on his challengers. He gives his colleague a thumbs up before waving his fingers at the selected grunt. [break][break]

They're pretty well built already. The physique is there, even if the technique isn't. Though, judging by the faint white lines on the hands and knuckles, Mint figured they had some sort of fighting experience. Or maybe they were an artisan. [break][break]

But as he watches, hands loosely on his hips as he gives the grunt a lookover, they strike. It's a loud charge, stomping feet on mats and throwing an uncoordinated jab right to his nose. [break][break]

They're loud- mouth breathing? They'd barely started. "You a Bouffalant in your past life?" he asked arms up as he took and immediate few steps to the right, circling his opponent, eyes darting to their feet. They hadn't slowed. Ok.

Mint drops down, popping his knees and ignoring it. One foot strikes out, trying to hooking over the ankle before he kicks forward to yank then to the ground. [break][break]

"We tap out when you tap out." he reminded, letting them get a second try as they scramble on the mat and back up. But it's another charge- an over reliance on strength and presence. And Mint stays put, arms up defensively as he moved close instead of avoiding and smashed a knee into their stomach. It stops them in their tracks and puts them on their ass, eyes wide and breathing labored. [break][break]

"Ok, maybe I'm easy." he murmured wondering if he was going too slow, to which he looks at Zev for direction.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc | we stay overthinking fight chorepopgraphy [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
FORTIFY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 14:08:54 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The spar lasted no more than a minute. Zev barely had time to shout, "Keep your arms close, you swing too widely—" before the first recruit was on his back on the mats.[break][break]

The hitman sighed. This was going to be a long day.[break][break]

"Get back with the others," he told the grunt who was still trying to catch his breath. Then Zev pointed at another recruit. "You, you're next."[break][break]

After each recruit had a chance to spar against Mint, some of them lasting a few seconds longer than others, Zev sent them all to the locker rooms to shower and change. He and his fellow Beast remained in the fitness area.[break][break]

"Did anyone in that group stand out to you at all?" Zev asked Mint.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
FORTIFY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 1:05:44 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

The matches end just as quick. Mint oscillated started slow, going harder after every match. He almost has Zev call to give him multiple at once but who would that benefit? [break][break]

He doesn't cause any real damage, avoiding spraining the grunts but many do leave bruised. Mint is a simple creature. He's condescended to and he puts people in arm bars. By the end of it, he's a little hot but still spry enough to go a few dozen more rounds. "Ice your shit!" he calls out, waving at the group as they hobble off before turning to his colleague. [break][break]

"Yeah, a couple of the ones that lasted longer had a good vibe for me." he said before gesturing vaguely. "I think they'd be good additions to an intel track. The...11th? guy I think was good overall. Could pick any job they wanted, and I wouldn't be too worried over them in the field." he said, rattling off names and numbers for Zev. And of course, picking out any additions he wanted to pass up to and . [break][break]

"This is their second or third session right?" he asked. "Better than me on my sixth." he said, grinning at the Beast. With the hall empty he relaxes a bit more around Zev. [break][break]

He lets the silence fall, letting Zev process whatever he'd gleaned from watching Mint throw around grunts before speaking up once more. "So like, what's your deal Zev? You like training grunts or...hate it?" he asked. Zev was hard to read, but maybe he'd appreciate straight forwardness. He knows him the least, but he's Kanto and Jayden could vouch for any Kantonian. [break][break]

"Or is it more, thinking about merging Kanto tactics with Hoenn training?" A risky move as they'd sworn off Kanto's methods, but perhaps using them to enhance their own regiments may not be so bad.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc | we stay overthinking fight chorepopgraphy [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
FORTIFY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 17:21:08 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev took a mental note of the ones Mint mentioned, especially those with the potential to become Beasts in the future. Not that he was looking to retire, of course. But a certain seed had been planted in his mind of late, one twenty war-torn years in the making.[break][break]

"I don't like it or hate it," he said, admitting a rare truth. "I'm good at it, though. I trained infantry in close quarters combat during my years in the Kantonian army. And I spar with a lot of newer members at my MMA gym."[break][break]

All this information was on his file in Team Rocket's member database, but it was also a matter of public record. Mint could easily look it up.[break][break]

"I don't care either way whether someone becomes a good fighter or not. But if they're going to work for us, the ones who choose to fight need to be the best."[break][break]

Zev spoke with an apathy that bordered on aloofness.[break][break]

"Not because of any sense of pride, but because there's no point in a tool that can't do its job."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
FORTIFY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 6:25:18 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Mmm, what do you like then? Traitor hunting?" he offers a small grin, tilting his head towards the fellow beast. A small mention of their only other missions together. It bothered him only a little now. Kind of. "You're an ex soldier?? What made you want to desert for Rocket then?" he asked, perking up with interest. Mint didn't actually check personnel files very often. He preferred these kinds of convos, much to the chagrin of many other members. [break][break]

Though it's slow, Mint continues to pick and poke at Zev trying to learn where his boundaries were. Wouldn't be the first time he'd botched an interaction with someone. [break][break]

He found himself nodding along, looking away nervously as the sudden guilt of skipping his run two days ago crept up again. But he pushes past that and carries on after a few moments. "You see yourself as a tool for Rocket? Just like pokemon?" his words are light, carrying a hint of a tease despite his own precarious position as one of Rocket's toughest. [break][break]

He was tough. He had to be. But that didn't mean he could allow himself to stagnate. The doubts creep up as he's face to face with yet another elite Kantonian. First , then , now this.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc | he is staring at him like's he's a giant rubix cube [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
FORTIFY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 15:38:15 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev tilted his head in acknowledgement. "I like killing. Traitor hunting falls into that category."[break][break]

The grunts came filtering out of the locker rooms, most of them giving respectful nods to the two Rocket Beasts as they passed to resume the rest of their days. Ignoring them, Zev crossed his arms over his chest.[break][break]

"I didn't desert. I put in my six years and never renewed my contract."[break][break]

Though he had excelled as a soldier, the rigid hierarchy of authority had grated on him the entire time. Zev was not the kind of man who cared to obey orders simply because someone with a different set of stripes gave them.[break][break]

He did his job with great professionalism, received payment, and moved on. That was all.[break][break]

Mint's question earned him a derisive snort. "No. The Pokémon are tools, the grunts are tools." Even you, Frost. "But not me."[break][break]

Zev picked up his duffel bag, preparing to head out now that the fitness area was empty and his reason for being there was over.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
FORTIFY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 3:32:00 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

A chilling statement from a chilling man. Mint is grateful they work on the same side, at least. He wondered if Zev just enjoyed the pleasure of the hunt a la 'World's Most Dangerous Game.' [break][break]

"No way! So why join Rocket then. Just to kill people?" he asked glancing over at the grunts and grinning at them as some limped past a little more quickly under his gaze. He grabs his own gym bag, hoisting it over his shoulder and following the other Beast closely. They interacted so infrequently, he wasn't about to let go of a chance to pick his brain. Maybe he'd learn something. [break][break]

"What are you, if not a tool for Rocket?" Mint couldn't help but ask, lightly digging into the self important statement. He hovers around Zev but leaves a couple of paces between them for insurance. Just in case he pushed a button he shouldn't and the man lunged but. Well, that would be frightful sure, but Zev seemed hard to piss off. "Wielder? Blacksmith? Human??" he added less serious now that he didn't have to focus on rearing grunts.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
FORTIFY [M]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 2:29:04 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Mint answered his own question, so Zev did not bother repeating it to confirm the truth. He simply said instead, "It's as good a reason as any."[break][break]

A twinge of annoyance ran through Zev when Mint followed him out of the fitness area. It seemed the other Beast was not satisfied with his answers. But the light, teasing tone of Mint's follow-up questions suggested he wasn't being serious, himself.[break][break]

"For years, I was a contractor, and Team Rocket was my employer," the hitman said, uninterested in giving a straight answer. "And though I'm a Beast now, I don't see that dynamic as having changed."[break][break]

As far as the crime syndicate was concerned, Zev was loyal enough. He didn't have to be a fanatic to have a successful relationship with them.[break][break]

At the entrance to the East Wing, he paused and turned to Mint, frowning. "Does that satisfy your curiosity enough, or are you going to follow me all the way out of the sub?"

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
FORTIFY [M]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 0:40:41 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"So, you're a contractor, and the grunts and pokemon are your tools..." he echoed, not showing any sign that he was falling off Zev's trial just yet. He backs up a half step as Zev turns back around to him, blinks, and then smiles. "Yeah, it's called shadowing." he affirmed. "Observe others to improve your own work habits and whatever else HR tells grunts." [break][break]

The shorter beast doesn't have any intention in leaving just yet. In fact, he almost looked ready to chase should the opportunity arise. But that might excited Mint more than anything else. "I'm just interested in your long, storied career in Rocket." he said almost dismissively. "Besides we haven't had a chance to work together much since our last mission. You never decompress with your partners?" Mint did. His go to was always ice cream and drinks. [break][break]

They didn't have to be friends, but Zev Harcourt was efficient. He had no doubt it had something to do with his past as a soldier, but he also seemed uptight enough to have held that kind of discipline on his own even before the military. "You have a solid work ethic." Distilling the skills of a decade long career criminal into 'work ethic' was a joke, but he kept talking. "I'm hoping it'll rub off on me." [break][break]

Maybe it was ego based. In reality it didn't matter or not if he was feared or liked, but Mint couldn't let this one go. Even if had advised him against it after his spat with . But then the bigger spat with him had only made something worse. And anything these sort of feelings bubbled up, what better way to stifle it than with work. And as luck would have it, he'd set his sights on a new workout buddy.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[/quote]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,686 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
FORTIFY [M]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 1:25:01 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Never," Zev said, without hesitation. The thought of spending time with his associates outside of work was downright dreadful. "I don't 'hang out' with people."[break][break]

And if he did, it was with an ulterior motive in mind.[break][break]

But Mint had a point: his peers could benefit from observing how he worked. The same concept applied to hand-to-hand combat.[break][break]

And so Zev relented, saying, "If you want to learn a thing or two from me, then you can join me on more jobs. Pick something with some danger and we'll go."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]