She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
swords and swindlers [m]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 17:24:53 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
lilycove didn't hold anything for mar except the iron lady forge. she beelined for the storefront, thrilled at the thought of her own request. her recent work with fellow rockets in hoenn had rewarded her with information about the region like talented craftspeople among their ranks. and so mar walked into the bladesmithing shop with a stupid grin and a lot of hype.

"my, my," she said as she scanned the storefront, ensuring there were no civilians inside at the moment. "a little birdie told me that one could get an excellent blade here." mar's kalosian accent was thick, though it was muddled with something else, the lazy tongue of seafarers -- though mar would never call it 'pirate speak' as it had been dubbed by fools in the past.

"ye can hook me up with a cutlass, right? i'm new to the block, in a manner of speakin, and i'm hopin to find something intimidating. and something that can cut tall grass with ease. i'm visitin some ruins and sometimes it feels better to navigate without relyin on pokemon, ye know?" she spoke to the lady with the ease of an old friend, but her gaze split between the more established rocket and the front door, just to ensure no civilian came in. though, mar was careful enough to say things that would give aurelie plausible deniability -- a necessary courtesy for someone above her rank and with such a specialized skillset.

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
swords and swindlers [m]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 3:36:43 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Fortune smiles on the bold.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]When the door to her shop swung open with a little ring of the bell, Aurelie looked up from where she'd been rearranging a display of pocket knives and multi-tools. Her single eye widened with interest as she watched the confident young woman saunter inside. Not many people had stopped in today, and a new customer—especially one who looked as excited and eager as this one—was a welcome sight.

Straightening up, the red-haired smith brightened when she recognized the woman's strong Kalosian accent, flavored with an idiosyncratic drawl that Aurelie couldn't place. It fit her breezy, nonchalant air rather well, though. Listening to her was like tasting a favorite childhood dish, tinged with an unfamiliar spice.

"Hello, and welcome!" Aurelie exclaimed in greeting, setting down the folding knife she'd been holding and walking forward. "Or should I say, bonjour, mademoiselle, et bienvenue?"

With that, Aurelie switched fluidly to Kalosian, feeling absurdly grateful for the rare chance to speak in her mother tongue. "If you don't mind switching to a language that's a bit more familiar to both of us, or so I imagine..."

She pursed her lips in thought. "So, you're new to the region, you said? And a little birdie told you to come here for a blade, is that right?"

Those two comments made Aurelie feel rather sure that the other woman must be Rocket. Especially when... "Excuse me, did you say that you wanted a cutlass? And one suited to cutting tall grass? That almost sounds more like a machete...not that they don't have a few things in common, even if they're significantly different..."

Reaching absently for a pencil and a sheet of drafting paper, Aurelie began scribbling busily, outlining a broad, curving blade in a few quick strokes. "And it's for exploring some ruins? I must say, I can't decide if you're a pirate, a frontier woman, or a tomb raider!" The red-haired smith's eye twinkled with amusement as she looked back up at her customer, her expression alight with frank curiosity.

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

Mission: Raiders of the Lost Archeops

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
swords and swindlers [m]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 18:11:09 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
mar's expression brightened as the woman switched to kalosian, and mar matched her. "aye, i'm a little green to hoenn, but i'm not quite new to the, eh, life." she tucked a loose hair behind her ear as the woman talked swords, demonstrating an ease of expertise that mar was thrilled by.

"aye, less a traditional cutlass and more a wider blade, something fit fer a pirate." mar's eyes glittered with mischief. "yer right on the money. ye can call me marguerite -- nay, jus' mar. i suspect we'll cross paths a few times in the near future." mar reached into her coat pocket slowly as a show of good faith (even rockets could be cutthroat to each other, despite the cost of such a betrayal). then, she pulled out a folded piece of paper. a map.

"i came to hoenn for the treasure and secrets that fill the region to the brim. there's allegedly some treasure not far from here despite all the modern developments. something long-forgotten." she tapped the paper, right where x marked the spot. "if ye could make me a cutlass, i would feel much better making the trip. i lent my scyther out, and my current team ain't huge on navigating this sort of terrain. more of a seabody, i am."

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
swords and swindlers [m]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 18:08:36 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie listened raptly to the young woman who introduced herself as Marguerite or Mar, unabashedly fascinated by her story and plans. Her expression lit up at the word "pirate" and Mar's confirmation, and a delighted grin broke across her face when she pulled out the treasure map. Her pencil fell still as she peered curiously at the map's shapes and lines, especially the big X marking the supposed treasure.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mademoiselle Mar, and I'd be more than happy to help. What you're planning sounds like quite an incredible adventure," the red-haired smith murmured, looking almost wistful for a moment. "Like something out of a movie or book..."

Then she coughed and cleared her throat self-consciously, turning back to her sheet of drafting paper. Don't start daydreaming about swashbuckling adventures yet, Aurelie, she admonished herself sternly. Even if you do already kind of look the part...

"Ahem, well, yes, so you were asking about a cutlass," she went on, picking up her pencil and turning her mind to the commission at hand. Aurelie's single eye narrowed in thought.

"You'll want a broad, sturdy blade for sure, but not too long, so that you can feel comfortable using it in cramped quarters on a ship or in a tight spot in a ruin. And you'll need a good hilt that gives you a secure grip even when you're on the water or getting rained on, with a guard to protect your hands." She nodded decisively.

Falling silent, the red-haired smith began drawing again on the paper, her expression intently focused. Without lifting her head, she outlined a rough sketch of a cutlass in swift, elegant lines and turned the paper toward Mar for her approval. "So, this is what I'm thinking..."

Sweeping her pencil across the sketch, Aurelie began talking through the design. "So, the blade will measure about two feet long and one-and-a-half to two inches wide, with a single cutting edge and thick spine. That slight curve will make it particularly good at slashing and chopping.

"There will be a portion near the ricasso here..."
Aurelie indicated the portion of the blade near the hilt. "That section I'll make serrated, so you can use it to saw through ropes or rigging. And a wire-bound handle on the end here, with a solid cup-shaped guard and maybe a pommel for balance, though I expect this won't be a very heavy blade, given its size."

She crossed her arms, eyeing her own design with satisfaction. "If this meets with your approval, I should be able to have something for you in...let's say five days. I'll use a corrosion- and rust-resistant alloy for the blade, brass for the hilt and pommel, and walnut for the grip. As for cost, that should come out to..."

Aurelie calculated rapidly, her brow furrowing in concentration over the arithmetic, before nodding and spitting out a number. She smiled and looked up at Mar, awaiting her reaction.

[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
swords and swindlers [m]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 5:24:14 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
aurelie's passion was contagious. mar hung onto her every word as the woman described the sword and sketched it out. it sounded incredible, and she loved the sound of the serrated portion. honestly, she might have been drooling as the woman showed her the image. the price point, though.

it was obviously worth the craft. but mar didn't have a lot of liquid to spend since she was still setting up her portion of the rocket empire. she had her fingers in too many pies worth of expeditions to just cough up this much dough. "it sounds perfect," she said, "but what if ye came with me on this li'l excursion instead. we'll find enough to compensate ye and then some." she grinned. she didn't have a strong reputation as hoenn as a newcomer, so there wasn't much to swear on. she didn't have a name to upkeep. but they were both kalosian, and mar had shown her the treasure map simply because she was a rocket ally.

"the artifacts at this location can allegedly commune with the dead and bring ghost pokemon, even the mythical and elusive marshadow. but, that kind of lore isn't everyone's cup of tea." she shrugged. "regardless of the story behind it, the artifacts are made of gold. they'll turn a pretty penny whether or not there's power embedded in them." she did value the opportunity to be audience to a mythical or legendary pokemon higher than the gold, but money would get her closer to discovering hoenn's secrets.

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
swords and swindlers [m]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 23:08:31 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]"Yes! I'd love to!" Aurelie blurted out unthinkingly, in response to Mar's unexpected offer. Her single eye was wide and shining with excitement at the thought. There would be adventure! Ancient ruins! Mysterious artifacts! Who could resist?

Then the red-haired smith deflated slightly as reality set in. "I mean, well, that is, if you're sure you want to do that. I really appreciate the offer, I really do. But we've only just met. Now, I do get the sense that we both work for the same team..."

Aurelie smiled tightly, hoping that was a subtle enough way to phrase it. "And let's face it, that team does not accept weakness or incompetence in its members. But...if this is going to be more than a simple seller-and-buyer situation—if you and I may be putting our lives or sanity into each other's hands and watching each other's backs in dangerous situations—you may want to know more about me."

She took a deep breath and spread her hands wide. "So, obviously my expertise mostly lies in making things out of steel and iron. But I'm pretty handy with a knife or sword in a fight, or a hammer, for that matter. I do know a fair amount of history, especially military history, as well as materials. Oh, and I'm a pretty good cook!

"On the other hand..."
Aurelie shrugged and smiled self-effacingly. "I'm no earthly use at all at reading maps or navigating around, and I don't know much about boats. Ships. Whatever. And I'm only so-so at Pokemon battling?" She tilted her hand back and forth.

At this point, Aurelie crossed her arms and shrugged again, fairly sure she'd given a reasonably accurate accounting of herself. "So, if that sounds all right to you to have for an expedition partner, then I'm certainly interested. As you can probably tell." She chuckled lightly.

"But I'd like to know more about the dangers too. Do you have any information about that, or only about the artifacts?"

She was a working woman, after all, and not a professional treasure-hunter and risk-taker. There wasn't much point in gold and ancient ghostly lore if Aurelie couldn't come back home to enjoy them. She'd learned to be a little more cautious about these things after a year in Hoenn.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
swords and swindlers [m]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 18:59:43 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
information always came at a cost, but aurelie gave it only in return for an expedition, which could not guarantee success but certainly had good chances. she liked a woman that loved adventure and a little risk. "ye sound like a mighty fine explorer," mar said, more eager than ever. "i got navigation down, and i got this map memorized. i'm not the strongest trainer either, but me pokemon are mighty fierce. they take care o' problems for me."

she was thrilled that the woman before her was so experienced with weapons. that learned skill would complement mar's natural affinity for combat, which lacked finesse but leaned on instinct for survival. "i heard there's a lot of haunted pokemon there, honedge and its line. golettes and golurks. it used to be a military outpost that many died fighting for, so it draws a lot of ghosts, even without the ghost-communin' artifact."

she could feel the satisfaction that rested on her face. "i'm in if ye are. and if ye are, we can meet at this location when the cutlass is complete. we'll be ready for the trials of the treasure, then." on the back of the map, she wrote down the address to a cabana in the jungle. she drew a picture and added the coordinates, but it was one of the only buildings in the area, so it would ideally be easy to find even if aurelie had directional challenges.

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
swords and swindlers [m]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 21:03:03 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]For a moment, Aurelie wondered if she'd revealed a little too much about herself to this virtual stranger, who—though intriguing—was someone she'd only just met. But Mar's eager, even enthusiastic reaction set her at ease. From her confident response, it sounded like she and Aurelie might complement each other pretty well with their different skills, which sounded like a promising start to a partnership.

"Well, all right, then. I'm in too," Aurelie said warmly, her spirits rising at the prospect of a ruins-raiding, ghost-hunting adventure. She winked—a gesture playfully meant, even if it probably looked a bit odd with only one eye visible. "It'll be a pleasure to help a fellow countrywoman like you on a quest like this."

Then Aurelie cleared her throat and went over to the front desk to pull out an order form, bringing it over for Mar to look over and sign. "I'll contact you when the cutlass is done, and we can meet up at the spot you mentioned," she told Mar, handing her a pen.

One corner of her mouth turned up then in a wry, crooked smile. "And then...we'll do our best to find whatever there is to find."

After that, she finalized some details about the cutlass to make sure it would suit Mar's size and build, and Mar signed the forms and put down the small down payment. They shook on it, and Aurelie happily got to work.

Five days later, the red-haired smith arrived at the designated meeting spot a little apprehensively. She wore a comfortable hoodie and utilitarian cargo pants with sturdy boots and a cotton bucket hat perched atop her head, as well as a backpack slung over her shoulders. In one hand, she carried a large canvas duffel bag.

Inside the duffel bag was the finished cutlass inside a long leather scabbard, as well as a sword for her own use in its own sheath. Aurelie's choice was a generously curved single-edged saber with a slightly longer, thinner blade than the cutlass. Both weapons featured full, curving bell guards to protect the wielder's hand, though her saber had a wooden handle while Mar's was bound in gleaming brass wire.

The cutlass itself had taken about three days to forge; she'd made it from 5160 high-carbon steel, which was tough but flexible. Aurelie was confident the handle would feel comfortable for Mar, having quietly ascertained the size of her hand and fingers during their handshake. The spine was thick and strong to provide good chopping ability, but the edge was razor-sharp, making the cutlass practical yet potentially lethal.

At least, the meeting spot had been easy to find, especially with the simple map that Mar had drawn for her. Though the jungle area looked wild and deserted, Aurelie couldn't help looking around warily for anyone who might be lurking. Particularly any League officers who might disapprove of her weaponry.

When she saw no movement anywhere in the surrounding jungle, Aurelie took a deep breath, walked up to the front door, and knocked crisply. "Hello?" the redhead called out in a low voice. "I have your order ready for you, if you're ready to fulfill your end of the agreement."

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
swords and swindlers [m]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 5:18:26 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
mar opened the door with a wide grin. "aye, yer right on time." she stepped out, dressed in a similar outfit from before but her bodysuit was green, blending in better with the jungle around them. her braided hair was put up so she could wear a bucket hat. a smidge of sunscreen was present on her nose, not rubbed in all the way.

"we are in it now," she announced. "let's get into the treasure, yea? we gotta go down the path down here," she explained as she walked to the back of the cabana, gesturing to the descending and winding path that went to the base of the pyramid-adjacent rock formation below. heavy grass obscured the path, but the duo would make it to the base before long. it was warding off the pokemon and travelling underground beneath the structure that would consume most of their time.

"d'ye wanna take the lead, or shall i test out that mighty cutlass?" she said almost as an afterthought, clearly more enthused at treasure hunting than claiming the goods of her cutlass. it wasn't a testament to aurelie's skill, which was obviously top-shelf, but to her desire to explore and her willingness to earn the goods before wielding them. for all mar's self-serving qualities, she loved a skillful woman and hated burning bridges with talent.

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
swords and swindlers [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 2:23:26 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]"Oh, please, feel free to take the lead," Aurelie replied instantly, happy to follow behind Mar as they approached the pyramid-like rock formation. "You're the expert treasure hunter and the one with the map. Besides, I'm curious to see how the cutlass will perform in the field!"

Besides, if I were in the lead, we'd probably end up going around in circles, she reflected ruefully, and never finding the treasure. Which would be a terrible waste for both of us. Definitely better that I serve as the sidekick while she's the ruins-raiding heroine.

She looked up dubiously at the rock structure but followed Mar unquestioningly as they headed straight for it and stopped at its base. A few Bronzongs and Hypnos wandered about the vicinity, keeping their distance from the two women. Now that they were closer, Aurelie noticed elaborate glyphs and symbols carved into the stone, the intricate spiraling lines forming shapes she had no name for.

Aurelie also noticed curving lines that were deeply incised into the base of the rock formation, forming what looked almost like an archway supported by two columns. There were more swirling sigils carved at the arch on top, forming a shape that could have been a cross—or perhaps a sword. At about waist height, a small circle was cut out, leaving only a dark, empty hole.

"This looks like it could be a door of some kind," the red-haired smith commented uncertainly. Eyeing the unrelieved darkness visible through the circle cut in the stone, she pulled out a small flashlight from one of her pockets. Cautiously, she turned it on to its lowest setting.

She shone it through the little opening and saw the beginning of a set of stairs, leading downward into an even deeper darkness. "Is this the right place? And if so..." Aurelie looked questioningly toward Mar, frowning in perplexity. ""How do we get inside?

"Do we pick the lock? Is there some kind of puzzle here to solve? Or..."
She reached into a pouch of her backpack and pulled out the Pokeball containing her Tinkatuff with a chuckle. "Do we smash our way inside?"

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
swords and swindlers [m]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 17:53:13 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
mar grinned at aurelie's question.

"this artifact allegedly lets ye summon the dead. there's a lot of superstition around ghosts, and a lot of folklore, too. but in this case, things are quite easy fer us." she walked right up and knocked on the door three times. the door didn't move, but loud footstep-cadence sounds could be heard coming closer, and the earth shook a little with each impact.

the door was pulled apart by the golurk on the other side, leaning in to inspect both of them. it said something incomprehensible. mar turned to aurelie and shrugged. "this is the part where i'm supposed to be introduced by a ghost; this is a multigenerational family heirloom, older than any of the cities in hoenn, so yer blood relative is supposed to be related to the original family that secured this artifact. 'course, my family has no ties to hoenn, so." she laughed. "we gotta run!"

she ducked underneath the bent-and-inspecting golurk, slipping between its legs to get into the ruins. the artifact was hanging from the ceiling, surrounded by a series of duskull. the inside was dark besides the variety of litwick and its evolutions that wandered about, so mar couldn't quite see the rope that held the artifact.

a lampent curled an arm around her leg before she could decide her next action, so mar kicked her and sicced skrelp on her. the sea dragon used hydro pump while mar repositioned herself away from the entrance because the golurk was angry and turning around at its intruders. "let's make this fast!" she urged aurelie, but she spoke with glee. she loved the action. aurelie could hold off the pokemon while mar found a way to get up high to the artifact, or aurelie could get up there while mar did it, but they needed to move fast before hundreds of ghosts entered the ruin to stop them.

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
swords and swindlers [m]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 23:50:29 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]If Aurelie hadn't been impressed by Mar's knowledge and preparation already, she certainly was when the other woman quickly explained how to get inside the ruins. While Mar ducked under the guardian Golurk's legs, Aurelie didn't hesitate to squeeze tightly past its ankles. She felt like she scraped off half of her shirt against the tunnel walls, but she caught up to Mar without too much delay.

"Sorry I didn't have any family ties to Hoenn either to help with getting us into this place," she panted breathlessly once they'd both made it into the ruins. Then, with a cheerful grin, Aurelie added, "But running's more fun anyway, right?"

In the dark chamber they found themselves in now, it took her a moment to figure out what was going on. She could hear the Golurk ponderously but inexorably turning around to pursue them, making her heart pound with urgency. Ghost-type Pokemon swarmed around them, so Aurelie only caught a quick glimpse of Mar's artifact before a Litwick flew right toward her face.

Ducking just in time, the red-haired smith spoke up decisively. "I can try and deal with these jokers if you can get up to your artifact! I may be excited about exploring, but I don't think I'm ready for whip-slinging or grappling hook-shooting heroics just yet!"

With that, Aurelie focused her attention on the Duskulls, Chandelures, Lampents, and Litwicks gliding toward them. She trusted Mar's insights and ingenuity to find a way to liberate the artifact, and she doubted the other woman would be able to escape this crowded, guarded chamber without her. For now, the redhead thought rapidly and frantically about how to fend off the wild Ghost-type Pokemon.

Was it Dark types or Psychic types that were really strong against Ghost types? she asked herself, showing her inexperience in Pokemon battles. Dark, I think... Well, let's find out!

Then Aurelie nearly summoned her Bisharp, before remembering one of Steel's great weaknesses: Fire-types, like the Litwicks and its evolutions swirling closer. Quickly changing course, she instead released a Grimmsnarl, which rose to its full height in the dark chamber with a fierce growl. When the Duskulls and other Pokemon closed in, the Grimmsnarl began defending itself and its trainer ferociously with SUCKER PUNCHES and FALSE SURRENDERS, using its long, ensnaring hair.

Aurelie also drew her saber and brandished it threateningly. Her pulse sped up as she heard the thump of the Golurk's steps growing gradually louder. With her other hand, she reached for another Pokeball, wondering if she'd need a second Pokemon out to fight everything coming toward them.

"By the way, got an escape route planned too?" she asked, raising her voice above the hubbub of the Pokemon battling. "Or are we leaving the way we came in? But with even more running this time?"

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
swords and swindlers [m]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 19:04:12 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
aurelie kept the hoards of pokemon back with a strange pokemon she hadn't seen before, but she wasn't a dex completionist, so that wasn't so unusual.

mar released klefki, the fairy floating above to the item instead of forcing mar to climb up and secure it herself. mar instead sicced all of her pokemon on the golurk which had caught up to her and aurelie. the robot moved down to grab her, but clobbopus clocked it with superpower, but it did nothing to the ghost. capsakid chomped down on its leg with crunch, hurting the golurk greatly. it leaned away and tried to shake it off to no avail. while it was consumed with removing capsakid, klefki used fairy wind to knock the artifact down.

mar ran underneath to catch it, though the heavy artifact hit the ground. she picked it right back up, but had no time to inspect it for damage. "we're running, baby!" mar laughed hysterically as she ducked under the distracted golurk's legs again, heading back the way they came. klefki flew after her, while clobbopus and skrelp retrieved capsakid from the golurk's leg and ran along. "c'mon, let's not be characters in this ghost story!" despite her words, she wasn't worried at all; ghosts couldn't handle two kalosians!

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
swords and swindlers [m]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 4:38:26 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Hearing the commotion from above, Aurelie glanced up just in time to see Mar's Klefki knock the artifact from its high alcove with a FAIRY WIND. As the pirate dashed underneath to catch it, Aurelie would have burst into applause, if a Lampent didn't swoop too close to her Grimmsnarl. Knocking aside the lantern-like Pokemon with the flat of her saber, she did give a cheer, though.

"Allez!" she exclaimed in acclaim. Mar's answer to her question made the redhead laugh equally hysterically and excitedly. "Okay, running it is! I like a lady who keeps things simple!"

As the Golurk stomped back toward them, Aurelie gulped when she saw again how it towered over all of them. Following Mar's lead, she sheathed her saber and ducked as well, almost scurrying on her hands and feet across the floor. Her Grimmsnarl stayed right on her heels, evading the Golurk far more adroitly and even turning around to SUCKER PUNCH its knees, nearly toppling the massive guardian.

"Looking good so far!" Aurelie shouted ahead to Mar as she saw the open doorway ahead of them again. "Almost there!"

The threshold glowed with rays of sunlight, promising freedom and escape. She risked a quick glance behind her and saw the Golurk ponderously turning around again, as well as the swarm of Litwicks, Lampents, Chandelures, and Duskulls still swirling in confusion.

Unfortunately, as Aurelie looked away, one foot landed on a particular flagstone in the floor. With an odd metallic thunk, it sank a few inches. Suddenly, dust poured from the ceiling, followed by a wealth of ancient, frayed, thickly knotted ropes woven into a huge net that swooped down to ensnare both women.

"Merde!" Aurelie swore succinctly as she was caught up in the net. They were only a few steps from the door and the outside! Pulling out her saber again, she slashed at the rope.

"Come on!" she exhorted Mar. "If we can cut our way free, then we ought to be able to just dive outside. That Golurk's turning around again..."

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
swords and swindlers [m]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 5:34:50 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
the duo are almost to freedom when the net falls.

"argh!" mar drops the artifact and reaches for her cutlass, glad to have such a clear opportunity to use it. the two of them hack away at the net while their pokemon fight off the ghostly defenders of the temple. she can hear klefki's fairy wind go off against the duskull army as mar cuts a person-sized hole in the net between her and aurelie. "let's bust outta here before the ceiling falls on us." she holds the net up for aurelie to step through first, glad one of her first real adventures in the region was with such a competent countrywoman.

mar replaces the cutlass in its sheath to grab the artifact, running the rest of the way to clear the entrance and once again stand outside. klefki and her other pokemon scurry out after her. mar catches her breath as a stone falls at the entrance, blocking the golurk, though she didn't think it would follow them out of the temple if it was under clear instructions to protect the inside.

"aye, we did it." the glow of success surrounds her as she flips the artifact over in her hand, inspecting it. it was heavy from the real gold it was made of, but.

hm. the symbol it should've had on the back wasn't there. the ancient, ancient language that should've marked it was completely absent. it was unblemished. it was fake, then. no ghost powers.

"it's just a hunk of metal," she said, unable to hide her dissatisfaction. then, she held it out to aurelie. "it'll sell fer a real pretty penny, though. i was only interested in it to try and get more information about darkrai. i heard he had connections to the nightmarish, ghostly realm this artifact could access, but... if he does, it isn't this that he's connected to." despite the lackluster result, she was happy about the exploration. all expeditions were a special kind of pleasure, so she wouldn't mark the day as a loss. it brought her closer to the truth. and, hell, she got a cutlass out of it. she just hoped aurelie would be content with the heavy gold.