TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 2:17:32 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Your feeling of guilt is a sign of you becoming who you want to be. Do not forget that.
[break]
Caleb stared at the wreckage that was the entrance to the Ancient Tomb, eyes racking over the rubble in search of some semblance of safe passage. He had no memory of how this place had come to such ruin, but then again, he'd been attacked the instant he'd opened his eyes after the strange dream of Galar that had felt like it had, inconceivably, stolen twenty years from him.[break][break]
"How did this happen?" He muttered. An earthquake? There'd been a battle here, between ruinous beasts and legendary heroes, hadn't there? Or had he dreamed that too?[break][break]
Shouldn't the League have sent a clean-up unit out here after the incident? Too many priorities, not enough time. That's what they all said, and Caleb was tired of hearing excuses despite it being perfectly logical to assume that things were simply fucked beyond repair.[break][break]
The Ranger crouched down, picked up a rock and held it in the palm of his hand. He had Pokemon that could clear the way, but for some reason, the hard labor required of the task called to him.[break][break]
Nox clicked a warning. Footsteps were approaching, which Caleb supposed wasn't entirely unexpected. This was a public landmark, and he likely wasn't the only one drawn to the source of what had been an utterly transformative experience...one that had left him with more questions than answers, and a lifetime's supply of painful memories.
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".calebtest8"]--accent:#3ad1e1;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 2:07:40 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]"If memory serves, collapsed the cave mouth shortly before... Whatever it was that happened to everyone."

Greyson slowly approaches, his expression neutral. The chilly weather demanded an answer, so he wears a pull-over hoodie and pants. A comfey around his wrist adds a flare of color, though the fairy-type's personality seemed muted as she napped quietly.

Beneath everything, a Sygna Suit.

The Elite Four trainer continues moving forward until he's mere feet away, kicking a loose rock and watching it tumble off and away. After a moment, he turns to the stranger and purses his lips, amused.

"While not off-limits, access to this place is... Monitored. What brings you by Mr...?"

[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#2a879e; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 21:15:15 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Harcourt," Caleb answered automatically, turning to face the approaching stranger. "Caleb Harcourt."[break][break]
A Comfey dozed around the man's wrist like a living bracelet. He regarded Caleb with an unreadable expression, and though his statement hinted at suspicion, he didn't seem particularly on guard.[break][break]
Caleb knew this man, he realized, but not personally. It was odd, in fact, that he should appear here, as if summoned by the winds of fate. had recommended him to Caleb as one of the few League higher ups trying to - how had she put it? - "do good with the hand we've been dealt."[break][break]
"Silph did this?" Caleb muttered, a rhetorical question: he believed . Should he have been surprised? Angry? It was hard to feel anything other than...tired. All of a sudden, he felt foolish for having come here.[break][break]
By any chance, Mr. Connors, did you find yourself in a Galar-that-wasn't-Galar for something close to twenty years? Did the people there name you their king? And did you find happiness, despite the circumstances?[break][break]
"What's being monitored?" He asked instead.
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 2:19:09 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]He greets the introduction with a nod.

"Greyson." He starts, flashing the ghost of a smile. "Good to meet'cha."

The man's apathy surprises him, though he wasn't quite sure why. This cave — this place — elicited a wide-array of emotions from the few he's spoken too.

"This area," he says with the wave of his hand. "The League is monitoring it for the return of the Ruinious beasts, the Heroes of Galar, and of course, for Rocket." He doesn't mention that they also had a vested interest in the events that had taken place here, and the worst-kept secret that was their alternate life.

His next question rings with a modicum of the authority the League has vested in him.

"What brings you here, Caleb Harcourt?"

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 17:30:08 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

There was something in the way Greyson smiled that gave Caleb pause. Did the other man recognize his name? He tried to remember if they'd ever worked together before...if they had, the memory had been absorbed by recent traumas, too insignificant to overcome them.[break][break]
Greyson's answer to his question was unsurprising: simple, lacking detail, the bare minimum. The sort of answer a government official gives to a civilian, a "nothing that concerns you" hand-waving. He meant well, of course, but Caleb didn't much care for routine pleasantries - he'd lost his patience for them as far back as Littleroot.[break][break]
"I'm looking for someone," he answered bluntly. Truthfully. "The last time I was here, strange things occurred." That was an understatement. "There was a Pokemon...a high king of Galar. Not the ruinous beasts. Not the dogs of sword and shield. It was a talking Pokemon - psychic - capable of - "[break][break]
He paused. Greyson would think him mad, surely, but was he not committed to honesty? Was he not better than the League's many liars, men and women who used the word "amnesty" to look good rather than do good?[break][break]
" - capable of prophecy."
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 13:59:54 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Something about Caleb felt off to Greyson; a distant, but all-too-natural primal part of his brain trained to recognize the emotions of others. On the surface he appeared perfectly fine, if not somewhat apathetic, but observations paired with 's outburst painted a different picture entirely.

"I see." His own tone was neutral, projecting a measure of disinterest that he simply didn't care to correct. While he was curious of his reason for being here, the associations with the former-Rocket member was his primary motivations. Even now his impatience threatened to overthrow his typically easy-going personality.

"You're not the first to come and seek answers. It's proven to be a.. difficult, if outright impossible quest."

What would make Caleb's any different?

[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]sprite here

@

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 5:26:09 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"What's that supposed to mean?" Caleb snapped. He, too, was at the end of his patience.[break][break]
He took a step forward - towards Greyson. It wasn't exactly threatening, but it wasn't a peaceful approach, either.[break][break]
"Either you're here to help me or you're here to tell me to fuck off. Which is it?"[break][break]
Red tape, government sanctions, lies tied up in pretty bows. Caleb could politely insist he belonged here, flash his Elite Ranger credentials, but a part of him wanted to pick a fight instead. He was so very, very tired of standing down.[break][break]
Nox clicked his wings together, an agitated admonition. Careful, careful. But Caleb did not want to be careful.[break][break]
He wanted to be heard.[break][break]
"If it's the former, then tell it to me straight: did you come here when the conflict started, and did you travel to some dreamscape of Galar? Do you know what I'm talking about?"[break][break]
A furrowed brow, a clenched fist.[break][break]
"And if it's the later, you'll have to make me leave."
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 5:31:04 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Greyson keeps his cool, hands never leaving the comfort of his pockets. He exudes authority, and confidence, even in the face of clear aggression.

"Why must it be one or the other?" He questions, goading the other man further, no doubt. "Couldn't it be both? Or, perhaps, neither?" He smiles, the expression never reaching his eyes.

"To tell you the truth Caleb, I'm here for you more than I am any of this, but--" he takes out the rusted, corrupted piece that had once been part of Zacian' blade. "--I assume I was with you all. I get flashes, hints, dreams even, that I can't explain." Even a phantom pain in one of his eyes that would all drive him to his knees.

""So, I assume I was there. But I don't remember it. And most days? I count that a blessing."

[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]sprite here

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 17:54:45 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Caleb's eyes flicked to the shard in Greyson's hand, and in that moment, he felt a sudden relief - as if tangible proof of their shared experience could repair bits and pieces of his shattered psyche.[break][break]
It was the mercy had refused to grant him, though he had a feeling Greyson wasn't any more likely to ease his mental anguish on the matter.[break][break]
All the same, this was a start.[break][break]
"I want to remember," Caleb admitted softly, eyes still fixated on the broken blade, dull and lifeless. His anger cooled, steamed, hissing like rain attempting to put out a fire. "I have this nagging feeling that something important happened there. That I was able to do something that actually mattered, for once."[break][break]
The dreams were more substantial, but could dreams be trusted?[break][break]
"Here for me?" Caleb echoed abruptly, finally meeting Greyson's gaze once more, suddenly digesting what the other man had actually said prior to his admission about Galar. "What do you mean, exactly?"
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 15:48:46 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Against his conscious thought, Greyson finds himself nodding along.

"There's a good chance you never will." The thought sent a surprising shiver of frustration through him, but it lasted only a moment. "Perhaps just the idea of knowing you had another chance, and were able to make something of yourself from it, is enough to motivate you to do the same here."

He looks at the other man, his mind palace bubbling with thoughts and echoing with questions. He throws caution to the wind and answers.

". Do you know him?"

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 20:05:41 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Did he know ?[break][break]
It would be impossible to explain just how important Isaac was, how deeply Caleb had come to care for the younger man - the brother he'd always deserved and had nearly lost for good because of the one he actually had - so instead of try, he answered simply, "Yeah, I know him."[break][break]
And then, because had said something rather profound - something that actually resonated, reminding Caleb of the words of the Calyrex itself that had brought him back here to the Ancient Tomb, chasing the ghost of redemption - he added, "He saved my life recently."
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 4:17:46 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Partially surprised the man admits to knowing so easily, Greyson cools his expression, ever the more curious.

"He is -- was, I suppose -- a member of Team Rocket." He lets that sentiment sit for a moment before continuing. "Was he the one who saved you from your.. captivity, or perhaps, was it during this alternate life?"

He flicks his gaze to the wall of rock, as if it represented this far-off place. Feeling foolish, he returns it to the other man.

"Is he worthy of redemption?"

Are you?

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 13:11:24 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Caleb gave Greyson a flat look. The way he said "Team Rocket" told the Ranger all he needed to know. The dragoness had said this man was someone Caleb could trust, but it was clear he did not hold much regard for defectors - so what, exactly, had she meant?[break][break]
"There is not a soul on this earth more worthy of a second chance than ," Caleb explained, stepping forward. His tone was firm and unrelenting, eyes fierce with loyalty. "He saved me from the Rocket prison, yes, but he was already on the right side before that. His reasons for staying as long as he did had nothing to do with Rocket's goals. You'd understand if you actually spent time with him, listened to his whole story."[break][break]
He'd seen the challenge in Greyson's expression, heard it in the way he'd asked his question.[break][break]
"In Galar, we were kings together," Caleb continued. "He was by far the better king."[break][break]
Caleb prepared to shoulder Greyson's wrath, as he had 's. He was better off now than he had been then. It wasn't redemption he wanted - not anymore - just a little human decency. Was that really so much to ask?[break][break]
"You ought to know that I was once Kanto Rocket. You can look it up, it's public knowledge. I defected in 2019."
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 19:03:13 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Eyes narrow at the revelation, an unbidden anger surging forward in the heat of blood that suffuses his face, and his ears. An exhale follows, the hiss of a kettle at max pressure. It takes a moment, but tension soon releases, though as slow as water drops on a melting icicle.

"That simply tells me your moral compass is skewed. Why would I take the word of a man who spent who knows how long, making the lives of others miserable?"

What truly grated on his nerves though, was the revelation these two men had been leaders — royalty, even, in this other world. What influence had made that possible? What fool in their mind would even consider these two criminals worthy of such a title and position? Greyson himself didn't covet a crown, but he sure as well wouldn't have stood for a corrupt monarchy.

Still, a measure of pity remains for what he went through, if only for those he knew personally that underwent such a treatment. He steps away, turning his back to Caleb in an attempt to collect himself. Knuckles turn white from the effort, and the strain, of clenching his fists, but when he turns back around, a measure of his anger is gone.

"So, you're clinging to this other life — why? Is it because something important might've actually happened there, or because it was a way of devolve you — and those like you — of the mistakes you made in this one?"

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 4:47:35 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Caleb almost laughed in the face of the other man's anger - it was just so utterly predictable - but he held his tongue. Greyson's words were supposed to hurt him, tear at his conscience, but nobody could injure Caleb more than he'd already injured himself.[break][break]
"You wouldn't," Caleb replied simply, shrugging. If Greyson expected a passionate debate, some kind of battle of wits, he'd be disappointed. Caleb wasn't in the business of trying to cover up his sins. He laid them bare for all to see, unafraid of earning their hate. He already knew he deserved it.[break][break]
"But surely a man like you, who's presumably crossed paths with a variety of different people on their way through the Elite Four, would know that everyone has a story. 's is a more complicated, and more heartbreaking one, than mine. You ought to let him tell it to you."[break][break]
Greyson stepped away and Caleb waited patiently for him to calm down. A part of him could respect the other man's attempt at grounding himself. In all likelihood, Greyson had been personally slighted by Rocket and grudges like that were hard to let go of.[break][break]
"You know, for a time, I did seek redemption," Caleb explained, in response to Greyson's next line of questioning. "But it wasn't until Galar that I realized the futility of such an endeavor. The past is a stubborn thing, and a man can arm himself with guilt instead of repress it, and find himself stronger for it."[break][break]
He'd come here in hopes of finding the very creature that had tried to teach him that lesson. A lesson that had taken twenty long years to set in.
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]