Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 16:03:54 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Greyson holds the gap in conversation, thoughts trickling against the stream of anger and frustration.

To his inevitable regret, rationality doesn't win the battle. It does, however, temper the heat in his voice.

"Yeah." It's dismissive. "We all have sob stories. Is it easy to judge? Sure. But a lifetime of poor decisions, of hurting others, cannot be excused because of a sad childhood." In the end, he shrugs almost imperceptibly. The subject was enough to throttle his anger, and anymore would only do him no good.

He nudges his head towards the rock.

"Chances are that you won't find what you're looking for here, regardless of our beliefs."

No one has yet. They hadn't even come close.

[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#2a879e; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 4:39:33 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

"No," Caleb agreed, voice cold. "I don't think I will."[break][break]
He wasn't talking about the Calyrex anymore, or the remains of the Ancient Tomb, or the quarter of a lifetime he'd felt like he'd lived in some faraway dream of Galar. He was staring directly at Greyson, stormy blue eyes raging with an equally stormy history. The Elite Four's rejection shouldn't bother him, shouldn't matter.[break][break]
But for some reason, it did.[break][break]
"You know, she said you were one of the better ones," he scoffed, baring teeth. "But you aren't capable of nuance, are you?"[break][break]
Several more steps, and he'd crossed the distance, standing eye-to-eye with Greyson. Nox buzzed in protest, sensing the fight in Caleb's demeanor.[break][break]
"You have no idea what some of us have been through. A sad childhood?" He laughed, and it was full of challenge. "You think you know suffering? What's your story then."
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".calebtest8"]--accent:#3ad1e1;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 23:18:52 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Confrontation made Greyson uncomfortable — normally. But, since that bullet entered his flesh, and he'd saved , he found that such trivial things were a waste of his time.

So, when Caleb steps up to meet him, his lips split into a not-so subtle grin.

"Nuance? What do you think you're owed, Caleb? What do you think is owed? Or ? Or ? Or ?" He spits out each name until they're drenched in the venom of his disdain. He rises not only to the other man's challenge, but he spits on it entirely.

"This second chance you've been offered — you've all been offered — is a joke. What about the victims? The lives you irrevocably changed in the process of 'fInDiNg YoUrSeLf'? You all get to walk and live freely — you even get to the join the fucking A.Q.U.A. initiative! The last bit comes out in an incredulous roar that echoes in the caverns.

Breathing coming quickly, his face pressed as close to Caleb's as he would allow, Greyson's eyes narrow and magma fills his veins.

"So tell me Caleb — truly, tell me — why should anyone give a single ioto of a fuck about you lot? What have you done to offset a lifetime of mistakes? Of inflicting pain and fear onto others?"

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 2:50:08 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Greyson's face was so close to Caleb's they were practically kissing. Which was a bizarre prospect when contrasted with the rage that radiated out from the Elite Four in nearly tangible waves.[break][break]
Caleb didn't kiss him, but he almost punched him. It took every ounce of self-control to keep his shaking fists at his sides.[break][break]
"I can't speak for the others, but I'm not owed anything. The second chance the League has given me isn't for me."[break][break]
He didn't know shit about this Aqua Initiative. Some League thing for Avatars, maybe? was a Rocket defector and an Avatar. Who was Greyson to judge the choices of the Gods? Some were drawn to Rockets, some to League folks, and some to those that had specifically defected from Rocket to join the League. Wasn't that important? If the divine didn't have some say in this matter, then who did?[break][break]
"The League should give a fuck about us because we're here to help!" He waved his arm at their surroundings; the pile of rubble before them was the perfect backdrop to emphasize his point.[break][break]
"I fought at Littleroot, against Rocket. I fought here, at the Ancient Tomb, against Rocket. I have told the League everything I know about Rocket - " a lie, a small voice hissed. He still hadn't told them about Zev, and he protected for selfish reasons. " - and I would give my life for this region, for its people. My past sins can never be forgiven, but my life can mean something, Greyson."[break][break]
He deflated, backed up a step.[break][break]
"It can finally fucking mean something."
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 1:49:38 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]"Maybe you're here to help, Caleb — just maybe." Face-to-face, breathing slow and heavy. "But you can't speak for the others, can you? Can you promise me here, and now, that each one of your kind actually want to help? That they're not just doing this to save their own skin? That we can trust them?"

Before Caleb can answer, Greyson does in his stead.

"No, you can't. So what would you have me do? Be optimistic? Give you all the benefit of the doubt, despite having every reason not too?"

Greyson shakes his head, taking a step back to match Caleb's.

"I grow tired of this back-and-forth. It's clear you won't change my mind, and I won't change yours."

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 15:48:21 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

But you can't speak for the others, can you?[break][break]
Caleb opened his mouth to immediately retort - [break][break]
Then shut it. He shut it, and he listened.[break][break]
He knew , trusted him, viewed him like a brother. But he did not know the others, not really. He wanted to believe they felt the same way he did, the same way Isaac did. He stubbornly refused to believe that someone would really risk their life to leave Rocket only to immediately betray the League by going back, but he wasn't an idiot. He knew it was one of many branching paths a person's life could take after they made a decision like that. Would the other defectors end up groveling at the feet of their former leaders, or would they stick with their rehabilitation - commit to a better life, no matter how hard, as Caleb had?[break][break]
"Yet," he murmured, finally. "I won't change your mind yet."[break][break]
Perhaps he'd be able to earn the optimism of in time. The Elite Four was not wrong to demand more of him, more of all of them. The road to redemption was a long and arduous one. Caleb knew that all too well.[break][break]
"You know," Caleb noted, turning his gaze on the remains of the Ancient Tomb one last time. "I think I did find something here after all."[break][break]
Oddly, he felt more determined to push forward than he had when he'd arrived, even though the conversation with Greyson had been frustrating at best, infuriating at worst. In the end, he wanted to be right. So, he had to make sure he would be. It was as simple as that, really.[break][break]
"See you around, Greyson Connors."
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,437 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 2:01:35 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Before the footfalls can become echoes, Greyson calls after the man.

"For what it's worth Harcourt, I hope you find what you're looking for."

And that I'm the one that's wrong in the end.

[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:11px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,863 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ECHOES OF THE KING [M]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 7:21:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven