he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
DANGER SENSE [AOO]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 18:42:30 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

A crowd had gathered outside the café indicated in the eyewitness reports. Curious onlookers with their phones out, recording videos, glanced at Gunner as he strode past them into the establishment. Murmurs grew louder at his presence, silenced only by the front door as it shut behind him.[break][break]

Inside, EMTs were already tending to the wounded patrons and their Pokémon. The injuries looked awful but not mortal, at least from where he stood.[break][break]

But he was not there to assess the victims. He turned away from them to the reason for his arrival, the perpetrator of the assault.[break][break]

An Absol, domesticated, owned by a distraught-looking young woman whose head was cradled in the gentle hands of an EMT.[break][break]

Gunner found the Pokémon in question in the café's kitchen, backed up into a corner between a large refrigerator and a wall. It was visibly distressed, snarling and barking at the only other person there.[break][break]

"Is it not standing down?" Gunner asked as he approached with slow, cautious steps. A hand hovered near a Pokéball at his belt, just in case.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunner3"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Officer / Gym Leader / INTERPOL
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
I've known you for a lifetime.
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
DANGER SENSE [AOO]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 23:47:41 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

danger sense

Mission with

Luckily for the people present, a random, sword wielding cop had apparently been enjoying his coffee onsite when the Absol lost its marbles.

Presumably keeping the stressed Dark-type in the corner was the wielded sword in question, an unblinking Aegislash staring down the creature while standing between it and the blonde officer.

"Not at all." Gwyar said simply, turning to the other officer. "Given conventional wisdom, I'm beginning to grow a little worried."

Absol were not called the 'disaster' pokemon for no reason.

A domesticated one, agitated enough to attack its own trainer? It did not bode well.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
DANGER SENSE [AOO]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 14:42:38 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner nodded, understanding the older man's concern. The disaster that Absol usually heralded could range from minor car accidents to ground-shattering phenomenon. When the meteoroid was still a looming threat in the sky, the whole species had been especially agitated.[break][break]

So which threat approached Hoenn now? Many mysteries were still unsolved: the location of Palkia and Dialga, the Silent Icelands left behind by Kyurem, the new rifts to the Distortion World. Could it be one of them, or something new?[break][break]

"Have the Rangers been called yet?" Gunner asked, his gaze sliding to the Absol in the corner.[break][break]

Usually, when Pokémon posed a problem to the public, the esteemed organization of Hoenn's Rangers were summoned to assist. But no Rangers had been present among the crowd or professionals outside.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
DANGER SENSE [AOO]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 20:25:31 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

danger sense

Mission with

"Yes. This deep into the city however, their response has been somewhat delayed." He said, cupping his chin thoughtfully as he considered the Absol.

Though Rangers tended to handle pokemon-related incidents, the city centers and heavily populated urban areas were generally the domain of officers.

The extra bureaucracy generated by forcing two different institutions to cooperate on the spot could generate some unnecessary tensions depending on who those involved were... but that was neither here nor there.

"In any case— Shall we search the premises?" He suggested to the other man.

There was no sure-fire way to tell what might be distressing the Absol... But an oncoming disaster needn't be widespread and all consuming to trigger a member of the species. Not if it happened to be very close by.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
DANGER SENSE [AOO]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 13:59:39 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Once again, Gunner nodded, understanding.[break][break]

"Let's. But first, I want to make sure this one doesn't hurt another innocent bystander." Selecting a Pokéball from his belt, he released his Aromatisse. "Nimue, can you help calm down that Pokémon?"[break][break]

The pink Fairy-type chirped agreeably and floated over to the Absol. AROMATHERAPY released a soothing scent into the air. Slowly, as it inhaled more of the sweet smell, the agitated Dark-type relaxed. It lay down in the corner.[break][break]

"I'm Gunner, by the way," the agent said to the older man, showing him the ID card he kept in his pocket. Hoenn Bureau of Intelligence and Counterterrorism, it said. "You are?"

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
DANGER SENSE [AOO]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 0:57:55 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

danger sense

Mission with

Gwyar took in a deep breath of the soothing scent being dispersed around them, feeling the subtle tensions in his shoulders ease. The possibility of them standing near a future disaster wasn't paralyzing— but it certainly wasn't without effect.

"Gwyar Wledig." He introduced himself back with a smile, holding up his own badge. Sootopolis City Police Department. "As trouble seems to find me wherever I go, I almost feel as though I should apologize to the shop's owners and customers."

He laughed while reaching into his pockets, pulling out dark gloves and fitting them into his hands. "Now then, since introductions are out of the way— Shall we begin, Agent?"

Time to play house flipper on the entire shop.

"A small gas leak could lead to catastrophe over a prolonged enough period and would be easily missed... With that in mind— should we check the kitchen first, agent?" He suggested, taking a step back to let the other man lead. A federal agent would logically have more authority over such a case than an officer from an entirely different city.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
DANGER SENSE [AOO]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 16:11:42 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner's eyebrows rose into his forehead as he caught sight of the word 'Sootopolis' on Gwyar's badge. Though the city's police force was still loyal to the League on paper, its gym had closed and the Rangers had no headquarters there for good reason.[break][break]

How many members of Sootopolis PD have been bribed and bought by Team Rocket? Gunner wondered with no small measure of suspicion as he put on his own pair of black gloves.[break][break]

"Pleased to meet you, Officer Wledig," he said instead, forcing a polite smile. "Good point about a gas leak."[break][break]

He walked over to the commercial-grade range pushed against one wall. Hidden behind them were gas pipes.[break][break]

"Can you give me a hand? We'll pull these away from the wall to check the pipes."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
DANGER SENSE [AOO]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 17:16:33 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

danger sense

Mission with

Gwyar smiled back, unaware of the other man's thoughts as he nodded, following behind him as he approached the wall.

"Of course." He said with a nod, approaching one end of the gas range and waiting for the other man to take the other, before pulling it away from the wall.

Unfortunately, it didn't immediately seem like they might've been right on the money; the pipes looked... fine. As far as Gwyar could tell, at any rate. Even if he crouched low and observed them more clearly, nothing seemed to be out of place for them. A little old and rusty, but still holding on.

There was no strong smell of gas, either.

"No go." He surmised on his end, turning to the other man. "Do you see anything?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
DANGER SENSE [AOO]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 14:32:41 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Like Gwyar, Gunner did not immediately see anything amiss with the gas pipes, nor did he smell gas. "Nothing with the pipes, at least," he said, shaking his head. [break][break]

Crouching, he took a closer look in the space they'd created between the wall and the range. The floor was a little dirty, but it didn't seem out of the ordinary to him. However, something dripped down a part of the wall near him in a slow ooze through a crack in the drywall. [break][break]

Gunner frowned. "There's something here. Or… in the wall itself?" He stood. "What's on the other side of this kitchen?" he wondered. [break][break]

Turning, he followed the wall until he reached a door leading to the back of the café.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
DANGER SENSE [AOO]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 16:23:51 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

danger sense

Mission with

Gwyar cupped his chin thoughtfully as he followed after the other officer, humming.

He couldn't recall with complete certainty— he wasn't a local— but given the general street planning of Ever Grande...

"An alleyway, I believe?" He said as they stepped out the door, feeling some small relief in being correct.

Wouldn't do to embarrass himself in front of his new colleague!

However...

The alleyway seemed normal at a glance; A number of trash cans, with two large containers pressed against the other side of the wall they had been observing earlier.

Honestly, it all looked almost spotless, if anything, given it seemed to be where the both the shop's workers and the nearby locals dumped their trash.

Yet...

"Rather foul, isn't it?" The blonde muttered with a wrinkling nose. The smell was something else.

There had been a number of airfreshners and pokemon with such abilities within the shop, and now he knew why.

This would've certainly ruined any customer's meal.

As they stepped closer to the trash containers...

Thud.

One of them suddenly shifted.

Slowly, the heavy lid pried itself open— the putrid stench grew even stronger as a thick, viscuous substance began to seemingly overflow out of the container, hefty droplets falling upon the gravel beneath them— and sizzling upon it as they began to eat into the concrete.

"... Oh brother."

Who the hell had overfed a Muk?

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
DANGER SENSE [AOO]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 18:20:39 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The stench hit Gunner like a wall. Covering his nose and mouth with a hand, he watched with growing horror and consternation as a Muk emerged from one of the large trash bins. Its acid had eaten through part of the container and the wall behind it. [break][break]

"Not only is this a biohazard, but if it continued to eat through the wall, it would have broken through the gas pipes," Gunner said, sighing. "The Rangers will have to handle this." [break][break]

At least the Muk did not seem intent on fleeing the scene. In fact, it looked perfectly content in its trash bin, where it'd clearly been dining on plentiful trash. [break][break]

"Do you want to see if they've arrived yet? I'll stay here and keep an eye on our friend." [break][break]

Hopefully, he didn't have to wait long.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
DANGER SENSE [AOO]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 19:10:44 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

danger sense

Mission with

He had no intention of arguing over the chance of looking over this hot, stinky mess.

"Of course, sir. I'll be right back." He said, excusing himself politely before retreating back into the cafe without another word.

He was very appreciative of the other man's sense of duty at that moment. As he made his way through the cafe, he paused before the vastly more calm Absol, tilting his head at it.

It cocked its own head back at him. It seemed that whatever disaster had alarmed it before was no longer coming. Truly curious, how it worked. It was almost like it could peer into alternate futures.

He gestured with his neck towards the door.

"Let's get you to your partner." He said, hoping they hadn't kept the woman waiting for too long out there.

As they stepped outside and trainer and absol were reunited, Gwyar needed only half turn to find rangers rushing towards the scene, their distinctive uniforms bringing a sense of relief to the onlooking masses that the two cops had been unable to manage.

"Gentlemen, Ladies, " He said with a smile, folding an arm over his chest whilst bowing politely. "There's a overfed Muk in the backalley around the cafe."

The men grew alarmed rather quickly at that, muttering their thanks before rushing away.

"My time was running short, so... Please give Officer Graves my thanks when you see him." He said, before turning to leave. "I must be off now."

Sootopolis couldn't be left alone for too long.

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
DANGER SENSE [AOO]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 20:11:24 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven