[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS:[break]
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

SKY PILLAR[break]✥ LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1102470275758567474/meglal.mp3[/player][break]
Ultra Megalopolis - Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
[break]

A RUINED CITY IN ULTRA SPACE. It is unclear whether this is a different universe's Ultra Megalopolis or smaller colony. Regardless, it is a dark city with intermittent sections of flickering, artificial light... Large, black prism-like skyscrapers loom above flat black streets. Much ruin has fallen here, but you get the sense that you're not alone...

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 02 use an ILLUMINA POKEMON to help light your way, or to distract/attract threats.
  • 04 discover permanently defunct and dull Z-CRYSTALS scattered about the city.
  • 07 discover barely working vending machines that dispense odd tasting energy drinks in exchange for defunct Z-CRYSTALS.
  • 08 explore an abandoned or dangerous building that represents a societal institution (e.g. a destroyed school, a dilapidated church, a powered down 'police station').
  • 🗺️ utilize a PARADOX POKEMON in an advantageous way.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS: AS
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 20:00:39 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Wait a minute, this isn't the Sky Pillar." Andrea deduced. While trying to crash Lord Rayquaza's house to give the dragon god lots of hugs and kisses, she'd somehow ended up falling through another rift between dimensions. Either way, she was getting an adventure, so the young PokéManiac did not complain.

One thing that stuck out about this ruined metropolis was how desolate it felt, unlike Ultra Desert and Ultra Sea, which were teeming with all sorts of life. Yet, the creepy avant-garde architecture was a clear sign that a civilization had once flourished here. Could it have been those notorious Megalopolans she'd read so much about?

First, they needed to do something about the creeping darkness. Andrea sent out her Slowking, Bronson. This Slowking was not only shiny, not only an Illumina Pokémon, but also a true bro she could count on. "Bronson, use Spotlight!"

"Slooooooooow!"

Tribal markings lit up across the Slowking's pudgy frame, illuminating the area around them. Yet, the darkness did not completely vanish; it only receded further back. With her living lamp in tow, the dragon-costumed girl began exploring the empty city streets.

02 use an ILLUMINA POKEMON to help light your way, or to distract/attract threats.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
722 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 10:36:15 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Ultra Megalopolis. It's a weird name, isn't it? Very arrogant. It'd be like if Sootopolis was called Super Goodopolis. Though, you suppose that since they're called Megalopolans, that shouldn't come as much of a surprise. Or, were they originally called something else, and they renamed themselves when they built the city?

You don't know, and frankly, you don't really care. You didn't come here to interrogate the arrogance of aliens. You're here to scout out the city, find points of interest, that sort of thing. It's not your first choice of job, but at the very least, this place seems safer than the Ultra Plant. Less chance of getting shocked by faulty wiring, or zapped by a lightning bolt, or attacked by a gigantic being made of pure electricity. Sure, it's a little dark, but comparatively, that's easy street.

No, the hard part is navigating this mess. All the dark towering spires and pitch black roads don't exactly give you much to go off. But, c'mon. In a city this big? They've got to have a map somewhere.

But you don't find it. At least, not before you're caught. Caught by what? You don't know, but as you turn the corner, you're suddenly illuminated by a shining spotlight, so bright that it's practically blinding. After spending the last few minutes in near-darkness, looking at it makes you feel like your eyeballs are melting. That is to say--

"--FUCK!"

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 11:04:54 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea's body tensed up. They were not alone in this murky ghost town. Something was lurking in the shadows, something vile and vulgar...

A man.

Her body untensed. "Hello. Are you lost, sir?" The draconic cosplayer waved at the foul-mouthed man, showing no signs of fear or worry. Why should she? There was nothing suspicious about a guy showing up in the middle of an abandoned city.

Bronson the brotherly Slowking also raised its paw, greeting the long-haired stranger with a cordial "Slooooooooow!"

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
722 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 1:51:27 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"Aaah... My eyes...!"

You rub your eyes as your vision adjusts to the newfound light, and your sight slowly but surely returns to you. Once it has, you blink a few times, before your gaze settles on the strange woman and her Slowking. You want to be mad at her for unintentionally flashbanging you, but considering you had just been wandering around in the dark, you can't blame her. Besides, her whole getup is real distracting. Why is she dressed in silly pajamas in the middle of this alien world?

Wait... Is she... Is she an alien? No, no, surely not. Don't be stupid. She's probably just some stupid trainer who fell through a wormhole and decided to explore. There's no way anyone would willingly come to Ultra Space dressed like that.

"Yeah, uh, kind of." You mumble, your tone of voice somewhere between puzzled, irritated, and inquiring. Well, if she's just a civillian, you might as well try to pump her for information before you continue on your way. "I'm just looking for some kind of map? If you've seen anything like that?"

She probably hasn't, but hey, it can't hurt to ask, right?

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 14:30:35 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
“A map?” The pajama-clad girl rubbed her chin, thinking. “Nope, haven’t seen anything like that. But if we explore together, we might be able to find our way around easier. By the way, I’m Andrea. Nice to meet you!”

While exploring the derelict metropolis with her newly appointed friend in tow, Andrea stepped on something hard and pointy. “Ow!” She yelped, before picking the object up and curiously examining it. “Is that a Z-Crystal?!”

If it was one, it didn’t seem to have any effect on Bronson, so perhaps it had long been dried out of energy and tossed aside like a used battery. The young PokéManiac decided to keep it around just in case.

04 discover permanently defunct and dull Z-CRYSTALS scattered about the city.
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
722 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 7:29:51 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
...You're not quite sure how you got shanghai'd into this, but before you know it, you've found yourself walking behind the strange girl. How did this happen? One minute you're scouting things out on behalf of Team Rocket, and now here you are, stuck babysitting a civillian in this post-industrial nightmare realm. Joy.

Well, it could be worse. At the very least, nothing is trying to kill you right now. If you pretend that you're not surrounded by gigantic spires and overcast by a sunless sky, it's almost a little relaxing. Maybe the Megalopolans didn't have it so bad after all?

CRUNCH! Hm? As Andrea steps on one of the pointy crystals, you step on another. The difference is, you're wearing shoes, so while it stabs into her foot, it shatters against yours. Curious, you crouch down, proceeding to scoop up a handful of the shards. Huh, they're look like Z-Crystals, but they're nowhere near as shiny or colourful. You don't feel any kind of aura radiating off them, either, so you doubt they actually work. Still, you cram the handful in your pocket. Who knows? Maybe they'll be useful somewhere along the line. Worse comes to worst, you can always just hand them off to the science department. Lord knows they'll find a use for them.

But you've got to get back there first. Looking up, you peer into the distance, and just barely manage to make out a tower that's wider than the rest. Bingo. That one's going to be important somehow. It's got to be a factory, or a laboratory, or a government building, or something like that.

"There."

Shaking the crumbled pieces of crystal off from the bottom of your shoe, you walk ahead towards said building, glancing behind you to check whether the weird pajama girl is following or not.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 14:44:42 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"That building DOES look important! Let's go, Bronson!" The eccentric trainer cried out in excitement, running towards the important-looking building. Bronson would get there eventually. If you expected a Slowking to be fast, read the first four letters of their name again.

The inside of the building was dark. So dark, in fact, that even Bronson's Illuminate ability could not illuminate it. "Hmmm, this looks like a job for Mecha-Chomper!" The young PokéManiac casually sent out her Paradox Pokémon. By casting an Electric Terrain over the area, the Iron Jugulis was able to bring electronics back to life for a limited time, turning the artificial lights back on.

The place that was laid out before them was pretty spacious. The room they were currently in looked like a reception of sorts, albeit most of it was in ruins. A pair of large staircases worn down by time led into various classrooms, lecture halls and laboratories. "A university, huh?" Even Megalopolans needed education, after all.

"Do you see anything interesting in here, mister?" Andrea asked her cool traveling companion who had yet to be named.

08 explore an abandoned or dangerous building that represents a societal institution (e.g. a destroyed school, a dilapidated church, a powered down 'police station').

🗺️ utilize a PARADOX POKEMON in an advantageous way.
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
722 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 9:59:42 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"...Is that a vending machine?"

Yes, yes it is. Sitting there in the hallway is what can best be described as the Megalopolan equivelant of a vending machine. It's in rough shape right now, and the only reason it's even working right now is because the Electric Terrain is powering it, but it still seems to work. Hm. Thinking about it, all this traipsing around the Ultra Megalopolis is making you a little thirsty. You could really go for a nice cold Bepis right now...

So, you make a beeline for the machine, ignoring both Andrea, and just about everything else the university has to offer. However, you're quickly stalled in your efforts by the alien interface of the machine. There's no Bepis on display, all the keys in the numberpad are written in Megalopolan, and you can't seem to find the coin slot no matter how hard you look.

"...Hm. But what if...?"

You idly kick the machine, trying to see if you can get anything to fall out. The vending machine does not react.

Tch.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 10:16:06 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The ultimate life hack of kicking the machine had not worked. Suddenly invested in this alien piece of technology, both trainers tried to figure out how it worked. While it lacked a coin slot, there was a hole suspiciously shaped like a Z-Crystal. Sure enough, shoving one of the crystals from earlier inside, the machine would whir to motion, popping out a green energy drink of some description.

“I got a thing!” Andrea triumphantly held the can up in the air like some kind of temporal hero. Prying the can open, she took a sip, only to immediately scrunch up her face in disgust. “Bleh! Gross!” She spit out the dubious drink, then tried to wipe her tongue clean.

While her Slowking leaned over the curious liquid spilled over the floor, and the Iron Jugulis tried to hug the vending machine, the young PokéManiac turned to Shred. “I don’t think anything in this world is edible… or drinkable for that matter. We should come back here after we stock up on some supplies.”

If anything, this building would make for a good place to set up camp in their next visit, so this expedition had not been a complete waste. Plus, they had made a new friend!

07 discover barely working vending machines that dispense odd tasting energy drinks in exchange for defunct Z-CRYSTALS.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
722 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 15:04:56 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
It uses these empty Z-Move crystals? You pull one of them out of your pocket, and raise it up to eye-level. So, are these like Megalopolan currency? Were they just walking around with wallets packed full of these things? Idly, you push one into the vending machine's slot, stroking your chin as it slowly dispenses another dubious soda. Why Z-Move crystals, though? They already had a purpose, namely for using Z-Moves. Why double up? It'd be like if Slateport used empty beer cans as currency. It just didn't make any sense to you.

KERCHUNK! A second can drops down, and you grab it, crack it open, and take a sip. It tastes like red onion, drain cleaner, and hotdog water. Still, not the worst energy drink you've ever had in your life.

"Alright, yeah, lets call it quits." Your declare, looking at Andrea with detached disinterest. You got some decent scouting done for the day, but you're not going to get any real work done with her hanging around. So, it's time to call today a wash and try again tomorrow. Hopefully next time, you won't run into any mentalist cosplayers. "Let's get out of here. Take me to whatever wormhole you--"

Honk.

Honk? Immediately, your head snaps towards the source of the comical noise, which is, of course, a strange malformed clown standing in the doorway. Why wouldn't it be a hideous clown monster? The Ultra Plant was full of sentient wires and bricks, of course Lesser Megalopolis had a weird clown! You cross your arms as you look towards what you presume to be an Ultra Beast, clearly unimpressed. Then, after a moment's pause, the clown's bulbous head began to make a high-pitched hissing sound, like that of a lit fuse that was quickly reaching its end.

...Uh oh.

yjIjhp0t
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 15:26:11 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The man seemingly agreed with the plan, definitely not intending to ditch Andrea at the earliest opportunity. However, leaving an alien dimension was not as easy as walking out the front door. When humans made plans, Arceus laughed. And what was more laughter-inducing than clowns?

Honk.

The wacky-looking Ultra Beast made obscene noises, its ball-shaped head lighting up with strange colors like never seen on Earth.

"Run!" The eccentric trainer withdrew her teammates into their Pokéballs, and ran for cover.

KABOOM!

Cliffhanger.

ZLcJ5EwS