lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
smoke & ribbons [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 18:36:16 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
It'd been a minute since Lam had the chance to take on a gym as a challenger since he'd taken over things in Lilycove.[break][break]
Eventually, though, he carved out the time to make his way over to Littleroot. Allllll the way out to the tiny town tucked on the western side of the region.[break][break]
The library set up was sort of nostalgic. The moment he walked through the doors to the quaint little building, he was hit with that old, familiar and sort of bittersweet feeling. It reminded him of the time he spent at the one in his hometown as a kid. Pouring over book about flying-types after school while his dad was still at work. It was a warm recollection. A fond one that settled in as she wandered the shelves as he waited for the gym leader to arrive.[break][break]
His fingers absently drifted over the spines of books that were stacked neatly in rows on a variety of subjects. Absently, he thought that maybe he should get a new library card when the got back to Lilycove later that day.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- ordeal badge![break]
- i'll edit in my actual sprites!!

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
smoke & ribbons [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 19:58:16 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
All were welcome to the library part of Hideo's Gym - getting a library card was as easy as just signing up for one and getting it, and one wasn't necessary to access the other amenities his library/gym had to offer.

The badge, on the other hand, was something that had to be earned. And that test was one Hideo was ready to apply to . Logan wouldn't have to wait long until a certain blind boy approached, an Orbeetle floating above him.

"Lam Logan, right?" Hideo asked, raising a hand. "Glad you could make it! We got plenty of reading material here, but I hope you didn't get through a whole book waiting for me!"

A small joke to diffuse the tension - always helped to calm challengers' nerves.

"I'm Hideo Kino, Gym Leader of the Ordeal Gym. If you'd follow us, we'll take you to the arena." Hideo turned, beckoning the man to follow.

The walk wouldn't be completely silent, of course.

"So I like to ask all my challengers this: what got you interested in trying out my Gym today, Mr. Logan?"

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
smoke & ribbons [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 1:20:58 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
Pulled from his focus on a field guide of flying types, Lam looked down at the boy who approached with an easygoing smile, “Yep, that’s me! You’ve definitely got a nice collection.” He let the book fall shut before sliding back in place on the shelf. “Nah though—just skimming.”[break][break]
He glanced up curiously, catching sight of the orbeetle with a slight tilt of his head.[break][break]
His laughter, light and amused, came easily. “Glad to meet you, Hideo. Don’t think we’ve had the chance yet.” He fell in step with the younger gym leader as they made their way to the gym proper.[break][break]
Considering the question, Lam’s shoulder rose in a shrug before falling back into place. “I’ve been waiting for the free chance to come out and make a formal challenge— I enjoy seeing how the other gym leaders style their gyms.” His lopsided smile morphs into a grin. “Plus, I haven’t been able to compete as the challenger for a while! Oh—and Lam’s fine, by the way.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- ordeal badge![break]
- i'll edit in my actual sprites!!

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
smoke & ribbons [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 19:11:32 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Well, that's good to hear! Things can get pretty busy, but I try to stay on time with all my challengers." Not as busy as when he first opened the place, but still busy enough that he didn't have much time to dawdle. "Pleasure to meet you too!"

It wasn't a very eventful walk - Hideo's Orbeetle kept watch ahead, seamlessly guiding Hideo through its Telepathy. "I'm sure you'll enjoy the style here, Lam! Me and my Pokemon put a lot of work into making the battles as fun to watch as they are to battle in!"

A pair of double doors was all that separated them from the arena - dramatically opened by his Orbeetle's Psychic powers. Inside was a fairly featureless room, with a number of people sitting on the bleachers on each side. A number of psychic Pokemon were at each end of the arena, and on the opposing end of the arena, stood two of Hideo's Pokemon.

One, a male Indeedee, who offered a polite bow as the challenger entered the arena. The other, an Espurr, who blankly stared at the newcomer, merely tilting her head.

"Once you got your team ready, I can set things up!" Hideo broke away from Lam, making his way to his team, the Orbeetle that'd been at his side breaking away to join the Psychic Pokemon along the edges.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
smoke & ribbons [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 16:09:17 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]“I can understand that,” he agreed, puffing out an exaggerated breath, “feels like I’m always on my feet.” And that didn’t really factor in everything that had been going on outside of those typical, daily gym duties.[break][break]

As the other led, Lam followed—content to also trail after the boy’s attentive Orbeetle. “I’m looking forward to it! I’ve heard good things about your style.” He definitely was one to enjoy matches when they were genuinely fun— that showed, in his opinion, the spirit of circuit matches. After all, learning should be an enjoyable thing, right?[break][break]

Lam looked on at the accumulating pokemon with curiosity, but was quick to turn his attention back to Hideo, moving to take up his own side of the pitch.. “You got it!”[break][break]

From two pocketed pokeballs came his team for the day— the gentle wingbeats of a volcarona as it lifted just off the stadium pitch into the air. Followed by the scrabbling claws of his Galarian zigzagoon as he darted in excitable circles in the shadow of the bug-type, happily yipping his greetings.[break][break]

Once Jam Jam got some of those cursory zoomies out, Lam grinned as determination set in. “Ready when you are!” He wasn’t quite sure what the younger gym leader had in mind by setting things up, but he was ready to meet it with as much fire power as he could manage.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- ordeal badge![break]
- sorry for the wait!!

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
smoke & ribbons [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 18:53:11 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Well, at least the League likes it when we aren't being lazy," Hideo added with a grin. "And it's good to hear people are liking my style! Always like to hear that I got a good rep~"

With that, he made his way to his team. The Indeedee quietly waved as the boy approached, while a smile found its way onto the Espurr's face as it approached Hideo, lightly tugging on his leg - just to tell him it was there.

He waited until the challenger let out their Pokemon before he'd begin.

"Now that we got our Pokemon ready, let's set up the stage!" A Psychic Terrain was spread by the Psychic Pokemon on the outer edges of the arena, the environment quickly transforming into something completely different.

[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Let's Rock
[attr="class","monody"]
The Frozen Throne
They'd find themselves outside of an ornate, icy palace, a snowstorm blazing through the area. Darkness loomed above them, though close observation would reveal they were actually within a cave, as blue and icy as the palace before them; stalagmite and stalactites littered the area, though they were outside the arena - the dimension of which the challengers and their Pokemon would be instinctually aware of.

But in spite of the blizzard around them, the room felt just the same as before: no colder or warmer than before the illusion was set up, no wind blowing in their faces. The illusion was visual only, even as the snowflakes and frost seemed to build up on whoever they fell upon.

"Now then," Hideo said, extending an open hand towards Lam - his Indeedee mimicking the gesture, "The challenger has the right to the first move."

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/zvOgvDD.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
smoke & ribbons [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 20:36:58 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]"True enough!" he laughed, "It's probably better we stay on our toes anyway. Keeps us from being caught off guard." From any number of things these days, it felt like.[break][break]
Watching on with his team at the ready, Lam waited for the other gym leader to lay his groundwork. Curious eyes studied Hideo's pokemon, light up with surprise as the terrain spread and warped the space around them.[break][break]
The chilly atmosphere, however, was not favored by Lam - cool as it was. With a low brrr, he shivered dramatically. The chill was all in his head, of course, but the effect was the same.[break][break]
"That's a pretty dope trick, I gotta say!" he looked at his pair, "Alright, Jam Jam cover the offense." The zigzagoon yipped, darting forward ahead of the volcarona in a crooked pattern. As the moth prepared itself, Jam Jam watched for any sneak moves - a QUICK GUARD setting itself in place.[break][break]
Unlike the illusory wind of the blizzard, Lam's volcarona drummed up its own, scale-like power. Its wings beat, swirling the SILVER WIND into a blustery gust toward the opposing espurr, aiming to knock it off of its feet.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- ordeal badge![break]
- zigzagoon uses QUICK GUARD[break]
- volcarona uses SILVER WIND on espurr

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
smoke & ribbons [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 23:49:37 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://file.garden/Ze-SbFmahEcRvg_Y/Prove%20Thyself%20Quiet.mp3[/player]

[attr="class","monody"]
The Frozen Throne
Hideo happily nodded. "It's pretty popular with challengers! And for the audience too!... though the recordings we make of these matches can't catch all the details." A sad reality of the aesthetics utilizing their minds: a video recording couldn't record it all.

Oh well.

The incoming Silver Wind served its purpose, the small Espurr lifted into the air as she let out a squeal of pain. The snowflakes in the air were blown in the direction of the attack, coating the Espurr in a thin layer of snow as if she were attacked by a Blizzard.

But before she could be blown off into the (fake) distance, the Indeedee caught her. His hands glowed right as energy flower towards the Espurr, the Helping Hand empowering the Espurr.

The Espurr that immediately put it to use, glaring at the Volcarona as an orb of psychic energy built up in front of it. The Psyshock would be fired at the Volcarona, flakes of snow twirling around it on a flourish.

Espurr was hit by Silver Wind
Indeedee used Helping Hand
Espurr used (Helping Hand-enhanced) Psyshock on Volcarona

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/zvOgvDD.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
smoke & ribbons [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 20:22:49 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

“I’m not surprised!” he replied brightly, “It’s pretty vivid. Really puts you in the moment.” As he’d noticed before, he actually felt cold without there being any real chill at all. Just by nature of the imagery around them. “Do they choose the scenery at random?”[break][break]
His eyes darted to the two psychic pokemon, who had built the scene and were holding down the fort as well.[break][break]
Volcarona’s hit landed, and watched as the espurr kicked off and spun in a flurry of blustery snow. Flakes drifted down and settled on the volcarona as well—impervious despite the fact that normally that snow would quickly melt off of his warm, fiery wings.[break][break]
So enraptured was the moth, he did not allow enough time to dodge the jolt of psychic energy that lashed his way. His mandible’s clacked, a reverberating screech of irritation following as he shook his head to dispel the shock that kicked through his system.[break][break]
The volcarona’s wings beat hard and fast, the intensity ramping up until the vibration reached a shrill pitch that carried across the wind to the espurr’s folded ears (BUG BUZZ.) Until that point, Jam Jam had been skirting the perimeter of the guard he’d set up, and he continued to move in a crooked pattern—though defense was no longer his motive.[break][break]
Little paws danced over the icy ground, skidding and sliding, and drawing up foliage from under the illusory layer of snow dusted across the ground. A tangle of vines crack through the pristine white and crawl with impressive speed toward the indeedee—GRASS KNOTS intent on pulling its feet out from under it.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- ordeal badge![break]
- zigzagoon uses grass knot on indeedee[break]
- volcarona uses bug buzz on espurr

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
smoke & ribbons [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 23:07:51 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","monody"]
The Frozen Throne
Hideo could merely shrug. "Beats me. I'm not really the best person to consult on visual stuff, so my Pokemon are the ones that decide on it. They do give me a decent idea of what's going on, but I think they talk to each other about it first? Not like I can understand Pokespeak."

The two he had battling were not maintaining the illusion; that was on the ones in the outskirts, who couldn't be seen. They were the ones ensuring the illusion was so thorough, and that each challenger would instinctively know the dimensions of the room so as not to run into a wall.

Or them.

Or the audience.

The Espurr bore a wry grin, seeing its attack land. It even shouted off a few taunts - nothing the people would understand.

Those taunts seemed to very quickly receive a response, though.

The Indeedee was ready to carry the Espurr away from the incoming Bug Buzz - only to trip over the Grass Knots that it was targeted by, icy grass grabbing its legs. It lost its hold on the Espurr, the little psychic flying through the air - and right into the Bug Buzz.

The Espurr was left reeling after it hit the ground, making a racket - so much so that there would be little surprise that it let out a Disarming Voice, aiming to punish both its attacker and the one that tripped its protector.

Said Indeedee peeked over at the Zigzagoon, glaring. It scolded the Zigzagoon, insisting that it should Play Nicer, or it'd risk enraging the Espurr even further.

Indeedee was hit by Grass Knot and dropped the Espurr
Espurr was hit by Bug Buzz
Espurr used Disarming Voice on Volcarona and Zigzagoon
Indeedee used Play Nice

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
smoke & ribbons [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 2:16:21 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

“It’s interesting, honestly!” Lam’s eyes drifted toward the edges of the field where he’d first seen Pokémon congregating, though they were all but invisible now with the illusion rising up around them. “They’re pretty creative, huh?” He didn’t work with psychic-types often. Maybe he should.[break][break]
The attacks fell with a force like poetry in motion. The chain of events naturally lending to one another–even though the volcarona caught the brunt of the espurr’s shrill protests. The bug’s head shook, wings flapping as it wound through the air to shake off the ringing in his head.[break][break]
His zigzagoon skidded to a halt, head tilting sharply to the side as his bright blue tongue lolled. Wide, blithe eyes blinked at the indeedee as he trilled in confusion. Why had he been fighting? Did he still want to attack the indeedee. Jam Jam didn’t think he did.[break][break]
He looked back at Lam with a questioning chirp, and the gym leader sighed lightly. It’d be fine, though. They’d work around this. “Switcheroo, you two!”[break][break]
Jam Jam could work with that! Eagerly, the zigzagoon darted forward again, criss-crossing with the volcarona who fluttered in the air and turned his attention away from his consistent prodding of the espurr. Instead, when the moth shot forward at a stilted, darting pace, the SKITTER SMACK was swung toward the indeedee.[break][break]
Yipping, Jam Jam followed–plowing through the swirling flurries of snow toward the irritated espurr. His attack was still dampened, unfortunately–though no less gross. The noxious spit of a GUNK SHOT aimed to drench the espurr’s soft fur.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- ordeal badge![break]
- zigzagoon uses gunk shot on espurr[break]
- volcarona uses skitter smack on indeedee

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
smoke & ribbons [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 0:50:13 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","monody"]
The Frozen Throne
"Yup! They've done a different environment for every battle!" From casinos to forests to mechanical kingdoms, his Pokemon kept coming up with different stuff for his challengers to experience. "Only shame is they don't show up all that well on recordings. But that just means I get a good audience~"

Turnouts were always pretty good for these challenges. Not that it mattered whether there was one or not; this was a test first and foremost.

The Indeedee took the opportunity to stand back up, its scoldings taking effect. It took a moment to brush itself off, looking over to the Espurr, whose face was still scrunched in anger. The Indeedee spoke a few words to try and calm its partner down, which only earned a pout.

Her focus was more on the incoming Volcarona - and she quickly shouted a warning to the Indeedee, one that was followed up with a quick creation of a Reflective barrier around herself and the Indeedee.

It was in time to lessen the blow from the Skitter Smack, which still hit the Indeedee hard. He was able to keep his balance this time, and had the time to retaliate; it'd aimed a Psychic blast at the Volcarona, aiming to push it back.

Hideo's team, too, had done a little switcheroo - changing who was supporting and who was attacking.

Though said effort left the Espurr open to the Gunk Shot, the poor girl getting coated in the foul-smelling attack. Angry ranting was soon to follow, the poison entering her body doing nothing to diminish her rage.

Espurr used Reflect
Indeedee was hit by Skitter Smack
Indeedee used Psychic on Volcarona
Espurr was hit by Gunk Shot
Espurr was Poisoned

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
smoke & ribbons [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 3:06:10 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

“That’s so dope! I wonder what makes them pick each scene for whatever challenger..” he was only musing at that point– it was probably all random, right? Or maybe it was no coincidence at all that they’d chosen the opposite of Lam’s preferred climate. “Whatever brings the crowd in!” he agreed, laughing. “A live show is loads more fun, anyway.”[break][break]
And Lam could definitely understand why spectators might especially enjoy coming to these sorts of spectacle shows. It only enhanced the actual battles that much more–even if it was just show.[break][break]
Hideo’s pokemon certainly brought character to the competition too. Lam watched as they chattered back and forth as though bickering before the espurr threw up a protective shield for the other. His volcarona screeched as his attack was dampened. But rather than put distance between them again, the moth circled back and dove at the indeedee again.[break][break]
He dipped in the air as the PSYCHIC burst drove him away, but he forced himself through. The slight waver in his flight pattern gave away the volcarona’s flagging energy, however. Regardless, as he flew at the indeedee, heat and flame licked off of its wings as it charged in a FLARE BLITZ that cut through the illusory snow with bright bursts of red and orange.[break][break]
Jam Jam’s tongue lolled in a happy pant, completely unserious next to his counterpart, as he detoured from his next attack to catch plume of his own tail as it caught his eye. “Focus, buddy!” Lam called with a sigh of affectionate exasperation.[break][break]
The zigzagoon yipped, turning back toward the now-gunky espurr. He rolled over himself– seemingly clumsy on his feet until he charged the other pokemon with a DOUBLE-EDGED tackle.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- ordeal badge![break]
- zigzagoon uses double edge on espurr[break]
- volcarona uses flare blitz on indeedee[break]
- volcarona is flagging

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
smoke & ribbons [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 15:32:00 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://file.garden/Ze-SbFmahEcRvg_Y/Cold%20Fighter%20quiet.mp3[/player]

[attr="class","monody"]
The Frozen Throne
To that, Hideo merely shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine! I'm not really good at choosing good aesthetics, so it's up to their whims. Maybe they just rotate who chooses what?"

He couldn't deny the results; Lam was right about the audience it always brought in.

Of course, the fights also drew them in.

And while they couldn't perceive the crowd viewing the battle, they were quite entertained by their battle.

The Indeedee kept a close eye on the Volcarona, and saw that Flare Blitz coming. It braced itself for the impact, the flames melting the snow around them on approach. The attack struck, the Reflect softening the blow, yet still knocking the Indeedee down.

But it wasn't out yet, the Indeed rising back up, a scowl on its face.

The Espurr, meanwhile, got to contend with the source of her poisoning. She had quite a few nasty words for the Zigzagoon as it got close, and was completely open to the incoming Double Edged tackle that came her way. She tried to brace herself as the Indeedee had, but the poison had done its work on her, and the attack hit her hard.

She stumbled, struggling to keep her balance. She clear looked out-of-it from that attack, but took one last moment to look the Zigzagoon straight in the eyes, letting out one last scream - a Disarming Voice, before hitting the ground face-first.

It would look as if the KO'd Espurr was suddenly covered in the same ice that littered the illusory battlefield, before shattering - the ice dust flying over into the Pokeball Hideo had taken out. An over-dramatic illusion of calling it back.

The Indeedee wouldn't let his companion's defeat go in vain; once he was fully on his feet, he'd let out a Disarming Voice of his own.

Indeedee was hit by Flare Blitz
Espurr was hit by Double Edge
Espurr used Disarming Voice one more time before being KO'd
Indeedee used Disarming Voice

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
smoke & ribbons [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 16:58:53 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Lam hummed out an I dunno! sort of sound. "That sounds like it makes sense. I'm definitely not an expert in the whims of pokemon, either!" But the details hardly mattered if the people involved were having a good time.[break][break]
He fell quiet then, as he focused on the volcarona, who was having an increasingly difficult time of it. Its wings flapped and it let let out a screech when the attack on the indeedee was dampened.[break][break]
But its sound was then overpowered by the DISARMING VOICE of the espurr as she fell. Jam Jam also tumbled back, stunned by both recoil and the noise. A yelping sound followed as he tried to cover his tufty ears with his paws.[break][break]
Addled from the noise, the zigzagoon attempted a poorly matched COUNTER that decidedly fell flat.[break][break]
The volcarona wavered in the air again, screeching out the shrill hum of another BUG BUZZ as a second DISARMING VOICE scrambled its senses and sent it crashing to the floor of the pitch - too weak to continue.[break][break]
And then... there was Jam Jam.[break][break]
(Who warily stood, tail swishing in fear of more screaming.)

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- ordeal badge![break]
- zigzagoon uses counter but it fails[break]
- volcarona uses bug buzz on indeedee[break]
- volcarona faints

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights