Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
penance
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 21:23:41 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

The search continued for the three GALARIAN BIRDS — in this case, for the mostly flightless ZAPDOS. [break][break]

By order of , had taken it upon himself to investigate the dens of the original avian trio, hoping perhaps their cousins would be drawn to these locations. [break][break]

New Mauville was next on his list.[break][break]

"I'm surprised you accepted my invitation so readily," He commented to the subordinate he'd brought along with him, . [break][break]

"Considering how I threw you to Chien-Pao."[break][break]

Though they'd been under the influence of several RUINOUS BEASTS, Barnaby was unsure if there was resentment festering under Grigori's stoic demeanor.[break][break]

"No hard feelings about that, I hope."

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
penance
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 7:29:33 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Of course, Mr. Bee,” Grigori said as he followed the boss-like figure through the town. “It is hard to blame any single person, if any at all, for the fault of those strange Pokémon.

As Bee had surmised, the Ruinous Beasts were to blame for any rash actions taken at that meeting. Even if said meeting left him confused, ashamed, upset, and any other particular emotion that wasn’t positive, it wasn’t right to direct it at the people. He was just as guilty: One does not tackle the likes of Elisabeth and expect nothing to happen in return.

But that was not why he accepted the invitation. If anything, he wanted to discard it and never dare step into the lives of those above him again. But… that would draw attention in and of itself. Best to do whatever they suggest and hope they forget him afterwords.

Yet it does make me wonder, if you’ll forgive me… how did things get to as they were?” Grigori stared at the back of Bee's head. “One moment, I’m standing outside the entrance, the next… I’m dragged into the meeting by strange winds from an even stranger creature."

He let-slash-made the man lead. Even after a year and a half of the start of his visitations to this town, its layout still remained foreign. No point in humoring his awful navigation skills. “I presume it showed up without rhyme or reason, but what had you been discussing within the meeting? Maybe something brought up triggered its arrival. And the strange birds...

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
penance
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 2:50:33 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

New Mauville was no town — not in the traditional sense, anyway. [break][break]

Its development had long been abandoned and its original purpose shifted to meet the demands of the people above. Perhaps it was the crackle of electricity from the power plant here that enticed a Pokémon like ZAPDOS to take refuge.[break][break]

"That's the number one question, isn't it?"[break][break]

How?
[break]

CHIEN-PAO had appeared as if from no where and claimed as its Avatar. Not long after, the GALARIAN BIRDS had manifested as well. [break][break]

"But those beasts do not show themselves without reason. Chien-Pao came seeking its vessel in Admin Cross, I'm sure of it." Barnaby had been the sole witness to the same ritual involving and WO-CHIEN. The way that demon had hunted her... it was no mere coincidence. It saw potential in her.[break][break]

Just as CHIEN-PAO had seen potential in , whatever that may have been.[break][break]

"The birds..." He echoed Grigori, shrugging the strap of his bag to a more comfortable position on his shoulder. Inside were several game cameras meant to be setup in the heart of New Mauville.[break][break]

"What are your thoughts on them?"[break][break]

Barnaby was curious to see how much could knit together.

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
penance
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 19:03:30 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Admin Bee would know more about the Jayden Cross situation than Grigori. It sounded like the man spoke from experience, but in that experience, he did not know himself. Nor would he assume. He simply trusted the other and continued following along.

However, once the questioning was turned back on him, Grigori ‘hmmm’-ed and looked at the surroundings. What a place this was, a power plant. He knew someone who’d likely feel at home in here. All sorts of machines to investigate, and systems to tinker with. Not for him, though. It was well beyond his pay grade to know exactly how things worked.

I’m afraid I know little, and think about it even less, Mr. Bee,” Grigori stated simply. Much occurred during that day, and the birds had appeared much too late for him to seriously consider it.

I’m sure they have a meaning and purpose, though. Perhaps a sign?

Sign for what, though? The event could be spun in numerous directions, and at least half of them wouldn’t be far-fetched in his eyes. This grunt would let the rest of them decide and discuss what they meant for Rocket. They’d likely decipher some hidden meaning much faster, more efficiently, and a lot more coherent than his thoughts.

If you permit it, I’m more interested in your thoughts on the matter,” Grigori said. “And if you’ll allow me to help carry some equipment.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
penance
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 0:29:40 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

There was something to be said about obedient men. [break][break]

Those of few words, like , who offered their help but thought little of the catalyst that spurred on a mission like this one. Did he not care about the fate of their universe? About why their Hoenn had been doomed as the Origin Point? [break][break]

Or what could be done to save it?[break][break]

"I appreciate it," Barnaby replied, letting one of the bags slide down his arm before handing it over. As he did so, the admin met Grigori's gaze and inwardly wondered — just how obedient was he?[break][break]

"And I agree with you. Their emergence is a sign, just like those Tera Crystals," He gestured to a few crystals that had grown between cracks in the concrete walls and floor. "Or Avatars. Paradox Pokémon. Necrozma. Mega Evolution. I could go on..."[break][break]

"These anomalies continue to persist across Hoenn. They're an omen." Maldacena, the rogue DRK Triad member, had confirmed as much within The Cloud.[break][break]

The two continued deeper into New Mauville.[break][break]

"Tell me, Grigori," Barnaby's voice was light and conversational, even as the topic of conversation began to darken.[break][break]

"Would you save our universe, even if it meant that all other universes would be destroyed?"

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
penance
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 15:38:13 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Omen? That was one view that made sense. After all, crystals that fractured light that began to creep between the cement and every stone were not normal. An omen of dark days and even darker times. But the birds? Those Grigori couldn’t hope to understand more. It required background knowledge he did not have.

Grigori took the bag and continued to follow along, still unsure of what Admin Bee was getting at with this conversation. Universes? Quite a big thing, that. A whole universe.

That would depend, Mr. Bee,” Grigori started. “Does the death of our universe mean the saving of the rest of them? Or is it just that we can guarantee our survival and little more?

An inherently selfish thing to consider. If there truly were multiple universes and worlds out there, it would be comically self-centered to save themselves while the rest were wiped out. Subjective, but even objectively. If they each held a different copy of this world, then theirs was only a tiny portion of all potential life.

Their existence would be nestled atop an uncountable mountain of death.

If our world’s death meant that the rest would survive, I would damn it so in a heartbeat,” he said. “But if it is truly the case that we can only watch as the death of existence barrels our way, it’d be silly to not stick around for the rest of these supposed universes.

Now the word sounded strange to his ears. Universes, universes, universes. A four-syllable phrase that bounced around in his head and made white noise. This question was an omen: a sign that the conversation would likely go off the rails if he did not intervene. People liked to add stipulation after stipulation until the original point of the question was lost to time.

But, if I may, I’d like to narrow the scope of this question a touch. Mr. Bee, how would we defend our universe in this supposed hypothetical? A rather tall task, all things considered.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
penance
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 3:16:47 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

As Grigori spoke his piece, a gaggle of MAGNEMITE floated in the air through the hallway the men traversed, looking similar to TYMPOLE swift swimming down a concrete river.[break][break]

"You're quite the selfless man, aren't you?" Barnaby tilted his head toward his companion, eyebrows raised in mild, impartial surprise.[break][break]

"How unexpected for a criminal." [break][break]

It made the admin curious to know more about the man's past and his personal motivations for being a member of TEAM ROCKET. It also made him wonder if had the wherewithal to endure what was to come.[break][break]

"Mr. Bee, how would we defend our universe in this supposed hypothetical? A rather tall task, all things considered.”
[break]

"It is indeed." was reminded of a conversation he'd had with . "That's a question we don't have an answer to."[break][break]

Yet.[break][break]

"We know of the Origin Point event. But not when it will occur or even what exactly it is. It's simply... destruction. Can we avoid it? Or is it inevitable?"[break][break]

Together they passed through another chamber. ZAPDOS' lair was close.[break][break]

"...Preparing for the unknown is a daunting thing." Here Barnaby fixed the grunt with a curious look. There was a slight weariness in the admin's expression that wasn't there before.[break][break]

"Should we not even try, then?"

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
penance
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 18:51:07 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Grigori did not respond to Admin Bee’s comment for one simple reason: he was not required to. He did not lie, but a lie required him to speak. Silence spoke volumes itself, but its need arose in situations like these. Words damned much harder.

But expressions spoke louder than both, sometimes. Such was the case when Bee gave the grunt a face of dismal hope. Like the environment sapped some strength from his boss to turn his eyebrows down and form a slight frown.

Should they even try?

Of course,” Grigori responded brightly. He motioned to the ambient Pokémon that paid them little attention, to their surroundings, perhaps even to the world itself, “If not for us, then for all that live and die by our determination. I’d argue the survival of the universe would rise above the squabbles between us and the League.

Dangerous words, but the harsh, hard truth. The cold universe cared little if they disappeared from it. A dozen deities would likely move on to other things in some other corner of the universe if they did not bother to recreate life as it was.

Death did not ask if they were yellow or purple as they lined up at the gates of hell.

If it’s any consolation, the world would not remember our failure for long,” Grigori patted Bee on his shoulder. “Nor any of our numerous crimes.

He did not bother to clarify if that was for the both of them, or just the one of them. That would absolutely paint him a traitor. Instead, he readjusted the strap on his bag. “Who knows? Maybe our attempt to save this world would counter-balance the many things we’ve done.

Speaking of,” Grigori let go and gave the man an arm's length of distance. “May I reverse the question again? Even though I suspect to know your answer, I am curious if yours has nuance.

Soon, they would be inside the lair. Perhaps a self-imposed feeling, but he swore the air grew more electrifying the deeper they traversed. Like physical TV static that permeated the senses. Was the bird inside the power plant with them?

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
penance
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 22:11:29 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

A hand clasped Barnaby's shoulder, goading a slight, commiserate smile to his lips.[break][break]

For a moment, he idly wondered if was a spiritual man.[break][break]

The enforcer talked of balancing moral and immoral, of the world forgetting as time passed. To the admin, it all sounded rather removed from the reality of their situation. Like watching calamity unfold from above.[break][break]

And then he asked the same of Barnaby.[break][break]

"There is no nuance, Grigori." [break][break]

was not a spiritual man. The highest power he conceded to was his own. Moral and immoral had no place in his theology.[break][break]

"I will try because I want to live. I will fight because I want Hoenn — our Hoenn — to thrive. I will go to war because I want Rocket to rise to power."[break][break]

He was not forceful in his reply. If anything, it was spoken as if to a trusted confidante, softly and with a kind eye.[break][break]

"We're here." They'd reached the inner chamber. "But Zapdos doesn't seem to be around right now. Perfect, actually. We can set up without it pestering us."[break][break]

Sliding his bag onto the floor, Barnaby unzipped it and began to remove the various instruments from within so that they could begin setting up.

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
penance
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 21:24:20 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
For many others, this would’ve been a good segway into a discussion of theory, interesting viewpoints of their world, and everything else underneath the umbrella. Of obligations, selflessness. One he would’ve gladly done launched into as they stepped into the lair of the bird.

Instead, the strange bird was absent and so was Grigori’s enthusiasm. “Makes sense.

Fault lied with him, he realized as he nodded along and acted the same as Admin Bee. He should’ve expected such an obvious, straight to the point answer. What else would one of his bosses say? ‘Death to Rocket’? Preposterous.

Instead of a conversation the grunt desperately wanted to have with someone, anyone, he set up various instruments around the perimeter of the nest and kept his mouth shut. Silent, methodical work for a supposedly silent, methodical man.

Whatever Admin Bee asked, he would do as they did their work and eventually left. Peachy.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
penance
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 5:04:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: