Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
baptism by fire
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 0:23:04 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

"... Looks like its been here after all." [break][break]

Atop Mt. Chimney's peak and close to its caldera, angled the screen of one of his game cameras so that could assess the image it portrayed. [break][break]

There was no mistaking the magenta flames and dark feathers that composed GALARIAN MOLTRES — here, in mid-flight above the rim of the volcano. The picture was crisp and unblurry, as if the Legendary Bird had remained hovering for a considerable amount of time.[break][break]

Why? Was it searching for something? [break][break]

Its resurrected cousin, perhaps?[break][break]

Whatever the case, it wasn't here now. And looking through the rest of the data would show it hadn't returned to Mt. Chimney since its initial visit.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
baptism by fire
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 2:16:02 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","neonmint"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","iconimage"]

"Good, at least one of them passed where we thought it would." Mint said with a relived sigh. His cameras had barely caught much other than a cardinal direction and after- they'd been in such disarray with DISSEMINATE as well as the reports from whatever the hell was going on in Evergrande that he nor anybody else had caught sight of the birds. [break][break]

He looked over the image, frowning as he fanned himself. "This is where you saw the Kantonian Moltres right?" he asked. He looked around the peak searching for signs of nesting or damages since. [break][break]

"It's trace should be...relatively fresh right? Not like anything would dare approach the top with it looming." He'd searched through media and news outlets alike. [break][break]

The heat waves pool upwards from the inside of the volcano and spill out like slow moving waves. He can see it distorting the view before him. [break][break]

"Haven't been here since DESOLATE LAND, when Groudon and Regidrago were battling." It's a good change, he supposed, to the SILENT ICELANDS. Though, he much preferred the cold of it to sweltering heat. Even if he'd hit a wall on his leads with HOOPA and KYUREM.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
[attr="class","title"]TLDR;

| in disguise for the bird hunt spicy edition [break][break]

[attr="class","lyricbox"]
it's a highway, highway to the dark [break]
and a neon medusa's got your heart .

[newclass=".neonmint"] --color: #48cbf0; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body u"] font:11px Roboto; letter-spacing:2px; border-bottom:1px dotted; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body b"] color:var(--color); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body i"] color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint"] width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; min-height: 500px; background: #171718; padding-bottom:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .top"] background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/995855452036415501/1092676158828585012/image.png); height: 300px; margin-left: 20px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .colorbar"] height:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body"] background:#222; margin: 20px 30px 20px; padding:30px; font:12px 'Roboto'; text-align:justify; color:#eee; border-radius:0px 20px 20px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox"] background:#222; font:11px 'Consolas'; padding:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; color:#eee; text-align:center; letter-spacing:2px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox b"] color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox i"] border-bottom:1px solid var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .oocbox"] text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #333; padding-top:10px; margin-top:20px; font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; margin-bottom:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .oocbox .title"] font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint a"] color:inherit; text-decoration:none; font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .pkmnparty"] text-align:center; width:400px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .pkmnparty img"] margin-left:-20px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body .iconimage"] float: left; margin: 8px 15px 5px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
baptism by fire
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 21:21:50 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"Correct." [break][break]

He'd been recording Mt. Chimney's peak for quite some time now, trying to assess MOLTRES' travel patterns. If ROCKET could predict its movements, perhaps they could subdue the Legendary Bird before the LEAGUE got their hands on it.[break][break]

They'd had little luck so far, however. There was seemingly no rhyme or reason to when it came or went. feared its Galarian cousin would be much the same. [break][break]

"These creatures are unpredictable. Even with Moltres having been resurrected for quite some time now, its movements are erratic." Barnaby explained, walking closer to the caldera. Something had caught his eye.[break][break]

"It will leave Mt. Chimney for weeks at a time, but only stay for a short while when it does return." Bending down, he plucked a large, iridescent feather from the earth. Pitch black with a glossy sheen. GALARIAN MOLTRES', no doubt.[break][break]

"That was just before my time in Hoenn, but I remember reading the reports." The admin replied to 's talk of GROUDON and REGIDRAGO. "What is it about this mountain that draws so many Legendaries to it, I wonder?"[break][break]

He twirled the feather between thumb and index finger, curious to hear the Beast's response. Would it be similar to 's answer, when they'd had their chat here not too long ago?

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
baptism by fire
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 4:07:27 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

He looks over his energy scanner, the palm top screen easily flicking between different types and giving him quiet readings, announced each time with a soft beep every few seconds. "This place is a hotbed of infinity energy. Not, you know, strong signatures but enough of it to show it or something with similar signatures were nearby." With Barnaby's footage they could assume it was the birds. [break][break]

"According to their history, they like to roam. That's why Zapdos confuses me a little. The one is keeping at his power plant. Or well, housing." [break][break]

He perked up at the feather Bee retrieved, smiling as he noted it was the Galarian's feather. Mint shrugged, moving closer to Barnaby to check the signature on the Galarian Moltres and trying to see if they could find anything specific about it to make the device key into it. [break][break]

"Mmmm who knows. Volcano's ancient, and used to house Groudon right?" he said with a shrug. "Could be something passed down instinctually through them. Could be Groudon's presence- or remnants of it." he said, tapping at his screen. [break][break]

"Nothing about the energy here is reading unusual so I wouldn't say it's an excess of infinity energy either." he added looking up at Bee and pointing some numbers out to him before going back to looking over the feather. "Maybe it's remote enough to guarantee it some peace. As varied with biomes as Hoenn is, it's mostly temperate if you think about it. Not mainly Mountains, Mt. Chimney is it's only volcano, the only place you can squint at and call a tundra is Shoal Cave." he shrugged. [break][break]

"It has to come here. The sun isn't enough to sustain it's flames." he paused before explaining again. "Art history, tapestries, paintings, poetry, etc...dictate that Moltres is fond of mountains, and it's light has often lit the way of many a lot traveler." he said, grinning brightly. [break][break]

"It's also been said by the ancient that Moltres will heal itself by bathing in molten rock and magma." he added with a vague gesture of his hands. "Take that with a grain of salt though. Not all of art can be taken literally." And he highly doubted depictions of ancient beings like Moltres weren't hyperbolized even a little bit.

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[newclass=".neonmint"] --color: #48cbf0; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body u"] font:11px Roboto; letter-spacing:2px; border-bottom:1px dotted; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body b"] color:var(--color); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body i"] color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint"] width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; min-height: 500px; background: #171718; padding-bottom:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .top"] background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/995855452036415501/1092676158828585012/image.png); height: 300px; margin-left: 20px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .colorbar"] height:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body"] background:#222; margin: 20px 30px 20px; padding:30px; font:12px 'Roboto'; text-align:justify; color:#eee; border-radius:0px 20px 20px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox"] background:#222; font:11px 'Consolas'; padding:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; color:#eee; text-align:center; letter-spacing:2px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox b"] color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox i"] border-bottom:1px solid var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .oocbox"] text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #333; padding-top:10px; margin-top:20px; font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; margin-bottom:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .oocbox .title"] font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint a"] color:inherit; text-decoration:none; font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .pkmnparty"] text-align:center; width:400px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .pkmnparty img"] margin-left:-20px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body .iconimage"] float: left; margin: 8px 15px 5px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
baptism by fire
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 3:20:36 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Feather still in hand, righted himself, the POKÉ BALLS on his belt jingling like Wintertide Bells as he did so.[break][break]

He then looked over 's shoulder as the man shifted the energy scanner for the him to inspect. Just as he'd communicated, readings of various energies popped up, with infinity energy being the most abundant by a small margin.[break][break]

"Nothing out of the ordinary then, hm?" He'd hoped the GALARIAN MOLTRES would have left more of an impact on this place. It was an anomaly, but perhaps not anomalous enough for how little time it spent here.[break]

As Mint talked and explained and delved into the history behind the Legendary Pokémon, Barnaby listened intently, soaking up the man's offered knowledge. Some of it he was already aware of, some of it he wasn't. It was all impressive to hear nonetheless.[break][break]

"You've done your homework," Barnaby noted. "I appreciate that."[break][break]

He continued to twirl the feather slowly between his fingers — an idle gesture to focus his thoughts.[break][break]

"But I'm more curious about the origins of this creature." The owner of the feather. The one that materialized from THE VIOLET BOOK.[break][break]

"You were one of the few that saw it manifest, along with Zapdos and Articuno. What are your thoughts?"[break][break]

Would they align with Barnaby's suspicions?

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
baptism by fire
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 3:44:15 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

Mint shook his head to affirm Bee. Noting drastic enough. This was normal. Fading Moltres signatures, perhaps some megastones or their fragments. Maybe even a pokerus ridden mon or two. He smiles easily at the praise but tries to speak humbly about it anyway. "I have to know what scientists are talking about when they don't think I'm listening." Half a joke. "How else is a man to keep his stock of spy gadgets fresh?" Not a joke. [break][break]

"The Galarian trio that just shot out of that book?" he said with a snort, moving a little past Barnaby as he studied his scanner and following something on the ground. Mint kicks dirt for a moment before continuing. "My best guess is a manifest dream mist incident. Paradox pokemon manifest like they did, but I don't think there was any mist. Chance that book is a teleportation device are slim too." [break][break]

Not to mention they had confirmed with Galar that their birds were still active on that side. So theirs are something else entirely. "Having another universe's birds is...weird. Not sure what that means for us other than piling on the anomalies." [break][break]

"Anyways. The origins of the book and its contents require deep analysis. Can't say I particularly trust it a lot yet." They had literally come out of the damn book. What the hell was it? Didn't make any sense. At the very least, it's something beyond his own comprehension. He picks up a rock he momentarily thinks is a piece of broken talon before tossing it towards the crater. Glancing back at the feather he asks out loud, "I wonder if I can find enough feathers, the combined energy might give me a signature to lock into. Like a scent tracker."

[attr="class","oocbox"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
baptism by fire
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 17:28:33 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Evening was beginning to descend upon Mt. Chimney. Already stars peaked through a darkening sky, warning the two ROCKETS of their limited time left here before it would become too difficult to see.[break][break]

"I was thinking something similar, but," Barnaby pressed a thoughtful finger to his lips.[break][break]

"Are they really from another universe? Or just machinations made whole by a power we don't fully comprehend?"[break][break]

The GALARIAN TRIO was out of place, out of time. They didn't belong here. And yet they were. What did that mean for ROCKET? Or Hoenn as a whole?[break][break]

"Regardless, the book is being studied by the likes of and . I trust that, with time, they'll have answers for us."[break][break]

was also doing his part to find resolution. A tracker of sorts?[break][break]

"It wouldn't hurt to try. There have been enough sightings to at least know its general whereabouts after the fact."

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
baptism by fire
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 2:09:49 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

"I don't really get what TERA CRYSTALS are...I just know that with going ballistic, I didn't manage to see DREAMMIST in that white out." he said with a small shrug. "I didn't have the foresight to bring any recording devices either, so there's no frames to review." he said with a sigh. [break][break]

"Oh for sure, our science dept can crack anything with enough time and resources. Provided we can keep feeding them info they need." he said with a confident nod. [break][break]

"If we could establish a pattern to these things...we could trap one." he said, smiling at the thought. "Moltres? Zapdos? Gods, anything that's wandering around really." he said with a shrug before holding u pa finger as he got a thought. [break][break]

"OH! OH- What if- since everything is based on infinity when it comes to these mythical pokemon, maybe figuring out what the average readings for that tier of creature- I'm sure it varies slightly from Azelf to Kyogre but- you know??" he already snapping his fingers and writing it down, ready to harass and pester the corps again.

[attr="class","oocbox"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
baptism by fire
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 1:26:11 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

listened intently as delved into his budding ideas. For a moment he wondered what it might be like within the Beast's inquisitive mind... but shuddered at the notion. He could just imagine thoughts bouncing around in there a mile a minute.[break][break]

"All great ideas. I'd love to help them come to fruition in whatever way possible,"[break][break]

And that was the truth. As an admin, it was Barnaby's job to encourage those within the organization and foster their potential wherever an opportunity presented itself.[break][break]

"But in the meantime, let's start heading out. You can tell me more as we descend the mountain."

[break]
hatching an egg[break]
(New Year's Eve Bar Crawl)

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
baptism by fire
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 8:15:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A FUECOCO HATCHES FROM YOUR EGG!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE OR FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] UNAWARE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HYPER VOICE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FIRE BLAST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SNARL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TEMPER FLARE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SLACK OFF

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
baptism by fire
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 8:16:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: