Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE SPIDER AND THE FLY
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 4:08:51 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

She'd resisted entering these offices for as long as she could remember.[break][break]

Encounters with the Rocket Boss had been fleeting, in her experience. When brought to a summit discussing the affairs of METENO, she'd been one of the few higher-ups in Rocket to remain silent and composed in the presence of open disagreement. Powerful men didn't care to be argued with; she'd known that truth better than most.[break][break]

She believed, even now, that her obedience was part of what had escalated her from admin of intelligence to underboss.[break][break]

But who could have foreseen how swiftly she'd change? Who could have predicted the way that Ruinous Beast would have ravaged her psyche, and with it, given her a power and boldness that had pushed the boundaries of what her office allowed her?[break][break]

Whatever uncertainty she possessed in this meeting, Elisabeth banished it from her mind with single-minded purpose. High heels clacked against the floor, perfectly manicured nails turning the door knob to enter Walsh's private office.[break][break]

When she smiled at him, it felt like facing her executioner.[break][break]

"Walsh," she began, her voice a low purr as she took her seat opposite him. "Thank you for granting me this audience on such short notice."[break][break]

Or late notice, depending on how one chose to look at it.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Shiv

he/him
forty-two
saffron city
Hoenn TR Boss
Rocket Boss
6'4" height
6'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
94 posts
declan walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @declan
declan walsh
THE SPIDER AND THE FLY
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 7:27:28 GMT
declan walsh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"it is but a perk of serving as underboss." walsh articulates behind his black baroque desk. the gilded fixtures lack lustre, but by no fault of its material.[break][break]

rather, the shadows in the room cast the office in darkness. like an oil slick, the umbrage smothers walsh's office in stygian drapery.[break][break]

"you have been making quite a name for yourself, haven't you?"[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon darkrai"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#8c7ab4; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE SPIDER AND THE FLY
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 7:48:41 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal1 elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Amassing infamy is to be expected in our profession," she said with an easy shrug of her shoulders, one leg crossing over the other. "You could say the last summit's discourse regarding striking fear back into Hoenn resonated with me."[break][break]

When set beside the likes of Kanto veterans and , her own achievements seemed paltry in comparison. Even so, she'd always had a flair for the dramatic, even in Kalos. Her unmasking in Hoenn had been no exception.[break][break]

In some ways, she'd been dragged into that light against her original will. The influence of her Divine patron had overridden her own with such incessant demand, all her little civilian pleasures had seemed so utterly pathetic to uphold.[break][break]

Elisabeth didn't regret that choice, exactly. But she wondered how much of that choice had been consciously her own at the time.[break][break]

"When you stop hiding in the shadows, you no longer are bound by fear. You learn how to wield others' fear, instead."[break][break]

It was a somewhat ironic comment given the dark veil of her surroundings, and all the more ironic still given how much she still shrouded in secrecy from the organization that had uplifted her to this high office.[break][break]

"And regarding the reports at the island... there are some shadows I wish to dispel with you, now."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal1"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal1 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal1 blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal1 blockquote b, .minimal1 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal1 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal1 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal1 .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal1 .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal1 .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal1 .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal1 .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Shiv

he/him
forty-two
saffron city
Hoenn TR Boss
Rocket Boss
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
94 posts
declan walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @declan
declan walsh
THE SPIDER AND THE FLY
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 5:02:00 GMT
declan walsh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yes, let's."[break][break]

the boss ascends from his seat. naturally, his umbratile cape flourishes upon movement. it sweeps shadows from his ankles and forces them into fern-like curls.[break][break]

"are we missing the floristry business so much that we are deflowering one of the elite four?"[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#8c7ab4; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE SPIDER AND THE FLY
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 5:28:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

At the unexpected barb, Elisabeth threw back her head and laughed. It was a bright, genuine sound, startled by its own depth of amusement.[break][break]

"You make him sound like some kind of innocent white lily," the underboss said, her lips pulling into a mocking smile. "He's more of the pest that won't leave the garden, in my experience."[break][break]

Those with nothing to hide, have nothing to fear, she reminded herself. It steadied any nerves that otherwise threatened to surface as the Rocket boss rose from his seat.[break][break]

"The situation started when I was his wedding florist, actually." A truth. "He pursued me when his engagement went to shambles." Another truth, hinting at an implicit lie. "I saw a benefit to entertaining his advances." An eventual truth, though it did not begin that way.[break][break]

The shadows danced at Walsh's feet, and Elisabeth watched the dark filaments undulate with a sweep of his cape before her eyes returned to meet his.[break][break]

"You'll notice for all but the final day of recent battle, was absent on the island. The day he did arrive, he fought alongside me and killed his own men."[break][break]

She cocked her head at , a hand beginning to languidly gesture mid-air.[break][break]

"Do you want to guess why?"[break][break]

A faint plume of pink smoke began to wind and curl outwards from her sleeve, forming a thin band about her wrist.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal1"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal1 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal1 blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal1 blockquote b, .minimal1 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal1 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal1 .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal1 .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal1 .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal1 .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Shiv

he/him
forty-two
saffron city
Hoenn TR Boss
Rocket Boss
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
94 posts
declan walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @declan
declan walsh
THE SPIDER AND THE FLY
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 23:27:10 GMT
declan walsh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

garden pest or unruly garden? declan's eye catalogues the pink fume wreathing around elisabeth's wrist. but he does not stir.[break][break]

to act quick, to hasten response, is to disturb the imminent message.[break][break]

"enlighten me." the boss speaks, voice dry as old ice. "my answer does not have the advantage of intimacy."[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE SPIDER AND THE FLY
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 23:38:41 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

A deep breath prepared her for this revelation. She recalled, with sudden biting clarity, that she already knew what it was like to sit across from a man with the power to shape her life into a heaven or hell.[break][break]

Ironic, wasn't it, that Kalos and Hoenn had turned out to be one and the same?[break][break]

"A second deity presented itself to me for Avatarship," she stated, as if this was as normal a thing to comment upon as a shift in the weather. "One Rocket and the League each believed to be dead."[break][break]

Her heartbeat rammed against her throat, but she fought to keep the panic down as she met Walsh's eyes.[break][break]

Better to hear from you. Better to take charge of this narrative before it gains a mind of its own.[break][break]

She'd inherited a chessboard riddled with the emotion-driven results of impulsive, short-term decisions. If she was cornered, then secrecy was a luxury she couldn't assume she had anymore.[break][break]

The underboss exhaled, releasing a finer pink mist as she did so, which harmlessly scattered around her like glittering dust.[break][break]

"I am the Avatar of both Tapu Fini and Wo-chien. And I am pleased to report to you that I have successfully utilized the abilities of the former against the League, and against its own former Avatar."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Shiv

he/him
forty-two
saffron city
Hoenn TR Boss
Rocket Boss
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
94 posts
declan walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @declan
declan walsh
THE SPIDER AND THE FLY
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 7:54:44 GMT
declan walsh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"two?"[break][break]

to possess two patrons is unheard of. unfathomable. and yet, here she was standing before him in all her impossibility—and stunning, sprawling possibility.[break][break]

though no smile manifests on his visage, declan exudes contentment and curiosity through the softening contours of his stare.[break][break]

"what happened to the predecessor?" the boss asks of . "does he still breathe?"[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE SPIDER AND THE FLY
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 8:12:40 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She read his body language like her life depended on how well she could translate the faintest raise in his eyebrow.[break][break]

His contentment startled her more than anything else could have. The breaching of protocol, the flaunting of authority, the acting on her own -- none of it had inspired the ire and the punishment she had braced herself for.[break][break]

Had she not displeased him, then? Briefly stunned, words failed her until his question registered.[break][break]

"He would have died to Wo-chien, had not intervened," she said. "But Tapu Fini tipped the scales, and prevented the councilwoman from killing me instead."[break][break]

Her fingertips restlessly drummed on her leg as she contemplated that encounter, her previous facade gone as she attempted to grasp some understanding of a day that felt fogged in a pink haze.[break][break]

"Some Avatarships operate like a conduit," she said then, glancing up at him with a surprising openness in her emerald eyes. "That is how Tapu Fini and I interact with one another: it uses me as a vessel to channel its power. Wo-chien is much the same."[break][break]

A certainty entered her voice, ringing with conviction as she launched into her understanding of events. She had pieced this together over so many months of trial and error, from utilizing in the dungeons of the Rocket submarine, to wielding the fog against the League in a full-on assault.[break][break]

"Fini's mist has a quality that alters the mind, opening up the heart of its recipient to express repressed wants and desires. It is a suggestive, dangerous power, and one that proves addictive to those unfortunate enough to be its victims."[break][break]

Her words became animated. Her eyes brightened with insight.[break][break]

"In , he pursued actions unhindered by obligation, provoking friend and foe alike. In , he unleashed the rage that he feels against his own people, slaughtering men who secretly despised him. And in ..."[break][break]

The excitement of revelation faded, replaced by a pensive thoughtfulness that betrayed her wondering.[break][break]

"He defended me," she said simply, recounting the events for what they were. "He turned against with a readiness that frightened me, and defended me with an impassioned fervor mere seconds after trying to kill me." Her gaze turned distant, and she fought to find the right way to convey her insight on this. "It affected him differently," she said finally. "The way he looked at Morningstar... It wasn't some repressed need to lash out, like the others."[break][break]

She looked at Walsh, aware what she said next would sound insane to anyone with ears.[break][break]

But for the first time since she'd entered here, she told him the truth to the best of her ability.[break][break]

"He was protecting me, specifically."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Shiv

he/him
forty-two
saffron city
Hoenn TR Boss
Rocket Boss
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
94 posts
declan walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @declan
declan walsh
THE SPIDER AND THE FLY
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 0:59:27 GMT
declan walsh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"intriguing." [break][break]

declan speaks slow and low. an incongruous register wholly disconnected from the mawkish and sweet. however, his dark tremolo, though steady, provides the plane for unpredictable leaps. leaps of sincerity. leaps of anger. leaps of violence.[break][break]

whatever must be done for rocket.[break][break]

"the man must be lonely." he says. "has your mind been altered then? as conduit, you've used the tapu's mist thrice."[break][break]

after all, a fish and company stink after three days.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE SPIDER AND THE FLY
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 1:38:28 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Yes and no," she replied, an answer she wouldn't have granted him an hour ago. Her brow furrowed together in deep concentration, something nagging at the back of her mind. "If I'm to be honest, I think Wo-chien altered me more. You and others witnessed that firsthand."[break][break]

And had documented it for good measure, enshrining that fact in their records forevermore.[break][break]

I don't think this is about loneliness, either, she wanted to argue, but saw no merit in doing so. didn't seem the sort of man to throw away everything for a pretty face. His dedication to the region went too deep -- no, his savior complex went too deep for that.[break][break]

That Fernando would jeopardize Hoenn's future for a woman like her didn't make sense. He wasn't .[break][break]

Even in all the time she and the councilman had spent together, she could have been replaced with any woman, couldn't she? They'd flirted, circling around one another and enjoying one another's company, but she'd not given him anything someone else couldn't have.[break][break]

All Elisabeth could figure was that it had something to do with her tie to Tapu Fini. Perhaps his loyalty to that deity had transferred as loyalty to her.[break][break]

"Fini's expectations of me are less knowable, I think, than Wo-chien's," she continued. "The Ruinous Beast relies on emotion to fuel its power, and the darker the emotion it pulls upon, the stronger that force becomes. Naturally, that has an effect that wears on the psyche."[break][break]

It was an understatement, but a truth nonetheless.[break][break]

"When I wield Fini's mist, I don't feel exhausted the way I do after I utilize Wo-chien's power. It feels..." She searched for a word, her gaze unfocusing as she bit her lip. "...natural? It's pleasant. Like something is channeling through me, but not at my own expense, if that makes sense."[break][break]

Wo-chien treated her like a battery, depleting her stores of energy to enable its will; Tapu Fini treated her like a sieve, letting its power breathe through her.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Shiv

he/him
forty-two
saffron city
Hoenn TR Boss
Rocket Boss
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
94 posts
declan walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @declan
declan walsh
THE SPIDER AND THE FLY
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 6:55:41 GMT
declan walsh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"then it appears that fini and wo-chien are perfect for each other."[break][break]

declan turns his head away, but his gaze faces elisabeth. the angle is sharp. brow hardening the edge of his expression.[break][break]

"and perfect for you." [break][break]

shadows coalesce beneath him as if he were gathering the dark tide. but it is a futile exercise. the shadows flush away and grasp at quiet corners.[break][break]

"what will you do then? with powers combined? you are treading into uncharted territory. you are in essence," the boss says, "alone."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE SPIDER AND THE FLY
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 7:33:16 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Perfect for each other."
[break]

Silence descended upon her with that morbid conclusion.[break][break]

"It would be a monster that chose me," she'd said bitterly to the ghost of Cait Alfric when Tapu Fini first embraced her. She'd always believed that, though, and confessed as much to .[break][break]

Even Celebi had only shown interest in her, presumably, due to fearing what Wo-chien's designs for her might be.[break][break]

What did it say about her, then, that she'd attracted not one monster, but two? Hadn't it set her singularly strange and apart even within an organization that built its back upon monsters?[break][break]

No matter what she did, she never seemed to belong anywhere. It was a despairing and sobering thought.[break][break]

"Aren't we all alone?" she said instead, and her smile showed the barest hint of teeth. "It is through forming alliances with one another we get through in this world. It is why I asked for this audience with you, now."[break][break]

The composure of earlier returned, that porcelain mask seamlessly sliding back into place.[break][break]

"If I am to tread into the uncharted darkness, where are you and Rocket willing to follow me? Or, perhaps the better question is... where would you have me go?"[break][break]

She offered herself as a chess piece to him willingly, keen to glimpse insight into a mind that so rarely revealed its secret designs.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Shiv

he/him
forty-two
saffron city
Hoenn TR Boss
Rocket Boss
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
94 posts
declan walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @declan
declan walsh
THE SPIDER AND THE FLY
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 0:53:06 GMT
declan walsh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"why, right back to silph of course."[break][break]

the boss grants pause. he wonders who comes to mind within elisabeth's bramble of thoughts. which spine protrudes the sharpest. which thorn hangs the most awry.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE SPIDER AND THE FLY
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 2:56:49 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Hm. I feel more confident I can deliver one to you than the other."[break][break]

He may have wanted an emotional response, but what he would receive instead was her analysis of the situation as Elisabeth thought through her options as if examining a chessboard.[break][break]

" is a high priority target given his Avatarship to Groudon, no? And does not have Avatarship any longer."[break][break]

She rested her chin on her hands and closed her eyes, exhaling.[break][break]

"Of the two, Matias is simpler. He wants my help procuring Red Shards, and his precarious position in the League leaves him easier to manipulate. He believes that he loves me. But Fernando is..."[break][break]

Elisabeth faltered here, unsure how to voice her resistance to revisiting that encounter on the island. It had been uncomfortable to see him defend her so vehemently, and if she were to be honest with herself, a little frightening.[break][break]

"He's unpredictable. I don't know how affected by Tapu Fini he might still be, or the nature of his feelings towards me. For all I know, he wants me dead for what I did to him."[break][break]

She'd wanted him dead for lesser reasons, for simply knowing he had the power to wield Tapu Fini over her when she was weak and vulnerable.

[attr="class","pkmn"]