TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 18:39:28 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

thin eyebrows rose beneath her bangs at the assurance that he would not let the world end while she took a day off, and there was even a tinge of pink to her face at the implication that she thought the apocalypse might occur if she were to do so.[break][break]

still, was it so much to ask? “yes.” there was annoyance in her tone.[break][break]

the longer he went trying to convince her, the more suspicious she became. it occurred to her that much of her time on the submarine was spent in the evenings, in a nearly empty laboratory. another vacation would leave it less guarded.[break][break]

she did not settle on that conclusion. however, he’d come to labs for some reason, and it had not simply been to give her a week off work. whatever it was, she decided that since they did not really know each other, he could only be motivated by self-interest.[break][break]

“what is it that you want, exactly? you came here for something.” considering he’d only just been promoted, and she was sure he had plenty of things on his to-do list. "surely it wasn't just to offer me a vacation."[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-poipole"][break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
894 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 20:19:49 GMT
Shred Avatar
The good news is, she isn't mad. The bad news is, she still doesn't seem particularly eager to take the break, either. Man, this is exhausting. Just trying to convince her to take a vacation makes you feel like you need a vacation, too. Why can't she just trust you on this one? You, someone who's practically a stranger to her, who specifically sought her out after she tried to kill him, and who keeps making demands of her without clarifying why? It just doesn't make any sense.

Once again, the question comes back to what you want, and once again, you still can't give her a straight answer. But you came here for more than one reason, and if won't tell her the first one, then you can at least offer her the second.

"...Look." You begin, taking a few steps back towards Lulu and lowering your voice to a whisper once more. "I don't like anything that happened down in that cave. Now that all the proof has up and vanished, nobody has any reason to believe us. I know for a fact that the League won't do anything about it, and I doubt Rocket will do shit, either. But if that Chain ends up coming back, and if that parasite ends up spreading, then it won't end well for anyone. But, we were both there. We know how serious this shit is, and between your brains and my brawn, we might be able to stamp this out before it becomes a problem."

And that'll mean, Arceus willing, you never have to choose between your life and hers ever again.

"Is that so much to ask?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,730 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 21:44:33 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

cautious realization flashed in her eyes as he explained. perhaps he was trying to get her to take a break so he could have a good opportunity to kill her and prevent a horrible parasite from eradicating humanity. he did think he could prevent the end of the world, and if no one else was going to do anything about it…[break][break]

when he came around to the idea that they would take care of it together, it was not what she expected.[break][break]

”no,” she answered warily. it was important. the league was likely to be looking into it deeper than they would let the public know about, but they were also likely to keep anything they found out to themselves, which would leave them in the dark as usual.[break][break]

it occurred to her, also, that at least finding the megalopolans that had possessed the parasite could lead to knowledge about the mysterious power of spacetime distortions¬–unless that too had all been based on dream physics and was entirely meaningless in reality.[break][break]

”what do you mean by ‘stamp it out before it becomes a problem’? you mean locate the parasite–if it still exists? we watched it disappear.”[break][break]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
894 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 22:17:03 GMT
Shred Avatar
"I'd like if it that was true, but I'm not so optimistic."

You think back to the incident that took place underneath Route 119. Ideally, you'd like to savour a cigarette while mulling it over, but given that you're in a submarine, you'll have to forego that luxury. So, you just cross your arms, tilt your head back, and try to imagine the taste of nicotine on your tongue as you reflect on what happened.

"Sure, the chains on the rescue team members disappeared, and the ones on the dead did, too. But what about the other Megalopolans and their Pokemon?" You muse, placing a hand upon your chin. "They all had the parasite too, and not only are they gone, but we don't know where they went. They could be off in some other cave, plotting the same things, and we'd be none the wiser. Besides, I have a hunch..."

You hesitate for a moment. Should you really be relying on "hunches" and "vibes" to try and convince a highly respected scientist, of all people? But hey, what do you really have to lose? What is she going to do, lose faith in your nonexistent intellectual prowess?

"I think there's more parasites out there. Besides the Megalopolan ones, I mean. I don't know why, but I just get the feeling there's more out there that we don't know about."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,730 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 3:23:56 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”i’m no parasitologist, but i can tell you with near certainty that you’re right about that.” parasitism was hardly an uncommon mode of life, after all.[break][break]

though alien parasites were far from her focus of study, the situation’s connection to the tera crystal and the interdream zone intrigued her. it was worth her time. she was interested, if only to try and prove her theory wrong.[break][break]

”there are megalopolans in hoenn somewhere, if general velmos is telling the truth,” she noted. the megalopolan war general in their custody had said once that he could turn his comrades hiding in hoenn into rocket’s allies. she recalled the words of the zombie megalopolans that night of the blood moon: something about a dull-toothed traitor. ”couldn’t say whether it was them or not in the cave, though.”[break][break]

she thought briefly, then, of another war of the worlds surely brewing. would they have an enemy waiting beneath them while yet another descended?[break][break]

”your guess is as good as mine on where to look for them. it’s dangerous to spend much time in those caves. dreams can whisk you away from reality very quickly.”[break][break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
894 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 1:16:38 GMT
Shred Avatar
Where are you supposed to find a sect of rogue aliens hidden in the caves beneath Hoenn? It's a needle in a haystack, that much is for sure. The only reason you found them in the first place is because the Bloodmoon Beast ended up leading you right to them. But if they're hiding underground and disguising themselves as humans, then what're the odds you'll be able to find them again? Very, very low.

But, not zero. After all, this is Hoenn you're talking about, a region full of unlikely coincidences and crazy odds. You don't know how you'll track them down, but you're sure you'll figure something out. Worst comes to worst, you'll just get lucky.

"I'll work on it."

General Velmos, huh? Is he one of those DRK Triad weirdoes everyone is so paranoid about? She said his name like you should know it. You'll have to skim back through your emails, see if you missed any memos about that. Whatever the case, if he knows about where the Megalopolans are, then he seems like the most tempting lead you've got.

"I'll start on the heavy lifting, lay some groundwork, see if I can't pull a few strings and get things going. Meanwhile, you can spend your week..." You begin, only to pause. From behind your sunglasses, your eyes narrow a little, as though trying to divine whatever Lulu might be thinking. Then, your tone shifts. "...Days off doing some heavy thinking. How long do you think that'll take you? Two? Three days?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,730 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 4:57:12 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

he’d work on it. no heeding her warnings–go figure. no one ever did.[break][break]

a brow quirked at heavy lifting and pulling strings. what was he planning, exactly? she was somewhat intrigued, until it soured.[break][break]

her lips pursed, chin turning to the side a little again, as though she suspected she hadn’t heard him correctly. ”you’re going to 'offer me days off', and then tell me how to spend them?”[break][break]

through his shades, she fixed him with a flat look that was clearly not sold on his new authority. a look that believed it was he who still had her respect to earn.[break][break]

”i have important work to do,” she informed him coolly. ”i will look into this, and get back to you.” not in two days, or three, but in time.[break][break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
894 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 22:07:46 GMT
Shred Avatar
"...Okay."

Well, you've hit a wall. Not in terms of the Toxic Chain thing, no, you're sure you'll figure that out eventually, but in terms of this... You don't even know what to call it. A partnership? A relationship? A terrible mismatch of personality aligned by common goals? Whatever it is, you've fucked it. Truly, sincerely, for real this time, you've fucked it. All those other times you said that you fucked it? No. Those weren't nearly as bad as this one. All the other times are mere motes of cosmic incompetency compared to this big bang of a botch. This time, you have completely, utterly, sincerely fucked it.

With that, you take a few steps back. It seems you're just about done here. You know what you need to be doing, she assumedly has some ideas of her own, and you'll meet back whenever she says so. So, you begin to leave, but as you do, you pause. You've basically hit the event horizon of fucked-upness, right? In that case, might as well try and smooth things over, right? It's not like it can get any worse.

"Just... Do yourself a favour and take a break every once in a while, alright? I'll get out of your hair now. See you later, love you, bye."

With that, you continue on towards the exit. Now, what to do next? First order of business is probably to read up on the history of the Megalopolans in Hoenn, see if you can't figure anything out from that. Then, you'll need to start thinking about--

FUCK.

--You hurry along as fast as you can and quickly leave the laboratory behind.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,730 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 10:34:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she held her ground, and it worked. the strange beast retreated–but not without bestowing another round of advice, and a couple of words that only registered after she ran it back in her head a second time.[break][break]

”what the fuck?” she called after him sharply–but he was already gone, headed in precisely the direction he ought to be. she wasn’t about to slow him down.[break][break]

after he disappeared, she strode briskly in the other direction, glowering. what had she just agreed to? not much, technically, but she figured she would likely see him again regardless. [break][break]

”i should’ve just stayed in galar…”[break][break]

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 18:14:40 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven